Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Friday

Back

LPD

to 140-kilos x 8 reps. Not as good as I have done or would like. Need to bring this back up.

Chins

3+1+1 at 120+kg bwt

Low Cable Rows

worked to 130-kilos x 8 reps

Saturday

Due to work 2HP was distracted by coaching and Griptopz brought down by Nick McKinless. On one item, 'rim lift' I asked what was the best he#'d heard of anyone doing and was told '107-kilos' (by Loz Shahlaei and David Horne) so worked to a videoed 107.5-kilos. I felt I had 1-2 kilos spare. Pinch after that was a bomb hence Monday.

Sunday

Rest

Monday

2HP

worked to +87-kilos (109+) x 5 x 1 reps

Tuesday

PM:

RT work

Off due to grippers in the am

Wednesday

Legs

Leg Press

to 684-kilos x 6 reps - heavy but could have managed another rep (esp as last time was 6).

Leg Ext

to 170-kilos x 7 reps

Leg Curls

45-kilos x 8, 6 and 8 reps

Thursday

Worked with Carl from Wales who paid me for 2 hours+ of my time doing one-to-one grip work, tricks, techniques and advice. Also, as it was part of his workout, trained grippers at the same time. His aim was to work towards a HG250 close. 20 mins after arriving he'd managed it once (just setting tips) and before the time was up had it is 2 more times of about 6 attempts. All three of the non-successful ones were close and closer than he'd usually get. He left happy. :D

T/Grippers

L/H: CoC 3 x 8 x 2 reps

R/H: HG350(N) x 7 x 1 reps, HG350(O) x 7 x 1 reps, CoC 3.5 x 5 x 1 reps

Lots coming over later so rest and eat now....

Tuesday

PM:

RT work

Wednesday

Legs

Leg Press

to 684-kilos x 6 reps - heavy but could have managed another rep (esp as last time was 6).

Leg Ext

to 170-kilos x 7 reps

Leg Curls

Thursday

Worked with Carl from Wales who paid me for 2 hours+ of my time doing one-to-one grip work, tricks, techniques and advice. Also, as it was part of his workout, trained grippers at the same time. His aim was to work towards a HG250 close. 20 mins after arriving he'd managed it once (just setting tips) and before the time was up had it is 2 more times of about 6 attempts. All three of the non-successful ones were close and closer than he'd usually get. He left happy. :D

T/Grippers

Great to read how you helped someone close their goal gripper n read the singles on your 3.5...I don't own one, is it a few steps below #4?

Tuesday

PM:

RT work

Wednesday

Legs

Leg Press

Leg Ext

to 170-kilos x 7 reps

Leg Curls

Thursday

T/Grippers

Great to read how you helped someone close their goal gripper n read the singles on your 3.5...I don't own one, is it a few steps below #4?

1 step.

Well done to carl, what part of Wales is he from? also did you squeeze that grip tester?

About 2 hours away Merthyr Tydfil I think.

Me or Carl? Now or another time?

Edited by mobsterone

Friday

Coached Naz

PM:

Felt very off. Lackluster etc. Still...way better session than the last one.

RT

NH

B/H: +60-kilos x 6 reps @, +80-kilos x 3 reps @,

L/H: +87.5-kilos x 5 x 1 and 1 x 2 reps

R/H: +100-kilos x 5 x 1 and 1 x 2 reps

OH

L/H: +123.75-kilos x F, +120-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

R/H: +133.75-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

Baring in mind I used my hands all day I averaged 54kg

Thats above average, and as you said your hands were being used all day. Thats a good score, was it a awkward grip?

Saturday

2HP.

I may need to sort out a new nut buster style collar. Worked to 109 x 5 x 1 reps. Wanted more but it wasn't there. Skin sore too.

Sunday

@GN.

V/Bench to 85-kilos a side but r/shoulder far too sore to do more. I spent the rest of the session doing rotator cuff work.

Monday

I took a call from a mate who lives down Essex way and I may be asked to be involved in this - http://www.gunslinga.co.uk/articles/valhalla_festival. It's in July.

As with Excel (5000+ over the 2 days) and Bodypower (20,000+ over 2 days) it's a lot of people (10,000 expected) with good media and local community interaction. If I am, as before, I'm hoping for expenses, more of my name out there and a chance to spread the 'grip word'.

am: coach Naz and Jacek

T/Grippers

L/H: to CoC 3 x 8 x 2 reps

R/H: HG350 (n) x 7 x 1 reps, HG350 (o) x 4 x 1 and 2 reps (easy), then CoC 3.5 x an easy rep. Tried my hardish 4 and got it to 3/4-inch (felt like a brick), dropped to BBSE 2 x 1 reps. Done

Thursday

Started out with the same lethargy as before. Come time to hit the gym and I was a little better but on arriving and warming up I was as close to puking as I have ever been in the gym. Yet... a very good session ensued. My shoulder still holds me back on pressing but I did ok, curls were great and press-downs very close to being one of the better sessions I have had. Nev did shoulders and arms a few sets behind me. Blitzed his delts too.

