Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

Felt kind of weak today, but everything was pretty strong :blink.

Hand:

1X1 Trainer pony (both thumbs.....PR)

1X33 Medium red ponies (keep repping by 5's until 50)

2X5sec medium red pony hold closed with one thumb

1X5 store gripper ponies

20X1 #1 closes (mostly from barely any set)

3X1 #1 No set

5X7sec #1 overcrush from CCS

2X1 inverted #1 no set (LH)

1X1 #1 No Set 3 fingers (RH index/mid/ring)

1X1 #1 barely set 3 fingers (LH index/ring/pinky)

3X3 #1 CCS reps

1X5 #1 CCS reps (RH)

2X2 #1 CCS reps (LH)

10X1 #3 sweeps to 1 3/8"

5X1 #2 negatives

2X1 Ironmind YELLOW (DU all the way)

3X1 60D hot galvanized (DU....arms straight out kink finish DO other 2)

1X1 1/4" X 6" hex bolt......BIG PR, THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING BOUT SON! (DU all the way)

Some Trainer holds closed with ring/pinky

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 leg raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

3X300 russian twists

Pull/Chinups

2X2 One arm chins (second chin about 3/4 of the way down)

1X1 one arm chin (straight arm)

1X32 chins

1X30 pullups

Toe:

lots of toe walking and hopping at school :tongue. It's a crowd pleaser.

Bending was tough. I did not feel any better than normal, but I just got it set in my mind that the hex bolt was going down, so I just gave the steel all I had and it yielded. The second yellow nail was after the hex bolt and was really hard because the hex bolt took all of my strength. I managed to DU it all the way anyway, but that took some intense effort. I attempted the 5.75" yellow/blue that I cut, but I just can't grip it DU and didn't even manage to kink it. I think that a blue would go down DU, but that extra 1/4" off just shut me down.

TWO ONE ARM CHINS AGAIN. The second chin was not all the way down, but it was a good deal past 90 degrees. I did two sets of two with each arm :cool. Too bad all I really want right now is a good straddle planche.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Wrists are fine despite the toll that bending took on them, I was worried that I might have strained my tendon again but it feels good.

Hand:

5X1 #1 closes CCS

1X1 #1 no set

1X1 #1 no set inverted (left)

1X2 medium orange ponies

Abs:

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

5X1.5 sec straddle planche

6X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

1X30 ball planche pushups

1X25ball planche pushups

1X20 ball planche pushups

1X15 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X5 ball planche pushups

6X10sec planche leans

5X5 planche lean pushups

5X1 frog stand press to "frog planche" press straight arms to handstand

3X1 handstand lower as far as possible (pretty far) towards full planche

Back Lever:

2X10sec back lever

I am going to go buildering tomorrow. Planche stuff was alright, the planche lowering really suprised me. Abs are feeling strong again, no soreness. I think I am going to make back lever stuff part of my training, because I hear that it transfers to the iron cross and planche. I understand how the planche, but I have no clue why it would help the iron cross unless it is with elbow tendon strength. I need some sort of shock training to get my straddle planche solid, so maybe backlever work will do the trick.

Dec 10, 2006

Hand:

a few #1 wider than CCS

bounced the 45hex off the bed trying to hold it

pinched the 25lb weight by the two slopes

some weaver sticking

Chair Press:

1X2 smallest sister

1X1 biggest sister

1X5 smallest sister

1X7 smallest sister

3X1 smallest sister

Shouldered some logs at the creek and strict pressed a few of them. I decided I would see what I could Chair Press (as opposed to Bench Press :tongue) which is where I get under this wooden chair and have someone sit it it and then lift them up bench press style. I thought this was pretty sweet, you needed a lot of stabilizers to do this. The press doesn't start from your chest really it is more of a planche pushup type thing, because at the beginning the chair forces you to start the press from about your stomach.

More of a chill day today. Funny things happened at school today :cool.

Hand:

3X1 #1 slow closes (10+ seconds) CCS

#1 no set slow close (~10secs) RH

1X1 #2 attempt

1X350 passes 25.3lb block held for 10secs last two reps (349 & 350)

3X10sec medium red pony holds closed one thumb

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Front Lever:

1X5sec straddle lever

2X5 pulls to advanced tuck lever (5 sec hold each lever....slow lower)

Chins:

2X5 Mr T chins

Chair Press:

1X1 Chair press ~165lb kid at school

1X1 Chair press 170lb kid at school

Olympic press:

1X1 120lb kid olympic press

Well the 350 passes with the 25.3lb block were pretty tough, but if I wanted to risk tearing the thumb webbing I think I could have done 400. Front lever stuff was hard! My back wouldn't let me continue the straddle levers, but I could pull to advanced tuck with no pain.

