Wes's Training Log

Wes

Devane is a weak bitch, I just thought you always said he had good technique.

He does have pretty good technique, but he is pretty weak. When my technique got better, I could smoke him like nothing. Last year, he held josh barton in the middle for about 10 seconds ( for those who don't know josh, this guy c&j like 315, benched 425, squatted 450 among other things at 18 y/o, he was juicing however)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wes

• unseenbeat

• Alawadhi

• don chi

Today after I got home from school, I realized that my pullup bar (metal pipe wih concrete in it) is exactly an inch in diameter. Time for a little vbar! I did some #2 and #3 closes to warmup, put a standard 5lb plate on the bottom to hold the olympic plates (bar is around 5 lbs) and stacked on the weight.

100x5

145x2

190x2

235x1

280x1

305x1

The bar I was using was unpainted and held chalk pretty good- this probably helped a lot over the painted pipe I used the first time.

Gonna do a little 2 hand plate pinching later, and see what I can do. I suck at pinch, so it's probably not gonna be much :D

Edited by Wes

I'm embarrassed by my 2 hand plate pich, so I won't tell :D However, I did do about 10 passes around me with my abnormally wide 25's and found out I can lift the blob (the sides are clean except for chalk now) with one finger of my other hand pressing directly in the middle of the side which apparently exerts just enough force to let me lift it.

Oh yeah, today I did a little "show" for some of my classmates at school. I ripped a deck of cards in half, bent a piece of 8 inch x 1/4 CRS into a "s", and exploded a can of soda. The one they seemed to like the best was the deck of cards. Oddly, I get stronger when people are watching and tore the plastic coated deck in about 8 seconds, compared to the 30 seconds it used to take me. The soda can went pretty fast too, and it took about 4 seconds.

A couple of days ago, I did some conditioning-

Run about 500 feet and do 10 burpees, I did this the entire length of my road, which is 2 miles. That's a lot of burpees!

Been greasing the groove with pullups every day as well

Made some parallettes out of 1.5 inch PVC, found out I can still do an a tuck planche and an L-sit (being 6'5 sucks doing gymnastic crap!) I'd like to start working on my planche more and do full range Handstand Pushups

Been doing 3 sets of 20 seconds with the tucked L sit, I'd like to work up to a V-sit

Edited by Wes

Hey Wes, been thinking about a MM1 cert? You've been beating up on that #3 lately.

Hey Wes, been thinking about a MM1 cert? You've been beating up on that #3 lately.

I would like to, but I've just been too busy lately, and not to mention poor :D School ends friday, and I'll start working as a kayak guide and I'll probably get around to it then-

Did a little leg work today-

Front Squat (I have to hold these farther out than usual because I have no rack and I can't drop them as they're steel. With bumpers, I can rack it on my shoulders b/c it won't hurt to drop them)

95x10

115x5

135x5

150x3

160x1

Power Cleans

95 from the hang x 10

140x3

160x2

170x2

180x2

190x1 PR. (I never trained cleans, just kinda like if I saw someone do it at school, I would do it) This is about my BW.

Cleaned and jerked 95 with one arm a couple of times just for fun.

Front Squat (I have to hold these farther out than usual because I have no rack and I can't drop them as they're steel. With bumpers, I can rack it on my shoulders b/c it won't hurt to drop them)

I'm confused by this. Why would you hold the bar in your hands instead of racking it on your shoulders. Do to bodily mechanics, you wouldn't be able to reach full depth, and you would actually be better off for when you had to set it down, b/c you wouldn't screw up and drop it, like you could if it was just in your hands.

I'm confused by this. Why would you hold the bar in your hands instead of racking it on your shoulders. Do to bodily mechanics, you wouldn't be able to reach full depth, and you would actually be better off for when you had to set it down, b/c you wouldn't screw up and drop it, like you could if it was just in your hands.

I could rack it fully and drop and catch, but I wouldn't want to miss and break my weights. Not to mention possibly screwing up my back catching the weight. I don't have the wrist flexibility to rack it fully and still have my hands on it.

I could rack it fully and drop and catch, but I wouldn't want to miss and break my weights. Not to mention possibly screwing up my back catching the weight. I don't have the wrist flexibility to rack it fully and still have my hands on it.

Well, I usually don't drop my weights all the way down from the racked position, it takes a little while to get used to it, but it won't screw up your back. Still, I didn't realize you couldn't rack the weight, I know you used to not be able too, but thought maybe you couldn't now.

I've decided to start working more on my leg strength and explosiveness. Last day of school today and I have a double period of carpentry and we only had 3 classes today 4, 6,7. Each class is about 2 hours long, so I was in carpentry for about 4 hours and all there was to do is skip class or play basketball. So I decided to skip for a couple of hours and screw around with b-ball for a while. I found out I can dunk on a goal that is about 3 inches below high school regulation by just standing next to it and jumping.

Finally got around to measuring out 20 yard intervals on my road for sprinting, and with no warmup and street clothes, I ran a self-timed 5.8 second 40 yard dash (average of 20.7 feet per second) . However, I hit the button late on the finish, so my time is probably a little better. Right now I have 2 more goals, and they are to run the 40 in less than 5 seconds and jump on a 58 inch box which is 75% of my height.

Sprint 40 yards

Sprint 3 x 60 yards walking back to the start as rest

Barbell lunges 3 x 12 with 95 pounds

Romanian Deadlifts 5 x 12 with 140, 1 min between sets and they brush the ground on every rep.

