Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

I'll get working on that :D

I'm going to church tomorrow to thrash my sisters ex-boyfriend at armwrestling. He's always talking trash to me because he's 200+lbs and I'm 140lbs we'll see how tough his armwrestling is :shifty. He did beat me last time, but he faked me out and I climbed for an hour then was dumb enough to try him after climbing while I was still pumped.

Hand:

3X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X10sec small red pony hold closed

1X1 SMALL RED PONY (LH)

1X10 medium red ponies

Toe:

1X1:00 toe stand

2X30sec toe stand

1X10ft toe walk

1X30sec toe crimp

I took a rest day for the body and hand, I just finished up my extensors from last night. I CLOSED THE SMALL RED PONY CLAMP WITH ONE THUMB! The one thing I seem to excel at is thumb strength stuff. We thumb wrestled at school legit style where somebody holds your wrist down so you cannot wiggle your arm around. My thumb's lateral strength was just too much for everyone, I just came in sideways and pinned them. Once they were down I turned on the juice and they're not moving. My thumbs extensor must be pretty decent too because I could escape pretty decent :tongue.

Been a while since I've done toe stuff. I did a bit of stretching too since it's my rest day. I hope I can school that dude tomorrow, otherwise....:erm

Wish I had guys to armwrestle. I mean weak guys I could beat. I tried to beat a 200+ lber @ work the other day and he smoked me. Go kick some big guy butt for us little guys!

:mosher Got him :mosher

Hand:

10X5sec wrist curl gripper holds with store gripper (40lb 3.5"er is dead now)

Some #2 work

5 sweeps on #3 (not even to //)

Some front levering with 12lb sledge

1X2 medium orange pony

Pushups:

1X1 one arm pushup (left arm....real easy)

At school some chick wanted to know if I could do a one arm pushup. I did one in perfect form except for my legs being slightly apart which in my mind negates a successful one arm pushup, but it was a crowd pleaser.

Armwrestled my sisters ex-boyfriend......SCORE ONE FOR THE LITTLE MAN :rock. That dude got HUGE since the last time I saw him. At least 230lbs. This was a street style match. He hit hard off the go and rocked me off balance, but I held him. I waited a bit since I wasn't trying my hardest until I felt an ease in his attack then I gave it my all and took him down smooth. When I saw him I was like aww son that boy got big, I'm in for a struggle. Total match time ~15seconds.

:mosher:rock:mosher

Yeah! Way to crush him! Did he have anything to say afterwords?

NOTE: there are now three #1's in the system. If I do not say "easy #1" I am refering to the beast #1 that we had originaly.

"Wow! Good match man, I haven't been beaten in years."

I took down another 200+ at school today. My friend is getting into grip and armwrestling and I told him I didn't want to pull today, but he insisted so I gave him all of 2 seconds (left), I usually let him pull as hard as he can in all positions first.

Hand: (RH/LH)

10X1 black store gripper close in wrist curled position

100 total #1 closes (never includes the other listed stuff)

2X20 #1 clicks

2X1 #1 slow close (7sec close)

1X1 #1 inverted no set (left)

Timed dime holds: 13/15....16/16.....10/11.....12/16....15/10.....10/11

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

6X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

Handstand:

1X1 diamond handstand pushup (like diamond pushups, except handstand)

Got the diamond handstand pushup, which I couldn't do a few days ago. I was going to slowly work up to 100 reps a night, but due to my friend being about to beat me to the #2 I am doing tonight and tomorrow 100 reps then resting through the weekend and starting #2 negatives and and #3 work and all the hard stuff. The #1 stuff included maybe 25 no sets and no set doubles, sets of five CCS reps, and various combinations of triples and whatever. I cannot believe my friend is beating me, there is no way he is working this hard!

Planche stuff felt weak......24 days left until the first meet and I NEED that straddle planche. My back is still preventing abs work.

