Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

Leg:

3X1 Ross leg curls! (Ross does these in his new video so I had to try it)

You talking about his bodyweight glute-ham raises, only with a weighted vest as well? :blink

Those are the ones. I figure that the way I did it (bed with someone sitting on it) would make it a bit harder since your legs go to full extension at the bottom and still have to raise your weight, but I may be wrong. Ross is the man! Those were like leg dragon flags.

Rest day today with any luck I will get a good armwrestling session in with my friend tomorrow. Tournament may not happen for me though since I am having trouble lining up a ride.

Hand:

5X200extensors in sand bucket

1X100 extensors in sand bucket (2 bands)

5X20 extensors (5 bands each hand)

1X30sec extensor hold (5 bands each hand)

1X16D (BEAST 16D)

1X60D bright common attempt (wobbled it)

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X230 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X180 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X200 V-ups

1X2:30 hollow hold

Front Lever:

2X3sec Front lever

1X3sec Straddle front lever (Perfect form)

Pretty much a rest day for me. I decided not to up the extensors since I seem to get a good workout anyway, but instead I jumped abs up to where they probably should be. Solid front levers but I was afraid anything over 4secs might start straining my back again so I played it safe at three. This is really pissing me off, a pull from straight body hang into front lever is a C where I compete (and an easy C at that) so it is a pretty important skill, and I can't train it because my back always gets messed up. All my chinning type things make front levers sort of natural for me, but I hate going to meets and counting on my front lever to just be there. At regionals last year it wasn't there and I had to change it to a straddle lever MID ROUTINE....a pathetic B. Straddle lever today was rock solid PERFECT form, my active flexibility is pretty bad so my straddle lever is pretty close to a full lever (if you spread your index and middle fingers to make a peace sign this is my straddle lever). I must have been super tough mentally when I started bending 16D's because this one tonight had me hurting all over. I have always been a fan of little to no padding so I just kind of rolled it a couple times in my shirt and layed into it, I didn't remember it hurting so much (I got it though). In fact when I bend my padding is a tongs.com snake bag (thin cotton).

I read Greg Amidons blog today and I love reading all the stories about him and Dave Morton...funny stuff.

CRAZY day of armwrestling today. My hand was a little bit sore from grippers so I did an ice bath. Grippers tomorrow if I feel strong and if not then bending and if not extensors.

Hand:

hand health stuff

see armwrestling

Abs:

1X230 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X180 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X200 V-ups

Toe:

2X30sec toe stand (I cut the tip of my right toe...these hurt!)

Armwrestling:

I brought a broke down card table to my friends house to pull, I really need to make a table. I figured that since he outweighs me by 40lbs (and we pull all the time) that I need to stay outside and toproll. I stacked my fingers way up on his hand and as soon as the cup hit the floor (we throw a cup to start the match) I back loaded that sucker across the table with all I had.....his hand didn't move and he took me down. We pulled for around three hours and I didn't manage to toproll him once. I tried hooking and pressing and sweeping, but all to no avail, the hook went the best actually. Left arm was a different story though. I toprolled, hooked, swept and pressed my way through every single match. A lot of the matches he would take me over, but I would hold it and pull him over into a hook and finish it. Good practice, but I wish we were a little more evenly matched like we are at "street armwrestling". Three hours of pretty much non stop alternating right and left arm. He only used two strategies with his right arm he just pressed and with his left arm he just toprolled. I blame my inability to take his hand while he was pressing on the fact that the table was really low and you had to squat way down, I am pretty sure that if I could stand up I would be much more effective.

Probably a rest day tomorrow for my arms and maybe my abs. Will try grippers. I have gymnastics, but I don't know if I will go.

No gymnastics. Hands are beat, I will probably rest a week. Total rest day.

all gripping was no set

Hand:

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DO)

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DU)

1X11 Trainer closes (each hand)

1X10 Trainer closes (each hand)

1X10 inverted Trainer closes (left)

1X7 inverted Trainer closes rest 20 then finish 10 (right)

3X1 #1 closes CCS (right hand)

10X #2 squeeze as hard as possible hold for 5 (each hand)

1000 total thumb/index lateral squeezes

Axe levering

Iron Cross:

1X2sec iron cross touch pullout

Rest day for everything except hands. Hands were really sore from everything. I did a lot more closes on the trainer and lots of attempts on the #1 left hand but they were just scattered so I didn't record them. Arms are sore from armwrestling.

