Deaner's Log

deaner

First day of back down week, expected better attempts, but no PR today. Still think my hands are fatigued. I was kinda mad at myself because I really expected more. I know I will reach my goal of 1/8" by the end of this, but a close would be real nice. I've got to get the #3 monkey off my back.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• deaner

• smp76

• BigT

• pdoire

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 2 new stones, was able to load the 1st one no problem into my jeep. 2nd one got to my lap but couldn't load it, so my mom, bless her heart (and her strong back) went with me and helped me load it. Mission accomplished- a new goal stone and a tough one I can't yet shoulder but can get up for some serious training. The best part is that theres a bunch more, hundreds of stones of all sizes. Was real funny looking at my jeep, sagging in the back, and springing up when the big one came out.

Split open right pointer finger on 3rd #3 attempt. Yeeeoow! Was superglued, but I guess even superglue has it's limits. Never seen a split so deep. Back is fried from yesterdays workout. I'm seeing grass, it's time to get throwing. We just had a little earthquake.

Split open right pointer finger on 3rd #3 attempt. Yeeeoow! Was superglued, but I guess even superglue has it's limits. Never seen a split so deep. Back is fried from yesterdays workout. I'm seeing grass, it's time to get throwing. We just had a little earthquake.

Hope you heal up, and take it easy

All glued up and decided to make my #3 attempts in chocker set to parallel, AND BAM!! 2 of 3 with the right, and 1/16" on the left. What a feeling, feeling the handles touch, even grind a little on the second attempt with my right. I'm loving me right now. Gotta run, me and myself need some alone time..

Starting phase 2. Don't know if I like these strapholds, like overcrushes better, don't quite see the difference, just a pain trying to set the gripper, set the strap, and different weight for right than left. Oh well. Came real close again on my attempt, but no cigar, can't quite get the right position using the other hand. Negatives w/ #4 are brutal, and with the elite it just stays a bit better than parallel, wont open, cant close, dont know what ones better for the negs.

Day 3 phase 2, calluses are huge, and tend to split on the sides. Superglue, superglue, superglue.. Did a little neck work with grip. Those neck supports are killer. Did some singles with 160, can't imagine 400!!

Negatives with elite, 1 w/#4, still not a straphold fan.

Week 1 of phase 2 ends tommorow, todays workout felt pretty good, strong but skin hurts. Getting more negatives with the #4, mixing them with elite.

Thats it for week 1 phase 2, 46 singles for the week. Did some neck work, probably be a saturday thing for now on.

4/19

Missed yesterdays workout, just couldn't fit it in.. Not very happy about that, have worked too hard to go missing workouts now. Good news is I came within a hair of closing the #3 w/parallel set today.

Theres a whole week down the crapper. Hit or miss all week, got in a few, made the mistake of removing the calluses on some of my fingers. The skin underneath fell apart and it has hurt just to make a fist. Tried out the RT last night because it's nice to the fingers. 10 singles worked up to 135 right, 130 left, not too much of a drop in that since I haven't done it in a while. Have no idea what I will be doing as far a gripwork now, tired of daily training and bleeding fingers.

keep going my friend. I'm in KTA now also in Phase 1 week 3 and my hands are tired to. KTA pushes you to the limits and you must try and stay consistent. You must have a do or die attitude. I give it everything I've got and am satisfied with that. When you recover and feel your strength go up...you might just surprise yourself with a #3 close :rock Stay strong

YEah, keep it up. I am in phase 2 week 1, starting off today. I really want it bad, but sometimes it IS hard to get your desired amount of singles.. But keep at it!!

Decided to get in a workout at home, skipped the gym. Stomach feeling a bit rough. Tuesday is back/legs hitting hang snatch, overhead squat, front squat, rows and some abs.

Did some 1-hand deadlifts: 160x1, 185x1, 210x5x1

Deaner Squats: 210x5, 230x3x1, 160x15 these are tough

(weight on loading pin, hung from strap around neck w/pad)

Choker closes: #3 parallel: fail SM wider than parallel: fail , thats terrible, kinda pissed at that, but damn they hurt!! Hating the grippers right now.

