Gripmas Carol 2008

climber511

Ok Chris Bob and I are running through the events. First I going to say 300lbs is hummmm, doable by someone other then I :D

Second I think Bob wants to kick you in the pee-pee for the weaver stick event :blink I'll bring you a cup just in case. :D

Oh and while he at it I will get in on the kicking also, I hate the STICK.

Thanks for having me over Scott.

I did 5 lbs. on the Weaver Stick and missed 7.5-yikes. Feels weird. I know one area I'll be focusing on in training next year. Is it too late to switch the event to thumbless RT? :help

Bob, Thanks for coming over and running through things with me. It will be interesting this weekend. good luck to everyone. I hope we can get some pointers for the stick.

So someone can really do 15lbs on this thing??? thats pretty freakish!

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• climber511

• MalachiMcMullen

• jad

• Bob Lipinski

Ok Chris Bob and I are running through the events. First I going to say 300lbs is hummmm, doable by someone other then I :D

Second I think Bob wants to kick you in the pee-pee for the weaver stick event :blink I'll bring you a cup just in case. :D

I did 5 lbs. on the Weaver Stick and missed 7.5-yikes. Feels weird. I know one area I'll be focusing on in training next year. Is it too late to switch the event to thumbless RT? :help

Bob, Thanks for coming over and running through things with me. It will be interesting this weekend. good luck to everyone. I hope we can get some pointers for the stick.

I know what you mean about the stick; this is the first time I have ever trained with it, and boy is it weird! My form has to be terrible, but maybe with some tips, that 12# (hopefully more on contest day)will come up a little easier. I'm definitely open to pointers also!

Joe Hashey is not going to be able to make it due to his commitments to his training business. Sorry guys.

Joe Hashey is not going to be able to make it due to his commitments to his training business. Sorry guys.

Man, that's a bummer. I was looking forward to meeting him.

I think Bob L. will hit 15. Steve's record is in the 17's I think?

Chris,

I have 5 folding chairs I can bring. should I throw them in the trunk?

Brent

I have a couple benches we can use except during the medley - I think we'll be all right but if you have the room - it can't hurt. I never see any competitors sit down but maybe that's because there are never any chairs ????????

Does the Texas Power Bar for the 1HDL have a middle marking or stripe or will we have to guess?

Edited by odin

Hah Josh, I'm not so sure about 15. We'll see. My numbers went down the last few weeks, but then again I practiced from an akward platform (on purpose). A short platform would be nice for us short/short armed guys. I think it does make a big difference.

I weighed 208 on my scale this morning. I've as good as made weight already.

Texas power bars have middle knurling.

Bob - The Texas Power Bar is Nicks - it spins like most nice bars with bushings instead of bearings. Bob if you take a few pulls with lighter weights - I think you'll be all right on the balance. We'll be using my Competition Werksan Olympic plates so each end of the bar will be balanced nicely.

Other Bob - I have boxes we will use on the Weaver Stick - so we can adjust the height for shorter - taller people.

Some things to shoot for

British Records

ONE HAND DEADLIFT - using an Olympic Bar (with no hook grip)

All-round contest – Right - 150k (330#) Steve Gardener - 24 Feb 2007 Gloucester, England

All-round contest – Left - 115k Steve Gardener - 16 Aug 2008 Haltern am See, Germany

Weaver Stick

All-round contest – Right - 8.1k (17.86#) Steve Gardener - 2 Aug 2003 Stafford, England (WR)

All-round contest – Left - 8.05k David Horne - 2 Aug 2003 Stafford, England (WR)

Masters - ONE HAND WEAVER STICK LIFT TO REAR

All-round contest – Right - 5.25k (11.57#) Peter Horne - 3 Feb 1996 Stafford, England (age 59) (WR)

They don't list a left hand record.

Does the Texas Power Bar for the 1HDL have a middle marking or stripe or will we have to guess?

Bob, the bar has middle knurling and I maked center of that with a marker to help out.

Bob, the bar has middle knurling and I maked center of that with a marker to help out.

Thanks Nick, Chris and Bob L!

I know what you mean about the stick; this is the first time I have ever trained with it, and boy is it weird! My form has to be terrible, but maybe with some tips, that 12# (hopefully more on contest day)will come up a little easier. I'm definitely open to pointers also!

I've got a secret strategy but being it's to late for anyone to benefit now I'll share it. I' waiting to get all my weaver stick training Sat. about noonish that way it will be fresh in my memory :D .

Only 2 days to go! :rock I can't wait to meet and compete with everyone.

I hope there's a pair of nice-hubbed 45s to play with after the comp. I did a double hub lift at SOHGC this year, but not on camera. I wanna get that, and try 5 dimes, 3 quarters, and give a baby (130-140ish#) inch a shot if there's one there. Man, I love this stuff! :rock:D :D See you all Sat, and drive safe!!

i'm sure there will be plenty to play with.

who's the first to do a gracie bell farmers walk

can anyone clean and press the big bell that Mathison hasn't named?

lol, i'm sure that's a yes.

looking forward to it guys.

Gripmas and British Records to beat – British Records from David Horne’s site

These are Records from recognized Grip Contests - USAWA etc may have other results that I didn't look for.

Gripmas Record - Grippers in Chokers – Josh Dale – 202.34

David Horne’s Euro 2 HP –

WR is 115K or 253.53# David Horne

Gripmas Record is 230.0# - Jedd Johnson

We have 7 guys at Gripmas that are on the Top 50 list

One Hand DL Right Hand is 150K or 330#

Left Hand is 115K or 253#

American Record is Ryan Klein at 320# as far as I can find - thanks Josh

Masters WR is - None listed

Weaver Stick

Right Hand is 8.1K or 17.86# - Steve Gardener

Left Hand is 8.05K or 17.64 – Steve Gardener

Masters is

RH 5.25K or 11.57# - Peter Horne Age 59

I think this is the first time Weaver Stick has been contested in a grip contest so this may be a record by default. Steve’s 17+ # is crazy strong. I am hopeful of breaking Peter Horne’s Masters Record – it should be close.

Edited by climber511

Everyone please drive carefully tomorrow!

how much snow and ice do you guys have up there, we've been rained on for 29 hours straight about 8 hours south east of you, that storm was massive, you're covered in blue on the map right now.

how much snow and ice do you guys have up there, we've been rained on for 29 hours straight about 8 hours south east of you, that storm was massive, you're covered in blue on the map right now.

We had snow a few days ago - it's all melted off now - all we have now is some flurries that are supposed to be here for tomorrow. No problems here at all right now. I just looked at the map and you might have something as you come over the mountains on Interstate 77 but I don't think it looks bad (well at least from here :D ) Drive safe and take your time - see ya soon. I know Andrew drove down from Ohio to Sorinex today with no problems.

Chris, do you need my Inch for the medley?

No Bob - John is bringing his - I suppose if you bring yours - we;d just have to watch Jedd do a Farmers walk with them :D