At school I wanted to see what I could chair press, so I got some wrestlers to let me chair press them. Basically you get under a chair (bench press style) and bench them while they sit in the chair. I had no idea what kind of weight I could lift bench press style, and was always a little worried that I could only do some pathetic number, but these all went up pretty easy despite balance problems using a chair.

The olympic press was so funny, it is great to be able to just pick someone off the ground and press them overhead into the air. This was a strict press.

Edited by Ivarboneless

No more lifting of classmates today :(.

Hand:

1X1 #2 attempt

3X10sec Trainer hold closed 2 fingers (pinky/ring)

MANY reps on black store gripper from 1/2 and 3/4 of the way up the handle towards the spring with two fingers (pinky/ring)

1X50 inverted black store gripper 2 fingers (pinky and ring)

3X1 pinch 2 22lb garden deals to full lockout

1X2 medium orange ponies

5X5 black store gripper ponies (one thumb)

5X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X50 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1:00 extensor hold 6 bands

Lots of 2" (?) diameter stick tug-of-war's (one hand) I went undefeated (#2 closer lost)

see armwrestling

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Chins:

1X15 slow MR T chins

Armwrestling:

Brought two friends over for practice. One is a #2 closer and one is about 1/4" off. My #2 closing friend beat me the first two matches in a hook. Then I got more agressive with my hit and won the rest no matter what move was thrown. The 1/4" #2er had a pretty decent toproll, but just not enough arm power to make it effective, he will get better with practice he deffinately has the "eye of the tiger" and will challenge anyone to a match. My toproll went undefeated and was utterly dominant in all matches winning in less than 2secs all of them. The sweep was also pretty devastating, once I found my groove I was winning pretty much every style. Hook matches slowed me down quite a bit, matches taking maybe 20seconds to win but after those first two I managed to win the rest. We practiced posting and I think I lost two of those (one each hand), but I didn't really count those as matches. No press was practiced by me, although my friends practiced it. Both friends weighed 180lbs and I weighed 140lbs :D.

Moves Practiced: Hook.....Sweep....Toproll.....Post

I found a new grip game that I like a lot. Grab onto a thick stick and yank away. Gives a good forearm burn after taking on all comers. I was the "King of the Stick", going undefeated and even taking two kids (using both hands each vs my one) at the same time. The stick was 2" or so in diameter and it was uniform throughout so no advantage was gained, and I switched sides periodically due to challengers' requests. I have 8" hands, so a little larger than most but not too big, and I took down an 8.5"er. I also took my #2 closing friend MANY times either hand. I want to go buy some 2 3/8" PVC to practice this regularly.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Three hours of gymnastics.

Hand:

A few stick pulls

Gatoraid cap crush left hand inside of Trainer

Stretching:

Stretched a lot, but pretty lightly so as not to get sore for the gymnastics meet tomorrow. We'll see how I do at this one.

I have a gymnastics meet tomorrow. I hope I do a little better than last meet, I had good routines last time but the landings were not stuck. I went ALL of last year sticking EVERY dismount on rings, but this year at the first meet I took that small step. I have been practicing hard and I hope I can put up some good numbers. I am going to start stretching at school in the morning, because as I progress in skill I need more flexibility, as I've said before my flexibility is what's holding me back.

Meet went okay.

Rings: 5th :trout

Vault: 6th (with a 9.5......those guys were GOOD!)

Pommel horse: worst routine I have ever done in my life. I fell three times. I missed the pommels on two of the falls and actually fell off the horse. Not feeling too good about this. In the warm ups I felt like I was doing good and thought I was good for top 5 maybe, but that routine wouldn't have beat a kindergardener.

I also got beaten in the handstand contest :help. I have never actually won one, due to technicalities (people knocking me over, announcer making me laugh.....the list goes on), but this time I had a legitimate good attempt going and I heard "two guys up" and I figure I'm one and someone else has a damn good handstand. I just couldn't hold it anymore after a while and slowly the arms gave way and I went down. The dude who won didn't even look phased after he came down! I always balance in one spot whereas everyone else (including the winner) walks around, and everyone always tells me to walk so I don't tire out as fast, but I want to win one my way.

