Gripmas Carol 2008

climber511

I looked at the entry form and couldn't find an answer. Does the oly bar for the one hand deadlift have knurling at the center?

Brent

Yes Brent it will be a bushing (not bearings) bar with center knurling.

Please make sure it's bent as well.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

:D

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

I looked at the entry form and couldn't find an answer. Does the oly bar for the one hand deadlift have knurling at the center?

Brent

Yes Brent it will be a bushing (not bearings) bar with center knurling.

Please make sure it's bent as well.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

:D

Josh - I'm pretty sure I won't lift enough to bend it.

I received the good news today that IronMind will be a sponsor for Gripmas this year. I had some good interaction with Dr Strossen - he got me looking at things from the point of view of a company being asked to put their name behind a contest - something I should have been better at to start with. Live and Learn. We also had some nice interaction on the future and direction of Grip Strength competitions in the future - very interesting to see his ideas.

Anything you would like to share?

I already tried Bob, he's a tough cookie to crack.

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Still only 5 of us signed up - please get your entry forms sent in to me by the 20th.

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Still only 5 of us signed up - please get your entry forms sent in to me by the 20th.

I dusted off the old check book today and mailed in my fee.

Bob Sundin call me, I think your number has change since the last time I talked to ya. :D Also if anyone else is coming through NC and you want to pool in the minivan we got plenty of room. It will make for a cheap trip.

It looks like Anson won't be able to make it thins year, he and Michelle are busy making babies, she's got another little one in the oven. :D

I am looking forward to seeing all you guys again :rock

Edited by madss

Scott - I got a missed call on my cell a good while back (my number is the same) - I called back and missed you so I emailed and never got an answer to that either - technology at it's finest :blush - It will be great to see you again - bet you have a bunch of good stories from your trip - can't wait to hear them.

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Edited by climber511

Chris I'll give ya a call again, I left my ac charger to my cell phone in the desert and all I have is my truck charger, so the phone tends to sleep outside at night. Im to cheap to go get another one. I'll bring some vids of the place we hear some much about on the news. Its uhhhh......... a super sweet place. :rolleyes

Well Im going down stair to get a little workout in. Its axle day!!!

Chris I'll give ya a call again, I left my ac charger to my cell phone in the desert and all I have is my truck charger, so the phone tends to sleep outside at night. Im to cheap to go get another one. I'll bring some vids of the place we hear some much about on the news. Its uhhhh......... a super sweet place. :rolleyes

Well Im going down stair to get a little workout in. Its axle day!!!

Welcome back Scott, check your PMs. I think we'll need to have a griptogether to see if we can Weaver Stick 1/3 of what the big fellows are doing.

Sounds like an awesome comp Chris! wish I could make it, but my wife has one in the oven too! we're due in December! he's gonna be a MMA and grip phenom :laugh .................................... he doesn't have a choice :laugh

Sounds like an awesome comp Chris! wish I could make it, but my wife has one in the oven too! we're due in December! he's gonna be a MMA and grip phenom :laugh .................................... he doesn't have a choice :laugh

Congratulations Paul! Must be something in the water - all kinds of you young bucks are having babies! Sorry you can't make it up Paul - I hope it will be another comp like last year with lots of people and some great fun! PRs all around :rock

