Wes's Training Log

Wes

10-29-05

Finally ripped a deck of cards in half today, that was a workout in and of itself.

-lots of singles with my IM #2 today, about 20-30 singles over the course of a day.

-Held the crow position for 2 minutes

-did tuck planches for 3 sets of 10 second holds.

-elbow lever hold for 30 seconds

-40 pushups, but I had to cut it short because I had a bad pain in my back

-L-sit on floor, hold for 10 secs

-used 60lb dumbell for partial hammer holds (hammer curl halfway) for a couple sets of 5 seconds

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• Alawadhi

• don chi

Way I see it, u don't need that crow and elbow lever stuff, the tuck planche work works everything harder than either of those two positions.

Way I see it, u don't need that crow and elbow lever stuff, the tuck planche work works everything harder than either of those two positions.

More of a warmup for the planch and warmdown than actual exercise

10-30-05

Didn't do much today, just a few singles with the IM #2. I'm resting so I can demonstrate how to tear a phonebook in carpentry class to a bunch of doubters on Monday.

10-31-05

Ripped phonebook into quarters in Carpentry Class for some doubters.

Warmup 12 reps 25lbs DB Curl

3 sets 6 reps 45lb DB Curl

2 sets 6 reps 50lb Hammer Curl

2 sets 10 reps 45lbs DB Press

Seated Barbell Wrist Curl Until Failure with 55lbs (about 30 reps I think)

Pinch Block 5 alternating pinch holds with 45 lbs

Attach 2.5'' PVC pipe to 55lbs and do hold to failure w/ both hands

Shackle lifts (using the "U" shaped part of a padlock to lift weight, no padding)

Individual finger lifts of 50lbs to toughen fingers and tendons.

Single Finger Curl w/40lbs 1 rep both hands

Wrist Roller w/ 30 lbs, 2 full rolls

200 Bodyweight Squats performed consecutively

30 One Legged Calf Raises

30 Hindu Pushups

Attempt Crow Position to Handstand 3X

DONE!!!!

Note to Self: Must beg/borrow/steal/make a POWER RACK, bench and weights!!!! Also: check for price on 8 foot length 2'' CRS with 2 olympic collars

11-7-05

4 sets 6 reps 50lb DB Hammer Curls

Wristcurls with 80lbs to failure

Wrist Roller with 45lbs (2 sets)

Barbell Curl with 80lbs until failure

Armwrestled Tim (unseenbeast) right and left handed, beat him with both, he held from the bottom for a while though.

Tuck planches 2 sets 15 seconds

Managed to beg a powerlifting bar off my high school weightlifting coach. Now i've got a bar for free! It does have a slight bend though (don't want to think how that happened), Friday I'll put it on a hydraulic press and straighten it out. It had been outside for a while, so I took some sandpaper to it, looks good. Gift certificates to play it again sports are on the Christmas list, so I'm gonna buy a ton of 45's. Looks like nothing but deadlifts until I get a rack. There are some York 75's (4) outside the weight room that are rusty. Mabye he'll let me have them too. That would be cool. I'm going to start training for a highland games competition in February. I'm thinking about moulding some atlas stones, we'll see how that turns out. When I was at Play it Again, I found a old York 100 lb dumbell. Thursday, it's getting turned into 2 blobs.

11-13-05

Got the bar straightened out Friday, put it in a 30 ton hydraulic press, like it was made of butter. Played with the York 100 dumbell for a while, cleaned it easy, jerked it once. Sometime next week it is getting sawzalled. Went rock climbing Saturday, killed every aspect of my grip, forearms, biceps and lats. Might recover by Tuesday. Played with a thick handled 75lb dumbell (2.75 inch handle I think), mostly cleans and presses.

10-30-05

Didn't do much today, just a few singles with the IM #2. I'm resting so I can demonstrate how to tear a phonebook in carpentry class to a bunch of doubters on Monday.

Good times! :yikes

11-21-05

2 sets 5 reps 25 lbs BB Curl

3 sets 10 reps with 100lbs BB Curl

3 sets 5 reps DB Presses w/ 50lbs

Hopefully some armwrestling soon

• 1 month later...

