deaner

3/5

Grippers:

warmup then:

#3 attempts x 3

Blob attempts x 3

30# hex snatch 2 of 3 rt., 1 of 3 left

RT: 108x1, 118x1, 128x1, 133.5x1/0 failed w/left

Card tears: Trumps easy, Maverick FAILED Grr!

Roller: 56# x3,3 Thats my 56# HG WFD/WFH getting use

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deaner

• smp76

• BigT

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

3/7

Grippers:

warmup, then 3x #3 attempts first attempt 1/4" both hands

Elite negs x 5

Blob attempts/drags x 5

2 hand blob + 15# x 3 holds, + 20# x 1 hold

No progress on that #3

3/9

grippers: warmup, SM x5 right 5/5 left 0/5

Blob attempt/force/negatives x 5

Roller: 50x1, 70x1, 80x1

Plate curls: 25x8, 3x10's x4

Time for KTA, my training is pretty stagnant and I've been doing enough volume that I'm ready. Guess my first full week will start Monday with Sunday being my off-day.

3/11

Grippers: warmup,

3x #3 attempts all around 1/4" both hands

Elite neg x1

Thick DB Wrist curls: 20x10, 40x2x5

Thick DB deadlift: 95x1, 105x3x1

Time to rest up... Going to war starting monday...

11/14

Started KTA today. First workout went well, attempted #3 and it was my best yet, don't figure I can really post the training since it would defeat the purpose (somewhat) of charging for KTA (since someone could just look at my log and copy it). I'll post on mondays just to maintain the habit. At the end of this I really hope to close the #3 or at least get it down to 1/8" both hands and close it after another cycle, wishful thinking maybe?? I will know in 10 weeks..

Deaner,

You can post comments on progress, PR's, etc. without being too specific - i.e. disclosing the KTA program specifics. Paul's been doing so and I'm sure Wanna would give him a heads-up if he were getting too warm :-)

I'm doing my own version of a program sort of based on KTA..But I did post specifics at one time my first time I did KTA and revealing the reps and sets and so on isn't really fair to Bill and the board. You can write obsevations, things you encountered..but not the exact layout..for obvious reasons. Please post and keep us updated on how KTA is going for you!!

If you are at 1/4" from the #3..after KTA you will probably be using it for OC's!!!!!

3/15

I got 135 for 3 reps on a hang snatch/ overhead squat (DEEP) thats a PR and it felt easy. I love this lift, 2 in 1 and it's tough. Today's KTA felt good. Already have a split on my right ring finger, shit, thats my luck though. 8 singles today, 8 yesterday. I only have a filed #2, but it'll do.

3/17 Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!

Got some throwing in at a nearby field, dog shit everywhere!

KTA went well, I hope it's ok to tape your hands, cuz I'm doing it.

First week down. Off day tommorow, then some real volume next week. I'm hoping my skin holds up, I was able to go without tape today. 46 total singles, not counting warmups, 37 thumb clamp singles.

3/21

Todays KTA felt good. Right hand #3 attempt 3/16" and 1/4" left measured by my wife, who's ability with a ruler could be questioned. If I got 3/16" right thats a PR. Skin recovered nicely with the one off day. I have a feeling it starts getting hard from here on out.

Starting to hurt now. Day 4 week 2, still hitting all my goal singles. Contrast baths are starting to feel better than sex, possibly due to my hands being so callused..

I wish I'd have taken some attempts on that bastard #3 today, cuz damn I'm feeling strong. Made all goal singles. I can't understand why I'm stronger when it seems like I should be overtrained. Almost feel like I could file the #2 more, but yesterday I could barely do them with my left hand. Much stronger today.

3/26

Thats it for phase 1 week 2. Tommorow is a rest day. Skin hurts but my overcrushes were stronger towards the end of the week, and my thumbs must be getting stronger cuz I can point them straight forward instead of straight up now. I look forward to Mondays #3 attempts. I might have to move up to the #4 for negs and file my #2 more.

3/28

#3 attempt= 3/16" both hands

SM noset attempt rt=3/16", left 1/4"

No set attempts hurt w/right ring finger, the one I hurt on a noset attempt w/SM last year. Screw that noset stuff, I will do the tetting certs w/my left hand I guess. I like the MM certs more and more. Less bullshit and just as good as any other cert in my opinion. Wondering how much harder the MM1 is than my 2004 #3.

3/30

Back trashed from yesterday workout, hang snatch, zerchers from the floor, front squats, pulldowns.. Still hobbling around in pain and in pjs. Hands HURT. Made all singles. I have no idea how I will be able to finish this week, I will though, and next week will be back down week.. Supposed to go throw tommorow but we have a bunch of fresh snow. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Goodluck Deaner, you will own that #3, if your 3/16 inches off you'll have it. Pdoire is right , you'll be using it for overcrushes and then...wait I hear something...the click of an elite falling :laugh

Goodluck Deaner, you will own that #3, if your 3/16 inches off you'll have it.  Pdoire is right , you'll be using it for overcrushes and then...wait I hear something...the click of an elite falling :laugh

Man I hope your right, this KTA is tough!! My hands spent alot of time in the sink doing the contrast bath thing today, just wish it would help my skin. I'm thinking of putting electric tape on my Elite so the negatives don't keep tearing my hands up. The overcrushes feel strong, scary strong sometimes, I think the gripper will just explode.

Just like last week, feeling real strong at the end of the week. Hands hurt but holding up fine. Left hand has some painful blisters under calluses, never seen that before. Tried some negs w/ the #4, thats a big step from the elite! I don't know if the elite will be tough enough for the severe negatives, but the #4 is too tough. Maybe file the Elite? Don't know if I need the easy week, but I'll be sticking to the program. I am curious to see my strength on the #3 after some time off. I am doing a little more thumb clamp work than prescribed, but I want that blob down the road..

Thats it for week 3, this next one is backdown week, hopefully my hands will heal up nicely, only one bad spot, left middle finger has painful callus still. Plan on some really nice attempts this next week. I'm at 3/16" both hands as my PRs and my goal for KTA is to get it to 1/8". I guess ideally I'd like to close it this time around and work towards credit card set close next time. My logs beginning to look like a diary. I really need to get a life.

It looks like you're making good progress, Deaner. If you ever get any stuck spots w/ KTA, ask Paul Doire, he's a know-it-all with KTA. :D

I see you're also wanting to get the blob lifted... are you aware that there's a KTA program for the Blob, as well? :)

It looks like you're making good progress, Deaner.  If you ever get any stuck spots w/ KTA, ask Paul Doire, he's a know-it-all with KTA. :D

I see you're also wanting to get the blob lifted... are you aware that there's a KTA program for the Blob, as well? :)

Yes I am, have you tried it? I haven't heard anything about it. I think that after getting the #3 I won't have too hard a time with the blob. It feels like you can get in alot more volume with blockweights, and with the volume I've been doing w/KTA I can't even imagine what my hands can handle when I focus on the blob. And with the blob work I'm figuring I might be able to work in some bending or RT, with KTA for grippers, you can't do anything else. I miss my thick wrist roller. This daily training has made me realize just how much the hands can handle if you're smart about it. Cool avatar by the way.

Thats it for week 3, this next one is backdown week, hopefully my hands will heal up nicely, only one bad spot, left middle finger has painful callus still. Plan on some really nice attempts this next week. I'm at 3/16" both hands as my PRs and my goal for KTA is to get it to 1/8". I guess ideally I'd like to close it this time around and work towards credit card set close next time. My logs beginning to look like a diary. I really need to get a life.

My friend 3/16 of an inch, your close man. Keep going with KTA, you never know when the crush will surprise ya :laugh