Mobster's Wrist Roller Work

mobsterone

Thursday

@ Gymnation am (may do back pm)

V/Bench

Same levels of discomfort as before. 0-kilos x 12 reps.20-kilos x 12 reps, 40-kilos x 10 reps, 60-kilos x 10 reps

RT (used older handle)

worked to 4-5 x 1 reps per hand x 120-kilos loaded. Thumbless position grip seemed to help.

Tuesday

Coached Nathan and Kaylum. One new guy did not arrive.

V/Grippers.

Interesting workout. Started out with the standard spring. By standard I mean the one it came with which I believe is a batch 1 spring.

B/H: usual warm-ups

L/H: 5/5 x 3 x 1 reps, 5/6 x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 5/6 x 3 x 1 reps, 6/6 x VVN, TnG, TnG, F (poor set), N. Switched to orange spring. Using just the right hand I worked to 10/10 x 1 rep then ran out of time. I'm fairly certain that fresh I could max it at 11/11. I'll try that next time and then see how training with the Gold goes.

11/11! :yikes

Thursday

Back

LPD

70-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps 145-kilos x 8 loose reps

Low Rows

70-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 130-kilos x 6 loose reps

1 Arm D/B row

47.5-kilos x 3 x 8 reps an arm

Tuesday

Coached Nathan and Kaylum. One new guy did not arrive.

V/Grippers.

Interesting workout. Started out with the standard spring. By standard I mean the one it came with which I believe is a batch 1 spring.

B/H: usual warm-ups

L/H: 5/5 x 3 x 1 reps, 5/6 x 3 x 1 reps

R/H: 5/6 x 3 x 1 reps, 6/6 x VVN, TnG, TnG, F (poor set), N. Switched to orange spring. Using just the right hand I worked to 10/10 x 1 rep then ran out of time. I'm fairly certain that fresh I could max it at 11/11. I'll try that next time and then see how training with the Gold goes.

11/11! :yikes

Yep. It makes me question the standard and or rating of the spring I was using. However, I have three. The orange one and the gold one. Gold is supposed to be 3 levels higher so that would equate to 8/8 a side or level 24. I doubt I've got that much better so I'll max it, video it, then switch to a gold for further comparison.

Do send!! :mosher Well, a few levels lower, I still see you closing that #4 so. Still impressive work.

Friday

V/Gripper

had another go on the orange spring as I said I would. Worked to a 10/10 (level 21?? Based on a gold at the same setting is level 24 and an Orange is 3 levels below). Closed with the right hand and very near left hand. I took a stab at 10/11 (22) right handed but had shot my bolt.

Video being processed now and uploaded soon for your view. I'll switch to the gold for the next session.

Video of Vulcan prohibited by current GB guidelines.

Saturday

Coached Nathan and Kaylum. Trained after.

2HP

usual warm ups. +80-kilos (102) x 3 x 1 reps (of 4 = 1 fail), +82-kilos (104) x 3 x 1 reps, + 85-kilos (107) x 3 x 1 reps, +87-kilos (109) x fail. Stopped.

Monday

Shoulders n arms @ Gymnation

Seated Press Machine (arm raised as before)

arm x 12 reps, 1/2 stack x 8 reps, stack x reps, +45-kilos x 8 reps, 75-kilos x 6, 5 reps

DB H Curls

10-kilos @ x 12 reps @, 20-kilos @ x 10 reps @, 35-kilos @ x 10 loose reps @

TPD

started on usual pulley and then, after 1st set, switched to Nytram.

Stack x 12 reps, +25-kilos x 10 reps, +50-kilos x 2+6 (weight fell off and needed resitting). Hard last set.

Tuesday

Coached Kaylum (fitness) with Nathan coming tomorrow. Naz, previous regular, arrived and is now back in. Also training tomorrow (Reg Park style at his request).

V/Gripper

As previously noted I changed to the gold spring today for comparative purposes. Interesting results.

