Stupid Log?

Martin_Arildsson

1x4 @ 240 kg PB!

Animal!! :whacked

Damn, strong legs. I just started squatting and can barely do 145 .... POUNDS! ARGH! I hate you. :)

Haha :D

:kiss

2006-10-16

Squat:

1x3 @ 100 kg

1x3 @ 140 kg

5x3 @ 160 kg

Aimed for good speed today, but it just felt slow.

Grippers L/R:

CoC #3: 3/3, 3/3, 5/5, 5/5, 5/5

Still feeling weak... Shit happens :D

One hand pinch (80mm) L/R

20 kg 5/5

30 kg 3/3 5/5

I also tried my blob50 (purchased from GordonV) couldn't get it off ground... So I invented a genius deloading device! And now I can lift it a little bit (but not without support) :inno

2006-10-18

Benchpress:

1x3 @ 80 kg

5x3 @ 110 kg

Good speed. I'm really sore from last week.

V-bar L/R:

1x3 @ 80 kg

1x3 @ 100 kg

3x3 @ 120 kg

2006-10-16

Squat:

1x3 @ 100 kg

1x3 @ 140 kg

5x3 @ 160 kg

Grippers L/R:

20 kg 5/5

30 kg 3/3 5/5

I also tried my blob50 (purchased from GordonV) couldn't get it off ground... So I invented a genius deloading device! And now I can lift it a little bit (but not without support) :inno

If you are still sore a week later that is not a sign to train again.

Also I did some work on one hand pinch with Nick McKinless yesterday using 2 x 15-kilos plates (70-80mm) and right hand was easy but left took some doing and involved a trick Nick showed me (which I'm not telling about ha ha).

I also MSN'd David and he talked about doing volume (ie: lighter weights) when over trained and Nick does a back off week 1 in 4. Last Saturday I could not do 90+kilos as I had wanted to on the 2HP and so droipped it down and did a load of work with 80 and 85 - 30++ minutes.

Edited by mobsterone

2006-10-16

Squat:

1x3 @ 100 kg

1x3 @ 140 kg

5x3 @ 160 kg

Grippers L/R:

20 kg 5/5

30 kg 3/3 5/5

If you are still sore a week later that is not a sign to train again.

Also I did some work on one hand pinch with Nick McKinless yesterday using 2 x 15-kilos plates (70-80mm) and right hand was easy but left took some doing and involved a trick Nick showed me (which I'm not telling about ha ha).

I also MSN'd David and he talked about doing volume (ie: lighter weights) when over trained and Nick does a back off week 1 in 4. Last Saturday I could not do 90+kilos as I had wanted to on the 2HP and so droipped it down and did a load of work with 80 and 85 - 30++ minutes.

Tricks... :)

I think I'll take one more light week before I start upping the weights again.

2006-10-20

Deadlift:

1x5 @ 120 kg DO

1x5 @ 170 kg DO

2x3 @ 170 kg DO

1x1 @ 220 kg DO + 1x4 @ 220 kg mixed grip

The DO at 220kg wasn't that hard.

Dumbell rows:

2x6 @ 60 kg

Grippers:

Totally sucked!

I'm gonna take one or two weeks off now. I haven't had a real pause since last year!

This is friggin' hilarious!!! I am gonna pull this prank too!!

That's funny, this log insn't stupid at all!

2006-10-30

Squat:

5x5 @ 140 kg

Front squat:

5x5 @ 100 kg

Grippers L/R:

CoC #3: 3/3

Filed #3: 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 3/3 = 8 sets

CoC #3: 3/3

The last set was fun, I started to wonder why I couldn't get the handles closer :)

2HP:

10x3 @ 80 kg

Next week I'll probably do 10 sets (or more) at 85 kg. I also need to wear some protection for my thumb webbing. Got a nice little gap in my right hand!

Some more thoughts... I'm gonna try volume for a while (maybe not in all exercises), and also change between light and heavy weights! And it's great fun to be back from my little rest!

Take care!

and mobster: :tongue

Aaah, you also caught the LIGHT_WEIGHTS_ARE_NICE_VIRUS!!!

Aaah, you also caught the LIGHT_WEIGHTS_ARE_NICE_VIRUS!!!

Whoa! I need to update my anti-virus definitions!

1) Back off weeks are typically every 3rd or 4th week and are ideal times for volume with 80% of your normal max weight.

2) I occasionally use either zinc oxide sports tape or the webbing style elastoplast fabrix tape if I have, as you put it, a 'hole'. You can also try holding the weight in a higher than usual position.

1) Back off weeks are typically every 3rd or 4th week and are ideal times for volume with 80% of your normal max weight.

2) I occasionally use either zinc oxide sports tape or the webbing style elastoplast fabrix tape if I have, as you put it, a 'hole'. You can also try holding the weight in a higher than usual position.

Re 1): 80% is quite high IMHO, it should be easy and not medium heavy.

Re 2): I tore of a little bit from a towel that I usually use for bending, and placed it just so it covers the webbing, that worked even better then I thought!

Actually I meant 80% of your normal working weight as opposed to max weight. In your case that would be about the same as mine (101 x 80% = just under 81-kilos). For example I did 97-kilos x 1 (plus one attempt half up) this past weekend. The previous week I did 20 x 1 with 87.5-kilos. As you have used a higher reps per set range I'd suggest the 80-kilos you used is more than ok but for more reps (12-15 or more). Or you could try total reps per workout (ie: aim for 50 regardless of how many sets it takes). You seem to have a plan and my post is as much for those that read your log as well as yourself (ie: Dutch at least ha ha).

For the skin even a little square of folded tissue works and of course Nick and David use towels for the lower weight sets. The weight doesn't need to be heavy for the equipment to wear on the skin.

Edited by mobsterone

2006-11-01

Benchpress:

5x5 @ 120 kg

Upright row:

3x8-12 @ 50 kg

Lying triceps extension:

A couple of sets at 50 kg.

I also did some vbar and wrist training!

2006-11-01

Benchpress:

5x5 @ 120 kg

So you don't warm up with anything? You get to the gym, you lay down, and bench 120kg just like that... ?

Strong :rock

Thanks!

2006-11-01

Benchpress:

5x5 @ 120 kg

So you don't warm up with anything? You get to the gym, you lay down, and bench 120kg just like that... ?

Here are the warm up sets:

2x10 @ 20 kg

1x10 @ 60 kg

1x5 @ 90 kg

-------

5x5 @ 120 kg

I think those are the correct warm up sets, but I'm not sure.

Warmup looks pretty similar to mine, not the workout sets though. :tongue