Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

Well, I don't know what the heck is wrong with me but my strength moves were not up to par. No straddle planche. Front lever felt weak as did back lever. No wide arm handstand. I made the mandatory hold times for these skills because I usually hold them for 5sec when 2 sec is required.

All Around: 6th

There was some seriously good competition at this meet. I didn't place in the top 8 on any event, but I must have placed top 10 in all of them because I got 6th all around.

I think at the regional meet the top 6 go to state......I finished top 6 at this meet and my coach said that this meet was pretty much the regional meet, so maybe I have a chance of going to state!

I've got to shout out a thanks to Raziel. Beastskills.com gave me the one armed elbow lever idea and it turns out that it added a much needed B to my floor routine, and nobody else competes it so it also gave me the "WOW" factor. Time to work on getting the one armed elbow lever 1/2 twist press to handstand consistant as that's a C. Thanks Jim.

Boneless,

Perhaps after keeping such a great record of your workouts you might print out this log, start to finish, place it in a three ring binder for your own records. If you already have I did not mean to insult your intelligence.

-Sean

You know, I didn't realize it until just now, but I've gained 25lbs and increased my strength dramatically since I started this log last May.

smp: I never really thought about printing it out before....I just always figured I could just access it here. I guess having a spare on paper would be a good idea though.

One hour of gymnastics.

Hand:

2X10 #1 (normal #1) no set removing fingers (RH)

4X5 #1 no set (normal #1) removing fingers (LH)

1X5 #1 (normal #1) inverted no set (LH)

1X1 #1 (normal) close 2 fingers MMS (LH)

2X1 #1 3 finger no set

5X1 #1 no set

2X1 #2 close wider // (RH)

Many #2 attempts left

3X1 #2 negatives (2nd negative RH held closed for 5sec)

5X1 #3 sweep to 1.25"

Trainer reps 25(RH) /30(LH) no set removing fingers

Trainer inverted reps 30 no set

1X30sec Trainer no set hold closed

At gym:

Front levers strong

A dude on the team said that my iron cross (held for 3sec) is now competable

1X1 full range handstand pushup on high parallel bars touching shoulders

many muscle ups

March 3, 2007

Two hours of gymnastics. Once again my Iron Cross is strong. Worked a lot of floor.

After gym I went Parkouring for around an hour, pretty fun.

Planche:

1X10sec advanced tuck planche

5X3sec straddle planche

5X1 frog stand 3sec press to frog planche 3sec

Messed around in planches

Iron Cross:

10X1 lower as far as possible hold 3sec

2X3 Iron cross (3sec) press out feet supported in an L

1X4 Iron Cross (3sec) pressout feet supported in an L

1X5 Iron Cross (3sec) pressout feet supported in an L

1X20sec Iron cross touch

2X5 Iron cross touch (3sec) pressout

Leg:

Ran 2 miles

Oddly enough the running was no more difficult now than it was last year when I was running every other day, and I haven't ran for many months (I don't know how many), maybe 6. I felt pretty comfortable running at the same pace that I did months ago, it must be all the floor we've been doing at the gym.

I have started running again because my father and I are planning on going backpacking again this summer. Last summer I was in good enough shape, but we only stayed up there for two days. This time we are going out for a week. Time to start training for that....god I hate running.

Iron Cross is feeling strong, Planche was feeling strong, it was a good day.

March 4, 2007

Supposed to be a rest day, but everytime my friend comes over I can't seem to take a rest day!

Hand:

4X1 TT (DU)

1X1 yellow nail easily (DU) with no pain

1X20 Trainer no set

JAcked around with trainer, 2 finger no sets and the like

see climbing

Abs:

1X150 slow legs rasied head to knees situps

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

Climbing:

Spent maybe an hour tree climbing. This is not climbing using the limbs as holds rather the little crimps on the bark and such. Nailed this campus problem after frickin 10 tries or something. Hit this dyno we invented last year no problem. Climbed probably our hardest tree route 3rd try. On my 1st attempt I hit this crazy pinch on this little nob and barely held it (feet were off) and almost nailed it that attempt.

Leg:

1 mile walk

Pushups:

1X30 slow pushups

Moved furinture all day. My pecs are really sore from the Iron Cross work, and my lats are decently sore but not too bad. Ab pain is still bugging me. Next meet is in three weeks and I want to compete my IRON CROSS!