One day.....I will win the handstand contest at a meet!

Ivar,

20+ times 2nd best at the handstand contest.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Note: I train both hands equally unless I state otherwise with (LH), (RH) ect. I also always do the same # of reps with each hand even if it takes more sets with the other hand.

That's good. Just make sure you don't overtrain whatever your weaker hand is like that (which I always have a problem with).

Both my hands are about the same strength: both can NS the beast #1 (left can do it inverted but right can't), both can 2 finger CCS a normal #1, both can three finger inverted no set a normal #1 (Flog) so they are pretty much the same.

I went rock climbing this weekend at Chandler Park in Tulsa. SWEET stuff there. It's nice and tall, but with perfect solid topouts so that once you latch that lip you don't have to worry about sketching out on the topout. I climbed maybe 30 climbs over 2 days. I nabbed most of what I wanted to, but some of the stuff was just a little too beastly for me.

I did have the rock bust on me again though. On one overhanging route I was pulling the lip and my pants got caught on the edge and I muffed it trying to get them untangled. I fell and this fricking tree nabbed me while I was falling (onto my feet) and turned me so I fell on my back on some rock. That didn't feel good, but I'm okay.

Lots of people toproping what I was bouldering (no chalk, no shoes, no pad, no spotter) but I guess whatever floats your boat. This would actually be a good place for me to practice setting up anchors, so I think I will bring some gear next time.

This one route that I did was sweet! It was like a big corner type thing, but it was thin enough to pinch. This was my favorite route that I climbed. I kept down climbing (about 7 times) from two moves away from the top because I wasn't ready to commit to the last moves and risk taking a gymnastics season ending fall. Finally I just said to myself "Yo go big, or go home brother" and sent it no problem.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Later last night after I posted: (still with the tongs.com snake bag.....with many holes)

Hand:

2X60D hot galvanized (DU all the way)

1X1 BLUE NAIL (DU ALL THE WAY)

I was psyched! The next Ironmind nail to go is the RED nail although that one will probably prove quite a bit more difficult, bet hey I'll have fun on the way there.

Today: I felt rested and wanted to throw down in some street style armwrestling at school, but unfortunately people are turning yellow and only one guy accepted, he earned my respect. I won: held him for 3secs up top then powered him down in ~2secs.

Hand:

5X1 #1 No Set

1X1 #1 inverted No Set (left)

1X1 #1 FLOG............(Yes this is the beast #1)

1X10 MMS #1

1X4 CCS #1

1X2 No Set #1

1X100 black store gripper inverted ring/pinky closes

MANY ring/pinky closes and triples from 3/4 up the handle black store gripper

5X10sec Trainer hold closed ring/pinky

3X1 Trainer attempts from MMS ring/pinky (I thought closed at first, but now.....)

2X1 #2 attempts from MMS.....1/4" each hand (CCS and MMS get me the same closeness)

1X1 60D hot galvanized arms straight out all the way

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DU)

3X60D hot galvanized (Perfect DO)

6X1 60D hot galvanized kink to 30 arms straight out finish perfect DO

Planche:

So dissapointed in the planche right now that I couldn't bear to train it today.

Handstand:

1X2 handstand pushups

1X5 handstand pushups

1X7 handstand pushups (missed 8)

1X8 handstand pushups (was going for 10)

1X1 diamond handstand pushup

1X.... Tiger bend handstand pushup to about halfway down then press back up

Iron Cross:

1X30sec iron cross touch

Dips:

1X34 dips

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

I wanted to do a set of 20 Iron cross touch pullouts, but my father was being a jackass so no go on that. Everything feels stong except for my planche, this is so frustrating. Strong gripping, I flogged the beast #1 this time!

I asked for power rings for Christmas, and once I get those I am going to start training rings strength more. It is my goal to win state on rings next year.

According to Willoughby (The Super Athletes) I tied the military's best mark in repetition dips. I assume the record had gone up since the publishing of that book (it has since gone out of print), but it's nice to know that I can match the old record. You can rest assure that all of my dips were performed strict with full lockout and good depth.

Dips:

1X34 dips

According to Willoughby (The Super Athletes) I tied the military's best mark in repetition dips. I assume the record had gone up since the publishing of that book (it has since gone out of print), but it's nice to know that I can match the old record. You can rest assure that all of my dips were performed strict with full lockout and good depth.