Light day for pressing exercises. Hand is still sore, but it still has a whole 6 days left to heal up :tongue. I skipped planche stuff today because my biceps still hurt from pulling the other day.

Hand:

5X200 extensors in sand bucket

1X100 extensors in sand bucket with 2 rubber bands

5X20 extensors (5 bands each hand)

Handstand: (total....50)

2X1 handstand pushup (hollow)

1X1 handstand pushup

1X2handstand pushups

2X3 handstand pushups (1 set hollow)

2X4 handstand pushups (1 set hollow)

1X5 handstand pushups

2X6 handstand pushups

2X7 handstand pushups (missed 8.....again so close)

Pushups:

1X5 one arm pushups (each arm.....almost perfect, just need legs together)

5X20 pushups

1X10 tiger bends

Abs:

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X200 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X200 V-ups

I typed out my handstand pushups and I was like "that's a lot....how much is that?" and it totaled to 43 so I decided to just do 50 so I added a set of 4 and a set of 3. I called up "The Rafter Man" today and we talked for a while about rafter chinning, he had some really helpful training advice for me so I will incorporate that into my training. I can't believe my arms are still sore! I was really pumped up today doing my abs so I jacked those up again although I don't know if those will stay up there. I wanted 3X5 one arm pushups but my deltoids were too sore. Finally got the one arm pushups with near perfect form (just need to close my legs a bit more).

Forgot my to list my Toe stuff last night!

Toe:

2X30sec toe stand

3X10 toe jumps (rise up into toe stand then jump up and down on toes)

3X20sec toe walks

3X1 1 toe negatives (each toe)

2X30 sec toe crimps (on stairs)

1X1 toe walk up stairs

Hard toe workout. One toe stand still seems a mile away.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Today was a really off the wall day. Mr. Johnson suggested that my tendinitis problems may stem from pushing in on the rafters when I chin, and after my pull workout today (with absolutely no pain at all) I have to say that he was right on the money.

Hand:

14X16D weak ones (unplanned, but I needed them for a school project)

5,000 total thumb/index lateral squeezes (REAL BAD pain in my wrist starting at 2,000)

some axe/sledge levering

Axe finger walks (walk fingers down handle)

Chin/Pullups: (Grand Total......250)

1X29 Chins (wait 1 sec finish 30)

1X10 chins

1X1 pullups

1X2 pullups

1X3 pullups

1X4 pullups

1X5 pullups

1X6 pullups

1X7 pullups

1X8 pullups

1X9 pullups

1X10 pullups

1X11 pullups

1X12 pullups

1X13 pullups

1X14 pullups

1X15 pullups

1X16 pullups

1X17 pullups

1X18 pullups

1X19 pullups

1X20 pullups

Front lever:

1X1 Straddle lever pullup

1X3 Straddle lever pullups

1X5 advanced tuck lever pullups

2X5sec straddle lever

3X4sec straddle lever

1X3sec straddle lever

Abs:

1X30sec L-sit

1X30sec tuck L-sit

1X10 Tuck L hold for 2 extend to L repeat

3X200 russian twist

1X10 straight arm hang pull sideways until foot hooks over the railing lifts (straight arms)

1X10 ab circles each direction

1X2minute side plank

1X2 dragon flags (my triceps starting hurting real bad)

Good front lever day. Great pullups day, I borrowed the super ladder thing from smp76's workout log he said he wanted to go from 6-20. I tried to hit the obliques pretty hard today since I didn't feel like following a routine. I am worried about the wrist pain from squeezes I think I will give my hand a rest from those.

Wrist feels better. Went to the store and bought....PONY CLAMPS! I tried to give my thumbs a break, but no go on that.

Hand:

1X100 extensors in sand bucket with 2 rubber bands

5X20 extensors with 5 bands (each hand)

75-100 total ponies with medium red pony (had to use both thumbs)

20+ attempts at the medium orange pony (both thumbs)

15+ attemps at small red pony (each hand)

Levered sledges at the hardware store levered an 8 to the nose a few times

finger walks on sledges of different weights

Planche:

5X4sec straddle planche attempts

6X10sec advanced tuck planche

2X35sec ball planche

1X20 ball planche pushups

1X15 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X5 ball planche pushups

5X5 planche lean pushups

6X10sec planche leans

Maltese:

6X10sec maltese leans

Back:

1X50torso raises

1X50 leg raises

Abs:

1X150 legs raised head to knees situps

1X200 V-ups

3X200 russian twists

I decided to add russian twists to the ab routine. Planche work almost killed me. I am dedicating my pressing days to the planche. I really like pony clamps. Maybe gymnastics tomorrow, I am not sure if I have a ride....

