Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

I might be going to the rock gym tomorrow, but I didn't know so I skipped abs.....actually I just didn't feel like training today.

Hand:

4X1 50lb manhole cover lift full lockout (RH)

3X1 50lb manhole cover break from ground (LH)

1X1 50lb manhole cover highpull (RH)

2X3 100lb (2 lids) reps 2 hands

5X1 100lb (2 lids) full lockout hold 5sec 2 hands

3X1 45lb hex lift aided by middle finger on face of hex

lots of breaking the hex from ground each hand

5X60D hot galvanized (DO)

7X60D hot galvanized (DU)

2X60D hot galvanized (reverse each hand)

2X60D hot galvanized arms straight in front (1 bent all the way in front other to 60)

1X1 1/4" X 6" bolt (cheat kinked to 30 or so)

Handstand:

45minutes of one arm handstand practice

Front lever:

1X2sec front lever

Iron Cross:

1X1 Iron cross/olympic cross touch set

I was advised to bend and pinch even though I am doing all the volume, just make sure I don't get injured. I thought maybe the harder bolts that I cannot bend would be too hard the whole way through, but it seems that if I kink them I just destroy them, I am going to cheat kink a grade 5 to thirty degrees and see what happens, judging by how I have destroyed the other things I think I will be able to sweep and crush it down. Since all the rest of the bend besides the kink feels really easy....almost patheticaly easy considering how hard I have to try and kink it.....even on things I can barely wobble from 30 degrees is like a joke, I think that I need to work on improving my wrist strength for the kink.

I wanted to try and pinch three manhole lids (150lbs...Over bodyweight) because 2 felt really easy, all the 2 handed lifts were just messing around feeling the weight. I didn't want to carry another lid all the way down the street to lift it then all the way back when I was done so I skipped that. I was suprised at how easy the cover flew up right handed, last time it was a max effort to lock it out and now I high pulled it then held for time at the top. Left hand was too tired from attempting the 45 hex to really do much but clear the ground by 4" or so.

Change of plans no rock gym today....going tomorrow.

Hand:

1X1 60D hot galvanized arms straight out all the way

1X1 HORSESHOE

Pushups:

1X110 pushups

2X25 pushups (1 arms out 1 arms in)

1X10 2:2 pushups

1X20 1:1 pushups

1X30 1:1 pushups

1X5 one arm pushups

I was caught off guard because noone would go to the rock gym with me and I didn't want to do planche stuff today when I was supposed to do pulling stuff so I took today to renew my pushups. I bent my first horseshoe today, it was filed a decent amount but to do damage to a horseshoe felt real good.

I really don't have any idea what size it was....it was an old shoe I got for free at school. It was really thick and pretty decent spread between the two ends.

Frenchies:

2X2 one arm hold frenchies (pullup with 2 arms hold with one arm and then switch arms)

1X4 frenchies

Went to the rock gym for four hours. I have not trained climbing in at least 2 weeks, but I felt real strong at the rock gym today. Some of the routes that would spit me off before I just muscled through slow and controlled. I was killing the pinch routes, I love that feeling of locking off and muscling through pinch sections. I was close on this sloper problem, my sloper strength has improved enormously and not many slopers stop me now, I think the route may have been just a little too burly for me. Kicked the crap out of some mantel problems and locked off the last move.......which I saw members of the advanced team jumping and cutting their feet on :cool.

I completed my old gym project in a strong methodic and controlled way. I found a new gym project. By the time I stuck the crux move (a dyno from a sloper to a sloper) I was just too burnt out to finish the route.

I really love climbing and I can't wait until I close the blasted #2 so that I can start having fun again.

I really don't have any idea what size it was....it was an old shoe I got for free at school. It was really thick and pretty decent spread between the two ends.

Wes was tellin me about how awhile back someone brought him a horseshoe to bend at school, and there was no moving it! He couldn't get it moved in a vice. Of course, this was a new horseshoe, and pretty big.

Can't even move it in a vice, man that's a tough shoe!

Hand:

3 #1 closes each hand

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X300 slow legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 slow legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

6X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

Finally the planche stuff feels strong again. I think I may have done a 2-3sec straddle planche but when trying to replicate it for the family members as proof I couldn't hold it anymore.....just have to show my coach. I discovered a new planche drill, you basically do an advanced tuck planche with your legs all the way extended (straight thigh planche with legs bent at the knee to 90 degrees) in a straddle. This drill allows for me to hold a planche position while having my back and legs in line, it is also pretty difficult probably just below a straddle planche. Starting the #1 either tomorrow or Wednesday depending on how I feel, right now my right hand has a real bad pain in the top of the hand (no idea where it came from).

