Gripmas Carol 2008

climber511

Last night I packed the car up.

Zach, I have the dumbell heads for you. They're perfect for the most resent Jedd Johnson article on Straight to the Bar.

I look forward to seeing everyone and setting some PR's.

Brent

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

Last night I packed the car up.

Zach, I have the dumbell heads for you. They're perfect for the most resent Jedd Johnson article on Straight to the Bar.

I look forward to seeing everyone and setting some PR's.

Brent

Yay! And I read that one!

Zach
dumbbell

Are the two not synonymous? :whistel

Good Luck Everyone :D

Open Class

Jedd

Dave T

John Eaton

Lt Wt

Geezer

Bob Lipinski

Scott George

Geezer Award

Bob Sundin

We'll have full results plus some playtime feats later on

driving home as we speak, or rather wife is, ...

great time...man, Climber's place makes my mouth water, it's a lifters paradise.

great time meeting all the guys, watching some crazy feets of strength. Crazy strong medley by some guys, great efforts by all.

i took a ton of pictues, and will share them later.

Chris is a great guy and promoter, very gracious.

looking forward to some of the recaps as i got there about 3 hours late.

w

Congrats to everyone!! And an especially big congrats to the Geezer for his first comp win (right?) and to Bob Sundin for winning the geezer award!! :rock :rock

Congrats to everyone that competed! :rock Can't wait for the detailed results and write-ups.

Awesome time guys!!! Chris put on a first rate comp as always. He also set a master's WR in the weaver stick!! :cool Congrats Chris!! I would write more, but my hands and forearms are trashed, so I'll do a more intensive write up later. 'Night guys! :rock :rock

Jedd broke set a new american record by 1 pound. he was very close at the new worlds but, it wasn't in the cards.

the medley was heavy and fun, as always.

we had a lot fewer grippers than last year since Josh Dale wasn't there being all super human.

I still don't like the weaver stick or one hand deadlift.

and chris rice had a huge night. I don't know what he's been doing but, he was unstoppable.

thanks to chris for an amazing comp. and thansk to everyone else for making it such a fun day.

Brent

214# today, only a one pound gain over Turkey day; could be worse. I'll be a cardio machine for the next two weeks.

Ah, I see you got the Richard Simmons DVD's I sent ya!

Yup, I was surprised when I got that; I had you pegged as a Tai-Bo guy. 211.5 today.

I am now that's why I sent you my Richard collection. Baby steps into the world of Cardio for ya big fella! :tongue

You should wear your screamin yellow Tai-Bo hand wraps to Gripmas :D

We shall see :D

Chris I got the fancy new Ironmind RT in today, do ya have any use for it in the contest? :) It is a much nicer piece of equipment the the old version.

Any reviews on the new Rolling Thunder?

It's exactly like the old one, just shinier. Shinier=AWESOMER

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

it did feel different to me. I didn't play around with it too much though. it seemed that the sleeve was a little snugger. I think the sleeve might be made of teflon now.

brent

It's exactly like the old one, just shinier. Shinier=AWESOMER

Gripmas was amazing as usual. The crowd was, once again, amazing and the atmosphere unbeatable. I sucked in the comp, but I was up against a brick wall with a cliff behind me. I had to either scale the wall(impossible) or not try and lose completely. I couldn't beat anyone who placed higher than me on any of the events and Tim K has some serious choked gripper power shutting a 175!!! I couldn't have been more than a hair from Eaton's pathetic 3.5. Yes Eaton, "pathetic" is the correct term. My #3 has a tougher sweep than that 3.5. I had some spasms after a failed weaver stick attempt, I apologize to the women and children in the room :blush

Chris's medley was absolutely brutal. Chris, I think you tried a bit hard to get Dave and Jedder this time... and I'm weak. HOWEVER, I wasn't the only one who found more than 50% of those lifts impossible. Scores prove that. Never the less, I need to get stronger.

I shined in the after contest feats. I bent some shoes, attempted some big steel DO, gave some shoe tips, tried some gymnastic stuff, snatched the beast lefty and righty, did a front split(stupid jeans stopped me from sitting flat :dry ), did a 7'8" long jump beating the high school long jumper in the crowd that Chris trained... and Chris(oh, and I took my shoes off and instantly went from 7'5" to 7'8" proving that shoes are Coulter-Kryptonite as Fox proclaimed), did some standing high jumps up to 40" with no step up and then the Dinnie Stone mock up was whipped out. Pay attention and you'll notice I haven't been able to claim one grip thing yet, I'll claim this. I'm not sure about the others, but myself and Stew lifted the full Dinnie Stone weight off the ground, Nick hovered it everytime, Lipinski fell backwards, Chris had several strong attempts and a few guys jumped in when the weight didn't have such a high back-ruining potential. Stew lifted it higher than me, but I was wearing neither shoes nor a belt and made more attempts. So there. That was my little victory for the day :)

It was fun getting thoroughly whomped by all the new guys and getting so much stuff from Doug Sides that I almost shat myself. The guy is absolutely awesome. Nuff said.

Last thing, Gazza's bends were absolutely astounding. However, now that I've seen those pieces hurt, I have confidence that I will get them with time :devil

Zach: So you fully lifted the Dinnie stone set up?

I don't know if I fully lifted the setup or not, but they did more than hover and I don't think I locked my legs. Stew did the "full" lift where you lift them and hold at the top. I think Stew got my best attempt on vid along with his own(Nick or Chris was holding the camera, not Stew, that would've been amazing).

After watching the videos Zach had them starting up a little, I was the same but I was pulling all wrong. I was moving them sidways instead of up. Chris got the back one up and moved the front one a little. Bob got them up but fell a little to fast to tell. Stew did the full lift!!! Since he beat me I will need to try them again soon. :laugh