Seated Press BB

Bar x 8+ (nearly puked), 50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 90-kilos x 3 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps (pump)

DB H Curls

10+ kilos x 8 reps @, 20+ kilos x 8 reps, 30+ kilos x 8 reps, 40+ kilos x 8 loose reps (1 arm at a time, holding a lighter bell in the other hand for balance). Scaled last bell at 43.8kg/96.5lbs

TPD

50-kilos x 8 reps, 70-kilos x 8 reps, 85-kilos x 8 reps, 90-kilos x 6 reps

Also coached Seb, Steve+Craig, Jacek and Chris

If you "loosely" curled 95.6 for 8 reps I bet you must be quite close to a strict rep with a 100 pounder. If you can do it in strict fashion that is most definitely worthy of a video Mobster!

Indeed.

Saturday

Busy. two shifts to get everyone in. Did a mish mash of RT work with Les Wiltshire who will be MC'ing at the NEC/Bodypower.

Sunday

Zilch other than spotting Nev on bench. Went to Robinswood Country Park with Layla, Chanel and Lee. I'm sunburned today (Monday) but it was great.

Monday

Freeview seemed to be playing up yesterday. Went out early, did errands and picked up another one.

am - coached Naz. wants to do a BP programme now.

T/Grippers

B/H: usual

R/H: HG 350(n) x 6 x 1 reps and 1 x 3 reps, HG350(o) x 1 rep, 3 x 3 reps (slightly reset between reps), CoC 3.5 x TnG, 1, 1 reps

pm - gonna be another busy one.

Tuesday

No Nathan (again) but Mike + 1 were moving stuff around in the unit to make more room. More later.

Back

Chins

LPD

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 8 reps

Low Rows

80-kilos x 8 reps, 105-kilos x 8 reps, 135-kilos x 8 reps

Wednesday

Completely forgot Naz was due - started him on a BP program today. First half was assessment of 1RM. Also saw Nathan. Should have more to work with later.

RT work

NH

BH: 60-kilos x 6 reps @, 80-kilos x 3 reps @

LH: 91.25-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (last one solid)

RH: 101.25-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

OH

LH: 120-kilos x 1, F (came up ok - dropped from top position), 1, 1, 1 reps

RH: 135-kilos x 1,1,F,F (too much too soon - dropped back to weight I should have done), 133.75-kilos x 1 solid rep

Same size as they were when I was last asked (a matter of record so somewhere on this site). I work with what I have and so should everyone else.

Thursday

Boiler only half fixed (so still not working) Grrr. Around 7am this morning I heard what I thought was rubble being poured into a skip. Turns out it was a lorry crashing into a shop front 2 streets away! I know they have lodgings above but as far as I know no one was hurt. Wow!

2HP

Bombed and died a horrible death so called it quits.

Boilers been faulty and or not working (combos thereof) for months. The Nathan is NOT Holle. He's mentioned elsewhere in my log. He's a wheelchair athlete who plays for the local basketball team.

Bloody boilers, my wifes brothers is a plumber, so i'm lucky in that sense. Is he training his grip also? i've often wondered if it pays to have a strong grip in basketball

Thursday pm

Trained with Nev

Double overhand thick bar deadlifts

worked to 2 x 1 with 180-kilos but lacked oomph.

2HP - thick

87kg plate x 6, 8, 7 reps

Friday

Leg Press

Worked to 694-kilos but this was too much too soon. I should have dropped it to either 674-kilos x 8+ or a little more not 20kg more. Two attempts and called it a day.

Leg ext

to 170-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Curl

45-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

mobster you should have told that guy who asked about your handsize a proper answer, he wouldn't have thought your lifts were less impressive after finding out they're like 12" :tongue :tongue :tongue

mobster, have you seen Sam Solomi and/or Paul Savage recently? Are they still training grip? Sorry to ask you but I recall they training you with several times and they haven't posted here for ages (or I've missed it).

Sam does a bit, I see his lifts from time to time on Facebook. Paul... not heard a thing for ages.

Sunday

T/Grippers

Usual warm ups

L/H: CoC 3 x 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 reps

R/H: HG350(o) x 2, 3, 3, 3 reps, HG350(n) x 2, 3, 3, 3 reps CoC 3.5 x 5 x 1 reps.

Good session and worked with Troy on his conditioning at the same time