Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

9/13/06

Three hours of gymnastics. Those maltese drills and iron cross drills are killing me! Good practice, my rings is getting so much better now that I have been stretching my shoulders a lot. I think that I will need to do dead hangs in the morning because I just didn't have time for them after I got back from gym.

Hand: (R/L)

1X2 #1 reps CCS (RH)

3X1 #1 no set closes (RH)

7X#1 closes CCS (RH)

1X2 #1 reps wider than // inverted (LH)

5X1 #1 closes wider than // (LH)

5X1 #1 inverted closes wider than // (LH)

#1 held closed from slightly wider than //......30/10....20/20.....30/20....27/18.....15/0

#1 held cosed iverted from wider than //.......0/20......0/10

5X1 #2 attempts squeeze as hard as possible for 5 sec

5X1 #2 attempts squeeze as hard as possible for 5 sec

1X20 Trainer full range no set

1X15 Trainer full range no set

1X10 Trainer inverted no set

Maltese:

2X10sec maltese leans floor

Chinups: (at gym)

2X1 full range one arm chins with a 5sec stop in the mid position coming down

The #2 is getting closer and the #1 is getting easier. I guess my hold is strong from all the gymnastics and one arm deadhangs I have done in my life because even if closing the gripper was super hard I could hold it rather easily for the amount of time posted and then let go because I can't tell if the gripper is closed except by feeling it easily closed. Judging by what I can do on the #2 and where I took the #3 I also figure that I have a way better sweep than a close. My hands are burning today (9/14) from those #2 attempts (which are always done no set) but thankfully my knuckles and stuff feels alright.

I have been resting the last two days except some really mild abs. I did hard climbing endurance on thursday. Friday I went to my friends house and we mest around with some cinder blocks.

9/16/06

Hand:

1X20 Trainer full range reps

1X#1 wider than // close

1X3 #1 // reps inverted (LH)

1X#1 close inverted wider // (RH)

1X#1 close inverted CCS (LH)

10X1 #1 close wider // (RH)

10X#1 close wider // (LH)

1X#1 no set (RH)

2X1 #2 squeeze as hard as possible for 5 sec

1X3 medium Orange pony (PR)

1X1 medium orange pony

1X5 medium red pony

2X1 hold small red pony closed 1 thumb

1X60D hot galvinized kinked to 60 "real bending" style

2X1 60D hot galvinized DU

1X1 60D hot galvinized (DO Rev Rev)

see armwrestling

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

Handstand:

1X2 handstand pushups

1X7 handstand pushups (3/4 of the way up I couldn't lock it out WTF)

1X8 handstand pushups :cool (Tied PR finally)

Armwrestling:

I went to the herpetology general meeting last night and afterwards we all go out to eat. So after we get done eating me and my friend go out to their outside eating are. We were just chilling around you know and I asked him to armwrestle left arm and he said sure. So we were going and then my ride says it's time to go so we just stopped (I would've won we both knew). We were in the car backing out and one of the cooks runs outside and says he wants to armwrestle me. I had on a sleeveless shirt and I have a Mullet so I think that he thought I was a punk. We're kind of standing around and no one is coming out to do it and I hear "$5 says I can beat him in 2 seconds" Still no one comes out so the little dude that stopped me says I guess I'll have to do it....wasted him and he was a good sport. Then some big italian guy comes out and sets up all stiff and jerking my arm around. This is all okay with me, but then he refuses to let me get my grip! He had my entire thumb swallowed up in his hand and I'm like trying to get my grip and he says

"What are you doing B! Don't choke my thumb like that!"

"Man you got to let me get my grip that's not fair"

"My hands like an elephant size bigger than yours kid"

So we went and he thrashed me completely cheating my grip then leaned like way over (I thought this was street armwrestling) and lifted his elbow up. I was worried I was going to get stabbed if I said anything so I was just like good match man. He says "No kid we're going left arm" I didnt let him cheat the crap out of me this time. He didnt swallow my thumb as much this time and I set up high anyway. They said go and I just kind of held him there and he's saying

"What you got kid c'mon"

And I'm pushing as hard as I can in like half a toproll (no lean I dont cheat) but I didn't want to totally flop his wrist because I was worried he would call that cheating and stab me. I saw he was going as hard as he could so I just kind of rested at the top then turned on the power and put his hand down.

