Brent's Log

barbe705

9/14/11

warm up

mms coc #3(N) 3x1. grippers are way off.

2hp

50x5

100x3

150 3x1

210 miss. looks like I've joined the "jedd johnson can't pinch more than 70% in training club".

150 1x4

block cleans 5x1 45# these were weak, tried the 50 and it was a no go.

1hp 60# 2x1, 65# 3x1. @ 2hp width.

ext lift 5x1 10#

tip tester 5x1 190#

my right elbow was getting better and has flaired back up big time. will be adding in more soft tissue work and some rehab stuff. it seems to be affecting grippers more than anything. the injury in my right hand has mostly cleared up. except for the second knuckle of my right middle finger. that seems to be hurting my pinch and wide set grippers. in other words, setting a vulcan hurts.

Is the elbow affecting your grippers or the other way around? You've been saying for a while that grippers feel like death and these nagging things affect grippers mostly. You might want to set them aside for a while?

Is the elbow affecting your grippers or the other way around? You've been saying for a while that grippers feel like death and these nagging things affect grippers mostly. You might want to set them aside for a while?

tuesday at the gym when I tried to squeeze I really felt it in my right elbow. grippers seem to aggrivate that the most. I also have something in my right middle finger that's enflamed. planning to get my rehab in order and get these things fixed. they're nagging with flair ups from time to time.

I wish I could give up grippers but, I already lose enough points on then. also, the issue seems to come and go.

tuesday at the gym when I tried to squeeze I really felt it in my right elbow. grippers seem to aggrivate that the most. I also have something in my right middle finger that's enflamed. planning to get my rehab in order and get these things fixed. they're nagging with flair ups from time to time.

I wish I could give up grippers but, I already lose enough points on then. also, the issue seems to come and go.

I noticed if grippers bug my elbows much I can go to choker work for a while without issue. Then just do a couple of set practices at the end of the workout.

I noticed if grippers bug my elbows much I can go to choker work for a while without issue. Then just do a couple of set practices at the end of the workout.

oddly enough I was doing choked work when the elbow went crazy. it got better, I may just not have been warmed up enough.

when I was at andrews for WSH I snagged a power magazine. there's an article about elbow pain with a couple of exercises I've never tried. I'm going to give them a shot. I've also been wearing elbow sleeves for almost every thing and I warm up before any work at all.

9/14/11

warm up

mms coc #3(N) 3x1. grippers are way off.

2hp

50x5

100x3

150 3x1

210 miss. looks like I've joined the "jedd johnson can't pinch more than 70% in training club".

150 1x4

block cleans 5x1 45# these were weak, tried the 50 and it was a no go.

1hp 60# 2x1, 65# 3x1. @ 2hp width.

ext lift 5x1 10#

tip tester 5x1 190#

my right elbow was getting better and has flaired back up big time. will be adding in more soft tissue work and some rehab stuff. it seems to be affecting grippers more than anything. the injury in my right hand has mostly cleared up. except for the second knuckle of my right middle finger. that seems to be hurting my pinch and wide set grippers. in other words, setting a vulcan hurts.

Great all around workout, hope your elbow feels better

9/21/11

warm up

mms grippers coc #3 3x1. hit miss, hit. both hands. grippers seem to be coming back so slowly.

face levers 5x1 16#

front lifts to low table 5x1 8#

rotations 3x5 70# wrist thingy.

reverse attempt red.

reverse grade 5.

elbow rehab.

• 2 weeks later...

9/21/11

warm up

mms grippers coc #3 3x1. hit miss, hit. both hands. grippers seem to be coming back so slowly.

face levers 5x1 16#

front lifts to low table 5x1 8#

rotations 3x5 70# wrist thingy.

reverse attempt red.

reverse grade 5.

elbow rehab.

Seems like your getting things back :D

• 3 weeks later...

9/21/11

warm up

3x1 200m block

bbsm

coc3Nx2 got it second time through

face levers 5x1 12#

choked 16# 4x1

front lift 8# 5x1

rev red attempt

g5 reverse both ways

rotations 3x5 70# thingy

9/24/11

8x3 2hp no notes here. also grippers

9/31/11

TNS 3x5

RB 180

rb 210

rb 180

face levers 8# 12/12/12/

front lifts 8# 5x5, 3/3, 3/3

3" infinite wrist roller 4 sets, 2 each way 35#

10/2/11

mms 3x1

coc(n) y/y/n

2hp

50 5x1

100 3x1

210m(I think it was the thick bar and grippers at the gym in the morning.

