Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Tuesday

@ WG

Nathan and Kaylum trained am. Seb, Jacek (not Marick as I thought) and Naz all trained in the PM as did I.

One hand deadlifts

worked to 2 x 1 reps TnG with a hook grip at 180-kilos right handed.

Wednesday

Legs @ GN

Leg Press

to 675-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Ext

to 85-kilos x 6 reps r/leg and 75-kilos x 6 l/leg

Leg Curl

to 50-kilos x 5 poor reps so dropped to 45-kilos ans did 3 very strict reps

Wednesday pm

2HP

In lieu of thick pinch - standard width (44mm).

Usual warm ups the worked to 6 x 1 reps with 107.5-kilos. Skin on busted (cut last week) finger just about healed fully.

Thursday - pm

Coached Naz, Seb and Jacek and worked the Rolling Thunder hard (see note).

Rolling Thunder using older handle

As per weight is load only. I'm using my older handle as I think it compares the most like the latest version IM have for sale. I know Mark pulled 301lbs on the previous model (and this is quoted as the record on their site) but has pulled 271lbs on the newer one. I (as per YT video) pulled 276lbs on a new one Sam Solomi brought for me to try. No one pulled more than 260 at the most recent event (Vice Grip Viking Challenge at the FitExpo in LA).

B/H: 60-kilos a hand x 6 reps @, 80-kilos a hand x 3 reps @, 100-kilos x 1-2 x 1 rep @ (inc one for publicity photo).

L/H: tried 115-kilos, dropped to 110-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, 112.5-kilos (easy) x 1 rep, 113.75-kilos x 1 rep, 115-kilos (solid) x 1 rep and 116.25-kilos x fail

R/H: 122.5-kilos x 4 (may have been 5) x 1 reps. 1 or 2 more singles more than last time.

I'm working this hard 1-2 times a week (I need to watch I do not start stalling as I get to peak strength on this as has happened before) as I am promoting (with a LOT of help from Dennie Felix) and competing in a competition to be held at the NEC/ Bodypower. Supported by Bodypower (I'll be on their site later) and with Ironmind sponsorship. Last year some 25,000 people came through the main doors over the weekend and the strength arena had crowds of at least 1000 most of the day. The event will be open to all (with a limit on numbers of course) and 'joes' have to pull a qualifying poundage. Then they go up against WSM competitors including Mark Felix, Terry Hollands and more. I aim to to VERY well.

Go for it Steve !! I'm sure if you focus on it you'll lift the most.

Try not to do too much on the day. I know people will be asking you to pick up that and crush this, give yourself a chance and show them what your really capable of.

Best of luck big fella.

Friday

Rest

Saturday

Same long ass day as per. Nath, Seb, Mike, G, Carl and Jacek

T/Grippers

See last 1-2 sessions for reference. Usual warm ups

L/H: to newer HG350 x VVN, TnG, older x 1, VVN, N, N, N, N

R/H: to the newer HG350 x 2 x 1 reps, older 350 x 3 x 1 reps, CoC 3.5 x 3 x 1 reps, BBSE x 3 x 1 reps

2HP

to 107.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps, 112-kilos x 1 and 1 fail

Go for it Steve !! I'm sure if you focus on it you'll lift the most.

Try not to do too much on the day. I know people will be asking you to pick up that and crush this, give yourself a chance and show them what your really capable of.

Best of luck big fella.

Cheers Chris. I'm working with Ultimate Grip (sellers of HG grippers in the UK) the day before (and after the RT event) and so aim to (1) pace myself with roughly every 90-minute 'shows' on the Saturday up to and around an HG300 or HG350. (2) make sure I explain I have no problem warming up with light weights but as I wish to compete on the Sunday I'll stick with that until it's ass kicking time.

Thursday - pm

Coached Naz, Seb and Jacek and worked the Rolling Thunder hard (see note).

Rolling Thunder using older handle

As per weight is load only. I'm using my older handle as I think it compares the most like the latest version IM have for sale. I know Mark pulled 301lbs on the previous model (and this is quoted as the record on their site) but has pulled 271lbs on the newer one. I (as per YT video) pulled 276lbs on a new one Sam Solomi brought for me to try. No one pulled more than 260 at the most recent event (Vice Grip Viking Challenge at the FitExpo in LA).

