Brent's Log

barbe705

I'm using the tim struse style gripper. the issue I'm having is that I think that the levels/rgc#'s/pr's I'm basing my work on are wrong. I have myself as closing a level 12 on the new crom spring as my 100%. so, based on that I get all the numbers for my work sets. so, the plan is to bump all sets up by a level and see how that feels, see if it still feels fast when it should be fast, etc. I also might drag my vulcan into the gym tomorrow and see what the highest level I can close is. I also think that part of the issue is that my hand still aches when I do heavy grippers(from my injury over the summer) where as the lighter stuff doesn't hurt. so, as a result it doesn't feel like gripper work has come to feel like for me. I think that the bumping all sets up a level might be enough to get things moving. I guess we'll see at andrews comp in 3 weeks.

1/16/12

warm up

vulcan level 10 5x3

rt 5x12 90# last 2 sets were 12 reps

axle rev wrist curls 3x25

wrist roller 2"ID 45# 4x60 sec

forgot to note. I was using level 12 as my max on the vulcan since that's what I hit at the WSH. at the gym sunday I got level 14 both hands and level 15 was close right. so, I'll be using that for my number for a while.

I missed the part about you needing some easy bending stock. I just PMd you. I have a ton of stuff between 3/16 and 1/4" in 6" and 7" lengths that should be perfect for MA.

Oh, you should also lift with Donati and I in that meet near your home Feb. 11. Rick Walker is coming down too. Carl is benching and I'm pulling.

I'm going to Andrew's comp as well. I look forward to meeting you.

1/17/12

warm up

2hp 140# 4x3 40# backloaded

hub55# 5x1

skipped blocks. my thumb joint on left hand was bothering me. right hand had been earlier in the week so i decided to skip the blocks all together.

paris dynamic board pinch 20# 3x25

Brent,

What's your opinion of the dynamic board pinch? It wasent that hard to make once you get everything together huh? If its tight take off the hinge and notch out board under the moving part of the hinge, that's what I had to do.

Parris

I love the board pinch. I really felt it in my whole hand. no joint stress at all. and it was super easy to put together. I think it would be good for more of a max effort type of exercise as well. I've never liked the ttk for that. I'll be using it quite a bit.

I love the board pinch. I really felt it in my whole hand. no joint stress at all. and it was super easy to put together. I think it would be good for more of a max effort type of exercise as well. I've never liked the ttk for that. I'll be using it quite a bit.

thanks Brent, same here, no pain. I like to keep it balanced so both boards move up equally that way I think your getting the most out of the added weight....however I haven't experimented with backloading. I know you mess around with that so if you try it let us know. Working off your bench wasent bad either. But I liked free holding it the best I think.

Parris

1/18/12

warm up

vulcan level 7 5x3

climber curl 3x10 75#. need to do a couple more sets of these.

rev climber curl 12.5# 3x10

45 degree front lifts 4x6 6#

1.5" ID roller 45# 60sec 2x2

1/19/12

warm up

RT 5x3 130#

tip tester 3 sets to fail 235#

wrist roller 2" ID 45# 60 sec, one each way.

1/20/11

warm up

vulcan 3x1+3sec overcrush level 12

3x3 level 10

2hp with mini bands 10x3 135#

block 5x5 37.5/40/40/40/37.5

paris board pinch 2x25 10#/side.

ext lift holds supersetted with both blocks and board pinch.

1/23/12

warm up

vulcan level 7 5x3

45 degree front lifts 2.5# 4x16

wrist thingy 35# 4x15

climber curl 3x25 20#.

1/24/12

90# RT 9/14/15/15/15

rev axle wrist curls 3x25

1.5"ID 45# 60sec wrist roller 3/3

1/25/12

warm up

2hp 125## 4x5 25# backloaded

hub45# 5x1

blocks 5x1 45/50/55/55/50. last time I did these I only got the 55 1/2 way up. this was a PR after a fashion. pinch is coming along. next week or so I have a test day to see what I can hit with my comp width for a single. need to know where to come in at for andrew's comp.

ext lifts supersetted with blcoks. holds to fail.

paris dynamic board pinch 2x25 10#/10#. I'm going to start using a heavier weight with this on my max day and a lighter weight on my volume day.

1/26/12

warm up

climber curl eaton style 3x10 75#

rev climber curl 12.5# 3x10

45 degree front levers 4x6 6#

1.5" roller 50# 60sec 2/2

1/25/12 warm up 2hp 125## 4x5 25# backloaded hub45# 5x1 blocks 5x1 45/50/55/55/50. last time I did these I only got the 55 1/2 way up. this was a PR after a fashion. pinch is coming along. next week or so I have a test day to see what I can hit with my comp width for a single. need to know where to come in at for andrew's comp. ext lifts supersetted with blcoks. holds to fail. paris dynamic board pinch 2x25 10#/10#. I'm going to start using a heavier weight with this on my max day and a lighter weight on my volume day.

Well done on the block PR. Perfect timing if you're at a peak for the comp.

the nice thing is that block weights haven't been a priority at all. they've been the second or third exercise every time. it leads me to believe that I am making progress(hard to tell when you do all reps and wave it all the time)and, that if I moved blocks to the front they would get even stronger.

Well done on the block PR. Perfect timing if you're at a peak for the comp.

1/27/2012

warm up

vulcan 6x4 level 10

RT 5x5 125#

tip tester 3 to fail 235#

1/30/2012

vulcan level 7 5x3

2hp 71mm 10x3 120#+mini bands. 60 sec between sets

block 5x5 37.5/40/45/40/40

ext lifts to fail after each block set

2hp may have been a bit light. first time using bands on this? also, I keep calling the base weight of my device different things. first because I got new collars then because I keep switching spacers. from now on I call it 50# and just work with that. it will make book keeping a lot easier.

1/31/12

45degree front lift 2.5# 17/17/17/15

wrist thingy 35# 15/15/20/20

climber curl 25# 15/15/20/20

1.5" ID roller 60sec 50# 2/2

1/31/12 45degree front lift 2.5# 17/17/17/15 wrist thingy 35# 15/15/20/20 climber curl 25# 15/15/20/20 1.5" ID roller 60sec 50# 2/2

What's the "wrist thingy"?

the wrist thingy is a wrist trainer I got from chris rice. it allows you to train external and internal rotation, flexion?, and extension? i forget the motions. both rotations and the face lever movement and the rear weaver movement. it's nice because it's plate loadable so it's a lot easier to use that hammers are for the little exercises.