Gripmas Carol 2008

climber511

Thought I might be in trouble for the weight class. A day without carbs did the trick, 214 to 208.

6# in one day - keep that up and we'll put you in the kiddy class :rock

Some information

Josh Dale says he can not make it to Gripmas now - I understand but hate it - I was really looking forward to his huge gripper closes and another chance to compete against him - this time as a lightweight - my hope was that losing weight might weaken him up some. :)

My old training partner Joey Carr is now in - he has recently lost about 60# and hasn't been lifting at all but he's also the guy that did a double Blob lift the first time he ever saw them (Open Class). A friend of Jedd's - Joe Hashey from Synergy Athletics . com - is also coming - not sure what weight class he will be in but from the pictures - he appears to be open class but that's just a guess - a Strongman competitor. One week out and the Medley still sits at 25 items with 4 more to be brought by other people - Stew is bringing an anvil and a piece of round stock that is a bear (I haven't seen the anvil before) - Nick is bringing a piece of square stock that we had last year and Bob is bringing his Inch to try and add a bit of challenge for Dave and Jedd (I still don't see anything that will stop them). I guess I decide what's in and what's out on the day of the contest. Everything is coming together at the last minute as usual - looking forward to seeing everyone again.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

Josh Dale says he can not make it to Gripmas now - I understand but hate it - I was really looking forward to his huge gripper closes and another chance to compete against him - this time as a lightweight - my hope was that losing weight might weaken him up some.

That sucks.

I wasn't able to get the square block Chris sorry. Stew is bringing his big round steel block.

I'm sorry to hear Josh won't be going! I was looking forward to hearing of a BIG choked close. And the other parts of the JD show.

Josh Dale says he can not make it to Gripmas now - I understand but hate it - I was really looking forward to his huge gripper closes and another chance to compete against him - this time as a lightweight - my hope was that losing weight might weaken him up some.

That sucks.

Damn, I thought he'd be closing a 220# choked gripper or something similarly crazy, hope he's ok.

I wasn't able to get the square block Chris sorry. Stew is bringing his big round steel block.
If so, that's good for me, that thing hurts! Edited by odin

Thought I might be in trouble for the weight class. A day without carbs did the trick, 214 to 208.

Josh Dale says he can not make it to Gripmas now - I understand but hate it - I was really looking forward to his huge gripper closes and another chance to compete against him - this time as a lightweight - my hope was that losing weight might weaken him up some. :)

that blows. I hope everything is okay and we get to compete in MI.

Brent

If that's the same round bar that Dave lifted at Stew's awhile back, it's a bear!

If that's the same round bar that Dave lifted at Stew's awhile back, it's a bear!

That's the one Zach - I think Eaton got a little air but not a full lift - and yep - it is a bear! I can't wait to see the anvil - Stew says it's a big un - hope it's not glued to the floor.

Edited by climber511

Wooo hooo! One week out fellas! I can't wait! :rock

That sucks that Josh can't make it. I enjoyed talking to him at BBB4, and was looking forward to competing with him again.

Any projections or smack talk?

I got a little smack talk...but only since you provoked me Chris. :D

Here's how it's going to play out. A local male ballerina will show up in his ballet outfit (tights and little shoes) and beat everyone there handily. Then he'll parade around the compound while shouting nasty remarks at everyone. And he'll mention a few times that he "doesn't even train grip!"

I got a little smack talk...but only since you provoked me Chris. :D

Here's how it's going to play out. A local male ballerina will show up in his ballet outfit (tights and little shoes) and beat everyone there handily. Then he'll parade around the compound while shouting nasty remarks at everyone. And he'll mention a few times that he "doesn't even train grip!"

I might be able to find some pink tights and a tutu but little shoes ain't a gonna fit on these boats! So I guess it ain't me you're talking about :D

My projection is that Chris will beat me. :)

Hehe - we're in different classes this time.

I am looking forward to beating Chris at his house. :)

Should be close. I should take the grippers and the weaver stick, Chris probably has the Medley and the pinch. OHDL is up in the air.

Weaver stick and Medley might be up in the air too. I think we have each other pretty solidly beat on the pinch and grippers. Should be fun.

