Wes's Training Log

Wes

3-7-06

Decided to do a little circuit training

5 circuits with no rest in between of

20 pushups

20 squats

20 situps

A couple of TNS on my #2, then closed my #3 for 3 singles with a slightly wider MMS. I'm gonna try my hand at bending tomorrow, my buddy tim is going to bring a yellow and green nail.

Busted a couple of apples

5 attempts at my #2 using the tips of my fingers (got it to paralell) to toughen my fingertips for potato crushing. Hurt like a B@!%&. It probably would be a good idea to use a 1, but I don't have it anymore so :erm

Fingertip pushups on a board (BW about 200 now)

10 w/ 4 fingers

5 w/3 fingers

4 w 2 fingers

2 w/ 1 finger (index and thumb)

PR!! I finally did a pushup using just my thumbs!!!! Something I've been wanting to do for a while . Feels like I screwed up a tendon though, I'd probably better ice it.

WOW! Very nice job with the fingertip push-ups! The last time I tried doing them I struggled with 30 (all 5 fingers :) ) On a side note, there is one judo sensei that I saw do at least 15 push-ups on one index finger. Just thought I would share that with you.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• Alawadhi

• don chi

Pushups on the thumbs are cool eh? A cool show, as most people have never trained for that sort of thing.

Screwed around today

Piched 5 10's centrally loaded and non centrally loaded (smooth side standard plates)

Pinched 2 25's a couple of time

Cleaned a 100 lb dumbell with a 2.6 inch handle about 10 times (couldn't get it overhead tho')

PR pressed 70 lb. dumbell

DB snatch 80 a few times

Climbed rope

Bent a couple of blues and yellow, DU and DO

Attempted a Red, got about a 3 degree kink, so I'tll take a while to bend it.

Screwed around today

Piched 5 10's centrally loaded and non centrally loaded (smooth side standard plates)

Pinched 2 25's a couple of time

Cleaned a 100 lb dumbell with a 2.6 inch handle about 10 times (couldn't get it overhead tho')

PR pressed 70 lb. dumbell

DB snatch 80 a few times

Climbed rope

Bent a couple of blues and yellow, DU and DO

Attempted a Red, got about a 3 degree kink, so I'tll take a while to bend it.

if you really wanna cert on the red dont jump from the blue to the red, try to find some 60d nails grade5 and grade 8 bolts and some hot rolled steel. I know your a strong dude but the red is a beast and you dont wanna injure yourself.

Good luch with training :upsidedwn

3-7-06

Decided to do a little circuit training

5 circuits with no rest in between of

20 pushups

20 squats

20 situps

A couple of TNS on my #2, then closed my #3 for 3 singles with a slightly wider MMS. I'm gonna try my hand at bending tomorrow, my buddy tim is going to bring a yellow and green nail.

Busted a couple of apples

5 attempts at my #2 using the tips of my fingers (got it to paralell) to toughen my fingertips for potato crushing. Hurt like a B@!%&. It probably would be a good idea to use a 1, but I don't have it anymore so :erm

Fingertip pushups on a board (BW about 200 now)

10 w/ 4 fingers

5 w/3 fingers

4 w 2 fingers

2 w/ 1 finger (index and thumb)

PR!! I finally did a pushup using just my thumbs!!!! Something I've been wanting to do for a while . Feels like I screwed up a tendon though, I'd probably better ice it.

awesome your doing great, that potato will be crushed in the future for ya ;) also good job at #3 for singles

Did some singles with my #3 today, I've gotten to where I don't even warm up anymore.

10 sets 20 reps of 135 shrugs, 2x8 w/225

10 sets 10 reps w/135 in the power wrist curl

3x10 with 135 in the front squat (ass to the grass style)

3x6 cheat curl 135

15x5 pullups (overhand)

Looking to start rock climbing again, so I'm working on open hand strength too.

#4 attempts x10

2x5 door ledge pullups, (probably 1/2 to 3/4 inch ledge)

Pinch 2 45's w/ 2 hands till failure (long time)

PR, managed to split a potato into 2 halves, butcouldn't finish the final crushdown.

Edited by Wes

Did some singles with my #3 today, I've gotten to where I don't even warm up anymore.

10 sets 20 reps of 135 shrugs, 2x8 w/225

10 sets 10 reps w/135 in the power wrist curl

3x10 with 135 in the front squat (ass to the grass style)

3x6 cheat curl 135

15x5 pullups (overhand)

Looking to start rock climbing again, so I'm working on open hand strength too.

#4 attempts x10

2x5 door ledge pullups, (probably 1/2 to 3/4 inch ledge)

Pinch 2 45's w/ 2 hands till failure (long time)

PR, managed to split a potato into 2 halves, butcouldn't finish the final crushdown.

Nice workout Wes.

How close on the #4 Wes?

I don't think he can close it but he is either closing it to where he can go or doing negatives.

I meant how far away from closing it is he.

It has a 3'' spread and I can get it down to a little less than an inch. It's is definitely going to take a while :rock Right now, I'm just trying to crush it as hard as I can, but I'm not really doing any negatives now.

Edited by Wes

you will get it soon!!!

I meant how far away from closing it is he.

It has a 3'' spread and I can get it down to a little less than an inch. It's is definitely going to take a while :rock Right now, I'm just trying to crush it as hard as I can, but I'm not really doing any negatives now.

