Boneless' Bodyweight Training

Ivarboneless

3hrs of gymnastics today. My tendonitis is bothering me because I pull about every day even though I don't post it unless it's at least 30 minutes.

Hand:

50X1 #1 singles

1X15 medium red ponies

1X7 #1 parallel reps (RH)

1X4 #1 CCs reps (RH)

Gripped during school all day, Left hand closed the gripper the same number of times as the Right hand but from parallel and inverted.

Back:

1X75 leg raises

I gripped the #1 closed around 25 times during school from all kinds of sets and no sets, I just included the highlights. I am currently at 41 #1 singles, but I assume I will finish all 50 (if not I will post tomorrow). The 1st 26 were done CCS right handed and the rest from wider than //, Left hand start and finish //. I have a coming race to the #2 and will be hitting some serious gripper work because I want that prize! 50 singles in 2 hrs is very tough for me considering that I can only close the gripper for a max of 7 // reps right handed and 4 // reps left handed, but I still have 30 minutes left to finish 9 singles.

My friend Zach and I are racing to the #2 starting Monday, we are working out the prize for the winner, any suggestions?

WOW my skin hurts :rock. I made all 50 singles. I think next time I will up it to 75 so I'll really be pushing the limit, or maybe I'll just do 25 doubles. Hand doesn't feel injured, which is good!

Hand:

5X200 extensors in sand bucket

5X50 extensors with 5 bands

1X100 extensors with 4 bands

1X1minute extensor hold with 5 bands

Abs:

1X150 slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X300 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

1X3:00 hollow hold

3X300 russian twists

Handstand:

1X5 handstand pushups

Pushups:

1X5 one arm pushups

Light day today since I am presumably going rock climbing this weekend and I am sore from gymnastics. I am going to step up the extensors to six bands. Abs feel strong as steel, well maybe something stronger than steel since steel isn't very safe around here :tongue. I am going to throw down as hard as I can to win this race to the #2.

I am excited about this #2 race. The prizes we have been coming up with are going to be worth the effort to the winner! We added a new guy in the race so now there is three people. The rules are Ironmind's cert rules except the gripper doesn't have to be brand new out of the box and the close must be witnessed by one of the people in the race or our #2 closing friend. We are allowing each other to use video proof, but it must be PERFECTLY clear and verified by 3 of the four.

Rest day!!!

I thought I was going climbing, but no go.

So I decided to FINALLY send my longtime (2yr) project, I will try and get some pics because this climb is the sweetest peice of work ever. It is so hard and I haven't been on it in so long that I can't say whether or not I will get it.

I am the strongest I have ever been in all things climbing, but the route involves a pinch campus and I don't know if I can handle that yet. I have rested for two straight days so I am perfectly rested and have NO EXCUSE.

I really hope I will get it this time because falls on this thing suck and every time I set out to conquer it I always get foiled. This route is my favorite climb ever because it is perfectly in my style and scary as hell.

Well it is still a project :(.

I stuck one of the crux moves but the other move just kept spitting me off. I am going to start working this project more often because now I feel like I actually have a good chance at getting it done!

Hand:

besides working the project for four hours

1X200 passes 25.3lb block

1X1 index and thumb lift 25.3lb block full lockout

Lifted 45 hex using both hands with only index's/mids/rings

Walked with 45 hex (2 hands)

broke 45hex twice

1X10 3.5" gripper

1X20 3.5" gripper

Muscle Ups: (bar)

1X3

1X2

5X1

Iron Cross:

3X1 5sec touch

2X3sec olympic cross touch

Front Lever:

1X4sec front lever

Climbing the project went well, I felt stronger than ever and stuck one of the crux moves (which I had never stuck before) and ALMOST stuck the second crux move, but fell. I only did 200 passes on the block because I didn't want to tear my thumb webbing. I think without worrying about webbing i may be good for 250, but that is probably stretching it. I was just messing around with the 45 hex and I decided to do some strength stuff and held a very solid front lever after all that climbing. The iron and olympic crosses were also pretty decent. I was most impressed with my muscle ups though, they were in great form and executed pretty much in one motion (no kip as always) some of them got paused in the transfer but they were pressed out clean as well. I probably could have bested my old PR of four consecutive but I didn't want to compromise form.