I lent my #2 to a climber friend and he closed it in less than two weeks. Took me a year+ (almost two years?, not sure) before I got it! Lent it to another climber friend. One week. I hate everyone.

How did you learn to armwrestle? Always been good?

I really don't know why I ever asked anyone to armwrestle, or even where I learned the term, but I've been armwrestling peeps at school pretty regularly since at least 1st grade. I have always seemed to have a natural strength for it. I have limited experience at tournament style armwrestling (I have only pulled on a table once), pretty much all I know is the moves and theoretically how to do them. I do have lots of experience at "street style" armwrestling and am pretty decent at that.

Hand:

100 total #1 closes

10X1 wrist curl store gripper closes

1X1 two finger (mid/ring) monkey bar traverse (3sec pauses in one arm lockoff on the 2 fingers)

1X100 store gripper

1X3 store gripper ponies

1X5sec Trainer inverted two fingers hold closed (ring/pinky)

some levering

Some climbing training

see armwrestling

Iron Cross:

1X1 iron cross-olympic cross touch set

1X5sec iron cross touch

Chin/pullups:

7X1 one arm chins (2 of which with 7lb climbing rope)

1X32 chins

1X30 pullups

1X15 Mr T chins

Armwrestling:

Armwrestled my friend street style (the one that is good at armwrestling) once right arm and twice left arm. These were 3 minute plus matches each. Right arm was a struggle, I kept a strong wrist but let it go into a deep hook where we went back and forth gaining and losing advantage until I pulled him over and down. Left arm I had a stronger wrist and got way better hand position in both matches. I didn't let this go into a hook because my hand had such control over his hand. The first match was pretty fast compared to how long our matches usually last. The second was hard fought, but I had the advantage the whole time and eventually put him down.

The #1 closes were slightly wider than parallel reps and mostly in sets of 5. Really tough, I didn't think I could make it, but my friend (the one I was armwrestling) kept pushing me through it. I did some over crushes and thought they could be beneficial to my training so I will start to incorporate those. Chins are feeling strong! I am starting to worry that I have damaged my back in a bad way, it has been more than a week and I still cannot move freely without pain :help.

November 18, 2006

Well back felt better today so I decided I would do the abs despite what discomfort I felt and see how it affected me tomorrow. Resting hands today and tomorrow then starting the #2 negatives phase.

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

2X45sec ball planche

Squats:

1X20 slow squats

I did a lot of stretching and stuff before each set of abs to get my back nice and warmed up. The planche stuff didn't feel half bad, I think I can still get a solid straddle planche by the first meet. If I am to do that though I have to do something to strengthen myself in a hurry, I can hold a straddle planche for a little bit, but not near as long as I want to. I was pretty stiff when I started stretching so I did a set of 20 slow squats to limber myself up a bit.

Back hurts a bit, but I'm not sure if it hurts bad enough to keep resting it, I'll do another couple days of abs and see where I'm at. Supposed to be a rest day, but my friend (#2 closer) came over so you know we had to grip :tongue. Lots of stretching though.

Hand:

3X1 tennis balls (2 thumbtack holes next to eachother)

3X1 yellow nails (DU all the way :rock)

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DU)

1X20 frog presses

2X1 finger lever pushups

Taking a rest day pretty much. No climbing today, but God willing I will do it tomorrow. I am convinced that John Brookfield could tear tennis balls and if he couldn't someone else could, because while I can't tear them with just one pinhole with two side by side I could get them. Still pretty tough for me though, but for someone with strong hands I'm sure they could get it without any pinholes.

The 60D felt like it wasn't even there so I let my friend persuade me into trying a yellow. I TOOK THAT THING DOWN IN LESS THAN 15 SECONDS :rock :rock. Double Underhand the whole way with my tongs.com snake bag as padding (it has lots of holes in it now from nails). My friend got the 5/16(?) X 6" bolt, so I just can't catch up with that guy! I did kink the bolt though, maybe if I had tried that instead of a yellow I would have got it.