I got my friend's #3 that he ordered today.....holy crap. I could barely move it, deffinately harder than the #3 I tried at the armwrestling tournament as I took that to approximately parallel. I was hoping that we would get a hard one so that we can train with a tough gripper, our #1 makes the other #1's feel like a joke. I did chest crush it closed :cool. It has a 3" spread.

I can't believe it, my friend can actually work with the #3 forcing it closed and holding it at about 1/8" or so he's stronger than I thought!

Hand:

50X1 #1

2X200extensors in sand bucket

3X10sec holds closed #1

some ponyclamp work

Abs:

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Pull/Chinups:

1X31 chins

1X30 pullups (PR)

1X2 one arm hold frenchies

Armwrestling:

Pulled lots of people at school. Put in a lot of good matches 2:30+. I was owning my friend in a hook and in toproll at street style. I was pretty much wasting everyone, I am convinced that it is because I didn't workout on Halloween they think I'm joking when I say I'm weak because I did four million sets of planche work.

Had a fun Halloween last night. I hit 30 pullups rather unexpectedly. My right hand hurts real bad for some reason. Most of the #1 closes right handed were No Set and some were for doubles but I didn't keep count I just know I got 50 closes. Left handed was mostly CCS with some parallel reps in there I think I may have no set it but I couldn't tell. Thumbs can almost close the small red pony with one hand.

Nice job on that horshoe, those things are a lot of fun. The one the guy brought me was a #2 I believe, and it was a tough bugger for sure. He brought me an 0 or an 00 too, which I could kink some, but not finish. Any horshoe bend is awesome IMHO :rock

My rip on my left middle finger started to bleed while doing my sets, so I have now officially put sweat and blood into gripping....no tears yet. Now the gripper has some blood stains to add a little character.

Hand:

55 total #1 closes (last 20 were sets of 5 // reps (inverted left hand))

1X5 Trainer closes (LH)

Trainer slow closes and grinds

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

5X1sec straddle planche

6X4sec straddle planche attempts

6X10sec advanced tuck planche

2X40sec ball planche

My hand was hurting too bad to mess with singles so I just turned the last few sets to 1X5's instead. I decided to add 5 closes as per what I've heard about Kinney....Increase either weight or reps every workout. Most of the singles were no sets right hand and CCS left hand with a few doubles thrown in. I am going to try and tear a deck tomorrow, I hope my hands are not too tired. My planche work felt weak. My left shoulder flares up in pain every time I get out of a planche it has been like this ever since I 1st started training but now I am getting worried about it.

*part of the 55 closes included:

2X2 No set reps removing fingers on each (RH)

2X1 No set (LH)

1X2 CCS (LH)

November 3, 2006

Hand hurts, but is fine.......except the right hand which has knuckle pain that I am worried about. Rest day for the body.

Hand:

1X1 #1 CCS

2X60D hot galvanized (DU)

2X60D hot galvanized arms straight out (1 all the way 1 kinked to 60 then crushed arms in)

3X1 one hand full lockouts on manhole cover (RH)

1X1 one hand farmers walk (4 steps) with manhole cover (RH)

2X1 break from ground 4 inches (LH)

1X1 half of figure 8 with manhole cover (right side)

5X1 two hand pinch two manhole covers (100lbs)

1X2 two hand pinch reps two manhole covers (100lbs)

1X1 two hand pinch farmers walk 2 manhole covers (100lbs) 10ft

1X0 two hand pinch three manhole covers (150lbs which is greater than bodyweight)

Handstand:

Lots of handstand lower to elbows stand

I thought I took a rest day by only doing handstand lower into elbow stand, but the tiger bend movement of my arms (I didn't drop I controlled it down like a negative) has left my triceps REALLY SORE. Again no dice on the yellow nail. Right hand was owning the manhole again, left hand is still working on it which is weird because my left hand is far stronger at wide pinch and all other pinching things (pony clamps ect) except manholes. Almost got the full figure eight but my pants kept getting in the way and I kept missing the grab. The two handed pinching of the manholes was harder today than it was a while ago I think my hand is way tired from the #1. I feel like three manholes (150lbs and greater than bodyweight) is possible for me, maybe it is still too tough right now, but it felt pretty close.

The thing about three manholes is that, two you can put perfectly together with the smooth sides out, but three the little metal things poking out of the smooth sides of two makes you have to put the third lid off to the side to avoid the metal thing.

Two hours of gymnastics.

