• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• Alawadhi

• don chi

haha, I been there my freind.

I never got into the leather scene. I used cordura for my G5 5/16 even. I got leather, then quit bending, lol. I went through my fair share of damaged nerves and bent fingers and everything else.

Using an idea I got from Tommy Heslep, I did a little warmup and set my watch for 1 minute and did one MMS single with my #3 every minute until I could not complete the rep (same lefty except with a 2.5 gripper). Total reps done was 26 I think I could of done a little better on these. My hands are pretty sore though! Note, these were not done on the minute, after the alarm went off, I'd walk over and set it and close it, then restart the clock. Total time was prob, about 35 min.

Edited by Wes

I say you do it crossfit-style. Laddering up, adding an extra rep every minute. When you can do thirty-minutes that way, then you're not a bitch. :flame:flame:flame

:rock

26 MMS closes in a short-time span is great, but how come you're not working wider sets anymore?

I say you do it crossfit-style. Laddering up, adding an extra rep every minute. When you can do thirty-minutes that way, then you're not a bitch. :flame:flame:flame

:rock

26 MMS closes in a short-time span is great, but how come you're not working wider sets anymore?

I'm not really interested in an IM cert is part of it, and right now I just want to close big grippers. When I can close both the dud and super elte, then I'll worry about using wider sets. Plus, your wide set goes up automatically when you get stronger at MMS.

I'm not really interested in an IM cert is part of it, and right now I just want to close big grippers. When I can close both the dud and super elte, then I'll worry about using wider sets. Plus, your wide set goes up automatically when you get stronger at MMS.

See, I've found the inverse to be true. Now that I'm stronger at the wider sets, parallel set stuff is a joke. I've never heard of it transferring the other way to the same extent that it goes that way. And I'm not just talking about CCS, I thought you were also working to no-set the #3?

I've never trained wide sets, I found out that when the mms got stronger, i could set it wider.

When my MMS goes up so does my No set ability, it has to do with "exploding" on the gripper, which you learn better with the MMS.

good workout wes. i also took this idea from tommy topics. but i do it with a #2 not a #3. i suggest people read strong people old thread to learn from them.

Edited by Alawadhi

First time I've lifted weights in a while, yesterday I did 135 on my chest high wrist roller in the rain, just messing around.

Cheat Curl/ Power Curl with Olympic Bar (like a curl grip hang clean LOL)

95x10

115x10

135x10

155x5

175x1

185x1

205x0

And then a burnout set of 95x20

It looked like it was gonna rain, and my shoulders weren't feeling as good as they should, so I called it a day.

Got some new toys in the mail, a MM1 dud (has a flush mounted .295 spring, which makes it about a 3.5 or definitely harder than a MM2), and a hard ass super elite, which is harder than my 4! I'll probably give the elite a go tommorrow. I also got a Titans Telegraph Key, which I like a lot. Worked up to 40 lbs on it, which probably means I'm pretty weak. :)

Edited by Wes

I also got a Titans Telegraph Key, which I like a lot. Worked up to 40 lbs on it, which probably means I'm pretty weak. :)

Damn, I wasn't sure if you were gonna get that or not, that's awesome! I'd love to mess around with that thing a bit, you'll have to bring it around next time you come over.

Alright, I couldn't resist the grippers (they were calling my name!). I was looking at a picture of David Erives inverting a #4 to within a 1/4 inch, and I decided to try some inverted (upside down) gripper closes. I inverted my 2.5 gripper with both hands, and put my #3 in a choker and repped it for 3 reps inverted. I then took off the choker, and tried it with a fairly wide set inverted and got it. Anyone else here use inverted closes? I just like the way it feels when you invert a gripper in a choker. It sits better in my hand.

Inverted closes, although I like them and they seem more beneficial, seem harder to set-up to me. The gripper has a tendency to slip in my hand, so usually I have to do a deeper set than usual, often parallel.

Wes, when I close my #4 and you close yours, do you want to swap grippers for a while. The spread on my #4 in back to 3", I had it in a wooden choke and the sucker snapped and the force of the open bought it from 2.75" --> 3".

Edited by Timmy

Did my gripper workout today and hit a HYUGE PR!

2.5 gripper Warmup

5x1 L/H and R/H

2006 #3

10x1 singles R/H

10 negatives L/H

Dud (flush mounted .295 Elite Spring) Josh says ths one is about a 3.5 and not any easier

Attempted it 2x and got it down to less than 1/4''

3rd attempt CLOSED with a paralell set. PR!!!

2 more attempts, best was 1/16th

#4 negatives x 10 B/H

Edited by Wes

Did the second half of my workout, and managed to TNS my 3. I've been an 1/8th off for a long time, and it feels really good. :rock When I get back the week after next, I'll do a compilation vid of a CCS 3, TNS 3 and my elite and post it here (if he's got the camera!)

Edited by Wes

2'' Chest high wrist roller-

45 up and down x2

90 up and down x2

135 up and down x2

160... Here is where the crap started happening. I had 160 about 6 inches off the ground and the galvanized steel fence that I lay the barbell across to wrist roll with collapsed under the weight and bent the top rail :( My parents are gonna kill me!

2'' Chest high wrist roller-

45 up and down x2

90 up and down x2

135 up and down x2

160... Here is where the crap started happening. I had 160 about 6 inches off the ground and the galvanized steel fence that I lay the barbell across to wrist roll with collapsed under the weight and bent the top rail :( My parents are gonna kill me!

...This is where I say it was bound to happen, and I guess you probably won't be able to go climbing with us. Now that's a bitch.

That's a monsterous close on that dud. Guys, it's not your typical .295 flush mounted gripper. My MM2dud looks the exact same, to the point that I marked the MM2 with sharpie to tell them apart. It's also flush mounted, not 3/16" like the real one, and the MM1dud is a bunch harder than it. I got that and the BBSE at the same time: I don't know if Warren just had some tough steel in at the time or what, but they're both much harder than what they should be or are expected to be, imo.

Thanks for the kind words Josh :rock

I haven't told them yet (and they don't ever go over there), so were probably good for climbing tommorrow :D What time can you all come by?

Wes, what is harder for you, a CCS or TNS? for me it's the CCS.

Great job on the MM2Dud close Wes! And not to mention the TNS #3 close.

The inverted stuff is good but I don't mess with it much anymore. I did TNS 2 different #3s inverted though (I think it was November or December of last year) and it was very hard. I think there's even more chance of injuring the tendons in the fingers. Be careful.

Good, hard training Wes. Next time use a neighbors fence though.

Are you going to get a chance to try Tommy's DB?

Thanks for the kind words Josh :rock

I haven't told them yet (and they don't ever go over there), so were probably good for climbing tommorrow :D What time can you all come by?

We probably won't come by till four something b/c the gym doesn't open till five, man.