Goal Accomplished

Nov 20, 2006

Since I bent the yellow nail yesterday I decided to give myself a little reward and walked to the hardware store to get a 12" spike.

Hand:

Climbed lots of stuff.

levered in the front only for a bit

12" spike bent to 60 degrees over knee.

I'm not sure if the 12" spike is hand or whatever, but since its bending I'll list it under hand. Holy birthday cake that spike is hard. As I've mentioned before I don't have any pads, so I broke out a towel and started cranking on it. I took it to 60 degrees fairly easily. Then I posted it over my thigh to crush it down (like I've seen in videos) and the damn thing went through the towel and stabbed me in the leg!

I'm a reasonable fellow, the spike got me, so I'll let it live until tomorrow and I'll post it on the leg that's not hurt :devil.

Spike 1-0.

Spike 2-0 GAME. I guess it anealed or something because I cannot budge it anymore.

Hand:

10X1 #1 CCS

1X1 #1 NS

1X1 #1 inverted NS (left)

5X1 #2 NEGATIVES

50 #2 no set sweeps to 3/4" (about 10 were 11/16")

5X1 #1 7sec overcrush as hard as possible

1X10 store gripper wrist curl reps

Planche:

6X5sec straddle planche attempt

2X45sec ball planche

3X5sec bent arm planche

10X7sec bent arm straddle planche

MANY attempts at bent arm planche press handstand

Planche felt weak as ever. I watched a video online somewhere of a chump claiming to have a straddle planche, and when I watched it he was doing this bent arm nonsense. I would rate a bent arm straddle planche to take maybe 1/2 the strength of a straddle planche maybe less. A bent arm full planche was a little more difficult, but still nowhere near the caliber of a straight arm straddle planche! On a side note a bent arm full planche press to handstand is very hard and I would say probably harder than a straddle planche.

I almost held the #2 shut on the 2nd and 3rd negative.

Strong work man. Nice job on the bend, good to meet a goal eh? I never would have tried ripping a ball I may have to give it a shot.

Your fingers will be really sore the next day! Yeah the yellow nail domination was great, and totally unexpected. Last time I tried it I could barely kink it, and then this time I just owned it in 15secs.

Completely forgot to post up my abs from yesterday. Been so long since I have done them, and it was real late last night.

Abs: (from yesterday)

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Back is not really too much better. It still hurts when I train, but I have a meet December 9th and I'm not ready for it. I have given it as much time as I can afford, but I have to get training pain or no pain.

Starting wednesday I went to Oklahoma to visit with family for Thanksgiving. I did a couple days of abs and some very light gripping with a store gripper. I worked the planche and maltese very hard for two days in a row. The school across the street had a parallel bars in the playground so I hit some half routines and the like on it, the bars were spaced to the EXACT distance that I set mine. Back in town now Training resumes tomorrow.

On a more positive note I went bouldering at Chandler Park in Tulsa. I think I am either going to

A) convert a matress into a crash pad

B) buy some climbing shoes so I don't land barefoot on broken glass

C) man up and boulder that stuff padless and barefoot

It was some awsome climbing. Climbs so easy that you could climb them with ovenmits on to climbs that are V12. Some of that stuff was pretty high too. When I went to Turtle Lake in Colorado I wasn't really afraid to fall off of anything, but at Chandler the stuff is pretty high. But if you aren't man enough to boulder that high there is also plenty of low to the ground stuff that is pretty cool, but you'll miss out on some sweet stuff. I was campusing this roof and one of the holds I matched on broke so I cased it on the rock below then rolled down the hill. Nice people there though checking to see if I was alright and stuff. Doesn't really agree with barefoot chalkless peeps though, that limestone (I believe it was) was just slippery to sweaty hands. I got stumped on A LOT of the topouts and had to down climb or risk a broken ankle or some other gymnastics season ending injury (no spotter). I thought the topout would be my strongest part considering my pressing strength, but this was not the case on overhung climbs where I could not just place my feet and hop up on top. I realize now that I was not thinking through the problem and all I had to do was throw a heel hook over the lip and climb up, something that I have practiced extensively on all kinds of ledges but I was in a rush to check out every climb possible and was just not thinking clearly (only had like 30 mins to see what I could see and climb whatever).