RACE TO THE #2 STARTS TOMORROW!!!

Edited by Ivarboneless

Nice muscle-ups, and while they're a great strength move w/out the kip, practicing them with the kip is better for climbing. :cool

How does kipping muscle-ups help climbing? I always figured that doing them slow would help with the burly mantels. Not to mention looking really cryptic at the start of my highbar routine :cool.

AWWW MY HANDS HURT!!! Today marks the start of the race to the #2. Prize is $25 paid to the winner by each of the losers. Rules are CoC cert rules minus the new gripper rule. And the witness must be our #2 closing friend.

Hand: all grip no set

1000 total 40lb 3.5" gripper reps (sets of 50, 30, 20)

2X#1 closes // set

1X10 Trainer reps

see armwrestling

Abs:

Back:

2X75 leg raises

Armwrestling:

Pulled for maybe 30 minutes at school throughout the day. Went to my friends house after school for dinner and pulled in four matches there (2 each arm) and each of them had to be at least 5 minutes. These were street style matches, and we are about as evenly matched as possible. After that long you get so pumped that even your face hurts from clenching your teeth. I won all four.

I want to send my project next week since we will be on fall break and I can work it every day. I want to go to an armwrestling tournament in a month, but I am not sure if I can make it. My friend and I caught a squirrel that was pretty sweet. My biceps are so sore I can't believe it. I have been slacking off seriously on abs.

I don't know if I can keep up with 1000 reps per day. My hands hurt real bad. We'll see what kind of #'s I can put up tomorrow :devil

Edited by Ivarboneless

How does kipping muscle-ups help climbing? I always figured that doing them slow would help with the burly mantels. Not to mention looking really cryptic at the start of my highbar routine :cool.

High-bar routine's one thing, climbing is another. A good solid kip is required for a dyno. I learned this too late, and I was still trying to use muscle to explode into holds. Hip explosion is very important in climbing.

Ah, I didn't realize you were talking dynos. Now I can see where you are coming from. Gymnasts get plenty of practice kipping at practice (rings, p-bars, highbar, floor all have kips!).

Hand: 40lb gripper no set

1000 total 3.5" 40lb gripper closes (50's, 30's, 20's)

1X5 #1 // reps (RH)

1X5 #1 inverted // reps (LH)

1X10 #1 clicks (RH)

1X7 #1 clicks (LH)

3X1 #1 // set

1X1 #1 CCS (RH)

3X1 #1 inverted // (LH)

5X50 extensors 5 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1:00 extensor hold 5 bands

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Toe:

1X1minute toe stand

Hand gets a rest day tomorrow. My hand hurts like hell. I planned on doing 1000 all week, but I have gymnastics tomorrow and I don't want to worry about my hands hurting. Abs FINALLY got worked again. I have finally gotten back down to a lean weight again. We have fall break next week so I am going to work that project until I cannot make a fist, then go back and work it again the next day. Forearms are sore, be it from armwrestling, pinching, grip, or extensors I don't know but I feel it. Too sore from armwrestling to do any regular workouts.

My friend Zach closed the #1 (1.49) today!!! This is monumentous because 1 month and 5 days ago he got the Trainer to about parallel! I told him he had great genetics and that he could be great in grip if he tried (6'3" with hands bigger than my 8"ers). He is one of those dudes that people dismiss as "that kid will never be strong", but I got him into strength training last year and he has gotten a crapload stronger. That #1 stops most people I hand it to (I think 3 have closed it out of 100+), and he no setted it and jumped up and down when he clicked those handles. He told his friend that he closed it and his friend asked for the gripper which Zach supplied, and his friend got it to parallel and says "Zach you are weaker than me you can't close that" upon which he no set it closed (this friend was making fun of him for not closing the Trainer a month ago). I'm really proud of him, he didn't believe me when I told him he could do it, because people have been giving him crap all his life telling him he can't do it. He has a hell of a work ethic and grips on those grippers all day, He is in the race for the #2 so I better watch my back :erm.