1/1 x 6 reps @, 2/2 x 3 reps @, 3/3 x 1 reps @, 4/4 x 1 rep @, 5/5 x 1 rep @

L/H: 6/6 x VN, dropped to 5/6 x 1 rep, 6/5 (level 17) x 1, 1, VVN, 1, VVN

R/H: 6/6 x 1 rep, 6/7 (level 19) x 1, 1, 1, 1, VN

As you can see that's level 17 left handed for several closes and level 19 for several right handed. Fairly close to my best past efforts.

RT OH work

worked to 5 x 1 (of 6) reps L/H and 4 x 1 reps (of 6) with 120-kilos loaded (about 122.75-kilos total)

Wednesday

Nathan and Naz (note to self re DD for Naz).

back w/o

LPD

70-kilos x 8 reps 110-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 8 loose reps

Low Row

60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 8 reps, 130-kilos x 6+1+1 reps

Thursday

2HP - thick

worked to 98.5-kilos x f, dropped back 2x and it was shot. Ended up doing 2,3,3,3 reps with 83.6-kilos at 67mm thick. Skin on both thumbs chewed up.

V/Bench

0-kilos (each side) x 15 reps, 20-kilos x 15 reps, 40-kilos x 12 reps, 55-kilos x 10 reps, 65-kilos x 8 hard (on usual place) reps

Pec Dec

1/3 stack x 12 reps, 1/2 stack x 10 reps, 3/4 stack x 8 tough reps

Saturday

Legs with Neville at Whey Consortium Gym

Leg press

120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 374-kilos x 8 reps, 494-kilos x 8 reps, 669-kilos x 15 reps (usual form for last set)

Leg ext

100-kilos x 2 x x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 8 reps

Leg curl

15-kilos x 8 reps, 25-kilos x 8 reps, 35-kilos x 2 x 8 reps (hard 2nd set)

2HP

worked to 107-kilos with Loz doing (tgt of 3 x 3) 3 rp reps. 3 rp reps and 2 rp reps. Dropped to 82-kilos x 6+4 rp reps

Helped tape up one of Kye's mates finger (he was feint etc) when he mashed it against the stone platform. He'll probably lose the nail.

Sunday

V/ Gripper - gold spring

Usual warm ups - mostly sitting down.

L/H: 6/5 (L17) x 1,1,1,VVN, 1,1,1 (6 total)

R/H: 6/7 (L19) x 1, VVN, TnG, dropped to 6/6 x 1, TnG, 1 (TNG done sitting, standing up was easy), back up to 6/7 x 1 (ps) and 1 good.

Strong work Steve. Question: Are most of your singles block sets or 'just' normal sets?

You are doing gripper work every 3 or 4 days, is this your best routine for recovery?

I see you sometimes do pinchwork/openhandstrength between in that recovery time, does that

effect your crush much?

Oops. that were 3 questions :rolleyes

Strong work Steve. Question: Are most of your singles block sets or 'just' normal sets?

You are doing gripper work every 3 or 4 days, is this your best routine for recovery?

I see you sometimes do pinchwork/openhandstrength between in that recovery time, does that

effect your crush much?

1) What's a block set?

2) Yes

3) It can and does do but didn't today. Thick bar effects it more.

effect your crush much?

1) What's a block set?

2) Yes

3) It can and does do but didn't today. Thick bar effects it more.

1) Block set = 20 mm set.

2, 3) = thnx.

Monday

waited until 1035 for Naz then went to GN for RT workout

RT OH

set up (pin, clip and handle weight) not included

B/H: 60-kilos x 6-7 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep

L/H: 115-kilos x 1, F, 1, 1/2, F

R/H: 121.25-kilos x 4 x 1 reps, dropped to 115-kilos x 7 reps

Wednesday

Attempted to save Gymnation VAT. They had a sign up stating that two products, inc Multipowers 'Fit Protein' had gone up due to the new VAT rate. But, as far as I know, such products are zero rated. So... I asked, if I was correct and they not only did not have to pay VAT but could claim back as far as they were allowed what they'd over paid I could get a years free membership.