THREE HOURS OF GYMNASTICS TODAY

I made it...YEAH!

Did lots of handstand jumping at the gym, Bouncing off the hot bed and doing a swan dive onto the floor. I hear that Jules Keller could jump off something 9 feet tall, I think I got about three feet of air between my outstretched arms and the floor (don't quote me on that though).

Not really any other exercises today, but I was impressed by my jumping ability because when I first started practicing I could only jump about 6" off a low beam.

Aug/10/2006

Hand is still not up to gripping really....still sore and since I am doing harder work with the #2 I think it's best that I let them rest.

Hand:

2X1 Trainer close (each hand to see if my hand was still bothering me)

5X1 Front lever with 5lb axe held at 31"

1X10 lever to nose 5lb axe held at 31" (HURT my webbing between thumb and index)

2X5 finger walks down 5lb axe (5 done 2 finger split 5 done three finger split)

1X1 5lb axe rotation each side held at 31"

1X3 rear weaver raises and back down 5lb axe 31"

2X5 rotations each side 12lb sledge held at 7"

2X5 lever to nose 12lb sledge 16"

5X1 front lever 12lb sledge 10"

1X1 front weaver 12lb sledge 16" (?)

1X1 rear weaver 16" (?)

see armwrestling

Abs:

Neck:

5X1 rail lifts to headstand (lay on ground tense up and have someone lift you like a log by your feet until you are in a headstand...STRAIGHT BODY no cheating now :tongue)

Armwrestling:

My friend came over and we pulled for maybe 5hrs. Finally started sinking that right arm toproll. He beat me the first two right arm, but then I found my groove with the toproll and I don't think he beat me after that. I think it was just the table we were using last time. Left arm was about even I could beat him in a hook, so I did my best toprolling and I got maybe two. Every time I would attempt to toproll he would catch it then start pressing me down so I would have to hold it off then pull it over to win. Finally got two good ones though. Right hand I won with the hook twice and with the sweep once, but I was really proud of my toprolling. Then afterward he challenged me to "street armwrestling" so we gripped up and went at it I won the left arm pretty easily. Right arm we went and it was real even up top but then I like toprolled his wrist or something (without leaning though this is street style) because it bent back so I won that one. Then 20minutes or so later we went left arm again and it was pretty even, but I still felt that I had more strength so I just pulled as hard as I could and he just gradually went over. Right arm we went and it was even then I was like WTF I am going over...then I look over and he's leaning on it and he realized it and stopped, and the same toproll effect happened again! 2-0 street armwrestling....YEAH!!

I have been into magic for a while, not really like hardcore, but I was pretty good with card tricks and could do some illusions. My real "passion" though has been escapes, so my friend is over and we're watching TV and Criss Angel comes on and he's doing some escapes. I mention that I can do some escapes so my friend challenges me to escape some rope (210ft (?) of climbing rope) that he will bind me with. I escaped his first attempt to bind me within 5 minutes. Then on his 2nd attempt he hogties me with my hands and feet tied together and then my hands tied to my feet, and with all 210 (?) ft of rope so pretty much everything is real tight and I can hardly even wiggle because 210ft (?) of rope goes a long way to tie people up. Long story longer he told me before I tried that he wouldn't let me out and if I was going to get out I would either escape or crawl myself somewhere and cut it (ruining a $200 rope). At around 30 minutes I was getting worried because it was real tight and I wasn't getting anywhere, and he's dead serious he's not letting me out. I managed to get out at around 1hr and 10 minutes. It was really hard physically (the reason I am telling the story) because lots of times I would have to prop myself up on my head and roll around contorting ect. MY NECK IS SORE TODAY!!

Edited by Ivarboneless

That's a funny friend you have there!

Not so funny when you are tied up!!!

Rest day today. Arms are really sore from armwrestling. Gripped a little on the trainer to get my hands ready for the #2 tomorrow. Extensors were rock solid!

Hand:

1X100 extensors in sand bucket with 2 bands

5X40 extensors (5 bands)

1X30sec extensor hold (5 bands)

2X1 12lb sledge lever to nose 23"

1X2 Trainer closes (No set each hand as always)

1X8 Trainer closes

1X5 Medium red ponys (both thumbs used)

Abs:

1X200 V-ups

3X200 russian twists

Handstand:

1X1 straight arm straddle press

1X1minute handstand hold

Leg:

1mile run

Did a little bit of handstanding today. Abs are getting pretty strong now, once everything is over 300 I will be happy. I like the russian twists they just feel cool! Hands were a little sore, so I probably will do only 10 or less attempts on the #2. Probably a rest day for abs tomorrow because since I added the russian twists they have not been healing up as fast as normal and I really have no desire to injure them again given they take so agonizingly long to heal up.