Chandler Park was a blast and given the proximity to my relatives house I think that I will be making many trips up there.

4 hours at the rock gym today. They took down my boulder project that remains unsent (by me) so I had to find a new one which I did not find. There are a few problems that I cannot do, but I didn't find any that I liked so I hopped back on the vertical crack, once again empty (never seen anyone even attempt it ever). After maybe three trys I finally sent it. I was botching the hand jams (thumbs up tucked across palms, fingers pressing hard on sides of crack) at the top, and that was all that was messing me up. Finally figured out how to jam them decent enough to make the moves to the top. The size of the crack at the top was just the right size to make jams very difficult, too small for a fist and too big for a good handjam. To top it off the feet that you have is the ringlock size crack while you are jamming the off hands.

The crack goes from thumbs up handjams to thumbs down handjams to ringlocks to off hands. You work a little bit of everything. I also found, on the way home, a building offwidth crack. I love offwidth since it requires brute gymnastics strength and not so much handstrength and is a more natural type of climb for me.

On a grave note: Jimmy Ray died friday. I only met him a few times, but he was a really awesome dude. He was a climber and established many routes in the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. He was also a fellow herpetologist, and spoke at a herpetology meeting I went to and is even mentioned in quite a few books (rock climbing and herpetology). My prayers go out to him and his family.

Rest In Peace Jimmy, you really inspired me.

:cry

Edited by Ivarboneless

Nov 27, 2006

Two hours of gymnastics.

Hand:

5X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X50 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1:00 hold with 6 bands

lots of thumb revolutions in sand bucket

index/pinky/ring/mid isolation rotations in sand bucket

some front levering with 12lb sledge

2X60D hot galvanized (DO DU)

1X1 yellow nail (DU kink to 30 then DO)

3X1 #1 No Set

2X1 #1 inverted No Set (left)

1X1 #2 attempt to hold closed (1/32 (?) right and 1/16 (?) left)

2X4 medium orange ponies

1X3 medium orange ponies

2X2 medium orange ponies

1X1 medium orange ponies

3X1 small red ponies (RH)

Pushups:

1X10 slow pushups

1X25 slow pushups

Abs:

My hand was not fully rested to get that yellow nail again, so I used a hybrid DU DO to get it. I think I will rest my wrists until after my gymnastics meet and then give the 60D bright common a go. Hand felt really wasted this morning, but after school it felt really alive and kicking so I decided to do a few closes on the #1 to see where I am at. My right hand just slammed it shut from a no set, this is the beast #1 I don't train on the wussy #1's because I can CCS them with 2 fingers and I think they are pretty much worthless except to do that kind of training or train for the real #1, and closing it pretty solid with my left. The entire close was just strong and in charge right handed and left the sweep was real strong until maybe 1/8" when it slowed and eased in to touch.

Thumbs were pretty strong and my right hand dominated the small red pony. really close to holding the #2 shut, probably the next workout if I warm up right it will be held shut. Gymnastics sucked due to my injured back, and to make it worse practice tomorrow too. The individual finger rotations did not seem to do too much good except for the index/pinky fingers, the rest just felt like they were going through the motions.

Two hours of gymnastics. Back felt better, but I tried to stay on pommels as long as I could. Meet is not on the 9th like I thought it is this friday! Probably no straddle planche, but I seem to gain enormous strength at meets so I might just break it out if I feel strong.