Hand:

2X1 close #2 from 1/4" in hose clamp (RH)

3X1 close #2 from 1/4" in hose clamp inverted (LH)

2X1 squeeze #2 as hard as possible from no set

15X1 pinch full lockout 43.8lb garden deals

1X1 full figure 8 with garden deals 43.8lbs

spins, plate curls (2 hand), hammer plate curls, farmers, crucifix with one (22lbs).

Pinch farmers with 25.3lb blocks each hand

other random pinch lifting of 25.3lb block

2X60D hot galvanized (DO DU)

Rafter:

1X2 RAFTER STEPS (at gym)

1X1 rafter chin and then hold 5 secs in middle

Neck:

1X3 rail raise to headstand

1X2 rail raise to headstand

I got two rafter steps, heck yes. I even held it for 5 secs after the 2nd step. The pinching was awsome today. I have heard from Dan Praydis and Tim that 5 10's are 4" across the top which is precisely what my two garden deals are across the top. Each one weighs 22lbs and is 2" across so put together that is 43.8lbs and 4" across. Judging from the way I can toy with it (all lifts with no chalk) I would figure I could probably do five tens unless the holding of 5 plates instead of 2 or the texture or something makes more difference than I think. My friend lifted it with two fingers, but I had already been lifting it all day before I thought to try this and didn't get it, though I bet I could.

The two rafter steps was awsome. That has been my goal for a while. It was up an incline if that makes any difference. Given the neck topic I decided to see if I could still do that straight body raise to headstand, and I could do it for reps (probably 10).

Edited by Ivarboneless

Strong work all around, I had a climber friend over yesterday and we both tried taking rafter steps but couldn't hold it. Yer a BEAST!

Have you ever tried a Blob or 50# hex block weight, I bet you'd get it.

What are "spins" with the garden thing?

Nice job on the bending with arms straight. Tommy style. Have to try that.

Now ya got me wanting to train!

I would figure I could probably do five tens unless the holding of 5 plates instead of 2 or the texture or something makes more difference than I think.

Texture and the five plates does make a difference, but I don't believe it'd be considered such a difficult lift if more people would attempt it. If you get aholf of some plates, I bet it wouldn't take long for you to lift them.

Ox- I don't think I could lift either the blob or a 50lb hex, though I may be able to hit five tens.

Unseenbeat- still trying to get some plates :whacked

Four hours at rock gym.

I decided to spend my time trying to hit the vertical crack at the gym without using anything but the crack. I have no idea what that would be rated, but being as I have no chalk anymore (left it at the gym and it is gone now) it was a bit more difficult. Man crack climbers must have some tough forearms working that crack got me pumped like none other. I got the feel for crack technique. The crack starts out with thumbs up handjams and good feet, then it moves to a long section of thumbs down handjams good feet, into a ringlock section good feet, then onto a thumbs up cupped hand section with horrible feet (the ringlock sized crack) which is the crux, after that you continue with thumbs up cupped handjams and thumbs up cupped handjams size crack for your feet to the top.

My hands are raw and hurting from trying this so much, my feet don't feel too good either being torqued in the crack over and over again. I never got the route clean although I did climb it with one fall. The thumbs up cupped handjam section with horrible feet requires a really strong torque of the wrist which I can only apply for a couple moves up at the top before I am too pumped to torque hard enough and I fall.

I climbed several more boulder routes that I have never done before. I climbed one of the boulder routes and campused the last 3 moves with a one arm chin on the finishing hold. Almost hit the yellow boulder route in the cave, but I got too pumped from the crack and didn't finish it.

I was KILLING the sloper problems, I used to hate slopers, but now I love the feeling of slowly moving through the slopers controlled with super body tension. They have a campus board with 2X4's as holds which I hopped all the way up. The pinch problems just keep getting easier and easier I think I am more comfortable on a pinch or a sloper now than a crimp.

Turns out that I did not climb my indoor project last time, I climbed the problem next to it. Still haven't nailed that project. Strong forearms in the gym though I saw some guys cranking stuff that I couldn't even work on. I have never seen anyone climb the crack, or even attempt it. I wonder how many of those boulderers and face climbers could do it, it seems pretty hard to me.

I hate getting schooled by people who can't do a one arm pullup :flame.

Or even worse....I hate getting schooled by girls :tongue

Edited by Ivarboneless

OWWWI My hands have nice big rasberries on them from that forsaken crack at the gym.

Hand:

60 total #1 closes

1X1 deck of 54 cards (some random store brand plasticy feeling)

1X1 set of flash cards

Took the #2 to 1/4" right handed and 3/8" left.