B/H: 60-kilos a hand x 6 reps @, 80-kilos a hand x 3 reps @, 100-kilos x 1-2 x 1 rep @ (inc one for publicity photo).

L/H: tried 115-kilos, dropped to 110-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, 112.5-kilos (easy) x 1 rep, 113.75-kilos x 1 rep, 115-kilos (solid) x 1 rep and 116.25-kilos x fail

R/H: 122.5-kilos x 4 (may have been 5) x 1 reps. 1 or 2 more singles more than last time.

I'm working this hard 1-2 times a week (I need to watch I do not start stalling as I get to peak strength on this as has happened before) as I am promoting (with a LOT of help from Dennie Felix) and competing in a competition to be held at the NEC/ Bodypower. Supported by Bodypower (I'll be on their site later) and with Ironmind sponsorship. Last year some 25,000 people came through the main doors over the weekend and the strength arena had crowds of at least 1000 most of the day. The event will be open to all (with a limit on numbers of course) and 'joes' have to pull a qualifying poundage. Then they go up against WSM competitors including Mark Felix, Terry Hollands and more. I aim to to VERY well.

Its Great. Felix promise new WR on RT. But your results very serious.

Good luck Steve.

You may pull 302 lbs on at the NEC/ Bodypower?

Best regards.

Igor.

Shame those contest aren't to be seen in the Netherlands. Would certainly check those out.

Good luck Steve.

Sunday

@ gymnation

M/Press

handles x 12 reps, 1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x 8 reps, +40-kilos x 8 reps, +80-kilos x 6 hard reps

DB H Curls

10-kilos x 12 reps @, 20-kilos x 10 reps @, 40-kilos x 6 reps @ (loose/cheating)

TPD

started usual machine: stack x 12 reps, switched to Nytram: +25-kilos x 10 reps, +50-kilos x 8 reps (hard)

Session was harder than I thought probably because we were against the clock.

I'd like to see a little side comp after the Rolling Thunder with all the Strongmen and you Steve, with the Millenium Bell . I know who my money would be on!!

As the Austrian Oak used to say "Show them, show them the whole thing" !!

Ahh but I took the MDB with me last year. Plus I'll be working for the remainder of the day as they (the other company) are paying my expenses. I'll need to earn my keep.

Monday

I feel like I've somehow injured (jammed??) my left thumb but did not have any accidents. I've had this before and know it'll pass in a day or two.

One handed deadlifts

to 3 x 2 reps with either hand at 160-kilos

Tuesday

T/Grippers

usual warm ups - see comment above re l/thumb.

L/H: was off because of thumb so worked to several doubles with BBGM

R/H: to 3.5 x 3 x 1 reps and BBSE x VVN, 1, TnG, TnG, TnG

Wednesday

Late start - I thought I had a free morning LOL. Then, once in gym coaching (Naz) I was meant to do back but the RT handle was calling so...

RT (OH)

B/H: weights, as per only, handle etc not inc - 60-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 110-kilos x 1 rep, 113.75-kilos x 1, 1(TnG), 1(solid), 1, F, 1

R/H: 123.75-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

Thursday pm

Legs + coached Seb. He may be competing in the amateur British Grip Championships. I'd love to coach him to win.

Leg Press

worked to 694-kilos x Fail. Just sat there and did nowt. Dropped down to 674-kilos and got 2 or 3. So took a couple of mins rest and had another go. This time 694-kilos x 9 reps

Leg Ext

70-kilos x 8 reps, 105-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos negs x 8 reps each (2 legs up, 1 down)

Leg Curl

25-kilos x 8 reps, 35-kilos x 8 reps, 45-kilos x 6+1+1 reps

Showed Seb how to work on the Vulcan. But will use the lifts in the comp mentioned above from this point.

Friday

Chilled

Saturday

Nev went HEAVY on leg press (450kg+).

2HP

to +86-kilos (108) x 4 x 1 tough reps

Rim lifting*

Then, while training Seb (Yoke + Farmers) Loz and I joined in on rim lifting. Seb worked to around 60-kilos and Loz and I did either 70 or 75-kilos. My left hand dropped out at 60 or 65 but the right carried on.

* lifting a plate by the edge of the outer flange. Very hard on the finger pad skin.

