• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

I posted my write-up and a few clips on the Diesel site. Please check them out. (includes Bob's two 45's Pinch)

http://www.dieselcrew.com/gripmas-carol-gr...ntest-write-up/

-Jedd-

Jedd, thanks for uploading my 2x45 lift to the Diesel site! :rock This a feat I've wanted to complete and have been close to getting for the last few months.

I know how to download it so I can add it to my GB gallery and/or youtube if it is too much of a hassle to email; the AOL video hung up 4x before I could show the wife. I've gotten a PM or two asking why I can't do 2x45 yet and want to make sure it is known that I have done it, hope you understand. :dry

You said something about me knocking off some other feats after the comp. I remember you taping me lifting the 146 lb. Gracie Bell, what else were you referring to? Last Gripmas I also got into a zone and lifted stuff after the comp and didn't remember exactly what I did, Dave said I did 3x25 and the only attempts I remember doing were misses with two fingers.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=pUx...E5new&hl=en

Let's see if this works - my computer skills are kind of limited - like REAL limited. I want to check all the numbers again but I think everything is right except the 2 HP may need revised - somewhere in my garage (which is now quite clean) is a sheet of paper with my notes on the pinch - as soon as I find it - I'll check my memory.

If you click the tab at the bottom - you can see how the results would have come out if we did not use the open and light weight classes but just had one class.

I already did Ben but you must have missed it - here it is again.

I totally missed it Chris. Thanks man! :rock

Jedd, did anyone get one of Climber's 2x45 pulls on video? I was standing right next to him and witnessed him pull it for the first time, which is something I'll surely never forget.

Chris, if it's not on video yet, I hope you can dig deep and do it again with the camera rolling while your pinch is on fire so everyone else can see it, now and for generations to come.

Bob, go ahead and download the video.

Like I said in the post on the diesel site, I have more videos. I'll get them uploaded as soon as I can, but I haven't had time yet.

I am not sure if you got 3-25's while I had a camera in my hand, but I know you got it.

Bob, go ahead and download the video.

Like I said in the post on the diesel site, I have more videos. I'll get them uploaded as soon as I can, but I haven't had time yet.

I am not sure if you got 3-25's while I had a camera in my hand, but I know you got it.

Thanks Jedd, I know this is a busy time of year for everyone and I appreciate your efforts, :rock

I've gotten a PM or two asking why I can't do 2x45 yet and want to make sure it is known that I have done it, hope you understand. :dry

I'm about to PM you asking why haven't you done 6-10's if it's gonna make you stronger!!! :D:rock

I've gotten a PM or two asking why I can't do 2x45 yet and want to make sure it is known that I have done it, hope you understand. :dry

I'm about to PM you asking why haven't you done 6-10's if it's gonna make you stronger!!! :D:rock

haha good one Arturo. Not sure if I should interpret such PMs as "tough love" or "do as I say, not as I do". ;)

http://farmstrength.wordpress.com/ Stew Dinnie Stone replica lift after the gripmas comp. The full 734 lbs. At a body weight of 185 lbs. Nice big bro!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bro but you know next time we're both going to do them and add some extra wieght just for fun! Oh and I wieghed in at 182 after the donuts that morning. :D

Hey, you guys put up some great #s! Really impressed with Chris, the old man has been doing something right. I am sorry I couldn't make it up this year, I had lots of fun last time. Hope to see all you guys in Crooksville next Winter.

I'm late on my post too but......

Like Chris said, this was my first grip contest. I had a blast! My intent was to meet some strong people and try to learn something and I certainly did both. Everyone was very helpful and great to talk to for questions and general BS'ing. John, Bob L. and Scott provided much input on grippers, pinch and fat bar work. By the way, Scott, thanks again for the cool 2HP setup. Looking forward to training with it soon.

Ole Zach led me along the whole contest by letting me think I was close to him in points then handily put me away in the medley.. :D Very nice showing in the post-contest athleticism by the way.

I guess I had a PR along the way. Prior to the contest I'd never lifted a 45 lb. Blob but I almost loaded it in the medley. At least I got some air under it. 'Bout a foot.

My hands were whipped after the contest and pretty sore the next few days.

I'd also thank Doc and Mary Ann for their assistance. Hard to find good help but we certainly had it that day.

My advice to anyone who has never been to a grip contest is...GO! You will have a great time and I guarantee you will learn something. Plus, the atmosphere of competition might push you to new heights.

Thanks to Chris and his family for a great contest and great hospitality!! I know it had to take alot of planning to go so smooth. I'm definitely looking forward to the next one and will be working to improve in all areas.

Tim

Congratulations Chris! I'm so happy for you that the 2x45 was captured on video. I witnessed a different pull that wasn't captured. Your 2HP #s are getting better every contest, amazing lifts!

Speaking of video, did anyone happen to get a picture of me lifting Mathison's DB?

Congrat's to Chris on the 225 or 226!!

Fox smoked that hammer Scott George brought! :rock Thanks for putting up that video Jedd.

Foxy is scary strong - I hope he doesn't decide to do event training for next year.

Ha, I didn't realize I was being videoed :blush I woulda put a bit more effort into strictness :laugh

I still have the Harbinger Velcro Black lifting belt and reddish hat. If it belongs to you let me know and I'll send it home.

is it a red knit hat with "ryan G" written on it?

I still have the Harbinger Velcro Black lifting belt and reddish hat. If it belongs to you let me know and I'll send it home.

Congrats to Jedd! Time to start racking up the 1st place finishes....

is it a red knit hat with "ryan G" written on it?

Brent - yes it is - I'll send it home to you !

Whose belt do I have ?

The Ryan G in question is Ryan Gellatly. Clayton stole his sons hat. I'll find his address tomorrow and pm it to you.

Brent