Situps 3 x 12 with 25 lbs

10 minutes stretching

Wow, this was a bit harder than I expected, especially the RmD's. I'll use my 40 time as a way to track my progress from now on.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, I contacted Randy Strossen and he is lining up a witness for me as we speak for my certification. Hopefully he'll do it by my birthday, so I'll still be 16 when I cert. Which I believe would make me the youngest person to cert under the new rules?

Awesome Wes. And may I mention Joel's friend Zeb is a BAD-ASS WRESTLER.

Awesome Wes. And may I mention Joel's friend Zeb is a BAD-ASS WRESTLER.

Where did you see Zeb?

Had a pretty decent weekend, Sunday me, tim, david, joel and scott went camping out in the national forest. There is a nice little pond that has shrunken leaving what is basically white beach sand around the pond in the middle of a pine forest like a little mini beach. We hung out for a while there, smimming and Bs'ing until Scott (it was his birthday, which is the reason we went camping in the first place) got called by his parents for not feeding the dog and watering the garden and had to go home and not come back :dry So, we stuck around and made a fire and laid out some blankets to go to sleep on when tim gets a call from 2 chicks that wanted to come over, but they were the type that thought we were crazy for sleeping without a tent on the beach in the middle of the forest (about 565,000 acres) so they left after a little while with the kitten they found in the middle of the road. We got another call and found out about a party, so we decided to pack up and go to the party. The party was alright, there were a couple of fine girls there, and I ended up going to sleep about 4AM, and waking up about 8-9AM and went home. What really sucked though, was I realized that all my friends are graduating seniors, and I'm a junior. Oh well

I found a piece of 2 and 3/8 diameter pipe, and made a rolling thunder handle out of it. It revolves pretty well-

95x2

140x3

185x2

190x1

I'd like to work up to 220 on this over the summer.

Cool beans pa'. Man, was I angry earlier! I'm gettin ready to go to the movies with Danielle, so I'll tell you about what happened later. Just note that a law suit, Mr. Gibson, and and lil' Keleigh are involved, and from now on, me and Scott are gonna get her ass out of there.

Cool beans pa'. Man, was I angry earlier! I'm gettin ready to go to the movies with Danielle, so I'll tell you about what happened later. Just note that a law suit, Mr. Gibson, and and lil' Keleigh are involved, and from now on, me and Scott are gonna get her ass out of there.

Ahhh, I figured some crap like that would happen, Pm me when you get back. Shoulda gotten Keleigh outta there a long time ago.

I decided that I would like to actually work on bending and eventually get a red-

These bends were started DU and finshed DO with a hankerchief as padding

-Sledge levering warmup

-60d Polebarn nail, this one snapped

-3 60d's

-Black "oiled" polebarn nail, this one snapped and poked through the wraps :blink

Some closes on my IM 2.4

Braced #4 negatives (a little less than an inch from closing), some serious pressure on these, it left my palms bruised

#3 attempts

The problem with grip is training it too much! My hands are still messed up from some Gr5 Bolt attempts, and I really shouldn't be doing any grip at all until next week, but the grippers sat on my desk and called me names :D

Also, in the future for bending, I'm just going to buy a big box of 60d's and bend 'em for volume using a sledge for warmup-

Edited by Wes

You wanna go to the rock gym tommorrow? Me and David are goin, probably Joel too.

You wanna go to the rock gym tommorrow? Me and David are goin, probably Joel too.

Sure, I'll call you early tomorrow for the details, I'm leavin, to go to a movie right now.

I just got back from vacation, and did a quick workout-

Bent 3 60d's and a polebarn. I've figured out how to do reverse, and now I'll start a kink with reverse and finish DO. These felt REALLY easy today. I might try the Grade 5 later, I know I can get it with good wraps. (instead of a hanky :ohmy )

Some 2.4 closes either hand, a couple MMS #3 closes righty and one CCS attempt, missed that one though. Strossen is trying to line me up a witness before my birthday June 20th, so I'm just trying to get consistent CCS's.

Did a bunch of climbing yesterday, my hands are really sore. I took a penny sized chunk of skin off my 1st finger as well :blink Managed to bend a 5 inch blue, 2 60d's, and an offcenter 5.5'' 60d. Also got my new #3 yesterday, I believe it will be slightly easier than mine after seasoning. Went campin' too, probably go again today as well.

Screwed around a bit, wasn't really serious.

Pressed 125 behind the neck a couple of times

Military pressed it for 4 reps, although I was good for 5

Edited by Wes

Did my first serious workout in a while... I've been half-assing it lately. Gotta get into shape for wrestling next year.

6-6-06

Behind the neck press

65x5

85x5

95x5

105x5

105x3

Bent over barbell rows

95x8

105x8

115x8

125x8

135x8 I need to increase the weight on these, too easy.

Standing Barbell Curl, last 2 sets had a bit of back bend.

65x5

85x5

95x5

95x5

95x5

Squat

140x20

Calf raise

135x20

135x20

Situps with 25lb plate x 20

30 pushups

Bunch of neck circles, bridges and neck curls

Drank mabye a gallon or so of milk today, as well as some eggs, cheese and leftover lamb.

Feel free to comment or make suggestions.

Edited by Wes

Got my suede from Tandy the other day, cut it into 2 4''x12'' pieces for wraps, did some sledge levering as a warmup and wrapped up a Grade 5 1/4'' inch bolt and blew into it double overhand, much to my suprise it just melted. Total bend time was around 15-20 seconds. This is my 4th bending workout, as I started training for bending on May 24th. These were kinda weird, hard to start, but once you got 'em going the crushdown is a lot easier than the 5 inch blue I had, or mabye the pads make it hurt less. Suede is the bomb! Anyway, pretty soon I'll go over to a friends house and film it for the cert. I should take it easy though as my #3 certification is probably coming up next week.