My old psychology teacher according to ancient lore could do 75 strict dips on parallel bars. That's my lifetime goal, lol, and would probably make a good goal for you. He was a wrestler in high school (he weighed around 130 pounds) and could bench 260 with a pause at the bottom.

Me myself, I just want to hit about 30 dips right now. I'm gonna start workijng them harder again, and I used to be pretty close, but I've slacked off.

Good lord that man was a beast! Double bodyweight bench, and 75 strict dips! That guy must have been a crazy good wrestler, the 130lb guys at my school are so weak it's not even funny.......like 5 dips........150lb bench. I don't know if I'll shoot for 75 just yet, I need to get my actually competable positions strong first, but maybe in the future I'll take a run for it.

Good luck on those 30 dips.

Dec 19, 2006

Hand:

3X10sec Trainer hold closed inverted ring/pinky

5X1 Trainer squeeze from No Set pinky/ring to a little closer than //

3X1 #1 No Set

1X1 #1 inverted No Set

2X#2 attempts from MMS to 1/4"

1X50 inverted black store gripper reps pinky/ring

2X1 black store gripper hold closed with pinky

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1 HG 200 grind the shizle out of it

1X1 HG 200 no set 2 fingers (index/mid)

1X1 HG 200 flog

1X1 hg 200 inverted no set

1X1 HG 200 pony (both thumbs)

1X5 HG 200 no set (just stopped at 5)

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Armwrestling:

Many street style matches. People at school are starting to get intrested in armwresting and I actually got challenged quite a # of times. One guy even had bigger (I think) forearms than I do (ripped condition of course). He says that he doesn't even train grip! I have 12" forearms measured cold arm straight out, no goose neck, neutral hammer grip wrist, fist clenched. This is of course in rockclimber, ripped, condition so minimal amounts of fat to skew results. The thing I am really talking about though is the "belly" of the forearm that sticks out when you gooseneck, I have never personally seen one bigger than mine (years of armwrestling) but I think this guy had me! I did beat him ~5secs street style though so it's all good. Beat my friend 4 times left and lost 4 times right.

Handstand:

1X1 diamond handstand pushups

Rafters:

1X2 fullrange rafter chins

3X1 rafter chins (shoes on)

2X5sec pull to tuck front lever

1X4sec rafter hand at halfway up rafters sloping up and away from me

2X4sec THREE FINGER RAFTER HANG (no pinky)

1X1 hang in middle position, then touch head to left hand then right hand

2X1 Rafter hang then pull until feet rest on this ledge

1X3sec rafter hang from off angled rafter

1X13sec rafter hang (bottom position)

Rafters were very strong, but my elbows started aching (armwrestling + rafters = tendonitis) so I did a max hang and called it quits. I cut my thumb sawing a yellow to make it a blue. My friend could not bend it, so I'm FINALLY ahead of him in something. Kind of a rest day from gripping since it hurt my thumb, BUT I'm not a total wussy because I trained rafters with the bloody thumb. Armwrestling felt kind of weak and tired.

Some dude brought an HG 200 to school, That thing felt like a Trainer and had a small spread (perfect no set size). Where is an HG 200 supposed to fall compared to other grippers?

Edited by Ivarboneless

Dec 21, 2006

Hand:

1X100 inverted pinky/ring closes black store gripper

maybe 50 or so closes black store gripper 3/4 of the way up the handle (ring/pinky)

~50 #1 singles, doubles and triples from CCS

5X1 #1 No Set

3X1 #1 inverted no set (left)

1X1 #1 flog (left)

1X1 #1 inverted no set (right)

5X1 #2 attempts MMS (PR ~1/8")

2X1 #2 attempt hold closed

1X1 #2 inverted attempt hold closed (left)

1X1 medium orange pony

hammer curls with 22lb garden deal

plate curls with 22lb garden deal and 25.3lb block

1X1 #1 No Set 3 fingers

3X10 #1 reps CCS (right)

6X5 #1 reps CCS left

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Squats: I do these every morning, but always forget to post

1X20 squats

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

6X15 sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

Pushups: I always do these in the morning to warm up, but forget to post

1X15 slow pushups

I need to start training my toes hard again, the climbing where I go is pretty tough on barefoot toes. I am also going to start training leg scissors hard again, I hope. Planche is very weak right now. In order to win the bet I made last year I have to get a good solid planche before Jan 1st, so probably going to do one more hard planche workout then rest until it's time to collect or pay up.