"good match man"

"that was like thumb wrestling kid"

and I beat it out of there!

That was the greatest thing ever...to get called out at armwrestling by a worker at a resteraunt get cheated, then play them at their own game and win (without cheating).

Edited by Ivarboneless

I'm 16 :cool lots of time to get strong.

I went to the rock gym for 5 hours today. My friend is usually doing stupid things when he climbs, just using horrible form that make a 5.8 a 5.13. Today I was trying to boulder this one problem and he's like why don't you do it this way.....I tried it his way (which seemed like the most rediculous thing ever to me) and I climbed through the section easily :blink. I thought to myself if he had told me that before I got tired I might have been able to boulder this.

My pinch has improved a lot as has my general climbing strength. I noticed that I can pinch on to stuff and slowly crank my way through what used to be super hard (thanks rafters).

Thanks to Number Ten Ox my sloper strength has improved to the point that it is no longer my weakness.

Good day climbing, my skin hurts.

That's definitely a sign of a good day climbing. :rock

Sigh, sorry for the triple post, lol. Comp was glitchin.

Heh don't worry I think I saw an 11 post one time.

9/18/06

Hand:

45 minutes on rafters

2X40lb face lift (25lber with a 15 attached) full lockout left and hold ~10sec

1X40lb (see above) lift to full lockout and hold 5 sec right hand

1X1 medium orange pony

1X60D hot galvanized (DO)

Abs:

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

6X4sec straddle planche attempts

5X7sec straddle planche attempts

6X10second advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

5X10sec planche leans

5X5 planche lean pushups

1X20 ball planche pushups

1X30 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X5 ball planche pushups

Handstand:

1X10sec DEEP wide arm handstand

Toe:

toe standing and walking

On the rafters I hung in the middle position with the rafters going up away from me, which is the reverse of what I normally do and is harder since you cant get as much of your hand on it (PR)

Good planche work day. I got most of it in I was too tired to do the handstand lowers and press handstands. I am going to start working on Inverted Crosses I think. I also hung from the rafters from the middle position then touched my head to the left rafter then to the right rafter (PR)

Edited by Ivarboneless

Man I did it again (9/20/06) I jacked my finger.

Workout 9/20/06

three hours of gymnastics

Hand:

1X25 inverted Trainer reps (LH)

1X15 Trainer

5X#1 close (RH)

5X#1 close inverted (LH)

#1 held for 16/15/10 (RH)

#1 held inverted 21/16/5 (LH)

1X3 // reps #1 (RH)

1X3 // reps inverted #1 (LH)

3X1 No set #1 close (RH)

3X#1 //set closes (LH)

5X#2 squeeze as hard as possible 5 secs

1X#2 inverted squeeze as hard as possible 5 secs

Chinups:

1X3 with 95lb gymnast on my back (Good for 5 at least) at the gym

My finger got screwed for some reason and now I'm pissed. All I keep hearing is work hard and you'll get results; I got a mangled finger. I have heard this my entire life and I work hard towards what I want, but there is always something in my way.....always some crippling injury to hold me down. First I get stabbed, then I get bursitis and now my finger. I'm really frustrated now, it seems like everything I do I'm always being held back by my own body.

I will give this injury the time it needs & I will be patient this time. I hope that it is just mild and I am overreacting. Well I guess I will learn to take the scenic route in the future.

Hey bro, getting stabbed sucks, bursitis sucks, and getting your finger messed up sucks. At least you can learn from two of those situations. Figure out what's wrong with your finger, figure out how to fix it, and then how to prevent it from happening again.

Sorry for the rant yesterday I was just really frustrated that something like that could happen again. I think I will be fine in a few weeks, but maybe that's just wishful thinking. I will do my best to learn from the experience and not let it happen again.