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

5X1sec straddle planche

6X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

I bumbed the #1 stuff to 60 total closes, I plan on upping it by five closes a night. I did a set of three no set reps from a CCS (CCS 1st rep then remove fingers to make it NS on last 2) right handed, and a set of three parallel reps left handed. Mixed sets of doubles and singles in there. I managed to keep from going inverted with my left hand so I know I've at least gained some strength. PLANCHE STUFF FELT STRONG FINALLY. I have been waiting for my planche stuff to feel strong again, it's a horrible feeling to know that you can do better and you just have to train at a weak level.

Tore the deck without a single card ripping off the top.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Hand is holding up fine :mosher.

Hand:

5X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X50 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1:00 extensor hold 6 bands

65 total reps on #1 (doubles or more from #10 and up)

4X1 60D hot galvanized (DU)

2X1 60D hot galvanized (DO)

3X1 60D hot galvanized (arms straight out.....60...60....all the way)

1X1 medium orange pony

1X4 nails bent upside down in a row (DU DO DU DO)

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Front Lever:

1X3sec straddle lever

2X5 sec pull straddle lever

Pull/Chinups:

1X2 One arm hold frenchies

1X30 chinups

1X25 pullups

I felt like going for 75 total closes today, but I figured hey no rush I'll just bend instead. After #10 in the total closes I figured that singles were now too easy and all the rest were doubles, triples, or 4 reps. Most of the sets were done from CCS. Many of the doubles for the right hand were CCS followed by a no set (removing last three fingers). Most of the left handed were 2 CCS reps.

I tried a one arm straddle lever....John Gill is the man. I cannot even fathom the strength one needs for a one arm front lever (pullup I believe he also did?). Benincasa also did some crazy strong one arm front lever stuff. I am going to get strong from my one arm fenchie holds :shifty.

I tried my hand at upside down bending and actually felt stronger upside down than normally :upsidedwn.

Edited by Ivarboneless

November 8, 2006

Three hours of gymnastics. I figured that I would be going to an armwrestling tournament this weekend, but it appears that my ride has bailed on me. Just in case he changes his mind I rested my hands anyway.

Hand:

1X3 rafter chins (at gym)

Foot:

1X3sec "bat hang" (flex your feet and hang from the tops of your feet) (at gym)

Planche:

3X3sec straddle planche (at gym)

I AM SO CLOSE TO THAT STRADDLE PLANCHE. I busted one at gym for the guys to see how good the form was (my video camera is toast), and they were all like "WOW, man you have really come a long way, that was like 3 seconds." They said it was pretty good form, I just need to get my back a tad flatter and it's all good to go.

Once again, I have jacked up my back. This wasn't a strength related thing though, this happened while tumbling so it might be more serious. Time will tell, but it hurts something fierce right now.

Back hurt way too bad to workout. I can't even stand up straight without severe pain....praying it goes away. I am not even about to let all that time spent on the planche go to waste, I will train until I cannot move before that happens.

Oops....Ox-the spins are like barrel rolling the garden thing 180 degrees and catching it in a pinch on the other side.

Hand:

3X1 LEVER 12lb SLEDGE (RH) perfect form

5X1 lever 12lb sledge from 29" (LH)

1X5 sledge rotations 10"

1X5 12lb front sledge levers from 16"

front weavers 12lb sledge from 16"

7X1 pinch on 43.8lb garden deals

1X1 pinch figure 8 with 43.8lb garden deals

1X30 medium red ponies

1X10sec one thumb hold closed medium red pony

2X1 medium orange pony

1X200 passes 25.3lb block

1X5 hammer plate curls 22lb garden deal

1X2 finger 43.8lb garden deals lift (index/mid)

1X2 finger 43.8lb garden deal lift 2 finger (mid/ring of left)

1X3 finger 43.8lb garden deal lift

5X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X50 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

Planche:

3X1.5sec straddle planche......hurt back real bad so no planche today

Levered the 12lber. I break down each part of grip into feats that I don't think many peeps can do without training and the 12lb sledge is on that list. #2, yellow nail, 45hex, medium orange pony, horseshoe, 12lb sledge, deck of cards, 25lb plate curl, 25.3lb block plate hammer curl are all on the list (probably more but I don't want to think about them all). I hate telling someone that I'm into something, specifically grip which nobody takes seriously, then having them beat me at it, so accomplishing one of the things on my list that most people cannot do having never trained is especially sweet. I hope to lift the 45 hex to full lockout soon, my pinch is getting ever stronger.

Dang my planche was strong yesterday. Given my recent levering abilities with the 12lber, I think the yellow nail and I have a date pretty soon :devil.

