NEW MEMBERS Introduce Yourself Here

Sybersnott

hey im Bill, 22, 5'10", 205. i got into grip training back in highschool in 06 and 07 for wrestling when jedd and smitty from diesel crew were training a teamate who ended up placing in state. at 17 years old i closed my #2 out of the package.back then they didnt have the #2.5 and the #3 seemed like an impossible feat . didnt do any lifting or training in college, went to work in the National Hot Rod Association working on a top fuel dragster then a Nitro funny car team and realized as a mechanic grip strength is a big part of my every day job. so after the 2011 season was over i bought a #2.5 and closed it out of the box with no specific grip training in 4 years. after that i realized i might finally be ready to go after my long time goals again. I WILL close my #3 and want to make it on the Mash Monster board. after my fire was re-lit i've added a BBGM another #3 (my old one had some rust on the spring b4 cleaning it) and a MM1 replica to my collection. Currently im about 1/8"-1/4" away from closing my Grand Master and 1/4"-1/2" away from my #3.my mm1 replica lands somewhere inbetween the two. my long term goals are to close the #3.5, BBE, and MM3 (or higher) cert. I have alot of respect for this website and its members and i hope to gain the knowledge and strength to achieve my goals from those who have been down the same road.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm 35 years old and been doing pt most of my life. Started out with some karate and stuff when younger and since the age of 15 I've had weight training as one of my hobbies. I've been doing loads of running, cycling, mma, but I guess lifting weights has been the only sport that has last during all these years.

Last few years I haven't done that much weights because 2,5 half years go i got into bouldering. I had to lose some weight to gain results in bouldering. And I did. Even though I had reasonable good hand strength I also had to do some grip training for climbing because not many things prepare your fingers for bouldering on overhanging wall/rock.

This october I decided to take bouldering less seriously and do more weights again. I got interested in olympic lifts. But my plans changed when I got injured and had to go through surgery. Before that I was in ok shape: raw benchpress max was not my highest but still 2,2 times my bodyweight. I could do 3 one arm pull ups with both hands, 5 seconds front lever and could raw snatch more than my bodyweight. All this because my body weight was much less than when I did bench press, dead lifts and squats more seriously.

After surgery I couldnt do any pt for several weeks but three weeks ago my doctor told me it's ok to start doing some grip training. I started out lightly with foam ball and in every training session I tried harder gripper than the last time. Two days ago I managed to MMS close coc#2,5 twice with my right hand. Did few reps with coc#1,5 with my left which is the injured side so can't squeeze with it properly. Gripper training is very much different than grip training in climbing so my crushing strength is not yet at my best. 2 years ago I tried coc#2,5 after 2 hours bouldering session and got it to 1 mm with no setting.

But I guess when I get my left shoulder area back in business, my hand strength will be soon back and beyond as my overall strength will come back.

Anyway, the reason why I signed to this forum is that while starting my gripper training I got interested about training programmes and gripper setting techniques and found this forum. If I understood correctly this is the forum to be.

Two days ago I ordered coc#3 and Beef Builder SM 5/8" from Gripper Superstore and my goal is to close that #3. Hopefully in next 5 months but it might take longer because sometimes these things take time.

Hi David, nice to see you here! haha, guess you have a busy time now you're in the diapers again! :)

David, very nice to see you back on the Gripboard man! I visit your WOG forum often and enjoy it immensely.

Hello,

My name is Seung-Min Bae, and I'm from South Korea.

I have been working as an armwrestling promoter for a long time in my country, and during my education in America (PA & NC), I was blessed to make lots of grip and armwrestling friends.

After I came back to my country, my friend and I founded a company "MANUS" which is the first and only manufacturing company specialized in grip and armwrestling equipment in Korea.

I wish someday all international gripsters get together and compete in one place. Till then, I would like to communicate online here in gripboard and other grip communities around the world.

Live Strong!

First out, I have been involved in both bodybuilding and powerlifting since the age of 14. I go back to the days when Harold Poole won the Mr. Universe contest and trained a few times with him in Jersey City. I also was a training partner of Anthony Ditillo and Arthur Petridis when we trained together at the YMCA in Elizabeth, N.J. Yes, I am now 64 years old but still enjoy the feel of the weights. I heard about this website froma podcast of Superhuman Radio and thought it would be interesting.