On a side note, I'm going on a climbing trip tomorrow. I wonder what I can do without my left middle finger. My friend called and I thought to myself what a horrible time to have a screwed up finger, but whatever I'm just going to deal with it. Tommy Caldwell can climb without a finger so I'll do my best :cool.

I just hope I don't jack my finger even more :ohmy

Where are ya going? Rope or boulder? You can do amazing things even with a hurt finger... Just depends on the climbing.

Just got back from my climbing trip.

My finger was still retarded and I couldn't use it. I just used the other three. I did have a great time though climbing isn't just about climbing it's about chilling out with your friends and having a great time.

I did on-sight Death Block (5.10a) no left middle finger, no chalk, barefoot.

Felt pretty good about that :cool. Everyone was giving me crap about my mullet and climbing barefoot. They are always trying to turn me to the darkside (shoes and chalk)! I got some pics of a one arm chin on a beam in the middle of mainstreet in town. Pretty sweet. I think all the one arm chinning I have been doing at the gym has got me back up to strength again because that was the easiest chin I think I have ever done in my life, and my left arm is better than my right!

I was invited to go climbing again next weekend, I hope that my finger is healed up so I can really get cranking. It is going to be limestone so my toe strength will rock those pockets and I'll be laughing at those climbing shoes that dont fit :flame.

Abs:

1X150 legs raised head to knees situps

Planche:

10X1sec STRADDLE PLANCHE!?!?!?

6X10sec advanced tuck planche

Chins:

1X1 one arm chin (left)

1X0 miss chick on my back (125lbs?)

I went herping for a couple hours today so I got a nice walk in. I think I hit a STRADDLE PLANCHE, but I didn't have my camera so I couldn't tell. I leaned forward and piked a little bit to get my feet up then I straightened out and leaned forward leaving me in what I would think would be a planche (family confirms planche). I could only hold these momentarily but I did HOLD it and didn't just pause in it.

I kind of got ahead of myself with chins :(. I was feeling pretty good so I asked my friend if I could chin with her on my back. Mistake. I could get halfway up pretty easily, but I just couldn't lock out the chin. I knew I shouldn't have tried that :trout.

Now I just feel dumb.......I'll have to make up for it sometime in the future :whistel.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Finger is better although I dare not grip with it or risk reinjury. I have full range of motion now, but touching it to the base of the finger is still difficult.

Hand:

1X10lb sledge lever to nose and back (RH) attempted left but finger hurt

Three hours of gymnastics. I hit another 1-1 1/2 second straddle planche. Coach told me that I have progressed well :cool. Coach is really strict on form and gave me some corrections I need to make, mostly that I am arching slightly and the planche should have a perfectly flat back.

I was working inverted crosses today with my feet wrapped around the cables to help support my weight and when I went to put my socks on to help take some stress off my feet one of the spectators told me I have "excellent ring work"

I don't think they realize how much weight I am taking off by wrapping my legs, but even with wrapped legs an inverted cross looks superhuman to non gymnastics folk.

I am really psyched that I can hold a full straddle planche now, even if it is for only 1 or 1 1/2 seconds. After I master the straddle planche I think I will work on other skills because being dedicated solely to one skill for so long has burnt me out on planches. Eventually I will progress to the full planche, but I will learn other skills first.

I will pick one of these skills to chase:

Iron Cross

Inverted Cross

Maltese

I am leaning towards Inverted Cross because a Maltese feels way out of my league and I read that Iron Cross' can damage your joints if you are still maturing. Iron Cross is a "B", Inverted Cross "C", and Maltese "D", so if I could master the Inverted Cross I would be getting a "C" level move which is a good solid strength move not as hard as a Maltese, but more easily aquired. I am probably closest to the Iron Cross and I train it lightly so it may happen that I will get an Iron Cross as time passes while I am working on other skills, I am very close to a full cross but that last bit is the killer.