Hand:

10X1 #1 (No sets and CCS)

2X1 #1 no set inverted (LH)

3X5sec #1 over crush

2X1 #3 sweep to 1 3/8"

5X1 #2 negatives

3X1 medium orange ponys

Pushups:

1X10 slow pushups

Rafters: (yesterday at gym)

1X2 rafter chins

1X2 rafter steps with easy 5sec hand at end (very solid steps)

My friend is REALLY close to the #2 and I risk losing the race if I don't start training harder. From a no set he gets the gripper to 1/4" but he can't get it any closer using a parallel set so I think the close is his weak point. The other friend in the race gets the #2 to 1/4" also but from CCS. As for me I take it to 1/4" from parallel set or CCS, so we're all sort of even. Rafter steps were solid, I would've taken those steps over a 1000ft drop. Gym is not letting me train grip as much as I'de like, but I'm a gymnast before a gripster.

Three hours of gymnastics.

Hand:

3X1 #3 sweeps to 1 3/8"

1X1 #1 CCS

1X5 Trainer 2 finger (index/mid) no set

5X1 Trainer closes with index finger half off the top of handle

2X1 Trainer inverted 2 finger closes index/mid

5X1 Trainer grinds

Gymnastics training was hard enough and I didn't feel like torturing my hands today.

Meet today:

1st place Pommel Horse

1st place Still Rings

4th place Vault

1st place All Around

I'm #1 :D

good meet, lots of my teamates won and placed well.

Training has paid off! Well done.

Meet today:

1st place Pommel Horse

1st place Still Rings

4th place Vault

1st place All Around

I'm #1 :D

good meet, lots of my teamates won and placed well.

Nice job man! Aside from vault! :tongue:rock

Yeah Vault could have been better, in warmups I was sticking it then I took a step in the meet :whacked.

12/3/06

Went to Jimmy Forester's memorial at the rock gym and climbed a bit. I guess that gym is where the good climbers train, and I can see why it is a better gym than the one I go to. The ratings are more real and they have more crack climbs, I may switch gyms or at least mix it up a bit.

Hand:

5X1 #2 attempts from around CCS

Climbing at the gym

a few small red pony attempts

1X100 black store gripper (keep forgeting to add this)

I successfully climbed the wide hands vertical crack in three tries. The third attempt took forever because I got stalled in this one spot trying to figure out how to jam the next little section. I got really pumped on this one. I climbed around on some other stuff, and I really like the way the gym is layed out and all, the style of climbs they have and the holds they use are different than the gym I currently go to.

Edited by Ivarboneless

My friend is REALLY close to the #2 and I risk losing the race if I don't start training harder. From a no set he gets the gripper to 1/4" but he can't get it any closer using a parallel set so I think the close is his weak point. The other friend in the race gets the #2 to 1/4" also but from CCS. As for me I take it to 1/4" from parallel set or CCS, so we're all sort of even. Rafter steps were solid, I would've taken those steps over a 1000ft drop. Gym is not letting me train grip as much as I'de like, but I'm a gymnast before a gripster.

Sounds interesting. If you use the gripboard and they don't you're 2 steps ahead though. Keep training hard!

I'm doing my best to train hard, but I don't want to push it too much because I have pain in my knuckles again :help. Seems like I am getting stronger pretty fast now that I have started negatives, but I don't want to talk too much smack.

Hand:

1X6 #1 CCS reps (RH) these were clicking :rock

2X3 #1 CCS reps (LH)

1X1 #1 no set

5X1 CCS #1

3X1 hardly any set #1

5X7sec #1 overcrush (left hand was grinding these)

1X7 medium orange ponys (BIG PR almost doubled it 4 to 7)

1X3 medium orange ponies

3X1 medium orange ponies

1X2 medium orange ponys

1X1 medium black pony

1X1 red pipe thing bent arms straight out (couldn't do this over summer...PR)