Edited by Ivarboneless

It was while tumbling? Was it a bad landing or did you completely miss something?

Edited by unseenbeat

It was in the middle of a tumbling pass. You know like roundoff backhandspring X skill. I got a little overzealous cranking power into my backhandspring and basically my back arched way over.

Back still painful to do anything.

Hand:

1X35 medium red ponies

1X5sec hold closes small red pony (1 thumb)

1X1 medium orange pony

1X1 12lb sledge lever (right)

1X1 12lb sledge lever 29" (left)

70 total #1 closes

Still doing like Kinney and cranking those reps up every workout. Most of the closes were doubles from CCS with either hand. No set it with left and for 2 reps right. I hit a 1X7 set of CCS reps at school right handed. Tomorrow 75 reps. I think that once I get to 100 total closes a day doing doubles I will move into the "Severe Negative" phase of my training plan. So far my #2 crushing ability has gone way up and by the time I am doing 100 #1 closes a day in doubles, I think that I could put some hurt on the #2 pretty fast with negatives.

C'mon #2.....just stop fighting.

Edited by Ivarboneless

It was in the middle of a tumbling pass. You know like roundoff backhandspring X skill. I got a little overzealous cranking power into my backhandspring and basically my back arched way over.

Ouch! Hyperextension huh? That sucks. :ohmy

Not really sure what it is, but it hurts.

Back still hurt, but I decided to do a little light breaking (breakdancing) anyway and it seemed to help it out actually. I did lots of stretching since I can't really train too hard.

Hand:

75 total #1 closes

1X1 35lb wrist roll (extensor side)

1X25 wrist curl 25lbs

Handstand:

30 mins one arm handstand practice

handstand lower elbow stands

handstand lower one elbow one hand stand press back up

handstand drop to elbows

7 diamond handstand slow lowers attempt press

general breaking skills

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

Back hurt too bad to do abs, I could probably do hollow holds but I don't want to risk it. The handstanding and stretching loosened my back up a bit, we'll see how it is tomorrow. Straddle planche is pretty consistantly solid now, patience....patience :rock. My breaking style resembles Buana, utilising my upperbody strength more than anything. I really need to become more flexible if I want to take my physical abilities (breaking, gymnastics, rockclimbing, whatever) to the next level, I have never been flexible I just need to invest some time in it. The wrist curls felt like a joke I figured I would be decent at wrist curls.

I went to hell and back trying to get those #1 reps. It's all about hard work. I had to invert the gripper with my left hand to finish all the reps I just couldn't keep closing it anymore right side up. I just have to keep cranking up the intensity every day.

Ehh, back is still bothering me although nowhere near as bad, I can actually stand up straight now. I hope it gets better soon only one month until the first meet and I have to keep training :erm.

Pull/Chinups:

5X1 one arm chins

2X1 one arm chins with 7lb (?) climbing rope

1X3sec one arm lockoff at 90 degrees

1X20 chins

1X10 chins

3X10 pullups

Iron Cross:

1X5sec cross touch with 7lb (?) climbing rope

Well I have to say that my one arm chins are feeling stronger than ever. I did five singles and was like heck I could probably do those with my climbing rope on. I was going to do a set of one arm frenchy holds, but my back was bothering me too much. My abs are going to either be really strong or really pissed when I start working them again, back is not allowing it right now. Triceps are sore from handstanding yesterday, I think that once I get my planche I am going to knock down the diamond handstand pushup and tigerbend handstand pushup so I can get some more power in my triceps for armwrestling.

No good for abs still. My other friend now ordered a #1, so from now on it will be easy and hard #1 in the log (possibly medium as well if someone gets another one)

Hand:

2X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X50 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

80 total #1 closes (1.49 hard #1)

4X1 2 finger (index/mid) easy #1 close from wider than //

2X1 #1 FLOG easy #1

15(?) No set closes on the easy #1

Some reps on the easy #1

2X1 easy #1 slow close (real slow)

1X1 double No Set #1 close :cool (easy #1 in left hand)

1 attempts at small red pony with 1 thumb...so close

Handstand:

3X1 handstand pushups

3X2 handstand pushups

3X3 handstand pushups

1X8 handstand pushups

5X5 handstand pushups

Planche:

3X1.5sec straddle planche

The hard #1 is really a beast because I can barely no set it left handed, but I can do a two finger close on the easy one. The flog was done with the top three fingers, but other than that it was the same (the three fingers were not specified). So inverted left hand three fingers no set close :rock.

Awesome FLOG bro, now SPAM it!!!!! And then LARIAT it!!!!! And then REAM it!!!!