Deaner's Log

deaner

11/30

grippers tx10, #1x5 warmups

Rb240n 1/3 right, 0/3 left <-- this is sad but true

Rb300n slow neg/ #1 OC

Levering madness began and made up for crappy gripper day, my forearms and wrists are fried, maybe try this "slim" style bending next time I do sledgework, I tried a timber tie lightly wrapped at the end of the levering and didn't get it, thats tough, should be able to do at least that, I am really interested in pure wrist bending, the vid of Tommy Heslep getting the g5 with the slim style was f***ing insane, probably coolest bending feat I've ever seen.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deaner

• smp76

• BigT

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

12/1

upper body stuff

pullups/pushups feet on swiss ball 3x6/10

reverse grip chins/hands on ball pushups 3x6/10

shoulder stuff/ a little arm work

itching to bend now.. probably monday

12/2

blocks 30x5, 35x5, 40 3x 1,1,2 right 0,0,1 left

slim style bends 6" x 3/16 crs x1, 5" x1, 40d x1, failed on a 6" timber tie, I feel it too much in the elbow when I keep arms straight, but 90 degrees felt pretty good, I like these a lot! Actually feel it in my forearms and wrists!

Thick roller 45x1, 80 3x1

12/4

Grippers SM failure, Rb240n got 2/3 right, zippo left

Levering, Slim style bending 3/16" stuff bent back and forth just working wrist and technique til they broke, did 3 of them

Roller 50# 1x3

My grippers need work, but do I really have the desire, they just don't get me all that excited anymore, just plain boring, give me my blocks over them damn grippers anyday. (easy to be negative about something I suck at I guess..) Hope I get that 50# hex soon.

12/5

Shoulder health stuff, played with my kids new "elepant fun" game til exhausted, finished with intense pizza pinches, tearing, and chewing.

12/6

blocks 30x5, 35x3, 40 x 2,2,1 rt 1,1,1 left

35 x10 rt/ 9 left

30 cleans x 8 both

Thick roller 60 1x3

neckwork

12/10 sunday

Blocks 30x5, 35x5, 40 3x1

bends (strict) 3/16 x7, 6 warmups

40d fail, these are tough done this way, too short!

6" TT fail these are tough too, when you're too weak to bend them!

Theres a reason 60d bends were at one time world class..

Anyone who thinks that bending reds and beyond proves wrist strength is wrong, here I am failing on timber ties and 40ds! I have never seen a red bent with purely wrists and really doubt that I ever will, this brookfield style maybe, but has anyone ever seen it?

12/14

grippers warmup, then IM 2.5 2/2 right, 0/2 left

the 2.5 was jack hammer seasoned while the spring was being cooked with an oxy-acetyline torch, naw straight out the package and squeeky as hell

blocks: 30x5 40 5x1 5/5 right 3/5 left

sledgework/ roller later tonight

• 2 weeks later...

12/25

blocks 30x5, 35x1, 40x1, 50 hex attempts x2 think I'm closer with my blob, I can get that with a little assist, but the hex is real slick!

vbar 100x1, 175x1, 210x1, 220x1

sledge lever 8# to nose for max reps

Right: 12 coulda got more but might have tweaked it

Left: 15 (right tends to get strained from old bike wreck)

just wanted to get some end of year maxes to work on in '07

next workout will be grippers and thick dumbell and maybe roller, then after that it'll probably '07 and time to work on some prs and consistency!

12/28

Gripper warmup then:

IM 2.5 x1 rt. x0 left

Rb240 x1 rt, 2.5 x0 left

SM x0 right, 2.5 x0 left

#1 no set x9 right, 7 left

Thick DB 50x5, 70x3

90x1 rt/ 0 left

80 3x1 both

wrist work lots of it

and thats how I end '06, lots of room for improvement, I really suck right now so monday while most are hungover I will be training.

1/1/07

Blocks

30# tosses

40#x1, 30#toss, 30# by the face x1 each hand

35# x5, 30# toss

I like them tosses a bunch

Sledgework xlots of hard sledgework ;)

did a few front levers off the floor with 8# sledge (long handle) with fist on floor, don't know what this is called but it is easier than regular front lever, either way I've never got that before and it wasn't real hard for my left, little tough for the right

I plan to do the BBB if they accept my asking to join in so my training will reflect it more.