Ah, I didn't realize you were talking dynos. Now I can see where you are coming from. Gymnasts get plenty of practice kipping at practice (rings, p-bars, highbar, floor all have kips!).

Ya, I'm aware of that, but you know as well as I do, there is no such thing as too much practice. :D Course, I'd do both, and I've already fell off the wagon so to speak with muscle-ups! But, I haven't been climbing in some time. < <

Practice never hurts :tongue

Three hours of gymnastics today. Coach decided that today we needed to do a bunch of pushups, so my boobs are going to hurt tomorrow. Flipped a tsukahara to my face today (usually land them up), which did not feel good.

Pushups:

1X25 1:1

Today was a rest day for my hands. I move on to the Trainer next week and I think I'll go for either 250 or 500 reps per day depending on how my hands feel. I did a set of pushups after dinner just to do another set. Still stagnant with the planche. I think I am going to try and do lots of dips and handstand pushups combined with back work and press handstands to get that planche solid.

Oct 12, 2006

Hand:

650 total reps 40lb 3.5" store gripper

2X1 #1 // set (RH)

3X1 #1 // set inverted (LH)

1X10 Trainer

1X311 passes 25.3lb block (didn't even tear my thumb :cool)

Abs:

I broke my little 40lb 3.5" spread store gripper :(. I guess it couldn't handle all the reps or something because on the 650th with my right hand I over crushed it as hard as I could and the spring broke! I was going for 350-400 passes but on the 312th I grabbed the block funny and it fell before I could even save it with my other hand. Armwrestled a little bit at school. When I am fresh nobody at school can stop my toproll, so I try not to use it. I am moving on to the trainer early now that the other gripper broke. Man have I been slacking on my abs.

Moved on to the Trainer today.

Hand:

250 total Trainer reps (Not comprised of the below)

2X30 clicks Trainer

1X50 Trainer clicks

5X1 Trainer grind the crap out of it

2X1 #2 negatives

1X1 Medium black pony (PR)

1X1 hold small red pony closed

2X1 hold Trainer closed bottom 2 fingers

1X1 Trainer hold closed index finger (LH)

5 front weaver from floor to top of box (Praydis style) 14" 12lb sledge

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Pull/chinups:

3X1 one arm chins

1X25 chinups

1X20 pullups

I worked on the project for a while today. I am getting closer. I climbed until I was burnt out on it. I climbed a sweet new route on the side of my house. I still haven't got the campus traverse down yet. Finally got a good abs day in.

My feet are killing me from falling (barefoot) off my project (15ft? where I fall) all day yesterday.

Hand:

1X1 Medium black pony

Abs:

Chinups:

1X1 one arm chin wearing an oven mit

Planche:

5X1sec straddle planche

3X5sec straddle planche attempt

Dips:

2X1 dip with little sis hanging from legs (116lbs)

1X10sec support with friend hanging from legs (180lbs)

Handstand:

1X2 handstand pushups

1X1 handstand pushup

1X7 handstand pushups

My planche stuff felt really weak, but I was really sore so maybe that's why. I did two full range dips with my 116lb little sis hanging from my legs. One arm chins in an oven mit is suprisingly difficult! I could only manage seven handstand pushups oh well. I slacked off yet again on my abs. If all goes to plan my friends and I are going to have some backyard boxing tomorrow. Rest day monday.......Project on tuesday.

I don't know much about adding weight to exercises, but is a dip + 116lbs at 143lb bodyweight a decent weight? I felt good for a single with my other sis (130lbs?), but I didn't want to try today.

No boxing today we got rained out :(.