I bent for the 1st time in a LONG time. I was injured the day that I bent the 60D bright common and 60D hot galvanized, it hurt to even press my thumb lightly on something. I've been chilling waiting for that to heal up. Now I've bent a yellow nail with no more pain than usual, so I think I can ease back into it. Whew I thought I was injured permanently when I got it, it didn't seem to get any better at first.

March 5, 2007

Hand:

3X10 Trainer no set

4X1 #2 close wider // (RH) (last close held for 10sec)

4X1 #2 close inverted (LH)

2X3 #1 no set

Back:

1X150 reverse leg lifts

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X250 V-ups

Leg:

walked two miles

March 6, 2007

Hand:

3X1 #1 no set

1X10 Trainer no set

see armwrestling

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

Leg:

1 mile walk

Armwrestling:

Armwrestling club met today, we were supposed to have this lady come in and tell us about an armwrestling tournament our school has decided to do but she canceled at the last minute and said she'd be there next week. Undefeated again. Many long matches. My #2.5 closing friend and I purposely get in rediculously long matches to build endurance. I keep getting taken off balance first, crap, he doesn't usually get me too far off balance but he does take me off balance anyway which is NOT good at all if you are armwrestling these big weightlifters at my school (tricep power). I also keep getting sucked into a deep hook, I used to be able to force my opponent to keep a flat hand against me (and still can with most people), but with my #2.5 closing friend he gets a half hook on me pretty easily because of his long forearms so I have to go into the deep hook to keep leverage even. I'm good in the hook, but I'd like to practice other types of matches to!

Good day. Had to rush to get my abs done.

Some football player at my school told me that he held a TWENTY MINUTE iron cross comfortably......What a liar, I think I'll have to crush him at armwrestling soon.

Three hours of gymnastics.

At the gym:

I climbed the rope with my palms facing away (thumbs towards the floor) because someone posted that if you were strong enough it would be a good toproll exercise.

Rafter pinching at gym felt really solid. It felt like just hanging from a bar.

Forearms are sore from armwrestling and so are deltoids. Front levers at gym were strong.

Good day at gym. Forearms were really sore, but I worked through it. I don't know about the thumbs down rope climbing, next practice I'll climb the rope ten times and see if I feel any toproll similar muscle patterns.

Thursday March 8, 2007 I had one of my friends come over for armwrestling practice. We armwrestled and played around with some grip stuff

Highlights:

1X1 rafter chin from 3" thick rafter 16" apart

1X1 12lb sledge lever to face (RH & LH)

March 9, 2007

Went to the gym for three hours. Really tired. Straddle planche was solid 3secs. Iron cross was nice and solid. Front lever, back lever, everything was strong. Worked a lot of floor.

Everything was going great at the gym.

March 10, 2007

2 hours at gym.

Ran two miles

March 11, 2007

Yard work.

Hand:

3X1 TT DU

2X1 TT arms out front whole way

1X1 yellow nail DO (kinked a few degrees arms out front)

3X5" lift 45lb hex block (getting some air under these!)

3X1 #2 close (RH)

1X1 #2 close (LH)

1X1 #2 close inverted (LH)

see rafters

Rafters:

Clowned around on 3" thick 16" apart rafters. Including many hangs at 90 degrees for 5 or so seconds (easily) and many attempts at taking a 12" step. Highlight was a three second rafter straddle front lever.

Front lever:

2X4sec front lever (2nd front lever was with perfect form)

3X8sec straddle lever

Abs:

Hand:

5X1 #2 close wider // (RH)

2X1 #2 close (LH)

2X10sec #2 hold closed (RH)

Many #2 attempts (LH)

10X1 #3 sweep to 1.25"

1X5 #2 sweep to 1/4"

1X20 Trainer no set

1X15 Trainer no set

1X40 Trainer no set

1X40 Trainer no set inverted

2X1 small red pony with one thumb

1X1 small red pony (LH)

5X10sec small red pony hold closed

1X2 one hand wrist curl 40lbs (LH)

Curl:

1X2 hammer curls 40lbs (LH)

Leg:

Walked 4 miles

Toe:

Some toe walking and standing

Climbed a nice tree route. Good day at gym. Starting to hit the grippers hard again since apparently the CCS strength is not just going to come to me like I hoped.

