Brent's Log

barbe705

When are you going to do the mash monster grippers?

When are you going to do the mash monster grippers?

I will try to start them this summer. right now the biggest issue I have with my right hand is grippers. so, I'll have the next 2 weeks or so off for GGC. then probably a week or so after that to relax. if I don't re-damage the hand and grippers seem okay I'll start up the ladder after that.

based on your past, I'll get the MM3 long before you do. Or mm4. whichever one it is that you've biffed on 5 times.

7/8/11

doing so pull ups on 2" pipe in the gym today. my right hand really felt it. afterwards it seemed fine. I think it might just have been some scare tissue breaking up.

worst pain i ever got when my fingers were bad was doing towel pull-ups and rolling thunde rpull-ups.

the week i put up the towel pull-up challenge, it felt like stuff was being burned with a white hot poker during the lift.

i wanted to cry while I was taping it hurt so bad

worst pain i ever got when my fingers were bad was doing towel pull-ups and rolling thunde rpull-ups.

the week i put up the towel pull-up challenge, it felt like stuff was being burned with a white hot poker during the lift.

i wanted to cry while I was taping it hurt so bad

I wouldn't say it was that bad. I will say this, I was using 1.5" ID pipe over parallel pull up bars. so much harder than RT pull ups. it seemed a lot faster spin. I had tried to use2" ID the week before and could not even hang from them.

Sounds pretty bad-ass!

• 3 weeks later...

7/24/11

first session back after ggc. hands are still sore and stiff and not 100% healed up.

I'm going to start doing more of a rehab/warm up before each session to hopefully injury-proof myself over time.

finger walk ax handle 2x

mms grippes up to RB210 3x1

2hp thick(70mm)

50 5x1

100 2x3

120 1x3

140 1

150 1

170 1

190 1

200 3x1

block cleans 45# 5x1

1hp at normal 2hp width 62# 5x1

ttk 2x20 5#

expando bands lots of sets.

Nice write-up Brent...mentioned that on the other thread though. You are stronger injured on many grip things than I am when at 100%. Very impressive man.

7/27/11

sumo speed pulls with new silverback axle. 10x1 220#+monster minis. first time using the axle at the gym. I have a feeling it's going to see a lot of action on my accessory work.

7/31/2011

20mm block set grippers

left rb 210 3x1

right coc#3(n) 3x1

face levers 5x1 12#. these were rough have not done hammers with a lot of effort in a long time. hopefully they'll come back quickly.

front lifts 2x1 6#, 3x1 8#. these are still okay. but, the 8# handle is a bit short. need to start choking up on the 10#.

wrist rotations 3x5 60#

wrist roller 2 minutes 25#

some bends:

worked on a dc1 at about 45 degrees.

DO galv. 60d nail

DU 7"x1/4" cr round.

the bending is something I've never spent a lot of time with. I can tell that my wrists aren't where they were. I can alos tell that my hands are in no way up for this right now. I switched to tandy wraps only and I wasn't really able to unload onto things like I used to. so, I plan to hit some easier bends 2x a week and get my hands comditioned back up before I start working harder stock.

7/27/11

sumo speed pulls with new silverback axle. 10x1 220#+monster minis. first time using the axle at the gym. I have a feeling it's going to see a lot of action on my accessory work.

Did you win that axle at Nats?

7/27/11

Did you win that axle at Nats?

yes, I did. It's nice to have an axle at the gym again. I put a paint marker in my bag to mark the center tuesday night.

Nice job on the bending brother. You'll get it back in no time.

8/1/11

coc#1.5 3x5 w/blockset. skin was still very raw from sunday. this was all the gripper I could get myself to handle. at least the next training pr will be easy.

2hp 44mm 8x3 130#

2/3 meldey 2x each hand(again, left some items out since the hands were ebat from sunday)

ttk 3x25 5# slow tempo. next time I'll increase reps.

extensor bands, huge amount watching tv.

Brent - race you to 7 X 5/16's CRS Reverse...

Um... Can't you do that already?

Um... Can't you do that already?

yeah jedd, what's up? I seem to recall that you can reverse a red nail already?

but, yeah, I'm up for that. oddly enough, what were my weaker styles seem to have lost less strength. maybe they're just better suited to the new lesser wraps I'm using.

we have to establish rules though. time limit, wraps, etc.

Yeah but I haven't done it in years. "Did it" and "Doing it" are two different things.

Yeah but I haven't done it in years. "Did it" and "Doing it" are two different things.

tandy suede wraps and whatever the accepted time limit is. it's to 40 degrees, right?

Tandy suede wraps 1.5" or less (double tandy's are about 1.45")

30 seconds to 40°

Can't start the bend above the head

Can't go below the waist

Can't touch body with anything below the elbows

Nothing on hands or wrists but chalk

GO!

Tandy suede wraps 1.5" or less (double tandy's are about 1.45")

30 seconds to 40°

Can't start the bend above the head

Can't go below the waist

Can't touch body with anything below the elbows

Nothing on hands or wrists but chalk

GO!

the 1.5 is with no metal in them and passed through a hole, correct?

why would you start over your head?

Yes on the wraps. But if you use double Tandy's they will fit through the hole with 5/16" steel in them.

You can start way up high and get a ton of momentum as you drive downward, which turns it into a back movement more than a wrist movement. You can really crank a piece of steel if you start super high, drive downward, and post the upper part of your back arm against the torso at the bottom.

Yes on the wraps. But if you use double Tandy's they will fit through the hole with 5/16" steel in them.

You can start way up high and get a ton of momentum as you drive downward, which turns it into a back movement more than a wrist movement. You can really crank a piece of steel if you start super high, drive downward, and post the upper part of your back arm against the torso at the bottom.

I see. wed night is my next grip session. I'll see where I'm at reverse-wise then.

Aah, that's bullshit.

We're using chalk and the oldtime strongmen didn't have that so we might as well go with vaseline on our hands.

Jedd

P.S. Just kidding, although I do like to engage my traps, and I know other ways to do it besides going overhead. Thank you NSCA Membership!

8/3/11

finger walk 6# sledge thumb down 2x

face levers

1x5 6#

1x5 8#

2x10 8#

front lifts alt hands until fail 6# 2 sets.

wrist roller 50# to fail

reverse 60d galv

7"1/4" round Cr

6.5" hex 1/4"

6" 1/4" JH grade 5

Edited by barbe705