Bent: 6" grade 5 easy, 6" grade 8, not so easy, failed, not enough initial bend to crush it, out of practice, mad at every aspect of my training right now, very hard on myself, need a vacation, mexico would be nice..

Edited by deaner

Relax Jason,

You are doing great man. You need to come over sometime for some grip related madness. I have the Gripinator now so we can get stupid real quick. But keep your chin up bad ass. Just remember how excited you were when you closed the #3 in the choker. you still rock in my book man.

-Sean

Thought I'd do a bunch of singles on the RT, 125x5x1, thought it'd be a warmup weight, very weak on it today. Roller 50x1, 70x3x1 Still can't bear the thought of touching my grippers. Probably start fresh on monday. Gotta find a workout I enjoy, the grippers ain't cutting it and I do this mostly for fun. If I can fit in a bit of variety and still work towards the #3 I'll be happy.

Played with the blob some, alternated short negs 6" drop, and overcrushes (just squeezing the piss out of it while it lies on the floor) x5 singles each

I'm thinking I might do M-W-F grippers KTA style

And T-T-Sat RT, narrow pinch, wide pinch 1 day for each of them

Maybe some bending on Saturdays too and throw in the roller on 1 day probably tuesday workout, levering too?

Tues: RT, levering Thurs: pinch, roller Saturday: Wide pinch, bending

Just unsure about gripper performance day after that kinda stuff

5/2 Grippers #3 in choker parallel, barely missed both hands

SM in choker to parallel 5/5 right 3/5 left, the right hand were overcrushes 5 sec squeezes

Dropping hard gripper training, highland training wins out, hands need healthy skin, M-W-F probably choker stuff/ oc's do other stuff the other days as time and motivation permit, throwing every chance I get til weather starts to go, and some stone lifting

5/4 Choker work #3 attempt same as monday, 6/7 left 7/7 rt. on SM

5/5

RT 125x5x1 130x2x1 rt. 2x0 left

V-bar 205x1 215x1

6" grade 5 x1, 60d x5

V-bar sucks, bending is fun

5/6

Grippers:

#3 Parellel set: 1/2 right, 0/2 left

SM 1" set: 4/4 right, 1/4 left

SM 7/8" set: 3/3 right, 0/3 left

All done with choker 23 singles for week

5/9

Grippers: Choker closes:

#3 parallel 0/2 both hands

SM 1" 5/5 right, 3/5 left

SM 7/8" 3/3 right, 1/3 left

Disapointed with #3 attempts, so close

5/10 RT 125 x2x1, 127x3x1, 125x2x1

1" revolving handle holds for time 165# x2

Not improving on RT

5/12

Choker: #3 parallel 0/2 both hands

SM 1" 5/5, 2/5 SM 7/8" 3/3, 1/3

Bends: 5.5" grade5 x1, 60dx3, 5" g2x6

5/14

Farmers walks 165 or so a side quite a bit of walking

Some bends, some squeezes on gripinator

5/15, 5/16 very sore shoulders

A little over 1 month to first highland games!!! Then on to fame and glory, damn I'm sexy in a kilt! Goal is to win farmers walk and top 5 for events in open class.

5/12

Bends: 5.5" grade5 x1, 60dx3, 5" g2x6

Keep going on the #3 man and don't give it. I've been reading your log and your getting close. The SM singles I see your hitting consistently...nice :) Last have fun at the highland games :laugh

5/12

Bends: 5.5" grade5 x1, 60dx3, 5" g0  2x6

Keep going on the #3 man and don't give it. I've been reading your log and your getting close. The SM singles I see your hitting consistently...nice :) Last have fun at the highland games :laugh

Thanks, only one highland games so I'll be back full bore after June 25th, maybe KTA or maybe a program of my own creation, too hard to give up wrist roller and RT, plus gotta get the blob up.