Have you seen this?

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/Competition/Ho...ance/yorkhb.htm

Thought it was pretty cool. Is that basically the same thing they teach now?

Nice work on the PR's, you'll have that #2 soon. My elbows were hurting just reading about all that rafter work HaHa.

Yeah that is some good stuff, I actually just learned a little tip from that for my one arm handstand :tongue. In gymnastics I don't think they ever teach you a bent arm press, the only bent arm thing I was ever taught was a frogstand, the bent arms usually happen because it is easier. The form taught in gymnastics is to have the straight line with no arch. I thought the part about strongmen just randomly busting out some handbalancing was funny.....I've never seen a weightlifter handbalance in recent years. THAT ONE ARM PLANCHE WAS BEASTLY!!!

Abs:

1X150 legs raised head to knees situps

1X250 legs rasised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Hand:

1X13sec dead hang from 2 3/8" vertical pole (RH)

1X6sec dead hang from 2 3/8" vertical pole (LH)

MANY varying sets of hangs from said pole

1X5 (easy for me...his grip failed) 124.5lb friend deadlifts on 2 3/8" PVC DO grip

5X1 180lb friend deadlifts on 2 3/8" PVC DO grip

1X1 got deadlifted while hanging from one hand 2 3/8" PVC

~10 5sec hangs one handed 2 3/8" PVC

A few stick pulls with 2 3/8" PVC (still the king)

1X3 #1 CCS

1X1 #1 No Set (RH)

1X1 #1 inverted No Set (left)

1X1 #2 attempt

1X1 #2 attempt hold closed (RH)

1X1 #2 attempt hold closed inverted (LH)

1X1 180lb friend + 25.3lb block deadlift 2 3/8" PVC DO grip

Chins:

1X1 Chin while carrying 124.5lb friend on my back :cool

Press:

5X1 Press of the 127lb rock in my front yard (slight push press, but not much)

1X1 strict press of ~120lb pot with plant in it in front yard

Concrete Deal:

Those concrete deals in parking lots that mark out parking spaces. Cleaned, squated, fingle fingered these things a lot.

Handstand:

1 hour of one arm handstand practice

3X1 hollow back handstand pushup

1X20 sec handstand on above mentioned potted plant

Leg Scissors:

6X10 sec Leg Scissors as hard as possible on punching bag. (3 with each foot on top)

Toe:

2X1:00 toe stand

1X1:00 toe crimp on stair

2X40ft toe walk

I decided that instead of putting in a mad planche workout today, I would just call my friend up and have fun. We walked the two miles back to my house then two miles to home depot. We picked up some 60D nails and a 2 3/8" PVC (listed as 2" for the diameter of the inside of the pipe) and walked back to my place. I reigned supreme in the stick pull again, although I got beat once and am no longer undefeated. I think my thick bar deadlifting is alright. I pulled 205 pretty much no problem on 2 3/8" PVC. I hung one handed and got deadlifted on the same PVC. I also did some hanging on my beastly fence posts (2 3/8" metal poles) to practice up for anvil lifting. I had planned to do manhole pinching, but it never happened. Pressed (slight push) the 127lb rock finally, I haven't tried since last time but something I have been doing just made this rock feel light this time. I chinned with one of my homeskillets on my back and he was quite freaked out.

My friend and I just came in from pressing and cleaning the 127lb rock many times and my sister says she is going to the mall with some friends on the schools dance team, and her friends will be at our house in five minutes. So my friend decides that he is going to press this big ass rock over his head one more time to show off for these girls. Turns out we wait around 30minutes before her friends finally show. My friend cleans this rock and presses it (possibly strict press....real fast) like his life depends on it!

Now my sister's friend wants my sister to give my homeslice her #......I should have pressed it instead of him.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back from my trip, and I'm ready to start training again. I used the 10days as a big break which my body probably needed. No pain at all right now in my back, but it may come back when I resume training tomorrow. All I did for grip was close the #1 2X3 CCS, 1X5CCS, 3X1 NS every other day which is basically rest for me. My friend closed the #2.5 3rd try out of the package and says that it is not too much harder than the #2 but is a little bit. I got his new #2 ALMOST CLOSED, but couldn't quite get it. I bent a few yellows and lots of 60D hot galvanized and a G2 6" hex bolt.