150 1x4

block cleans 45 hex easy way 5x1

75# 1hp 5x1

ext lifts 7.5# 10x1 5 sec hold

tip test 205# 5x1 super setted w 1hp^

10/6/11

speed bench 8x3 165# +30# chain per side

3x12 cambered bar bench 155#

pushdowns 3x8 70#

3x10 bb press 95#

5x8 seated rows 160#

hammer twists 3x10 50#

10/13/11

choked RB 240 6/7, 8/10, 7/9, 8/9

10/15/11

RB 240 choked 7/7, 10/11, 9/11, 7/9

been hitting the same choked gripper at the gym for a week or so. trying reps. this way I don't have so many grippers in my bag at a time. also adding in more axle work which I don't record here.

the MMs close of the coc #3 was the first time I've felt that strong on grippers in a while. at WSH 3 my hand did not bother me. I got level 13. I think I could have gone higher but, I am out of practice for bigger grippers since I've been fighting this damn tendon thing for so long.

10/17/11

warm up

mms 3x1

coc3(N) good both\

filed BBGM 2x1 missed all but, close.

2hp(tried a wider space between hands. about 2".

50 1x5

100 1x5

block weight

50 hex 3x1

55 hex 2x1

1hp(2x35)

x1

80# x1

75#(extra on thumb side) 2x1

ext lifts 7.5# 5 sec holds during blocks and 1hp. 10x1

all lifts done rindo style. work has been hectic so, I'm going to be gripping in the AM before I leave. as a result I shouldn't be missing any more workouts.

all lifts done rindo style.

What is that? You make a real ugly face while lifting?

:D

(seriously, though, I'm not familiar.)

all lifts done rindo style.

What is that? You make a real ugly face while lifting?

:D

(seriously, though, I'm not familiar.)

If you ever watch mike's videos he has to set ever thing down very carfully since he lives in a townhouse/condo. since I'm lifting at 4:30 AM I wasn't following the device down hard like I would in a comp. same with block weights. they were lifted and set down very carefully. I suspect it knocked some off my numbers. in the long run I think it will make me a lot stronger when I can start moving quickly and loudly.

10/18/11

choked RB240 at gym

8/8

7/8

6/6

5/5

10/19/11 am

warm up

20mm block fbbc #3 3x1. was a bit easy but skin was hot at start.

face levers 12# 5x2 w/ pause. more on this below.

front lifts to low table 8# 5x1

rotations w club 3x10 5#

wrist roller 30sec 2x2 both ways.

the face levers took me a long time to get through so I didn't get to bend. for the face levers I wore a helmet. I was able to rest the hammer on the helmet for the paused start like is coming up at gripmas. I think it's the easiest option I have since I won't be building a frame or anything. training grippers everyday at the gym and at home is starting to drive my numbers down. I think it'll make me stronger in the long run but, it's mentally discouraging and harder to know what to do in a comp.

10/18/11

choked RB240 at gym

8/8

7/8

6/6

5/5

10/19/11 am

warm up

20mm block fbbc #3 3x1. was a bit easy but skin was hot at start.

face levers 12# 5x2 w/ pause. more on this below.

front lifts to low table 8# 5x1

rotations w club 3x10 5#

wrist roller 30sec 2x2 both ways.

the face levers took me a long time to get through so I didn't get to bend. for the face levers I wore a helmet. I was able to rest the hammer on the helmet for the paused start like is coming up at gripmas. I think it's the easiest option I have since I won't be building a frame or anything. training grippers everyday at the gym and at home is starting to drive my numbers down. I think it'll make me stronger in the long run but, it's mentally discouraging and harder to know what to do in a comp.

Hope your gripper numbers go up and nice on the levers with the helmet...

10/21/11

warm up

20mm 3x3

rb 180

rb 210

rb 210

need to do a set with the rb 210 and then move up next time

2hp 8x3 150#. was supposed to use bands but, forgot. need to drag platform out so i can't miss it.

