Deaner's Log

deaner

3/27

Fat man trys crazy man's ladders

pullups/ pushups

2/10-2/12-3/15-3/18 total 10/55 will add a little each time I guess

1st 2 sets of pullups were with eagle loops, don't know if I like those for pullups.Aand the pullups were lousy, nose to bar forget the chin, man those make me feel fat! Tommorow=CARDIO

Might have to look into getting real pullup bar.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deaner

• smp76

• BigT

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

3/27

Tried both 2004 #3 (rated by bencrush at 3.3) and new #3 to see which one was tougher, I gave it 50 more closes first. Tried '04 first, sucked, 1/2" right, then tried the new one and got it to about 1/8", tried it again and about the same, really binding up last bit, maybe needs some lube. Gave it another 50 closes and will squirt it with WD40 again. I think this will be a good 3.0-3.1 ish gripper, if the binding gets better. Is it normal for a gripper to do this? It makes alot of noise. It has a 2 15/16" spread just like like the '04 but the spring is set a little higher than flush.

#1 10x10 for fun, I have a cracked callus that hurts like hell so the #1 felt real good.

nice job on the hard#3 :phone

3/27

Fat man trys crazy man's ladders

pullups/ pushups

2/10-2/12-3/15-3/18 total 10/55 will add a little each time I guess

1st 2 sets of pullups were with eagle loops, don't know if I like those for pullups.Aand the pullups were lousy, nose to bar forget the chin, man those make me feel fat! Tommorow=CARDIO

Might have to look into getting real pullup bar.

Nice work man. I have made a nice addition to my pull up set up in my garage you should come over and check it out. Also, you could bring your new #3 over and we could see what it is all about :whistel Take care man.

-Sean

That sounds great, I don't know when though, this weekend is shot already. I'm gonna try and build a nice pullup rack in my room, definately would like some expert advice. Maybe Saturday or Sunday?

Saturday not good but Sunday looks okay, also I will be ordering a MMG1 and MMG2 replicas from Tetting tonight so we will have those to play with and train for...

-Sean

Sounds good Sean. I'm wondering how that MM1 compares to these 3's we have.

3/29? it's wednesday

tx10, #1x3, rb240nx1

#3 attempts tried 2 each to try and compare them

I still think the new ones a bit easier, mostly cuz it's easier to set and the knurling is sharp where the old ones worn.

Got the new one down to 1/8-1/4", attempts with the 04 were 1/2"

I've had that sucker down to a hair from closed and closed it with a choker, kinda frustrating.

Elite neg/filed #2 OC x1

40# hex 3x1

Blob attempt/force/negativex1

3/31

tx10, #1x3, rb240x1

New #3 attempt x1

old#4 attempts in choker at parallel x2 just missing rt, 1/8-1/4 left

crush must be off cuz i can usually close it in choker

filed#2 OC/ elite neg x1

40# hex x1

Blob AFN x1

35# hex alternating deads x15

4/2

new #3 attempts x2

old #3 in choker attempts x2

nothing worth mentioning on either one

Rb240 10x1

#1 rt x 35, left x 38

Put a very feminine little wobble on a hex bastard, I'm not bending though, it bugs my shoulder. Thats the last attempt for a while.

4/5

warmup

noset rb240 attemptx1

new #3 attemptx1

choker old #3x1

filed #2 x3

thumb clamb x3

I think this was the first time I worked grip and really didn't feel like it, usually it's the highlight of my day, now I'm sad.. :cry

4/5

warmup

noset rb240 attemptx1

new #3 attemptx1

choker old #3x1

filed #2 x3

thumb clamb x3

I think this was the first time I worked grip and really didn't feel like it, usually it's the highlight of my day, now I'm sad.. :cry

How close on the #3 nowadays?

I'm down around 1/8" on the new one usually, todays was around 1/4" and the choker attempt was about the same, just awful. I was getting fairly consistent w/the choker closes, think it's (my training) getting a little stale and it's time to mix it up a bit. I'm sure dieting is not helping.

I was getting fairly consistent w/the choker closes, think it's (my training) getting a little stale and it's time to mix it up a bit. I'm sure dieting is not helping.

That's just what fat people say! :tongue Get your ass in gear Jason...you are doing just fine, perhaps over training? Or the fact you are knocking out pull ups all the time and that is affecting your crush. You are doing fine man, no sets the RB240, is a few 1/8" on a #3 that weighs in at a 3.3 you should be happy man. I am. You have always been a great motivator and competition for me, so what if you had an off day. YOU ARE THE MAN, now get after it!

-Sean

Yeah, your right, it was not a good day, just kinda off, been a little grumpy. Next workout I will be in top form. Think I will switch it up a bit though, maybe more reps, or volume work w/ the choker will do it. More blockweights too.

4/7 started KTA that new #3 will be owned at the end of this.

I forgot to say the MM1 replica of Sean's will be another goal for the end of this KTA nightmare.

4/8

Cardio 10 minutes rowing 20 on treadmill: 12 jogging (3x4 minute)

KTA day 2 of course too.

4/10

Pullup/Pushup

2/10, 3/10, 3/10, 6 PR!/20, 5/15, 4/10, 3/10 total: 26/85

Happy with the pullup progress, they aren't pretty but they'll do.

KTA still going well, mixed it in with the pull/push today.

Nice work man!!!!!

4/11

Deadlift 225x5, 8x3 325

weighted cruches, russian twists

Cardio 10 row, 10 walk, 10 run

Weight 244

Got real close with an attempt on the new #3

4/11

Got real close with an attempt on the new #3

Soon my friend, soon.

4/15

Still doing KTA, this was day 2 of week 2, hands holding up good so far. Felt REAL strong yesterday, but no attempts on #3. Got 12 singles yesterday and 12 again today.

4/14 pull/ push

6/10, 3/10, 2/10 all 1 set then 4/10, 2/10, 2/10 lot tougher going back and forth no rest between sets.

Bodyweight was 242 thursday, shoulder x-ray looked good, so doc says soft tissue damage and refered me to another doc, maybe get some kind of shot in there.

Cortizone shot baby! Not a cure but it will help.

4/20

Havent kept up last few days, missed 3 days of grip and pull/push but got cardio and weights tuesday and cardio and weights today, BDW was 240 on tuesday. Think I'm just losing weight on my face though.

4/20

Havent kept up last few days, missed 3 days of grip and pull/push but got cardio and weights tuesday and cardio and weights today, BDW was 240 on tuesday. Think I'm just losing weight on my face though.

Ha! :yikes You said on your face!

Pullup/Pushup 3/10, 3/10, 4/10, 4/10, 4/10, 4/10 total 22/60

Grip: 2 or 3 MM1 attempts, none very good

2.5" pinch, 2" pinch , vbar, Negs w/ mm2 oc's #2 x3 each

Lot of fun getting together tonight man, glad you liked the pinch set up. Was great to get the all out grip-a-thon out of the way before my trip. See ya when I get back bro. Thanks for kicking my ass on V-bar you :rock man.

I expect you to have solid MMG1 closes when I get back! I left it with you for a reason...

-Sean