MONDAY 1-9-06

Been too freakin' lazy lately. I read "Ultramarathon Man" by Dean Karnazes (who is a FREAK, does 400 pushups, 100 pullups and 800 situps every day, runs 350 miles without sleeping!), and was inspired to start running again. I'd like to start doing ultra running and adventure races.

-Deadlifts w/ 225 2 sets 10 reps (I use a lot of back and not much legs when I deadlift, kinda happens when you are 6'5)

-Ran 6 miles on a potholed dirt road ('bout a 8 min pace), felt good could have done a few more, but I had homework and it was getting dark. I'm trying to ease back in it right now. Eventually I hope to start totalling about 60-80 miles a week.

-100 pushups

-100 situps

Edited by Wes

• 1 month later...

Did some "Naked Warrior" style stuff. Found out I could do a one legged squat easily now after not being able to for a long time. Weird.

-Probably 30 total single legged squats on either leg over the course of the day

-20 One armed pushups on either arm

-Filed my #2, and I can't tell the difference. Probably closed it a 100 times today during class. Closed my #3 once with a MM Set.

-Isometric Blob 50 work, 3 holds of 20 seconds with either hand. I feel really good on it, and may lift it within a few months.

- Just for fun, did a 2 finger filed #2 hold, hurt like hell.

-about 20 one legged squats

-20 pullups

-100 pushups

-tuck planche for 30 seconds

-10 handstand pushups.

-about 40 closes on a filed #2

-4 miles of running to finish it off.

- some one arm pullup negatives, I'm getting fairly close to being able to hang at a 90 degree angle with one arm now.

Read Steve Justa's Rock Iron and Steel, awesome book. I'd like to start doing some of his g-force exercises and some isometrics. Steve Justa is a filthy strong dude!

Hey dadams, have you been using that Ross Enemaits Underground Guide any?

Edited by Wes

I'm taking it easy now, on Friday, I'm going to a friends house and attempting to close my #3 on video and become a MMO. Wish me luck!

10-31-05

how much do you weigh?

10-31-05

how much do you weigh?

'bout 200-210 (might of been 190 or so then)

Closed my #3 on video. I actually did it three times, but the video was good on only one. See my thread in the main forum.

Those bodyweight squats get harsh after a couple hundred eh? Mentally and physically.

Hell yeah, I once did 300 in a row, and pulled the muscles in my legs. Couldn't work them for 2 weeks.

Hey dadams, have you been using that Ross Enemaits Underground Guide any?

i have messed with some of it.

3-4-06

Tweaked my form for the one legged squat, found out I can do a lot of them!

15 consecutive one legged squats per leg

20 squat jumps

Measured out 7 feet and did 10 broad jumps

100 bodyweight squats

10 sets throughout the day of 30 pushups

25 diamond pushups

10 clap pushups

5 handstand pushups

10 overhand pullups

5 one armed pullup negatives per arm

100 situps

50 russian twists

3x10 reps 225 deadlift

Had an odd pain in my hand for the last 3 days, so I did no grip at all during that time. With no warmup, I closed my #3 twice with a set slightly wider than MMS, then TNS'ed my #2 for 5 in either hand.

Edited by Wes

3-7-06

Decided to do a little circuit training

5 circuits with no rest in between of

20 pushups

20 squats

20 situps

A couple of TNS on my #2, then closed my #3 for 3 singles with a slightly wider MMS. I'm gonna try my hand at bending tomorrow, my buddy tim is going to bring a yellow and green nail.

Busted a couple of apples

5 attempts at my #2 using the tips of my fingers (got it to paralell) to toughen my fingertips for potato crushing. Hurt like a B@!%&. It probably would be a good idea to use a 1, but I don't have it anymore so :erm

Fingertip pushups on a board (BW about 200 now)

10 w/ 4 fingers

5 w/3 fingers

4 w 2 fingers

2 w/ 1 finger (index and thumb)

PR!! I finally did a pushup using just my thumbs!!!! Something I've been wanting to do for a while . Feels like I screwed up a tendon though, I'd probably better ice it.