Next week goal: 145 right, 140 left

130x6x1

Sledge levering like last week

5/4

Throwing

Bends:

warmup

5.5" g8 fail, 6" g8 fail DAMN IT!!!

Least the throwing went good. Throwing the 56# WFD with only 1 spin and it goes farther, cool. I stay in the trig every time, very cool. Ready to quit my day job, go pro, get rich and famous..

Goals For Sean:

Be as big as Jason

Get more tatoos

Learn how to spell tattoos

Each more wheaties

Wish Deaner good luck on the Highland games from Denali

Looks good on the throwing man just keep it up. When I get back we can focus on bending stuff, huh?

I need to swing in and get that Elite from you Jason before I leave on Friday. I will call you.

-Sean

Just make sure you call from the top of Denali! I shoulda dropped off the elite on one of my passes thru. Thanks for letting us use your gate/ field out back. I just got back from king fishing, empty handed but at least the skeeters are well fed. Yeah after the games and Denali we should make a serious go at the bending and get on that ironmind list.

5/6

RT sucked today, did a few singles with 125 and it was tough. Spend the good part of the day fishing, maybe all that holding of the pole wore out my grip?? Didn't eat much either.

5/7 throwing: weak there as well..

5/11

Bends 5.5" g5 x2, 6" g5 x2

Roller 44x1, 88x2x1 PR and I did it twice

Thowing went well, hammers sailed!

6/13

RT

100x3x1, 125x1, 130x5x1, 125x5x1

Lots of sledge work, snatches, tossing, levers, wrist curls, reverse 20 minutes or so. Can't figure out why my RT doesn't improve, had a bit of progress a couple of weeks ago and it's going stale. Maybe still fatiqued from roller on Sat.? I doubt it, but the forearms were a bit sore from something. Gonna shoot for 90# on roller Saturday.

6/15

2 hand pinch 90x1, 100x1, 120x1, 130x1, 140x1

Blob attempt/force/negative x3x1

6/18

Roller 44x1 88x2x1

Hit the weights a bit today, weather sucked. Games next Saturday!

6/20

RT:

110x1, 120x1, 130x8x1

couldn't really go heavier, baby sleeping downstairs

Sledge levering, snatching, tossing, and curls til fatigued

First highland games saturday:

Had a blast! Stone 24' LWD 45' LH 90'!! HWD 23' HH 65' WFD 10' and Caber, was I supposed to throw that thing?? It was ugly. Farmers walk at the end 191', very dissapointed, lost my grip and that wasn't supposed to be my weakness, I had 100' left in the tank. Turned first corner, noticed I had the weights by my fingertips, "what the hell?" i thought to myself. Overconfidence and I didn't pay any attention to holding on tight. Happy with the light hammer and heavy weight for distance. They were all PRs, 5th place overall, 4th Alaskan. I am hooked. Its better than beer, and they even provided that! Now to put on some muscle..

deaner my friend I am glad you finally was able to compete in your first highland of the season on Saturday. I wish I had been able to be there with the family to cheer you own. :rock You did good because most people including me would not have even entered, so your strength in courage shines through. You will only get better from here as you can always learn form the mistakes and find the weaknesses to make stronger for next time. You will get your groove down and get groovy in that kilt! :laugh Sounds like all in all you had fun and that is what really matters, because we both know we have to do and endure many things that isn't so when it all connects you win no matter what the results.

Now your next goal is?

Don't really know about the next goal. I will be continuing to throw 1 day a week, I was gonna stop til next spring but I am truly hooked. Gonna start hitting the weights hard, 2 days a week to start. Tuesday Legs/back Thursday Shoulders / chest / arms. Want to really up my front squats, cleans, overhead press. Might do a little cardio monday, wednesday, friday just enough to stay fit, swimming, sauna, hot tub, you know the real tough stuff. Grip wise might just start really working on the bending, maybe KTA, maybe pinch and get the blob off the floor. Pinch, bending, roller, that would be good practical strength stuff. Then when the snow hits I will add a day in the gym, work on deadlifts probably. Just want to find a way to not have to work so I could really focus on family and training.

2 workouts at the gym (tuesday, thursday), man am I weak. Hoping to do highland games in august if I get the day off, its in Washington. Wanted to really focus on RT but haven't really seen any improvement, real discouraging. Would like to hit 25 feet in the weight for distance and 11 feet weight for height, I suck at the stone so I will work on that too, will throw on saturdays, 3 events, 45 minutes or so. Cross them fingers I get the day off so I can go..

7/3 Got the 13th of August off, going to Whidbey!

7/3 Grippers:

Tx5, #1x1, Filed #2 x1, Super master x1 right, failed left

#3 attempt just to see (its been a while) 1/4" right 1/2" left

Filed #2 x 5 right, 4 left

Blob attempt x1

Thumb clamp x 5x1

7/4

Grippers 1x1, 2x1, SM x3x1

RT: 100x1, 120x1, 140x1, 145x2x1

Thumb clamp 5x1

7/6

Grippers

warmup them super master 4x1

Thumb clamp 6x1

7/7

warmup

Supermaster 5x1

Thumb clamp 7x1

7/8

Grippers warmup, #3 attempt, SM 3x1

RT 110x1, 120x1, 130x1, 140x3x1

Thumb clamp 5x1

about 1/8" on the #3 with set

Got in some good throws today, hit leg doing WFH and can barely walk, oops. Have lines across my leg from the plates, have no idea how long for it to heal, hopefully be walking ok tomorrow, hope to be in the gym tuesday. Hitting 23. 5 feet on 2 spin HWD, better than my 1 spin, 22'11" at games, and this weights 57#, probably had a couple around 24', very happy with that, hope to hit 25' in august. Really flung the light weight, didn't measure though.