Rest day for arms & abs. Both thumbs used on all ponys unless noted. All grippers are done evenly right and left hand unless noted by a /.

Hand: all grip no set full reps as always (R/L)

5X200 squeezes on ball

2X25 3.5" 40lb gripper

1X30 3.5" 40lb gripper

3X30 Inverted 3.5" 40lb gripper

Trainer nickle hold: 20/28 27/35 28/24 32/33 27/27 27/26

10 #2 squeeze as hard as possible for 5sec and slow release

10 #2 inverted squeeze as hard as possible for 5 sec and slow release

Trainer reps: 27/15 17/13 20/17

Trainer inverted reps: 1/1 11/12 8/11 10/13

1X5 medium red ponys

4X1 medium orange ponys...PR (last time I was a good 1/2" away)

1X20 medium red ponys

3X15 medium red ponys

2X1 small pony attempts (one thumb used)

1X25 medium red ponys

1X1 medium red ponys 4 bands double wound

1X1 medium red pony 5 bands double wound

1X1 medium red pony 1 band triple wound

1X5 medium red ponys 4 bands double wound

1X1 medium red ponys 2 bands triple wound

1X10 medium red ponys

1X8 medium red ponys

1X1 index/thumb pinch 25.3lb block to full lockout each hand

Back:

1X75 leg raises

1X75 torso raises

Handstand:

1X30sec hold

Pushups:

1X25 1:1

LOTS of pony stuff today. I was mostly just experimenting with the bands and I figure that 2 bands triple wound would be the right bands to use. Finger skin is real sore from all the gripper stuff. Thumb was just cooked on that last set of 8 (wanted 2 sets of 10). HUGE PR on the orange pony, because when I got it from the hardware store (3 days ago) I could only get it like halfway down. I thought maybe I was cheating or something, but I got it on video 3 times and sure enough legit. I went for two reps but just couldn't do it. I couldn't even close it again after the 4th time.

School tomorrow so I was busy all day trying to get myself together. Hand doesnt feel all that bad actually.

Hand:

1X5 medium red ponys

1X1 #1 attempt left hand (I am sure I can do this but it was really hurting)

2X1 Trainer close mid/index (each hand)

Front lever:

2X3sec straddle lever

1X8sec straddle lever

Chins:

1X1 one arm chin (each arm)

Pushups:

1X10 1:1

1X54

1X105

Handstand:

Lots of one arm handstand attempts (any extra strength will help my planche)

1X5 handstand pushups

Planche:

2X10 sec advanced tuck planche

Abs:

1X200 V-ups

I was unmotivated and just in a hurry today, so I just threw together a little of everything. Planches felt weak (maybe the back stuff I did). In addition to winning me more money than I already make the one arm handstand will probably aid in my quest towards the planche, because more strength is better than less strength. When I say a lot....I mean a lot.

Your bodyweight feats intrege me. I'm starting to get into hand balancing, and am always interested in adding new bodyweight feats of strength. (I can do a flagpole- wohoo!) but I was wondering if you have any advice on working up to walking on your big toes and one arm pullups. Currently I've been trying to work up to one arm pullups with band assistance or grabing a hanging rope in a much lower grip on the off hand. When I try to actually do it without assistance I feel very far away from being able to do a one arm pullup.

Foggy I will send you a PM about the toe walking and chinning, it might take me a few days but I'll get it to you. Darn good job on that flagpole! That is one of my nemesis skills, it just keeps injuring my back (back is injured right now from that)

Hand was fine until I started the 2 finger hangs.....now it's pissed. The principle & a coach closed the #1. I am not suprised about the coach, but the principle is like 5'5. I used one of the rating things I read and that #1 comes out at 1.49 so it's a good solid #1 (never seen anyone who doesn't train grip close it). I will have to start posting in the mornings now.