I went to Wal-Mart and they only had up to 40lb dumbells. I hit it for 2 super easy hammer curls left handed and two super easy wrist curls same hand. I have high hopes that I can wrist curl a 100lber in each hand because that 40 felt like no weight at all. I also wonder what my max curl would be, I was good for AT LEAST 10 hammer curls left handed with that 40. Once again I never train with weights, so any strength I have is carry over from gymnastics.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Hand:

2X1 #2 close (RH)

a few #2 attempts left

1X30 Trainer

1X30 inverted Trainer

5X1 #2 negatives

5X1 #2 inverted negatives

5X5sec small red pony held closed 1 thumb

Iron Cross is so close now. My coach gave me the "Oh my god, you are so close" which means that I'm actually close because my coach tells it like it is. Hard practice! I'm very tired. I was suprised that I could close the #2 at all today, maybe I'm getting stronger :shifty.

Just got back from seeing the no fear music tour :mosher.

Hand:

2X1 #2 close (RH)

A little bit of jacking around with grippers

3X5sec small red pony held closed 1 thumb

Abs:

Leg:

walked 3 miles

Handstand:

1X8sec wide arm handstand

Mosh:

Moshed a good 20mins

No Fear Music Tour = Killswitch Engage, Chimairia, He Is Legend, and Dragonforce. It was frickin sweet. This was my first big show. My friend told me that I've got to get in the mosh pit and I've got to crowd surf. As soon as Killswitch came on we made our way to the pit and got moshing. I wouldn't have figured that it would be such good exercise, but good lord I'm spent. There was some BIG dudes in the pit, but I think I held my own. I did get pretty much mauled by this football player guy, but I managed to keep on my feet and keep shoving. Crowd surfing: I lost my buddy in the pit so he couldn't put me up, I asked a few guys to put me up, but they were no good so I just pretty much climbed up there and got some crowd surfing time. SWEET :rock.

My friend thought I would pussy out and not mosh with the big boys, but I showed him how it's done and stayed in there longer than probably anybody. The music just got me so pumped I felt like throwing something, so I just hopped in that pit and got swinging. The show was tight, I still can't hear very well.

Found out that I missed Lamb of God, Machine Head, and Trivium when they were here so now I'm bummed.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Just got back from seeing the no fear music tour :mosher.

Hand:

2X1 #2 close (RH)

A little bit of jacking around with grippers

3X5sec small red pony held closed 1 thumb

Abs:

Leg:

walked 3 miles

Handstand:

1X8sec wide arm handstand

Mosh:

Moshed a good 20mins

No Fear Music Tour = Killswitch Engage, Chimairia, He Is Legend, and Dragonforce. It was frickin sweet. This was my first big show. My friend told me that I've got to get in the mosh pit and I've got to crowd surf. As soon as Killswitch came on we made our way to the pit and got moshing. I wouldn't have figured that it would be such good exercise, but good lord I'm spent. There was some BIG dudes in the pit, but I think I held my own. I did get pretty much mauled by this football player guy, but I managed to keep on my feet and keep shoving. Crowd surfing: I lost my buddy in the pit so he couldn't put me up, I asked a few guys to put me up, but they were no good so I just pretty much climbed up there and got some crowd surfing time. SWEET :rock.

My friend thought I would pussy out and not mosh with the big boys, but I showed him how it's done and stayed in there longer than probably anybody. The music just got me so pumped I felt like throwing something, so I just hopped in that pit and got swinging. The show was tight, I still can't hear very well.

Found out that I missed Lamb of God, Machine Head, and Trivium when they were here so now I'm bummed.

:mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher :mosher

Rocking out is my favorite exercise, lol.

That's where it's at super :rock

Hit some good ring work and armwrestling exercises.