I hit a one arm elbow lever press to handstand while on break

GOALS 2007:

Straddle Planche

Planche

Iron Cross

40 chins

5 one arm chins

10 handstand pushups.........also Tigerbend handstand pushup

10sec one arm handstand

#2 close

One arm chin on 1/2" ledge

both middle finger chins on 1/2" ledge

Bend G5 DU

Bend bigger horseshoes

Become a very powerful armwrestler

pinch 45hex full lockout

single rafter chins

Climb my project

Get flexible

I hope to become a lot stronger in everything, but as far as specific goals these would be the ones I think. This is all very possible as I'm close to most of them and a year is a long time. The farthest out I think is the full planche. I actually acomplished a lot more than I thought this year, but lost my straddle planche bet. I think that I may change goals between now and December 31, but c'est la vie. Finally beat my 200+lb hardcore weightlifting and wrestling cousin at armwrestling (I weighed 145lb or so...damn I'm getting heavy).

I armwrestled my friend ~1hr tonight. We are pretty even in the hook right handed again (thank god) after a 10min or so street style match niether of us could win so it was determined a draw. He beat me after 4 or so minutes in the first match we had right handed, but I stayed out of the hook where I'm strongest. I was dominating the left arm as always. I think my wrist strength in my left was just a little too much for him today. He is getting quite strong, and beat our school's 315lb lineman (who benches 375lbs RAW) in a hook, winning a $10 bet. I was too timid to take the 315lber with my 145lb self, but my friend says that I have more power than the lineman and I should hustle somebody for $50 or so. My friend weighs 180lbs.

No doubt, you can make some good $$$ like that :cool.

Janvier 2, 2007

Decently sore from armwrestling.

Hand:

practiced placing gear (climbing) and fast clipping bolts.

Campused a bridge

Handstand:

10X1 handstand slow lower to elbowstand

1X1 handstand slow lower to elbowstand to headstand press handstand

2X2 handstand pushups

1X3 handstand pushups

3X1 frogstand press to some breakdancing move that I made press handstand

general handstanding

Planche:

a few random position planches held for around 5secs

Toe:

toe walking

Chins:

1X15 MR.T chins

Climbing:

My friend (armwrestling friend) went down to climb this bridge that spans the creek about 1.5miles away from my house. It is a pretty long bridge, very pumpy for sure. Last summer when I climbed on the underside of the bridge for the whole length my friend made a vow to come back in December and climb it. He was a month late but he climbed it, he campused out about halfway then got way tired and had to grab the railing and campused the rest of the way on the railing. He did it, so I had to give it a go as well (this was not a "deal", I just felt that I had to do it). I campused the whole bridge, but about 3/4 of the way across you have to make BIG campusing steps to get past these beams where there are no holds then you must campus on these little crimps because there are these bolts in the way! I was pumped and my back was tired, but I made it over safely.

Good day.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Three hours of gymnastics.

I started working on a new skill, it basically a back dive onto the floor. So pretty much you do a backhandspring, but you land a handstand instead of letting your feet come down. A half backflip to handstand. This move is rated a "C", one dude can do it, but he also has a rock solid straddle planche in street clothes with shoes on.

I am so sore it is not even funny. Forearms, back, shoulder, legs, everything is sore.

I really hope that my project goes down soon! I've been working that thing for a long time. In order to do the route you have to be pretty strong in the way of chinning, I would say 25 chins is a must in order to climb the route, or a good solid one arm lockoff. You also need a really good pinch grip and sloper strength. The crux move as I am working it now, I keep changing how I work the crux, is a big dyno, upside down, from a bad, wide pinch to a sloper. I keep falling at this move, either missing the hold completely (it's a good sized dyno) or failing to stick it. Another possible sequence is a dyno from the bad pinch to a small inverted mushroom type thing, but if you stick that then your arms are way out like in an Iron Cross, and you would have to campus to the sloper....so I just dyno to the sloper. The last way that I see it could be done is to grab the bad pinch and then lockoff on the bad pinch and grab this REALLY small crimp and then move your feet a little and then hop to the sloper, but I don't fancy a big fall upside down so I'm not willing to commit to the crimp variation.

Bboy Buana is just freaking amazing, he's got some crazy strength.