Whoah! I just noticed that the "and a half" got taken out by accident during my edit. Sorry bout' that, I can get it down to a little less than an inch and a half. That half an inch makes a lot of difference.

Did some zercher deadlifts w/225. I really like this exercise for some reason. Some singles with my #2 also

to keep the blood flowin'

Screwed arond at a friend's house today.

-Lifted a 37.5lb blob about 3 inches off the ground by the face (I can clean it if gripped regular)

-One hand deadlift on an oly bar 215 for 5 reps or so on either hand with no hook grip, these were nowhere near my max, which is kind of odd because my 2 hand dead is about 300 (sad I know)

Suitcase deads, pulled 185 on either side.

-Lifted a 150 lb dumbell with a 2.5'' handle multiple times

-Lifted a 160 lb sandbag to shoulder a few times

-Busted 2 35's about 1'' of the ground

-A few #3 closes, got 2 paralell reps as well

Did a bit of wrestling, I haven't wrestled since last year, but I plan to start doing strongman and wrestle my senior year of high school. First I wrestled Scott Gibson, took a little while even though he weighs 145 or so. This might be partly because I was laughing so hard when I was wrestling him. Wrestled Tim (unseenbeat here) and he managed to throw me once because he got a hold of my thumb, this is where I realized the rules weren't in effect and "layed the smack down" which ended with him in the cradle. Don't listen to him if he says different :D

Tim and I would like to start doing strongman (and I'd probably do highland games as well) and we're in the process of aquiring and making our own equipment. If anyone here is in the North Florida area and would like to train with us or show us "the ropes" I would appreciate it if you would PM me or unseenbeat

I'm laying off grip for a few days, as I'm sore as hell. BUT, I will so some modding of my grippers. I sawed about a 1/4 of an inch off the end of both of the handles on my #2. Right now, I'd rate it about a 2.4. I'll probably file it as well, as right now it is too easy. Pretty soon, I'd like to make a power rack out of 4x4's. Found a cool quote by Alexander Karelin too, " I train every day of my life as they have never trained a day in theirs." in reference to claims he the result of a "scientific experiment"

Screwed arond at a friend's house today.

-Lifted a 37.5lb blob about 3 inches off the ground by the face (I can clean it if gripped regular)

-One hand deadlift on an oly bar 215 for 5 reps or so on either hand with no hook grip, these were nowhere near my max, which is kind of odd because my 2 hand dead is about 300 (sad I know)

Suitcase deads, pulled 185 on either side.

-Lifted a 150 lb dumbell with a 2.5'' handle multiple times

-Lifted a 160 lb sandbag to shoulder a few times

-Busted 2 35's about 1'' of the ground

-A few #3 closes, got 2 paralell reps as well

Did a bit of wrestling, I haven't wrestled since last year, but I plan to start doing strongman and wrestle my senior year of high school. First I wrestled Scott Gibson, took a little while even though he weighs 145 or so. This might be partly because I was laughing so hard when I was wrestling him. Wrestled Tim (unseenbeat here) and he managed to throw me once because he got a hold of my thumb, this is where I realized the rules weren't in effect and "layed the smack down" which ended with him in the cradle. Don't listen to him if he says different :D

Tim and I would like to start doing strongman (and I'd probably do highland games as well) and we're in the process of aquiring and making our own equipment. If anyone here is in the North Florida area and would like to train with us or show us "the ropes" I would appreciate it if you would PM me or unseenbeat

Really good overall workout. 2 paralell reps of #3 and 2 35's broken off ground, great job :mosher

Good workouts, hit several PR's

Yesterday-

Uneven Farmers Walk with 95 in one hand, 115 in the other, 4 laps of 50 yds each

Strict Pressed 135 on Oly bar PR, push pressed it many times

Today-

This is my first time I've ever tried v-bar. We made a vbar with some 1'' pipe that was kinda slippery (no real rest in between these)

140x3

195x3

220x2

225x2

230x2

250x1

260x1 PR

My hands were already really sore from farmers, grippers and pinch, so I feel that I coulda added mabye 15 lbs if I was fresh. A seasoned bar probably would of added another 10. How are these numbers for those that know vbar?

Edited by Wes

Just some #2 closes today, taking it easy cuz my hands are sore from vbar, snatching and one hand cleaning.

Decided to do some leg work-

-25 bodyweight squats

-10 One legged squats

-2x25 squat jumps

-2x25 Standing long jumps of 7 feet

-4 miles of running

Greased the groove with pullups today also

Interestingly enough, I GtG with pullups yesterday as well. I've been in a Pavel mood lately.

HUGE PR TODAY!

Managed to CCS my #3 with no chalk today. I'll try and get it on video sometime. Having huge hands is a bonus though, as all of my fingers wrap around the handles in a CCS. I was looking at some posts and apparently a smidgin less than 3'' spread on a #3 is common, mine is 3.25'' :blink

Awesome man, well, my bro got a camera while he was in San Fran, so we can video tape some shit this weekend. DAMMIT, I NEED TO GET SOME CLOTHES FOR PROM!!!

Hell yeah, I thought you were gonna rent all your clothes for prom? Or was it just the tux and shirt?

I've been saying for a long time I wasn't going to rent anything. And I've been sayin I wasn't wearing a tux.

Congrats on that PR!

V-bar numbers are just fine, good actually ;)