I see Paul. I get it. 9 months ago, before you joined the board, an ancient pterosaur, who had fallen into a Lazarous pit becoming immortal, living in the jungles of the congo off monkey meat and the feathers of the Merops Boehmi, otherwise known as the Boehm's Bee-eater, conveyed to you it's extreme distress and sleepless-nights as a result of witnessing my strength by watching my YouTube vids. He told you that the Oracle of Delphi once told him he was infallible, and that you wouldn't be able to beat me at Gripmas. You went to google straight away to look up "infallable" only to find that it is actually spelled "infallible" and found that it meant "absolutley trustworthy or sure". After six weeks you managed to put 2 and 2 together and found that what this meant he was never wrong and predicted you would lose to me at Gripmas. Worried to death about losing to someone who wears shoes even less often than yourself, you first thought of hiring a contract killer, but figured that was too elaborate. You then thought about taking up Anthropology and living with the Taromenane clan of the Waorani people in the Amazon rainforest who live between the Curaray and Napo rivers, tributaries of the Amazon river. After hearing of their extremely aggressive nature towards any non-Waorani, you decided against that too. Distraught, you went to the ancient pterosaur for guidence to which he replied "Shniadoslignoandllskkksoidngslidnskaaseiznvb sonid oaobdi". You had no clue what that meant and thought the pterosaur was high on LSD so in a last ditch effort, you contracted Stork Baby-Making Inc. to get yourself a beautiful bouncing bundle of pooping joy in the hope that the due date would be near Gripmas time.

Well played sir, but I saw through your clever ruse :cool

I see Paul. I get it. 9 months ago, before you joined the board, an ancient pterosaur, who had fallen into a Lazarous pit becoming immortal, living in the jungles of the congo off monkey meat and the feathers of the Merops Boehmi, otherwise known as the Boehm's Bee-eater, conveyed to you it's extreme distress and sleepless-nights as a result of witnessing my strength by watching my YouTube vids. He told you that the Oracle of Delphi once told him he was infallible, and that you wouldn't be able to beat me at Gripmas. You went to google straight away to look up "infallable" only to find that it is actually spelled "infallible" and found that it meant "absolutley trustworthy or sure". After six weeks you managed to put 2 and 2 together and found that what this meant he was never wrong and predicted you would lose to me at Gripmas. Worried to death about losing to someone who wears shoes even less often than yourself, you first thought of hiring a contract killer, but figured that was too elaborate. You then thought about taking up Anthropology and living with the Taromenane clan of the Waorani people in the Amazon rainforest who live between the Curaray and Napo rivers, tributaries of the Amazon river. After hearing of their extremely aggressive nature towards any non-Waorani, you decided against that too. Distraught, you went to the ancient pterosaur for guidence to which he replied "Shniadoslignoandllskkksoidngslidnskaaseiznvb sonid oaobdi". You had no clue what that meant and thought the pterosaur was high on LSD so in a last ditch effort, you contracted Stork Baby-Making Inc. to get yourself a beautiful bouncing bundle of pooping joy in the hope that the due date would be near Gripmas time.

Great stuff right there! :rock:laugh

Edited by nickr104

I don't know how you figured it out, but you did :yikes

My favorite post on the board ever! funniest thing I've ever read :laugh:laugh your a genius Zach!

especially the part about pooping :laugh:laugh

Edited by Paul Knight

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Bob Lipinski

And Zach - that was great!

Hey Chris could you check out this vid of me One Hand Deadlifting and let me know if that would be considered a good lift per the judging you plan to use for Gripmas?

1 Hand Deadlift

Thanks,

Jesse

Heck yes that's a good lift - now put some weight on the bar - that looked way too easy!

Really what I was wondering was how long I need to pause at the top. I think the rules said there was going to be a down signal given? It the signal going to be the instant the barbell gets to the top or are we going to need to hold it a bit like I did in the video?

Really what I was wondering was how long I need to pause at the top. I think the rules said there was going to be a down signal given? It the signal going to be the instant the barbell gets to the top or are we going to need to hold it a bit like I did in the video?

I hope the judges are on the ball like they were at MGC and call em' quick

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Bob Lipinski

The check is made out and in an addressed envelope!

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Bob Lipinski

is eaton coming?

Gripmas 08 Paid

Chris Rice

Bob Sundin

Tim Karwatske

Brent Barbie

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Bob Lipinski

is eaton coming?

Says he is - someday maybe he'll send in his entry :D I mean he trained once - there must be a contest in his future somewhere,

Edited by climber511