...you have to be pretty strong in the way of chinning,I would say 25 chins is a must in order to climb the route, or a good solid one arm lockoff

Big difference there. ;)

You are always hounding me about the chinups :laugh

Alright I'll explain: You can either campus, using brute strength (lockoff), or you can climb slowly fidgeting with footholds and technique (25 chins). :upsidedwn

Still sore...what gives?

Hand:

1X5 CCS #1

1X3 CCS #1

2X#2 attempts

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Leg: broad jumps started toe behind the line then measured at the heel

25 X 7' standing broad jump (all jumps were ~6" over 7' mark)

1X20 squats

Going climbing on real rock again this weekend, so I didn't train arms (they are sore anyway). I thought my standing broad jumps were good....then I see that Wes posted jumps of 8'3" and 2X25 @ 7'.......:bow.

Nearing my 17th birthday.....I want to close #2 before I turn 17. I think my #2 is pretty much a good average #2, It felt the exact same as two other #2's and a little harder than a third one.

Got back from climbing yesterday. I really love that place, and I can't wait until I start training climbing again so I can throw down those V12's :cool

Hand:

Finished a blue nail that my #2 closing friend kinked to ~10 degrees and couldn't handle

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twist

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

1X30 ball planche pushups

1X25 ball planche pushups

1X20 ball planche pushups

1X15 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X5 ball planche pushups

6X10sec planche leans

5X5sec arch lower to full planche @ 45 degrees

2X10sec bent arm planche

Back Lever:

3X10sec back lever

Back:

2X75 reverse leg lifts

Starting back training grippers tomorrow. One of my gymnastics homeboys has suggested hitting the backlever to aid my planche along, so the backlever is my new secret weapon for the planche. I've been working a lot of flexibility. I think I'm going to do planche training two days in a row then one rest day.

Biceps sore. I remembered, luckily, that I have a gymnastics meet on thursday so I skipped the planche and just did some light pulling work.

Hand:

1X10 #1 No Set

2X1 #1 Inverted No Set

3X8 #1 CCS (RH)

3X5 #1 CCS (left)

4X3 #1 CCS (left)

1X7 CCS #1 (RH)

1X4 CCS #1 (LH)

1X1 #1 No Set three fingers (RH)

10X1 #2 attempts 1/8" Right 3/16" left

2X10 black store gripper ring/pinky 3/4 up handle

1X5 black store gripper 3/4 way up handle ring/pinky

Armwrestled a little bit

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Front Lever:

1X5sec front lever

2X8sec straddle lever

1X5sec pull advanced tuck lever

Chain Break:

Broke some sort of chain bare handed.....that felt good :cool

Good front lever strength. I want to go buy some bigger chain at home depot now, a guy at school presented me with a chain to try and break and I broke it. Grippers felt good, but not quite at my strongest.

Three hours of gymnastics today. Good practice, meet tomorrow. My back is still jacked....I'm getting worried.

Hand:

1X4 rafter chins from deadhang...slow and controlled.

1X1 Dead hang then touch head to left hand dead hang repeat with right hand.

many other rafter hangs and semi tuck levers

Rafter stuff is strong! I felt glued to those rafters. I would have done some more aggresive things like rafter walking, but meet tomorrow and I don't want to aggravate any tendonitis.

Edited by Ivarboneless

The meet was probably the worst meet of my life. I fell on 2 events. In warmups everything felt like it was going to be an awesome meet.

Floor:

On floor (my least favorite event) I was sticking all my tumbling passed, hitting the straight arm press handstands, everything seemed perfect. Then during the meet, I messed up my run and ended the tumbling pass already in the corner, when I'm supposed to do other things before I get to the corner, so I went out of bounds and everything. Now I'm nervous and stressed, On the press handstand I lost balanced and went into a headstand so naturally being that I do 1X8 handstand pushups I decide that I will just press it up from there. Then I ALMOST lost balance on the press, so my legs bent and I did the press in a C shape........

the crowd felt so bad for me that they cheered when I pressed out the headstand........

Then I fell on the handstand pirouette again one of my strong parts of the routine. Then fell on the dismount as well.

Pommel:

Good routine, but I fell on the dismount AGAIN, I keep missing the pommel in the meets.

Everything else was alright I guess, now that I type it out the meet wasn't that bad, but floor was just an embarrasment. To have people cheer for you because you sucked so bad was just horrible. I thought I would place on vault, but I didn't. Stuck my rings again like always :cool. Rings was just the event I needed to get the guys' respect back after my sucky floor and pommels.