1X1 kink pussy 16D with thumbs barehanded

5X1 #2 negatives

10X1 #3 sweeps to 1 3/8" from no set

1X3 #2 sweeps to 3/4" from no set

5X1 #2 sweeps to 1/2" from no set

10X1 #2 attempts from CCS to around 1/4"

2X1 medium orange pony close and hold until opened past //

Handstand:

1X1 hollow body headstand slow press to handstand

2X30sec handstand focus on form

Planche:

2X45sec ball planche

Pushups:

1X10 slow pushups

1X5 slow pushups

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Planche is still weak as ever :cry. I need to get back in shape from freaking thanksgiving, I'm about 7lbs heavy and I think that is holding my planche down. Hand on the other hand (:D) is feeling really strong. The sweeps on the #3 to 1 3/8" really improved my #2 game.....seriously after like 3 workouts there is a big noticeable difference. I need to work my close though, I can no set it down pretty close to where I can MMS it and I can CCS it to the exact same as I can MMS it. It just feels in general a little more spongy and less overwhelming, it will come soon.....hopefully before Christmas so I can show off my gripstrength to the farmer side of the family :shifty.

Thumb is strong! I even hit the black pony. Medium orange pony is easy for me now. The ponyclamps are one thing I dominate my #2 closing friend at, it seems like everytime I do something he can duplicate it but I am at least three clamps ahead of him :yikes.

Abs workout was hard....taking too much time off.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Dec 5, 2006

People are starting to get intrested in armwrestling at school! Armwrestling matches break out at lunch randomly. My friend (the one listed in all my armwrestling workouts) made a $10 bet with someone that he could beat the 330lb lineman on the football team (friend weighed 178lbs today). The 330lber hold all of the schools lifting records I think, deffinately squat and bench. My friend had to much pride to toproll him so he took the beast IN A HOOK and pinned him to the lunch table winning $10. Last time my friend and I trained I was winning both left and right arms (and I won left twice today) so I think I may bet someone $50 (odds way against me).

Hand:

1X2 #1 barely set reps

1X7sec #1 overcrush

2X1 #1 with three fingers

10X1 #1 barely set

armwrestled friend twice left

2X1 medium orange pony

1X5sec hold closed with small red pony

2X1 #2 no set sweep to 1/2"

1X1 #2 CCS attempt to 1/4"

5X5sec hangs from stopsign pole with one hand (7" circumference)

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Pull/Chinups:

1X30 chins Missed 32 so rest 5 seconds finish 32

1X29 pullups Missed 30 so rest 5 seconds finish 30

Pullups and chinups weren't weak exactly, but I just didn't really feel like pushing it too hard. I asked saint nick for a 120lb anvil for christmas and I would really like to be able to lift it. I figured that hanging from a thick pole would mimic the lifting of an anvil. The circumference of an anvil horn I believe is 9" so I can hang 140lbs from a 7" circumference for 5 seconds no chalk (if that matters) so I figure I would be getting pretty close to lifting a decently heavy anvil, BUT I could deffinately be wrong.......hell I thought I could close #2 when I got it....and bend yellow.....and pinch 45hex to full lockout....you see my point :tongue. I haven't done decent abs in over a week.

ABS WERE SORE this means the world is coming to an end

Three hours of gymnastics.

Hand:

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DO)

Pushups:

1X15 slow pushups

Rafters: (at gym)

2X2 full range rafter chinups

1X3 rafter chinups with 5 sec hang at bottom

some rafter hanging from bottom position

The rafter stuff feels really strong! I tried a single rafter hang, but that is still way out of my league. From what I saw today at school of my friends attempts on the #2 and my attempts I think I have pulled ahead :mosher. Rest day from grippers maybe start again tomorrow, but I strained my wrist by armwrestling really hard then doing #1 stuff so I may take a few days off and just do pinch or something.

Note: I train both hands equally unless I state otherwise with (LH), (RH) ect. I also always do the same # of reps with each hand even if it takes more sets with the other hand.