45# hex for 60sec. start left and alt hands. 11/14/14

10/25/11

warm up

rb 180 tns 3x5

face levers 10#. 3x10/8/8

wrist develpoper 12/10, 12/10, 12/10

wrist thingy 3x20 35#

2.5" wrist roller 4x60sec 45#

10/26/11

2" crusher 140# 3x5

no grippers today. been doing some plaster work and my skin is screaming.

DU 1/4 round cr 7"

DU 1/4 hex cr 7"

hands were super fatigued form the wrist work yesterday and the plaster work at night. didn't even try a red since my reverse warm ups went so poorly. sat a guy from the gym is coming over to bend. I'll definetly hit some stuff then.

10/26/11

2" crusher 140# 3x5

DU 1/4 round cr 7"

DU 1/4 hex cr 7"

hands were super fatigued form the wrist work yesterday and the plaster work at night. didn't even try a red since my reverse warm ups went so poorly. sat a guy from the gym is coming over to bend. I'll definetly hit some stuff then.

10/26/11

2" crusher 140# 3x5

DU 1/4 round cr 7"

DU 1/4 hex cr 7"

10/26/11

2" crusher 140# 3x5

DU 1/4 round cr 7"

DU 1/4 hex cr 7"

Let us know how Sat goes, try him out on grip to!

Parris

10/27/11

warm up

tns rb 180

rb 210 left close, right miss

left big miss right very close. felt like the position was wrong with my right hand all three times.

face levers 10# hammer

8/8

10/10

10/10

8/8

wrist developer 2x2

14/14

14/14

10/10

skipped rotations and wrist roller for time. also, have some plaster finishing work shortly that will require hands not being dead.

Rico,

I do plan to have him try some grip stuff.

10/28/11

mms 3x1. forget gripper

2hp 4x5 150#

45# hex 5x1

75# disc around the worlds 3x set

did ext lifts during blocks and around worlds.

10/31/11

crusher 3x5 145#

reverse a bunch of isos. ended with a 1/4x7 hex

DU. screwed around until I hit 1/4x7 round ss. hard to stay with that bend long enough to get it to take.

some wrist health stuff with hammer rotations

11/1/11

warm up

mms gripper rb 260 3x1. this might have actually been a 20mm block set. don't have notes here.

face levers with pause 14# 5x1

front holds w 6# 5x1 holds to fail with movement of wrist angle to hold longer.

rotations 3x5 club 5#

2.5" roller 4x60 sec 45# 2 each way.

the constant work is really giving my numbers a beating. 14# face levers for a single???? oh well, even though some of the numbers suck I know the work will pay off with a little rest.

talked with jedd this morning about 2hp. I have an idea I'm going to start with next pinch session. that would be tomorrow at 4:30 am.

11/1/11 warm up mms gripper rb 260 3x1. this might have actually been a 20mm block set. don't have notes here. face levers with pause 14# 5x1 front holds w 6# 5x1 holds to fail with movement of wrist angle to hold longer. rotations 3x5 club 5# 2.5" roller 4x60 sec 45# 2 each way. the constant work is really giving my numbers a beating. 14# face levers for a single???? oh well, even though some of the numbers suck I know the work will pay off with a little rest. talked with jedd this morning about 2hp. I have an idea I'm going to start with next pinch session. that would be tomorrow at 4:30 am.

That's early to be lifting :)

That's early to be lifting :)

my work lately has been a circus. I was never getting my grip work in. so, I decided to start training am. and as long as I'm getting up early I might as well do it every day. the workouts are shorter. a good bit of time is spent on warm up and rehab work. I'm really liking it a lot. I have some extra spot lights in the basement so it's nice and bright which helps.

right now the basement is still pretty warm. things might get harder as the temp drops. I do have a woolrich vest with lined pockets down there. that does help keep the hands warm.

11/2/11

warm up

wide 2hp 8x3 150#. I think i needed to pull a couple more warm up sets before going to work weight. they felt very heavy at first, towards the end I think I could have handled more weight.

40# hex 5x5

gloved holds on 75# plate

gloved around the worlds to fail with red disc 3x

ext lift during block,plate, and ATW's.

thicker width felt good. I think if I hit this a couple of weeks I'll switch width again.