AUGUST 14, 2006

Hand:

1X100 extensors in sand bucket (3 bands)

5X40 extensors (5 bands)

2X5 sec 2 finger hangs 1/2" ledge (mid/ring)....................................half crimp

2X5sec 2 finger hangs 1/2" ledge (mid/index)...................................half crimp

2X5sec 2 finger hangs 1" ledge (mid/ring).........................................open hand

2X5sec 2 finger hangs 1" ledge (mid/index)......................................open hand

3X10sec 3 finger hangs 1/2" ledge (index/mid/ring)............................half crimp

3X10sec 3 finger hangs 1/2" ledge (mid/index/ring)............................open hand

3X10sec 3 finger hangs 1/2" ledge (index/ring/mid).............................straight index

3X10sec 4 finger hangs 1/2" ledge.....................................................straight index

5X30sec bar hanging goosenecks (pronated)

5X30sec bar hanging goosenecks (supinated)

Pull/chinups:

2X1 one arm chin

1X30 chins

1X15 chins

1X25 pullups

1X15 pullups

1X15 Mr. T chins

Front lever:

1X2sec front lever

2X5sec straddle lever

1X8sec straddle lever

Abs:

1X200 V-ups

3X200 russian twists

Happy with that workout. Today will be intresting because I usually work my pushing muscles a lot more than pulling and it takes more time. Climbing training felt really weak I was worried that I was about to pop a tendon off on those 2 finger hangs. Abs were no problem though I can just crank all those out so they don't really take much time.

Well I have all AP classes so I am pretty swamped when I get home. I think I am just going to have to pick a few skills and work only those! I even skipped abs!

Hand:

1X5 Trainer

1X2 Trainer

1X1 inverted Trainer

LOTS of axe/sledge levering (I didn't have time to write it up so I forgot)

finger walks up and down on axe and attempted on 12lb sledge

Handstand:

maybe 30mins of one arm handstand attempts (getting better actually)

1X5 handstand pushups

Planche:

5X4sec straddle planche attempts

6X10 sec advanced tuck planche

2X40 sec ball planche

Abs:

Toe:

1X30sec toe stand

some toe walking

So I'm practicing my one arm handstands and I'm getting pretty good holding them maybe two seconds. Then I go up and I get a real good one maybe 3-4 seconds and I just won't let it go and I start twisting. I fell out of it and KO'd the coffee table :help. I guess I'm not as rusty as I thought, still got a good knockout fall :tongue. Straddle planche attempts and all planche stuff felt solid.

3 hrs of gymnastics yesterday.

Hand: all no set (R/L)

15 #2 squeeze as hard as possible for 5 secs slow release

4X#1 (right hand)

1X#1 inverted (left hand)

Trainer for reps 21/15

Trainer for inverted reps 8/8

Trainer for time holding nickle 36/37

Other gripper stuff that I forgot.

sparse axe/sledge levering

The log might get a bit inactive because I am really struggling to find time to update it, but I will still be training and maybe by next summer I will have a.........PLANCHE.

One arm chins - nicely done! I'll be one finger closing my #4 before I'll do any one arm chins/pulls w/my fat ass. Do you ever try them w/additional weight?

Thanks. No I haven't ever tried them with any extra weight because they are kind of touchy, sometimes I am close to 2 reps (or doing 2 reps) and sometimes I just barely make one. I don't think I could pull much extra weight maybe a 2 1/2lb plate, so I'm just trying to get reps at this point.

Workout for AUGUST 17, 2006

Hand:

1X1 #1 inverted close (left hand)

5X200 extensors in sandbucket

1X100 extensors in sand bucket (3 bands)

5X40 extensors (5 bands)

Good deal of axe levering including 1X5 front levers (good form) w/ axe

see handstand

Abs:

1X200 V-ups

Handstand:

1X1 Handstand pushup....FINGER TIPS....PR

I probably did more stuff, but I don't remember because this is 2 days ago. No pulling stuff though because my rear deltoids were really sore. I kept doing one arm chins at gymnastics. It took me like a million trys to get good enough balance on my finger tips to do the pushup but I finally got one.

Edited by Ivarboneless

August 18, 2006

MY FRIEND CLOSED THE #2!!!.........PR....CRAZY STUFF!

Hand:

sparse axe levering

3X1 Trainer closes

Abs:

Planche:

2X2sec straddle planche attempts (I seperated these because these were way better form)

1X4 sec straddle planche attempt

2X35 sec ball planche

Handstand:

maybe 30 mins of one arm handstand practice

One arm handstand feels more natural for me with legs together, I don't know why it just does. I'm still working on it. MY FRIEND CLOSED THE #2 not a big deal here on the gripboard but I have handed that #2 to some beasts (gymnastics and lifting) and none have closed it. I was all hyped up from his #2 close and I got down and busted out a competable 2 sec straddle planche!