Hand:

5X30 extensors with 6 bands

1X100 extensors with 4 bands

1X45sec extensor hold 6 bands

Handstand:

45 minutes of one arm handstand practice

Planche:

5X1sec straddle planche

6X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X10sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

1X30 ball planche pushups

1X25 ball planche pushups

1X20 ball planche pushups

1X15 ball planche pushups

1X10 ball planche pushups

1X5 ball planche pushups

6X10sec planche leans

5X5 planche lean pushups

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Well I finally got in another full day of abs & a full day of planche work. Planche work felt weak again. Rest day tomorrow and if it's not raining I will work the project on tuesday. I now have a "rip" (open blister) on my butt from my ab work....that made abs today really hurt, but I was determined to put in a full day again.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Just noticed the dip, yes that's a very good dip, was that on rings or parallels?

It was on my monkey bar railing (essentially parallels). I am planning on trying my other sister when I feel strong again. I was going to try and dip with one of the girls at gym, but I didn't want to make the same mistake I made a while ago with the chinup so I will wait until I can dip with my heavier sister. Will post up when I do it.

Three hours of gymnastics.

Hand: (Trainer reps done no set)

300 total Trainer reps (sets of 25 and 20)

1X50 Trainer clicks

2 (3?)X1 #1 no set (RH)

1X4 #1 // reps (RH)

1X8 #1 // reps (RH)

1X5 inverted #1 // reps (LH)

3X3 inverted #1 // reps (LH)

10X1 #1 //set

3X1 #1 inverted CCS(?) (LH)

many Trainer hold closed bottom 2 fingers and index finger

some Pinch chinning at the gym managed a rafter step again.

Good day at gymnastics. Rings sucked though, I just couldn't do anything. Maltese training went well, but my planche stuff seems very weak. Handstand pushups are solid and wide arm handstand is always getting better. Gripper stuff was not hard, I wanted 500 total reps on the Trainer but it is late and I want to get to bed early so 300 is good enough. I can't wait until I get my volume week on the #1 although I probably wont feel that way once I get to the 2nd day :tongue.

Ouch hands are burning! Skin on the fingers hurts. Gymnastics tomorrow.

Hand: Trainer reps done no set

300 total Trainer reps (10's 20's 30's) 1X34 (LH) 1X38 (RH)

1X60 Trainer clicks

7X#1 close // set

3X1 #1 inverted close // set (LH)

3X1 #2 squeeze as hard as possible.....forced closed hold at 1/8 for 5secs

1X5 medium red ponies

Some inverted holds closed with bottom fingers and NS closes top 2 fingers

see handstand

Abs:

1X150slow legs raised head to knees situps

1X300 SLOW legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 SLOW legs raised elbows across knees situps

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Handstand:

10X3sec handstand on finger tips

1X1 handstand pushup on fingertips

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

6X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X15sec advanced tuck planche

2X45sec ball planche

Handstand pushup on fingertips took forever to do, I kept falling halfway up in the handstand pushup but I finally got it! Planche stuff started out feeling weak again, but then somehow it got better and felt strong so it's all good. I did my elbows across knees situps slow to make them harder because I haven't done hardly anything all week, but I know that if I jumped the number up I would have to do that number every time. Hands skin hurts bad from grippers, I used to think that the people complaining about the skin hurting were wimps (I've competed with rips so many times I cannot even count them), but that is deffinately a pain in the butt when you are trying to push hard and your hand is hurting. I am not looking foreward to #1 week anymore :tongue

Handstand pushups on tips is sweet!

You do SO MANY reps with your ab work! Don't you get bored? I have to do super high tension stuff with low just cause I would go nuts trying to count that high.

Strong work on the grippers.

Yeah the abs stuff does get boring :(. Sometimes I mix it up a bit, but when I do real hard work on my abs (volume with dragon flags) it affects my other stuff namely my planche which is #1 right now.

Two hours of gymnastics.