Also trained:

2HP - thick

worked to 93.6-kilos x 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2. Tore skin early on so used a different spot on my thumbs and carried on. With my back and forth to the gym office the volume (inc the double reps) was higher as the rest was longer.

Thursday

Coached Nathan an Kaylum. Trained at the same time as Nev, Seb and Marick this evening. Earlier, while looking for the still not found tin opener I managed to slice my left hand middle finger on a very sharp knife. This made gripper work impossible. I warmed up ok only to have the wound start bleeding once I got to the CoC 3 gripper. So right hand only then. I also did a little more work than usual on the Heavy Grip grippers as I have been hired to assist the Heavy Grips UK distributor at Bodypower (I asked and they said yes).

T/Grippers

usual warm ups then: CoC 3 x 2 x 1 reps, HG 350 (older version) x 3 x 1, HG350 (new) x 3 x 1 reps, BBE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1, VVN (poor set), 1, VVN

MDB

Started off poorly worked to a hold at almost a full deadlift. MDB = Millennium Dumbell.

One hand lifts (various)

150-kilo dumbbell, 180-kilos on set up, then 220-kilos (just). All for fun. Seb and Marick had a go as well. Not done these for months.

Thursday

Coached Nathan an Kaylum. Trained at the same time as Nev, Seb and Marick this evening. Earlier, while looking for the still not found tin opener I managed to slice my left hand middle finger on a very sharp knife. This made gripper work impossible. I warmed up ok only to have the wound start bleeding once I got to the CoC 3 gripper. So right hand only then. I also did a little more work than usual on the Heavy Grip grippers as I have been hired to assist the Heavy Grips UK distributor at Bodypower (I asked and they said yes).

T/Grippers

usual warm ups then: CoC 3 x 2 x 1 reps, HG 350 (older version) x 3 x 1, HG350 (new) x 3 x 1 reps, BBE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1, VVN (poor set), 1, VVN

MDB

Started off poorly worked to a hold at almost a full deadlift. MDB = Millennium Dumbell.

One hand lifts (various)

150-kilo dumbbell, 180-kilos on set up, then 220-kilos (just). All for fun. Seb and Marick had a go as well. Not done these for months.

Sorry to hear about the cut on the hand, I get annoyed when I can't train my grip right :whacked Nice on the MDB near full deadlift :bow Way to end the day strong :rock

Friday

Off

Saturday

back work / 2HP

Lat Pulldowns

70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos x 6 reps

Low Rows

80-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 135-kilos x 6 reps

Dumbbell Row

47.5-kilos x 8 reps easy, 80-kilos x 2 x 6 reps a hand. Easy right, v tough left

2HP

worked to +70-kilos when wound on previously knackered finger decided enough was enough (spots of blood)

Sunday

@ Gymnation

RT (OH)

took my time (a beer or two with Nev last night followed by some fine Rib Eye (yum) at 9pm and a lay in today meant I was in no rush). Both hands upped in weight. All poundage is over set up weight as per.

B/H: 60-kilos x 6 reps, 80-kilos x 3 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep.

L/H: 112.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps. Couple were rock solid.

R/H: 122.5-kilos x 3 x 1 and 2 x Fail. Dropped to 100-kilos x 6 reps

Monday

Some issues with one tenant (seemed to have missed the weekend and his tagged curfew... awoke today and saw he was still in and pointed out it was Monday which came as a shock to him) to deal with. Printer is playing up as well grrr. I think Naz is off doing his SIA course so went to Gymnation (warmer - back to freezing locally).

T/Grippers

worked to similar levels as last week but was able to use left hand. I went to a few attempts at an HG350 with that hand (near only) and BBSE x 2 x 1 reps right.

V/Bench

ran out of time for last set

handles x 12+ reps, 20-kilos a side x 12 reps, 40-kilos a side x 10 reps, 55-kilos a side x 10 reps... no time for 65-kilos+ x reps