Should be close. I should take the grippers and the weaver stick, Chris probably has the Medley and the pinch. OHDL is up in the air.

Weaver stick and Medley might be up in the air too. I think we have each other pretty solidly beat on the pinch and grippers. Should be fun.

Bob - I'm looking forward to our rematch, we usually have a close, fun battle and I hope this time is no different - but let's not forget Scott George - when he's on - he always crushes me. And I don't think he has wrecked anything lately so he might be healthy this time :D

Bob - I'm looking forward to our rematch, we usually have a close, fun battle and I hope this time is no different - but let's not forget Scott George - when he's on - he always crushes me. And I don't think he has wrecked anything lately so he might be healthy this time :D

Hum?

I will stay quite as to not anger the injury gods this week. Its been 2 years since I have competed completely healthy. Also I have encircled myself in a 3" foam force field. :blush

So far the back is the only weak/ tender spot so dead lifts might be soft.

I might be the only guy in history to sport a DL suit and belt for a 300+/- lb lift. W-U-S-S

I project Chris will beat me how's that :D

I project Chris will beat me how's that :D

I thought Nick had lost a few Lbs. :blush

Hum?

I will stay quite as to not anger the injury gods this week. Its been 2 years since I have competed completely healthy. Also I have encircled myself in a 3" foam force field. :blush

So far the back is the only weak/ tender spot so dead lifts might be soft.

I might be the only guy in history to sport a DL suit and belt for a 300+/- lb lift. W-U-S-S

But Scott - it's a one hand DL - 300# will be a tremendous lift! - and you won't be the only one held together with wraps and straps etc.

How many guys are in the open class anyway? In any case, I would like to place in the top 7 this time around(open class). We'll see what happens.......are you all ready for a Foxin'?? :rock:D JK!!

How many guys are in the open class anyway? In any case, I would like to place in the top 7 this time around(open class). We'll see what happens.......are you all ready for a Foxin'?? :rock:D JK!!

Brent Barbe

Jesse Reimann

Nick Rosendaul

Jedd Johnson

Jeremiah Fox

Dave Thornton

John Eaton

Clayton Gellatly

Joe Hashey

Joey Carr

That's the Open Class - looks like ten of you big guys!

Gripmas 2008 Predictions

*appologize ahead of time if anyone feels offended or slighted

Open Class

Grippers

Eaton

Jedd and Dave tying for 2nd

Pinch

Jedd

Eaton

Dave

1HDL

Jedd

Dave

Eaton

*based off MGC performance but Eaton's back was hurt for that and if he can duplicate his casual garage pulls that will change the order

Weaver stick

Dave

Eaton

Jedd

- Eaton was my initial pick but he claims he can't get a certain weight but I think he's bs-ing me

Medley

Jedd

Dave and Eaton tying

LW

Grippers

Scott

Bob

Odin

Pinch

Climber by a mile

Scott

Bob

OHDL

Scott

Stew

Bob and Climber tying

Weaver

Bob

Climber

Scott

Medley

Climber

Scott

Odin

you misspelled my name Josh, it's not "John Eaton", It's, "Brent Barbe".

I plan to beat Eaton at more than just the medley this time.

\

Gripmas 2008 Predictions

*appologize ahead of time if anyone feels offended or slighted

Open Class

Grippers

Eaton

Jedd and Dave tying for 2nd

Pinch

Jedd

Eaton

Dave

1HDL

Jedd

Dave

Eaton

*based off MGC performance but Eaton's back was hurt for that and if he can duplicate his casual garage pulls that will change the order

Weaver stick

Dave

Eaton

Jedd

- Eaton was my initial pick but he claims he can't get a certain weight but I think he's bs-ing me

Medley

Jedd

Dave and Eaton tying

LW

Grippers

Scott

Bob

Odin

Pinch

Climber by a mile

Scott

Bob

OHDL

Scott

Stew

Bob and Climber tying

Weaver

Bob

Climber

Scott

Medley

Climber

Scott

Odin

you misspelled my name Josh, it's not "John Eaton", It's, "Brent Barbe".

I plan to beat Eaton at more than just the medley this time.

I thought it was Barbie?