First out, I have been involved in both bodybuilding and powerlifting since the age of 14. I go back to the days when Harold Poole won the Mr. Universe contest and trained a few times with him in Jersey City. I also was a training partner of Anthony Ditillo and Arthur Petridis when we trained together at the YMCA in Elizabeth, N.J. Yes, I am now 64 years old but still enjoy the feel of the weights. I heard about this website froma podcast of Superhuman Radio and thought it would be interesting.

Welcome to the GripBoard!

i originally started weight training for sports when i was about 12. i am now 38. i had shoulder surgery in college from a football injury and got pretty lazy after that. i played a ton of sports but did not weight train a lot. about 6 years ago as i started to realize i was slowing down and couldn't keep up with the early 20's kids any more i started to get back into weights for my fix. i discovered kettlebells and gymnastic rings. they were great for my shoulder.

i am not sure how i stumbled upon grippers but i guess if you read about strength stuff as much as i did i was bound to happen upon it. i got a CoC T about 8 months ago and was suprised at how hard it was. i was the strongest guy on the block. turns out my block is pretty weak. i set a goal to eventually close the #2. i went john broz on my T repping out sets throughout almost every work day. i owned it pretty quickly and got the #1. the #1 got the same treatment and i got to over 15 reps after several months.

i recently started training with a formerly competitive powerlifter. he used to train grip a lot and i restarted his fire. i now do rolling thunder and axle work there. i got the #2 and am literally 2-3 MM from closing it. i think i am frying my hands and am gonna back off on the daily work. it is gonna be tough because i am obsessed with using grippers for over 20 sets a day during work. oh well, i hope to learn a lot here and maybe set a new goal for the #3.

Edited by bubba29
  • Like 1

hello my name is henry i got a youtube channel under the name of gripster1986. I'm really new to this gripper training and did not relize how many people do training like this. the first grippers i bought was the heavy grips about 2 years ago,and didn't really workout on them. Then about a year ago i order a #2 COC in the mail and i found out that i could close it but only once. i keep trying to close it that whole day and could not. i got discouraged and stopped training till about 2 months ago. i just got it in my head that is is going to take some work to start closing these grippers. My goal is to certify on the #4 but is going to take some time. just closed the 2.5 so i'm working on closing the #3. Im 6'3" tall, weigh 350 pounds, and 25 years old. i train with grippers once a week with severe negatives. Grippers have always interest me for some reason

i originally started weight training for sports when i was about 12. i am now 38. i had shoulder surgery in college from a football injury and got pretty lazy after that. i played a ton of sports but did not weight train a lot. about 6 years ago as i started to realize i was slowing down and couldn't keep up with the early 20's kids any more i started to get back into weights for my fix. i discovered kettlebells and gymnastic rings. they were great for my shoulder.

i am not sure how i stumbled upon grippers but i guess if you read about strength stuff as much as i did i was bound to happen upon it. i got a CoC T about 8 months ago and was suprised at how hard it was. i was the strongest guy on the block. turns out my block is pretty weak. i set a goal to eventually close the #2. i went john broz on my T repping out sets throughout almost every work day. i owned it pretty quickly and got the #1. the #1 got the same treatment and i got to over 15 reps after several months.

i recently started training with a formerly competitive powerlifter. he used to train grip a lot and i restarted his fire. i now do rolling thunder and axle work there. i got the #2 and am literally 2-3 MM from closing it. i think i am frying my hands and am gonna back off on the daily work. it is gonna be tough because i am obsessed with using grippers for over 20 sets a day during work. oh well, i hope to learn a lot here and maybe set a new goal for the #3.

hello my name is henry i got a youtube channel under the name of gripster1986. I'm really new to this gripper training and did not relize how many people do training like this. the first grippers i bought was the heavy grips about 2 years ago,and didn't really workout on them. Then about a year ago i order a #2 COC in the mail and i found out that i could close it but only once. i keep trying to close it that whole day and could not. i got discouraged and stopped training till about 2 months ago. i just got it in my head that is is going to take some work to start closing these grippers. My goal is to certify on the #4 but is going to take some time. just closed the 2.5 so i'm working on closing the #3. Im 6'3" tall, weigh 350 pounds, and 25 years old. i train with grippers once a week with severe negatives. Grippers have always interest me for some reason

Welcome to the GripBoard!