Wednesday

Late start - I thought I had a free morning LOL. Then, once in gym coaching (Naz) I was meant to do back but the RT handle was calling so...

RT (OH)

B/H: weights, as per only, handle etc not inc - 60-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 110-kilos x 1 rep, 113.75-kilos x 1, 1(TnG), 1(solid), 1, F, 1

R/H: 123.75-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

Awesome!

Steve, you set the world record on 3.5 " handle dumbbell -83 kg. And what is your record on 3" handle dumbbell? Pulling circus dumbbell weight 202 pounds by Sorinex?

Best regards.Igor.

Nice work with the 108!

Parris

Nice work with the 108!

Parris

Sunday

Chest @ Gymnation

V/bench

0-kilos an arm x 12 reps, 20-kilos x 12 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 60-kilos x 10 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps (check)

Pec dec

46-kilos x 10 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 75-kilos x 6 ugly reps

Pec Flyes machine

5 plates x 10 reps, 8 plates x 8 reps, 11p x 6 reps

Nice work with the 108!

Parris

Cheers. My left Thumb's doing it's 'ouch, I feel like I've been hyper extended' again.

Tuesday

T/Grippers

B/H: usual warm ups

L/H: BBGM x 3 x 1 reps, HG350(N) x F, N, N, N, N

R/H: HG350(N) x 3 x 1 reps, HG350(O) x 3 x 1 reps, CoC 3.5 x F (PS) then 3 x 1 reps, BBSE x VVN, 1, VVN then done as the hand was shot.

Tuesday

RT (OH)

L/H: to 115-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

R/H: to 125-kilos x 6 x 1 reps

Good session. Coached Seb and Jacek.

Wednesday

Nev worked to a very nice PB of 200-kilos mixed grip thick bar deadlift. He was 'on' as they say. Sun and stars in alignment so we pushed it.

I did back AND one hand deadlifts.

1HDL

to 165-kilos x 3 x 2 reps each hand. Thumbless to 100kg, thumb over with 140 and then hook grip.

LPD

to 150-kilos x 8 reps - uglyish.

Low Row

to 140-kilos x 6 ugly reps

Nipped back for a shake and then coached Naz.

Thursday

Coached Seb and Jacek. During the workout I demonstrated some movements. Baring in mind I hadn't trained, had not taken a coffee before etc... I did a slow rep or two with 150-kilos using the v-handle on LPD, pulled 70kilos cold on the 2HP more than once and so on.

Friday

T/Grippers

Worked to an extra rep or two with the HG as planned. Then, as per how I felt on them last time, took the r/h to a 4 attempt or two..

B/H: usual

L/H: Seemed to have no probs at all warming up. If anything it felt better than the right hand but struggled to get my groove on the 3. However, once I did was ok. So: CoC 3 x TnG, TnG, 1 (solid), 1. HG350(new) x N, HG350(old) x VN, VN, N. Dropped down to the 3 again so I did the same volume as my right; CoC 3 x 1 and 1 over crush rep

R/H: HG350(new) x 4 x 1 reps, HG350(old) x 3 x 1 reps (2 were easy). CoC 3.5 x 3 x 1 solid reps. CoC 4 x N (about 1/4-inch).

2HP

worked to 108-kilos x TnG, TnG, 1, 1, 1 (best rep)

Sunday

RT (OH)

In spite of a late start and some work I ended up done by the usual time - no distractions maybe?? Started out ok but got better as each attempt was made. No belt throughout. On a couple I had to reset my hand and go again as per the rules.

B/H: +60-kilos x 6 reps @, +80-kilos x 3 reps @, +100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: +116.25-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

R/H: +126.25-kilos x 5 x 1 reps

Monday

A little annoyed at a 5am wake up call by some annoying locals banging doors etc. Coached Naz and Jacek

Shoulders n arms

BB Seated Press

It's been a while, what with the injury, so I didn't go too mad.

bar x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 4 reps

DB H/Curls

Usual faffing about on the last set getting a decent enough pair together

e/z bar 34-kilos x 8 reps (Naz had it set up so I used it to do the warm up), 20-kilos+ x 8 reps, 35-kilos+ x 8 loose reps

TPD

50-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos (too heavy today) x 4 reps so dropped to 80-kilos x 4 reps