Today was an armwrestling/rest day. Hands were worked hard but pressing and abs took a rest.

Hand: all grip no set

20X#2 squeeze as hard as possible hold for 5sec slow release

5X#2 inverted squeeze as hard as possible for 5 sec slow release

6X#1 close (RH)

2X#1 close (LH...small set)

1X#1 close inverted (LH)

1X2 #1 closes (RH)

2X10 Trainer reps

1X5 Trainer reps

10 sparse Trainer singles (2 fingers...inverted....just messing around)

1X30 3.5" 40lb store gripper

1X10 inverted 3.5" 30lb store gripper

1X1 medium orange pony close

1X15 medium red ponies

1X17 medium red ponies

1X16 medium red ponies

1X36 sec hold medium red pony

1X26 sec hold medium red pony

1X1 minute medium red pony hold (closed for 30 secs and fought opening for another 30)

1X1:30 medium red pony hold (closed 40sec and fought opening for the rest)

1X19 medium red ponies

1X7 medium red ponies

1X9 medium red ponies

1X25 wrist roller extensor way (10 lbs) (both wrist roller things were in same set)

1X5 wrist roller wrist curl way (10 lbs)

1X5 sledge rotations 12lbs 10"

1X1 axe rotation

1X5 axe finger walks

1X0 12lb sledge walk (got 1/2 way)

other axe/sledge stuff

see armwrestling

Armwrestling:

Friend came over and we pulled only "street style" because my folks were home and pulling competition style looks really brutal on the table. I won all the left arms in a commanding fashion, but once again he was stealing the right arm. He never actually beat me right arm, but he certainly had the advantage. It is kind of hard to win in street armwrestling when you can't lean. Not very impressed with this session and I think we need one more practice session before the tournament.

Good workout for hands. Armwrestling was not so good but whatever. Pony clamps feel strong but I can't get the bands to stay on and they keep breaking so I just did them without the bands.

Forgot to mention that on the 18th I did the medium orange pony 1X2 reps PR.

Well my arms are not sore as much as usual after armwrestling. I have no pain in my brachialis or biceps really, although my deltoids are a little sore.

Hand: (all lifts full lockout each hand)

2X1 curl and press 25.3lb block

2X1 index/thumb lift 25.3lb block

1X1 mid/thumb lift 25.3lb block

1X1 ring/thumb lift 25.3lb block

1X1 pinky/thumb lift 25.3lb block

1X1 index/thumb lift head height

2X50ft 25.3lb block carry (tips of fingers and thumbs only)

2X1 60D hot galvanized (DO)

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DU)

Abs:

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

3X300 russian twists

Front lever:

3X2sec front lever

1X3sec pull to straddle lever

2X8sec straddle lever

1X3 straddle lever pullups

Pull/chinups:

1X30 chins

1X4 frenchies

1X10 Mr. T chins

I was PSYCHED from that bodyweight video and I was just like "You bum, look at what these dudes are doing, get your lazy butt up off the computer and go train!" So I stepped up my abs again because I felt like I could. The front levers are dissapointing, they have good form and all, but I can't hold them for any longer than 4 seconds or else my back tells me "Hey kid, you try and pull that lever for more than 4 seconds and I'm going to screw up again for 6 months." Straddle levers have no pain at all though so they are just as solid as ever. I attempted one arm chins today after the levers and couldn't quite get my chin over the rail and didn't want to attempt it more than once each arm because another back injury is the last thing I need so close to my goals.

Hands and wrists are resting all week for armwrestling on Saturday. All workouts stop Wednesday (except abs...what were you thinking!) in order to be completely rested no excuses.

Handstand:

45 minutes of one arm handstand practice

1X8sec wide arm handstand

Planche:

3X2sec straddle planche attempts (so close just a slight pike)

6X4sec straddle planche attempts

2X40sec ball planche

Abs were given a rest today even though they didn't need it. I feel like I get in a better planche workout if I don't do abs. The funniest thing happened while I was doing one arm handstand practice, I went up into a handstand...shifted my weight and lifted my right hand onto my fingertips...shifted weight some more and lifted it....lost balance a little bit and went to set it back on the floor so I could try again (like I usually do) but this time my fingertips gave out....so I picked up the arm (so I don't break my fingers) and did a head plant right into the floor. The last little bit happened in about .23 seconds. No lasting damage but it was hilarious, I mean one second I'm in control and .23 seconds later I'm plowing my head into the floor.