I am doing a lot of bodyweight stuff now though nothing like yours. I am amazed at the skill necessary to perform your workouts.

Good Job!!

Thanks Paul :cool. I can just break the 45 hex (with a tilt) left handed, but no go right handed I had a hard pinch workout yesterday and this morning so maybe I can break it both hands fresh. Keep training that BW stuff it gets easier!

Hand:

1X4 medium orange ponies

2X2 medium orange ponies

1X1 medium orange pony

10X0 medium BLACK pony (BEAST!!!)

1X15 (Zach's) small red pony

5X0 attempts 1 thumb (Zach's) small red pony

3X10 medium red ponies

3X3sec holds closed 1 thumb medium red pony

3X1 (index/thumb) pinch 25.3lb block

2X1 (pinky/thumb) pinch 25.3lb block

Lots of block pinches full hand clean and press ect

Lots of pinching on 45 hex

2X1 apple busts (RH)

5X5sec holds Trainer closed index finger

2X1 #1 NS close (RH) just to make sure I still got it

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Front Lever:

3X2sec front lever

2X5sec straddle lever

1X5sec pull straddle lever

1X10 pull advanced tuck lever pullups

Chin/pullups:

1X20 chins

1X20 pullups

2X1 one arm chins (yesterday)

Planche:

3X1sec pause straddle planches

Armwrestling:

Pulled for about 30 minutes. Toprolled a lot and did some hooking. My tendinitis was acting up today so I cut the practice short, my friend was getting some good presses on me.

I just couldn't hold the planche today (still sore from gym), but I could rise into position and pause then kind of stall the lowering of my legs. I will do planches on Sunday. I was mistaken climbing trip is NEXT weekend not this weekend I felt stupid :trout. Just chilling on the chins and front levers due to tendinitis. I might go to the rock gym tomorrow. I lifted the 45 hex in these ways multiple times: two hands, first 2 fingers each hand, last 2 fingers each hand, two hands and walk, thumb and index (like a pony clamp), high pull full hands, hex curl two hands. Just testing what I can do with it. I hope that on a good fresh day before I do all that pony work I can break it with both hands no tilt. My friend Zack let me borrow his medium black pony which is super hard, my best attempt got it to a hair width.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Well today I have come to the conclusion that my finger is ready to resume light training. I guess I just got freaked out because it got so swollen and I didn't have a clue what was wrong with it. A little more than a week off was basically just a needed rest :tongue.

Hand: (All grip no set full reps)

LOTS of 45hex work

1X1 medium orange pony

1X24 Trainer reps (LH)

1X29 Trainer reps (RH)

1X15 Trainer clicks (just clicking barely opened)

1X16 Trainer reps (Left)

1X11 Trainer reps (Right)

1X10 Trainer inverted reps left

1X10 Trainer inverted right

1X37sec Trainer hold closed inverted right

1X34sec Trainer hold closed inverted left

1X25sec Trainer hold closed inverted left

2X5 Trainer reps

3X60D hot galvanized (DO DU DU)

LOTS of messing with 25.3lb block

3X1 "finger lever" pushups

1X3sec 2 finger (index/ring) hang 1/2" ledge.........................open hand

Planche:

3X1sec straddle planche pauses

1X1sec straddle planche hold

Chin:

1X2 one arm chins (full chin to halfway down chin right arm)

3X1 one arm chins (left arm)

Front Lever:

2X3sec front lever

2X5sec straddle lever

1X1 straddle lever pullup

Back Lever:

1X4sec wide arm back lever

3X0 Mr T back lever

Iron Cross:

3X5sec touch pullouts

Handstand:

All sorts of break dancing type practice

My friend came over today so we were just having fun lifting stuff in every way possible. Besides the ways I lifted the 45 hex the other day I lifted it with both indexes, both middle fingers, both ring fingers. I also lifted it with one hand and the pinky of the other hand. I carried it about 10ft using just my middle fingers and thumbs of each hand. My friend lifted it almost to full lockout (the normal way with one hand). We did all sorts of fun stuff with the 25.3lb block. We did a half flip to catch and full dead lift to 180 spin catch. Other stuff too but to list all of it would take way too much time.