Hand:

1142 total Trainer clicks (LH.....top set-160)

1077 total Trainer clicks (RH....top set-145)

1X30sec dime hold Trainer (LH)

1X34sec dime hold Trainer (RH)

1X1 medium black pony

2X60D DU

2X60D DO

Rafters: (at gym)

2X2 full range slow rafter chins

2X1 rafter step (each hand)

Handstand: (at gym)

80 foot handstand walk

Planche:

2X5sec advanced tuck planche

Dip:

1X0 dip with other sister (3/4 up...just couldn't lock out)

I had a good day at the gym. Rafter stuff felt real strong. Trainer hurt too bad to do full reps so I just did a thousand+ clicks each hand and a timed hold, I got my first rip from grip training. Planche was strong at gym but after it was weak. After gym I dipped with my other sister to 3/4 of the way up, which leads me to believe that fresh I could do it because gym takes it all out of you. I would have made 100' in the handstand walk, if I had remembered that the floor was 40'X40' but I was being dumb and thought 20X20 so after "40" (really 80) ft I figured I couldn't go the whole way and came down. Then I paced it off and sure enough 40X40 so I felt really stupid :trout.

100' goes down on wednesday

Couldn't climb on the project today, it was too cold.

Hand:

5minutes total Trainer hold closed (Top set LH-36sec RH-42secs)

Some pinch

1X2 medium orange ponys

some sledge levering

ALMOST fingerwalked all of the 12lb sledge.......missed about 6"

HUNG FROM FIST JAMS IN ROOF CRACK UNDER BRIDGE.....10secs

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Handstand:

1X2 handstand pushups

1X5 handstand pushups

1X6 handstand pushups

1X8 handstand pushups

I think I can do 10 freestanding handstand pushups, but I keep losing my balance.....the set of 6 would have been 10 :(. I FINALLY......FINALLY hung from fist jams under the bridge! I have been trying to do that for years, FINALLY did it and for TEN SECONDS! My hand is all cut up from that but I feel really good :cool. I almost finger walked the whole sledge but not quite. Hand hurt too bad to do reps on the Trainer so I just held it closed from No Set.

I think I may only get one or two more goes at my project this year before it gets too cold :(.

Not the most structured workouts, but I am happy with it :yikes

Hand:

5X20 Trainer reps (No set as always)

5X10sec inverted Trainer hold closed with 2 fingers

a few Trainer hold closed with index finger

1X5 No set Trainer reps index/mid (RH...left hurt too bad, but coulda done it)

1X4 #1 reps wider than // (RH)

1X4 Inverted #1 reps // (LH)

Armwrestled ~30 minutes

5X40 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1:00 extensor hold 6 bands

2Xhot galvinized 60D (DO DU)

4X1 Yellow nail (pre kinked to 90, 60, 30, barely)

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Back:

2X75 leg raises

Handstand:

1X1 hollow body handstand pushup

3X2 handstand pushups

1X3 handstand pushups

2X5 handstand pushups

1X7 handstand pushups

Dips:

1X30 dips

I scrapped the planche to work on other things :(. I found that I was afraid to do pushups for fear that I would not be able to do 100 anymore. I was not satisfied with my handstand pushups.....only 7 :dry. Tomorrow is the last day on the Trainer followed by a 1 week rest and starting with the #1, so naturally I want to go at it hard tomorrow....507 total reps is the goal tomorrow.

The yellow nail has been an obstacle for me for a long time. It had started to build up a mental block, I was thinking that maybe my whole body was not strong enough to bend the nail. I bent it to 90 degrees over my leg and to my suprise crushed it like cake......then 60 and same thing......I then kinked it to around 30 and bent it without too much difficulty. I got a wobbled yellow that I tried the 1st day I ever got the nails and pre kinked it just barely....just a very small bow, and bent that too although with some effort in the kink. It seems that if I can even get the nail moving at all it just melts. I was too tired to do any more (all week of gripping and pulling today), but next week the day that I start on the #1 I'm going to try and bend a fresh one :cool

Not sure what difference it makes, but I have no pads so I use a Tongs.com snake bag as a pad (basically a 16" X 12" thin pillow case)

Edited by Ivarboneless

Well I must say that I am glad I am glad the Trainer week is done.

