Brent's Log

barbe705

11/4/11

warm up

rb 210 tns 3x1. hit/miss/miss. left hand is terrible at tns work.

face levers 10# 4x 9/9/9/9

wd 14/12 8/6

reversed a 1/4x7 ss round. loosest wraps ever. just stuffed it in the ends and went.

thingy rotations 3x15 35#

2.5" roller 4x60 sec 35#

11/7/11

took monday off since I had to be at work so early.

11/8/11

warm up

mms click reps

rb180 l/r

rb 210 l/r

2.5 l/r

2.5 l/rb 260 right

2hp 4x5 160# at 62mm. felt good. next jump will be only 5# rather than 10. should be doing 180 for sets of 5 last hard week before gripmas. my rep work as a percent of my 1rm is pretty low. hopefully it will translate into a bigger single rather than just getting good at rep work.

55# loose block 5 7/8" wide. 5x10# standard plates with a 5# in the middle. didn't fit the pipe too well so the flaired some.

75# around the worlds 3 sets.

ext lifts with holds during block and around worlds.

11/10/11

warm up

RT 4x3 145#

2" crusher 145# 4/5/3

DU 1/4x7 round

rev 1/4x7 round

1/4x6.5 ss round

1/4squarex7cr kinked

DU 1/4x6.5ss round

11/7/11

took monday off since I had to be at work so early.

11/8/11

warm up

mms click reps

rb180 l/r

rb 210 l/r

2.5 l/r

2.5 l/rb 260 right

2hp 4x5 160# at 62mm. felt good. next jump will be only 5# rather than 10. should be doing 180 for sets of 5 last hard week before gripmas. my rep work as a percent of my 1rm is pretty low. hopefully it will translate into a bigger single rather than just getting good at rep work.

55# loose block 5 7/8" wide. 5x10# standard plates with a 5# in the middle. didn't fit the pipe too well so the flaired some.

75# around the worlds 3 sets.

ext lifts with holds during block and around worlds.

Nice all around workouts and great build up to gripmas for ya

11/11/11

MMS V2 @ 9?? with clicks. not sure about the levels on the new crom spring have to look into it. big thanks to jedd for making these more readily available in the US.

face levers 2x1 14#

3x2 13#

front holds 6# 5xfail

club rotations 5# 3x5

wrist roller 2" ID 4x30sec 60#

With the Crom spring, the levels start at 6 and then the loading scheme is the same from there. One up in the back is 7, one up in the front and back down in the back is 8, one up on the back and front is level 9, etc.

You're welcome. Glad to make them available for more people here.

Jedd

With the Crom spring, the levels start at 6 and then the loading scheme is the same from there. One up in the back is 7, one up in the front and back down in the back is 8, one up on the back and front is level 9, etc.

You're welcome. Glad to make them available for more people here.

Jedd

I wish I had written down what the heck I was set at now. I think I have notes.

for right now that thing is a special challenge. no knurling and so wide. when I was block set repping I let one get a little wide and it shot out of my hand. I haven't even heard of someone doing that before.

11/14/11

warm up

vulcan level 9 20mm block 3x3. click. had some more but, not too much.

2hp 62mm 8x3 155#

40# hex 5x5

gloved hula with 31# swagger disc 3xfail

ext lifts with 10 sec hold after all block sets and hula sets.

wish I had a 42.5# hex. the 45 is too mcuh but, I think I'm ready to move past the 40#. I think next time the first 2-3 sets will be the 45 then switch back down.

I do extensor lifts a couple of ways. I have an old coffee can full of nails and I put my hand in the mouth and lift and hold.

I have a narrower one that is more like a tube lift, same thing though. lift and hold.

I do bands as well. open for reps, max, open and hold. hold open and rotate wrists.

lately I've been doing the lift with hold and really feeling it.

I think it's important to try and use a couple of different cans since it affects how open the hand is and hits it from different angles.

OK. Similar to what i do.

I went after my extensor tub the other day after several months of consistent rubber band extensor work and it came up very easily. I was quite pleased.