My finger got kind of swollen after all the grippers, but it is nowhere near as bad as last time. If it doesn't get injured after all that then I say it's good to go. We are going climbing on limestone which means 2 finger pockets so I had to see if I can hang from index/ring and I'm good to go.

I invented (I think?) a new exercise to help me with wrist curls since I have no plates. I call them "finger lever" pushups, It's where you get your fingers all together (no thumb is used) and put the fingertips on the floor, angle the hand at 45 degrees (just the tips in contact with the floor) and have the wrist perpendicular to the ground. This is all done in a pushup position and after the starting position is achieved you do pushups. It is as if you were doing a fingertip pushup with your fingers together and no thumb.

My wrist strength is still not good enough to do a Mr T back lever although I was closer than last time I tried. I am putting in a good HARD planche workout tomorrow. I hope to get a solid 2 second planche really soon, I am fed up with this skill. Ever since I was 6 years old I looked at the guys doing planches and put the planche on a pedistal, now I can almost do one but there is still the mental barrier of actually doing a skill that I thought was superhuman at one point.

Nice workouts man, I was into gymnastics for a while, but when I got to about 6'5 220, most of that kinda went out the window LOL (still could do a tuck planche though!) I used to climb too, but with my shoulder the way it is, I can't do that either for more than 5 minutes :( Oh yeah, and mullets rock too :D

Man if you ever get a full planche at 6'5" you will be one strong dude!

Hell yeah mullets rock :cool

Hand:

5X60D hot galvanized (DO DU DU DU DU)

1X1 40lb wrist roller extensor style

Handstand:

1X1 full range handstand pushup (chest to table)

1X10sec wide arm handstand

Planche:

6X1sec straddle planche hold

5X4sec straddle planche attempts

5X7sec straddle planche attempts

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

1X30 ball planche pushups

1X20 ball planche pushups

1X15 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X5 ball planche pushups

5X5 planche lean pushups

6X10sec planche leans

Maltese:

6X10sec maltese leans

Toe:

1X45sec toe stand

lots of toe walking

1X1:00 toe stand

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Hard planche workout. I wasn't satisfied with the straddle planche today, I just felt tired. Easy full range handstand pushup. Hand feels fine, no swelling in the finger. Forearm is sore from all the reps. I wanted to do more wide arm handstands, but my shoulder is not doing so well from hard planche workouts for 2+ months.

I did a set of 60 clicks on the Trainer each hand just before I went to bed last night so I didn't post it up.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Dude, you must have some strong abs judging by all the ab work you do.

Bodyweight stuff is cool, just yesterday I realized I was finally strong enough (and not fat enough) to do at lease *some* BW stuff. I'll do pull-ups (pronated and supinated grip) and dips at least.. not many though, but it's a start.

You did a chin with a 95 person hanging from your back? Cool. How much do you weight?

Have you ever tried bicep curls? You could probably curl your BW :P

I weigh anywhere from 140lbs to 150lbs depending on whether I am eating right at the time. I weighed about 143lbs when I chinned that girl. I have never really trained bicep curls, but I doubt I could curl my weight :ohmy. Dips and Chins are excellent bodyweight exercises, with lower reps possible than the other exercises they are more strength based.

I have been slacking off for a few days, but I'll just go ahead and call them rest days :yikes.

Abs:

Front lever:

1X5sec straddle lever

Frenchies:

1X5 frenchies

Armwrestling:

Pulled maybe 30mins toproll and hook

I worked hard on pulling exercises yesterday and got 32 chins and 29 pullups. I did lots of levering with the 12lb sledge. Grippers tomorrow, starting on monday me and my friend Zack are racing to the #2 so I'll be putting up some serious gripper workouts.

Too darn busy today for any serious workout. I'm studying for the SAT and I've got all my AP class work on top of that so I just threw in a set of frenchies and called it a day.