Hand:

507 total Trainer reps

1X100 Trainer clicks

1X5 index/middle finger No set Trainer reps

some bottom 2 finger holds closed inverted

5X1 #1 CCS (RH)

5X#1 CCS (LH)

3X#1 inverted // (LH)

some 25.3lb block pinching

1X1 peice of rebar....not sure of dimensions, but it was fun :cool

Chin/pullups:

2X1 one arm chin

1X20 chinups

1X20 pullups

1X5sec one arm static hold @ 90 degrees while pinching 25.3lb block

Handstand:

1X5 handstand pushups (in class)

Front Lever:

1X4sec front lever

2X5sec straddle lever

1X1 straddle lever pullup

Iron Cross:

1X10 cross touches

1X20sec Iron cross

1X1 cross/olympic cross touch set (cross, O cross, cross, O cross other way, cross, pressout)

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Pulled a little bit today in class, but not too much I am pretty sore. Trainer week sucked, I hope the #1 week will be better since it will not have near as many reps. I bent a peice of rebar (16"?) for my friend Zach, and I didn't even know I could do that :ohmy, that is deffinately a feat for school :cool. I was pretty suprised that I could hold a solid one arm lockoff at 90 degrees with that 25.3lb block. My iron cross has gotten stronger even though I hardly train it. I attempted a straight yellow even though I knew better and ended up with another kinked yellow.

Edited by Ivarboneless

Dude, strong as you are it seems like you could bend harder stuff if you put more effort into it. Ever done any real volume with nails?

I used to do heavy negatives to build up to a one arm pullup. Got up to like 125#'s starting with a bent arm and slowly lower down to straight arm. Probably why my elbows sometimes hurt now :(

Wish I could do an iron cross. Nice work!

• Like 1

The negative with 125lbs that is with two arms right?

All my nail bending ever (except for 16D and 12D ect) is actually in my log. The most nails I have ever bent in one day is 8, 2 of each syle, (not counting carriage bolts) so no real volume to bending. I just like to bend so I bend when I feel like bending, but closing the #2 is my main goal right now so I train mostly grippers.

I think there are a couple of reasons that I cannot bend any harder stuff, I have no pads and just use a thin cotton snake bag, and I have no technique at all.

Three hours of gymnastics today.

Hand:

1X1 16" (?) rebar in class today

1X1 60D hot galvanized (DU)

1X2 rafter chins with 3 sec hold after 2nd one (at gym)

Front lever:

1XStraddle lever/olympic lever set (SL, OL, SL, OL other side, SL)

I tried to make 100' in the handstand walk today, and one of the girls delibrately pushed me over.....that's messed up. I felt like hustling at school today so I brought some rebar and a 60D HG to class :flame. Hard day at gym. Enjoying these rest days until #1 week :cool. I thought to myself today "I wonder if you can do an olympic front lever" so I tried it a few seconds ago and sure enough rock solid straddle lever to olympic lever :calm

My friend bent his 1st carriage bolt yesterday, and my other friend bent his 1st yellow.

Edited by Ivarboneless

10/26/06

Hand:

5X40 extensors 6 bands

1X100 extensors 4 bands

1X1:00 extensor hold 6 bands

Abs:

1X250 V-ups

3X300 russian twists

Planche:

5X1.5sec straddle planche

5X5sec straddle planche attempts

6X10sec advanced tuck planche

2X30sec ball planche

Handstand:

1X7handstand pushups

1X6 handstand pushups

Another discouraging planche workout. I couldn't even hold the ball planche for longer than 30secs. The straddle planche felt solid though and one may have actually been a legit 2 secs. To my defense this whole workout was done after 10:00PM which is later than I usually finish and I was multitasking history and working out AFTER a big dinner at a steakhouse. At school the army recruiters came and were having pushups contests up on stage.....:D....:D.....you know I had to go up there. I went up there and waited a while while some people busted pushups. My turn....upsidedown I go, I hit seven handstand pushups. They wanted to see more so I waited 2 or so minutes and busted another 6. The recruiter told me I could pick anything I wanted off the table (some of which costed 100 pushups!). Hopefully by next time I will be able to do some PLANCHE pushups :rock.

Edited by Ivarboneless