I think the tub you use has a much wider opening. or the sides go straight out from the opening, whatever. I know that when I've tried at your place that I couldn't budge it.

It is very wide. Getting the right sized tub is important. i would imagine having a variety would be good. I have another one, but I don;t use it. most of my work is with rubber bands or the green thing I put up on The Grip Authority once.

11/15/11

warm

ccs vulcan #6 x3, #7x1, #8x1, #9 2x1

face levers 10# 5/10/9/8

wrist developer 12/6 felt like crap so switched to reverse bending

1/4x7 cr round suede

7x1/4 ss round normal wraps

6.5x1/4 ss round

thingy rotations 35# 3x15

wrist roller 2"ID 35#? maybne 45#. 2x60 sec. ran out of time.

have 3-4 more pieces of the 6.5" ss. plan to hit one every wrist day and then start working the 7" 1/4 square. the 6.5ss is super easy now.

11/16/11

woke up with what might be a cold.

warm up

2hp. was supposed to be 165# 4x5. on my last warm up I got 150 for 3 and it felt like crap. so I decided to hit another 150 for 5 and call taht my first set. only got 3. tried again, only got 3. called it and stood in the shower. feels like a sinus infection. will try to get antibiotics by the end of the day.

11/19/11

training with new guy.

worked up to hard singles in:

vulcan

2hp 44mm

tip tester

reverse bending

11/24/11

warm up

mms 3x1 v2 3/4. have to look and see what this is as afr as levels. also, I remember a couple of guys cal'd the new crom springs. to give me an idea where I'm at. this was either level 10 or 13.

2hp 4x5 165#. getting heavy on these days. plan to go up 5# again next time. but, maybe not. I want to get in a max single day before gripmas so I know where to come in at. not sure I'll have time for both.

5x1 55# standard plates "block". need to add more weight.

around the world 75# plate

lots of ext lifts during 2hp, block, around worlds. lot's of high volume band sets after. trying to get my hand to straighten out while at rest.

11/25/11

warm up

RT 3x3 150. very hard

crusher 2" 150# 5/3/2. very hard

rev some stuff.

super weak tonight. maybe from house work, maybe just off. the rev bending ended when I couldn't get a 6.5x1/4 ss round. after several minutes. so, had a crusher off with Mary Ann. whatever she pulled I pulled x10. i won but, I think if I had been pulling 12's it would have been a lot closer. so, next time.

11/29/11

sinus infection is still mucking up training.

2hp test day. 210# 3x 1/2 way up. the best I have ever puller on my setup is 200# back in august. this morning something was wrong in my right palm, I was sick, and it was so cold downstairs I couldn't keep my hands warm. so, I think I've stopped the backsliding on my pinch and expect to be back at 230# or maybe a PR for gripmas.

11/30/11

decided last night I would take it easy and stop training. I had planned to go this week and then only take a week off. last night it was colder in the basement and everything just felt like crap. I did some light wrist roller and some light vulcan. went through my warm up a second time in the middle and some easy block lifts. instead of my normal grip work I'll be doing soft tissue work, stretching, mobility, and some rehab work for the next week or so. get some blood flow and rest.

• 2 weeks later...

12/11/11

soft tissue work and some stretching to recover from gripmas. got the word taht the MM1 will be here shortly so, need to rest up for that. plan to skip grip the rest of the week as recovery from gripmas/prep for MM1. sending eric the money this am.

12/15/11

spent the night checking set up for MM1. light and camera seem good. feel rested and recovered from gripmas. also feel like I haven't trained in forever at this point.

12/16/11

missed on the MM1. first attempt I realized I wasn't warmed up at all. second attempt felt ok but, not sure it was a close. 3rd I screwed up the set and don't think I moved it. oh well, I deviated from my plan for the night and it showed. next time stick to the plan and no worries.

What the hec Brent why did u change up your plan? Did you feel rushed

What the hec Brent why did u change up your plan? Did you feel rushed

I felt like I was just standing around. I got impatient. it was stupid but, there you go.