Deaner's Log

deaner

June 14th and no sign of Deaner? Soon we call out the search party lamb ass. I bet you are just out buying a new wardrob you skinny bastard!!!! :tongue

Hugs and kisses you sappy bastard, now post your workouts damn it or throw something for distance.

-Sean

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deaner

• smp76

• BigT

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

6/23

Been a while but gotta start back up:

filed#2x1, #3 attemptx1 bad Rb 240n x3 missed w/left all 3

RT/Eagle claw pullup 2x3

pushups 2x10, sledge front and back x1

6/26

Filed #2 MM0 setx 5,5,4 rt 3,2,3 left

RT 11x3, 121 3x1

Blockweight 35x1, 40 3x1

Sledge front/ back 2x5, twists and tosses x1

• 2 weeks later...

7/7? (friday a.m.)

Grippers tx20, #1 5x10

Sledge curls/ extensions 3x10 superset

I am back in for the MMG1 in mid-August, you want to tag team it or be a witness? Let me know and I will try to set up the deal. Keep at it mad man. Looks like work has got you down a bit Jason. You may need an good grip get together to fire you up. Give me a cal and we can rally at my house!!! :rock

-Sean

7/10 monday

Tx10, #1x10, filed #2 x1, Rb240nx1

Old#3 parallel in choker 1/8" or less right, 1/4" left

Filed #2 x6 rt/ 3 left

#1 5x10

Sledgemania, fried em good, 7/11 sore forearms

A grip get together sounds good Sean. I'll call you when I figure a good time. Probably this weekend would work in the evening, but I gotta bring the little gripster.

7/10 monday

Tx10, #1x10, filed #2 x1, Rb240nx1

Old#3 parallel in choker 1/8" or less right, 1/4" left

Filed #2 x6 rt/ 3 left

#1 5x10

Sledgemania, fried em good, 7/11 sore forearms

A grip get together sounds good Sean. I'll call you when I figure a good time. Probably this weekend would work in the evening, but I gotta bring the little gripster.

Bring him. He is my good luck Grip Leprican.

-Sean

Tx1, #1x5, Rb240nx1

Hg300 attempt missed my a hair

Filed #2 x6/4

40# hex x1

35# x3

30#x10

Sledgemania

Watched some UFC while doing slegdework, I think I'm ready.

7/18

Finally got into the gym. Did a bit of everthing. Need to kinda have some goals so I canget motivateted. 30 minutes weights, 30 cardio.

BDW:227

7/21

trainerx10, #1x10, #2 x5/3, #1 5x10

sledgework (sledgework=forearm size)

-Still need to get together Sean, sorry I haven't called I have been working too damn much and it doesn't seem to get me ahead.

7/18

Finally got into the gym. Did a bit of everthing. Need to kinda have some goals so I canget motivateted. 30 minutes weights, 30 cardio.

BDW:227

I see we no longer read our own signature lines ehh? And yes stop working so much, you make the rest of us who do not work in the summer feel bad...and we do need to get together and get crazy...

-Sean

Had a fun workout today

trainerx10, #1x10, filed #2 x6/4, Rb240n x2

30# hex clean/press, 35 c&p 40 DL 2/3 right, 1/3 left

35# hex DL x5 rt/ 3left

Right hand repping #1 while holding 30# hex w/left 28 reps til droppin the block, then switched hands, got 23 reps with left before dropping the hex w/ my right

These were fun.

Got burned for 650$ trying to buy a puppy, everything looked good and now some piece of shit has 650$ of ours and we won't be seeing our puppy. My fault for being so stupid I guess. I'm in quite a crappy mood right now, that was all the cash we had, be careful with buying stuff on the internet, even what appear to be legitamate breeders in Kentucky that turn out to be scam artists in Africa! I'm glad I believe in Karma. Good people tend to be too trusting (or is that stupid?) At least I have the gripboard to vent to. My kids were expecting a puppy tommorow, I spent alot of time getting our fence puppy proofed, thinking of a name, all that crap. I'm dealing with alot of knee pain lately, I'm gonna try accupuncture because I don't know what else to do, I'm in pain every day, it hurts to walk, my doc says surgurys no good and no pain meds for me because.. well, I don't know, I always thought they gave em out like candy, I hobble in and they say ice em, good luck. I spend alot of time on my feet and feel like either an old man or a total pussy or just born frail and weak. None of them good things. OK no more venting, I'm gonna go sit in the car in the garage, vroom vroom, and listen to some Springstien.. It's been fun. :sleep

Damn Deaner! Very sorry to hear about the knee and the fleecing. Some people are shit and hopefully, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, they will come back as SHIT! Hahahahahaha! Let that thought buoy your spirits a bit. Although you might be too nice to get any comfort from that. It gives me great comfort though where I work. :cool

Damn Deaner! Very sorry to hear about the knee and the fleecing. Some people are shit and hopefully, if there is such a thing as reincarnation, they will come back as SHIT! Hahahahahaha! Let that thought buoy your spirits a bit. Although you might be too nice to get any comfort from that. It gives me great comfort though where I work. :cool

Thanks man, I'm doing much better today. Made a trip to Canada and back wednesday/thursday and took my trainer and #1 and it went like this:

Wednesday PM: trainer x10/15/20 no set no chalk, #1x10/15/20/20/20/20/20 no chalk w/set 5x10 extensor then 5x10 no set inverted closes with the trainer.