Hand:

random pinching 25.3lb block

2X1 plate curl 25.3lb block

3X1 hammer curl 25.3lb block (PR....FINALLY)

4X1 #3 sweep to 1"

1X100 thumb/index lateral squeezes on ball

lateral squeezes with each finger on ball

1X1 small red pony (LH)

see armwrestling

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold while having 12lb sledge bounced off abs

Handstand:

3X1 jump off 12" bench to the grass hold for 5sec

Iron Cross:

5X5 Iron Cross pressouts with feet supported in L (held 3sec)

10X3sec Iron Cross

3X3sec Iron Cross pressout

1X20sec iron cross touch

1X3sec almost cross with 30 extra pounds

3X3sec Iron Cross rolled back shoulders

Maltese:

5X5sec maltese with feet supported

Bench Press:

3X1 Overhead strict pressed a ~120lb park bench

Leg:

walked all over the place

Armwrestling:

2X50 armwrestle warmup mini matches flat wrist

2X50 armwrestle warmup mini matches hook

2X10sec hook as hard as possible side pressure exercise

2X10sec pull as hard as possible side pressure exercise flat wrist

1X5 Toproll against friend pulling as hard as possible

1X5 toprolled by friend while I pulled as hard as possible (reversed last one)

Neck:

Various leans putting lots of pressure on my neck

Busy day! I think my favorite was strict overhead pressing the park bench. It was crazy trying to shoulder that thing! Iron Cross and maltese training are going to have me sore tomorrow. I worked side pressure a lot with my buddy today, trying to get ready for the upcoming tournament.

Bench Press:

Wow, that's pretty crazy! I wouldn't know where to grab.

Bench Press:

:mosher :mosher :mosher

Don't tell out too loud, someone might be selling special lifting benches from eastern europe in no time.

March 16, 2007

I could feel myself getting sick.......and now I am sick (17th), but I wanted to get in one more good workout before I got too bad.

Hand:

Messed with the 45hex for ~1 hour (5" left 3" right)

hit some 3" thick 16" apart rafter hangs from mid position, easy

2X20 Trainer no set

some rear weaver sticking with 12lb sledge

1X2sec one arm hang on 3/4" ledge.....................half crimp (LH)

Chinups:

2X1 One arm chins

random chinning and one arm lockoffs

Handstand:

2X8 handstand pushups

5X5 handstand pushups

3X2 handstand pushups

1X3 handstand pushups

Leg:

Lots of jumping all week. Been going over to the basketball court and getting rim everyday.

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

Happy with the handstand pushups. Still have yet to break 10 but 2X8 is a PR for me. I am getting close to my goal of a one arm chin of 1/2" ledge I can finally hang from 1 arm on a 3/4" ledge so I am seeing some progress now. Abs work was murder. I think I will switch up my abs routine for a while, I've been doing this one for a long time.

Rafter stuff is feeling stronger and stronger, I really like rafter training it's quite fun and is pretty comfortable on my hands.

Been sick for a few days. I probably won't be posting up very often for a while becuase I have to prepare for AP exams and SAT and the like, so I may have time or I may not I'll see.

March 19, 2007

Two hours of gymnastics. Meet this friday, I want to be strong and compete the straddle planche and the Iron Cross but I wasn't feeling very strong at gym, but I am just recovering from being sick so I hope that's the reason.

Hand:

2X1 #1 close CCS 2 fingers (index/mid)

1X1 #1 no set 3 fingers

1X12 #1 CCS (RH)

2X6 #1 CCS (LH)

1X30sec #1 held closed (RH) ......20sec (LH)

random other gripper work

5X50 extensors with 6 bands

1X100 extensors with 4 bands

5X200 extensors with 3 bands

1X1:00 extensor hold with 6 bands

Planche:

2X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X4sec straddle planche attempts

5X10sec planche leans

Finally hit extensors again :tongue.

Can you touch the rim on a basketball court? Standard 10 feet rim? Aren't you like, very short? :)

Can you touch the rim on a basketball court? Standard 10 feet rim? Aren't you like, very short? :)

Yes I can touch, grab and hang from a standard 10ft rim.

I am 5'10" tall.

Hand:

Various pinching

Various plate curling

Various hammer plate curling

3X5 normal #1 no set

10X1 #1 no set

2X1 normal #1 almost CCS 2 finger close (index/mid)

1X1 normal #1 2 finger close CCS (index/mid)

1X1 #1 no set 3 fingers

1X1 #2 close (Friend's #2)

3X1 #2 close wider than // (RH)

1X1 #2 close (LH)

5X1 #2 held closed as long as possible

5X1 #3 sweeps to 1.25"

see armwrestling

Abs:

1X25 hanging tuck raises

1X15 hanging tuck raises

1X5 hanging tuck raises

1X5 hanging leg raises (for me more like L front lever raises)

Back:

1X2:00 arch hold

Handstand:

1X10sec wide arm handstand

1X5 handstand pushups

Planche:

10X2sec straddle planche

5X15sec advanced tuck planche

6X10sec planche leans

Armwrestling:

armwrestling club, but took it easy and just taught technique really.