Hey!

My name is Peter.

I started training grip the spring of 2011.

I'm soon able to close CoC3 with my right hand and CoC2,5 with my left.

My best 2h pinch so far is 85kilos.

Damn I really want to master the grippers :)

Hey, my name is Brandon, I'm twenty and I have been weight training on and off since around age twelve. I messed around with grip training a little bit a few years back, but never got too into it. I started up again more seriously this past November and have been focusing a lot on bending. My best short bend is 5 inch 1/4 CRS, though a few days later I could barely kink a 6 inch cut from the same bar. Today I bent 5/16 CRS cut to ten inches, having to brace it over my thigh for the kink, but I was still thrilled with that. I do some gripper work, and would like to cert. on at least the #3.

I'm currently working on one-hand pinching two 25lb plates, I can nearly clear them, and if I dead lift with both hands I can hold one-handed for about two seconds.

I like doing open or wide hand work with thick bars and objects, and I enjoy making apparatuses for training. One of my favorites, which I haven't seen anyone else do, is the broken off head of a rubber mallet that I drilled a one inch hole through and use as a very thick handle; I believe it's a little over three inches.

I also like to read and write; I had all of that typed out without realizing I had even said anything.

Anyways, I'm glad to be on the board.

Hi I'm Paul 25 12stone UK,

I used to do Matt Furey's 'combat conditioning' that was a fair few years ago.

I'm now following 'Convict Conditioning' by Paul Wade, in the aim to doing 1 arm handstand pressups! (Prob in about 10 months time).

Forum looks like it's got some good info! Just bought the book Mastery of Hand Strength so you've got me! :p

I've got a powerball (with no display need to upgrade), hand grip and this:

Wrist-Exercise-Machine.jpg I have no clue what it's called! :-)

See you on the forums!

Edited by Blundell

Hey! My name is Kenny and for the past two years I've been training for powerlifting. How I became involved with grip strength is, when I moved here to Pittsburgh and joined the gym I go to now (Celli's Fitness Center) I met a couple who are very involved with grip training, bending, and doing grip strength competitions. Listening to them piqued my interest, and we'd all been talking a while and I asked them one afternoon if I could join them when they trained...

And after the first grip training session I did with them I was hooked.

Bent my first shoe during that session, just a small ultra-lite #1. And some 1/4" cold rolled steel... They also taught me two-hand pinch and, we did a few small medleys too. I've enjoyed training with them on the occasions I get to, and I'd like to get more involved.

I'm actually signing up to do the Grip Strength Challenge in Wooster, on the 11 of February. My goal at this competition is to set a few new PR's and increase my exposure to the sport.

Anyway, that's me, and this is a great board! Thanks for your time in reading this.

Welcome to the brotherhood Kenny, glad to have you here! Good luck in your future competition >>>------------>

Hello!

I`m from Russian Federation, my name is Vano. age 24.

I am seven months of training with grippers. A week ago, I closed the COC №3 parallel set.

I want to certify MM0, captain of crush coc №3 and later MM1

Hi all my name is Kev. I am based in Kingston upon Hull, England. I have trained in gyms on and off since 1995, but have recently got back into training after an 8 year lay off. I have always had reasonable grip strength, but have never trained it seriously. (once taped 2 ASDA grippers together to make it harder, but thats about it!) Decided to buy a captains of crush 1.5 about a month ago, and was surprised how fast you can make progress. was able to fully close it on the first day, and do sets of between 6 and 12 reps after 2 weeks. Have just bought the number 2 gripper, and could fully close this on first attempt (but can't do this all the time!). I don't think this is bad going, as I have a relatively small build, and smallish hands. My hands are permanently sore at the minute, but are toughening up gradually.... having a desk job doesn't help! Hoping to keep progressing. the COC number 3 is a long term target at the moment.