• 2 weeks later...

1/16

its been a while but felt real strong today, especially the block singles

Blocks: 30# tosses, 40# single, 30# tosses, 40# single, 30# tosses, 40# single

RT: 108x5, 123x0, 113 x2, 108x4 rt/3 left <-- still suck at these! some things never change!

Sledgework: Front levers knuckles to floor leverup to vertical alternate with lever to forehead, and other top secret lever training. I will be posting another workout soon, or I will put a sword through my belly, Sebukai or something like that..

What no gripper training? You slack ass. I am going to have to come over and borrow some of your many grippers to motivate your arse. Block weights look good though.

-Sean

Sean-

No grippers, I just can't get motivated for them like blockweights and other stuff, you are welcome to borrow some any time, that way at least they will get used and not just rust up.

You got anyone else interested enough for us to have a little informal grip contest sometime? I still wanna have one locally but I just can't get anyone else interested enough. I'd like to see vbar, blockweight farmers walk, and levering as events, and I'd bet you'd want grippers, bending, so theres 5 events, we just gotta get the bodies and some trophies and lots of good beer together. Maybe no trophies, but definately lotsa beer! I might be able to get some beer from Midnight Sun, a sponsor type thing.

1/17

Vbar 155x1, 190x1, 210x1, 225 5x1

Thicker vbar (between standard and loading pin) 100x1, 135x1, 170 3x1

Should have gone higher on vbar, just wanted to do some singles with moderate weight, but my grip on the bar felt so good, but I showed restraint. I like vbar but still doubt if there is any value in it other than a good next day after a good workout workout., but my forearms are sore today so it musta done something.

1/19

Blocks: 30# toss, 40# single x3 of each YEAH!! These are great!

the alternating of these 2 makes it seem like you are really crushing the block, tosses gotta be the best or real darn close to the best grip excersise out there.

Thick DB deads 58x8, 78x5, 89x2, 78x8, 69x11

Front lever/Rear levers + other top secret sledge levering til popeye got jealous and gave me 50 bucks to put the hammer down.

And now for 2 days to let the guns grow..

Sean-

No grippers, I just can't get motivated for them like blockweights and other stuff, you are welcome to borrow some any time, that way at least they will get used and not just rust up.

You got anyone else interested enough for us to have a little informal grip contest sometime? I still wanna have one locally but I just can't get anyone else interested enough. I'd like to see vbar, blockweight farmers walk, and levering as events, and I'd bet you'd want grippers, bending, so theres 5 events, we just gotta get the bodies and some trophies and lots of good beer together. Maybe no trophies, but definately lotsa beer! I might be able to get some beer from Midnight Sun, a sponsor type thing.

1/17

Vbar 155x1, 190x1, 210x1, 225 5x1

Thicker vbar (between standard and loading pin) 100x1, 135x1, 170 3x1

Should have gone higher on vbar, just wanted to do some singles with moderate weight, but my grip on the bar felt so good, but I showed restraint. I like vbar but still doubt if there is any value in it other than a good next day after a good workout workout., but my forearms are sore today so it musta done something.

We should look into it.

-Sean

• 1 month later...

I have been training but haven't got a chance to log in any workouts.

2/22

block toss 3xmax w/30# hex alternating w/

40# hex deadlift 3x1

Thick DB DL 2x10 78#

8# sledge curls/tricep extension 3x10

pullups w/assist ss w/pushups x10/15

rotator cuff stuff and yoga daily, at least thats the goal, 4 days streak w/both

grip workouts have looked basically the same for the last month, sometimes squeeze the #1 a bit, RT a couple times

• 4 weeks later...

3/18

Thick DB 78 3x10, gonna get a all steel one, this pvc grip sucks ass

pullups 5x3

30# hex tosses 3x max

15 minutes cardio

rotator

workouts have been few and far between, I will be real proud of myself is this changes sometime soon. I plan to do some more tommorow, wrists, cardio, knee stability

Have been a sorry sack of you know what lately, but I look good and smell good and all the chicks dig me.