Iron Cross:

1X20sec Iron Cross touch

1X10 Iron cross pressouts

1X5sec iron cross between two desks (5" away from center of palm)

Slow day. Went and chilled at a friend's house and could hardly get started training.

Had a gymnastics meet friday.

Floor: 5th

Pommels: 4th

Rings: 3rd

Vault: 3rd

P-bars: 3rd

Highbar: 5th

The meet was a pretty relaxed meet, so after the meet I asked the judge if he could critique my strength skills:

Straddle Planche: 4seconds.......perfect form...he would give no deductions

Straddle front lever: 5seconds.....perfect form....he would give no deductions

Iron Cross: 3seconds.......good form....he would give no deductions!!!!

Hearing that my strength moves would take no deductions from a judge is great news. He said that the Iron Cross could be a tad lower, but I used straight wrists and held solid, so he would not deduct.

I am 5'10" tall.

Skinny, but not short. :tongue

I am 5'10" tall.

Skinny, but not short. :tongue

Yeah, I never replied to that, but he's the same height as me! :) .. Skinnier than me too.... BUT... stronger! :(

I think I'm WAY off from even touching a standard basketball rim at 10"... my jumping STINKS!

Weighed myself yesterday and I'm back down to 147.0lbs :rock. Harder to lose that 3lbs than I thought.

Last night: 2hours of gymnastics

BIG NOTE: ALL PREVIOUS MENTIONS OF "12lb SLEDGE" HAVE BEEN A 10lb SLEDGE.

Hand:

1X3 10lb sledge levers maybe 6" from bottom of handle

1X2 10lb sledge levers end of handle

1X5 front levers 10lb sledge from maybe 12" back

2X1 TT DU

1X1 yellow nail DU

1X5second rafter hang (at gym)

Armwrestling:

Armwrestled some people at school....pretty easy victorys.

Story: My #2.5closing homedog who I train armwrestling with most of the time asked this one dude to armwrestle yesterday morning. I thought maybe this dude could take me as he had a similar build to me (rippedness and muscularly), but was bigger. My friend is not intimidated by anyone though and went over and challenged the guy beating him easily then came back telling me that I had nothing to worry about. Then the whole football team, it seemed like, came over and my friend downed the arms of ~10 of their strongest guys ALL IN A ROW WITH NO REST!!!

Props to you brother :rock. We own the school now :D

I rafter hung on my #2.5 closing friend's SLICK rafters with no chalk the other day, held it 3secs in the bottom position. Meet this thursday and friday. I hope I can peak my strength so that I can compete all my strength moves. Football players said they are coming back on Wednesday, I'll take em out this time.

Sledge Note: The sledge I have, I found in the woods so I didn't know how heavy it was. I weighed it on the scale and it said 12.X lbs so I figured it was a 12lber. My friend bought a 10lb sledge and mine appears to be the same weight, so I have mistakenly been claiming a 12lb sledge lever when actually it was only 10lbs. My apologies.

Edited by Ivarboneless

1 hour of gymnastics.

I was late to practice today because I had English homework to do.

I lost the race to the #2 today!

Crap. I lost. I knew I needed to get my viscious determination and hardcore training back, but with meet season I couldn't force myself to torture my hands like I should have.

Hand:

JAcked around with #1 including 1X1 2 finger close MMS and 1X4 3 finger no set

1X2 10lb sledge lever

1X5 10lb sledge lever 6" from bottom

1X5 front lever 10lb sledge ~12"

Many front weaver sticks 10lb sledge ~16" from head

1X1 10lb sledge rotation ~12"

1X300 reps on store gripper (LH)

Pushups:

1X10 tiger bend pushups

2X1 one arm tiger bend negatives

HAndstand:

5X1 tiger bend negatives

I have mixed feelings about losing the race. I hate losing for one thing....but I love training for climbing (as opposed to grippers) as much as I hate losing. Now I guess I will lightly train grippers, but I will train rock climbing and armwrestling hard.