Thursday AM: Now I have passengers wondering what I'm doing..

trainer 3x10 no set, #1 20 sets of 5 no set or chalk more extensor work, developed a nice blister and it helped kill time.

Friday: just sledgework. grippers, sledgework and blocks is all I've been doing for a while, kinda re-building my foundation, and trying to keep some strength while working lots of extra hours. This winter I hope this foundation will pay off. Gonna add some roller work soon. Kinda been itching to do some bending but I think I will keep waiting until my sledge is super strong and I can rebuild some upper body strength that I've lost in a bad way. I can still lever a 16#er to my nose and really wanna get the front lever with my 8#. I just do the 16#er to the nose on occasion to show off at work.

8/2

Grippers tx10, #1x10 no set

Rb240n no set attempt/fail 5x1 w/set

Blocks 30 c&p x1 35 c&px1, 40 dl x1

Sledge superset hammer curls/ lever to nose 3x10 w/8# kinda light for the to-the-nose and gotta choke up on the curls, that was a short sledge workout, normally too big to bother writing it all down

• 3 weeks later...

8/18

been a while since I posted a workout, have done a few workouts though.

today I did a little yoga, a little grippers, and a little indian bell. I will be working less after this week and plan to start hitting it more intensely and frequently.

8/21

grippers at work: tx10, #1 no set no chalk 15x5

at home: pullup/pushup superset 5x5/10

A little levering and yoga before bed.

These are the things I'll be focusing on for a while, will add blocks too

8/22

Grippers at work again tx10, #1 no set no chalk 30 sets of 5

right shoulder suckin again, doc appt next tuesday but figure Ill be walking into one soon for some temporary relief, sitting here with the big blue ice pack duct taped to my shoulder, it's actually kinda comfortable, just wish I could wear it all day. Anyone got any tips? It's like theres glass in there, ouch, maybe there is, I've had alot of nights I don't remember..

8/23

thick clubbell wrist work in a.m.

grippers at work tx10, #1 no set/no chalk 20x5

hello blisters

8/25

warmup w/ clubbell

blockweights 30#x5, 35x3, 40x1, 35x3, 30x10

Rb240n x 1/0 (rt/left), 1/0, 1/0

blocks take a bunch away from grippers if done first

Clubbell and sledgework til pumped and pooped

8/25

warmup w/ clubbell

Looks good buddy. We need to get together sometime man! You still working a bunch?

-Sean

8/25

warmup w/ clubbell

Looks good buddy. We need to get together sometime man! You still working a bunch?

-Sean

Work has slowed a bit, my days off are thursday through saturday now so it should be easier too.

Maybe this weekend?

Todays workout 8/29

grippers at work trainer x10, #1 30x5 no set/ no chalk

got cortisone shot in right shoulder, I have an impingement and a bone spur, he thought it looked like my shoulder had been dislocated at one time, I said maybe, I don't remember, I think he thought I was nuts. I start physical therapy tommorow, he thinks I should be able to throw again and be ready for the highland games next year, time will tell.

Work has slowed a bit, my days off are thursday through saturday now so it should be easier too.

Maybe this weekend?

Todays workout 8/29

grippers at work trainer x10, #1 30x5 no set/ no chalk

got cortisone shot in right shoulder, I have an impingement and a bone spur, he thought it looked like my shoulder had been dislocated at one time, I said maybe, I don't remember, I think he thought I was nuts. I start physical therapy tommorow, he thinks I should be able to throw again and be ready for the highland games next year, time will tell.

rehab will of course include bending short steel bars right? I will call you about this weekend. Take care of your shoulder man. Are they going to scope that spur down?

Either way get better man.

-Sean

We are gonna avoid surgery if at all possible. I'm supposed to do rehab with the band 2xs a day. No heavy lifting yet. Gonna start light dumbell work real soon though. I think the cortisone shot is helping already.

Todays workout 8/31 or 9/1?

grippers: tx10, #1x5

filed #2 no set attempt got it right, 1/8" or less left

#3 attempt, not pretty, I think it's been working out, 1/4" both

Rb240n singles x5

Rb300n neg x1/ filed #2 OCx1

Blocks: 30x5, 35x3, 40x1, 35x3, 30x10

sledgework

9/5

grippers tx10, #1x5, filed #2 no set close x1 got it right, no on the left

new #3 attempt.. not pretty

Rb240n singles x5