Morgan's Grip Log

maidenfan

09/08/11

10 mile ride - 7 mile outrigger paddle - 10 mile ride home

60 miles on the bike and 20 miles of paddling in the last three days

How's the weight loss going?

Very slowly - but still progressing. I'm down in the high 240's low 250 range (depends on the day) now.

09/10/11

Braemer stone throws - 16lb shot x 60, 28lb shot x 40 (30/20 per arm) - threw both for distance and height

Portland stone throws - 97lb stone x 25

100 pullups (one set of 12 - worked down to sets of 5's).

45 mins of drift boat rowing & swimming

Man, I challenge somebody to find a more explosive full body movement than throwing

Nice to hear, I've never tried stone throws, just have to find me one :grin:

Go down to your local river - the rocks are usually nice, round and smooth.

09/11/11

2.5 hrs on the bike

09/12/11

25 pullups (sets of 10, 9, 6), 50 ring pullups (sets of 5), 10 x Ring "Morgan Man Makers" (5 sets of 2).

Ring man makers - ring chin/pull - to toes to bar (rings) - to inverted L-sit, intervted L-sit row, roll over backwards to toes to ground, back to inverted L-sit, another inverted row, L-sit toes back to ground = 1 rep

1 hr of rowing and swimming in the lagoon

50 more pullups while mowing the lawn - 10 sets of 5

Lots of wrestling, boxing, running, ring work and pullups the last few days.

09/23/11

Ring pullup/Ring dip circuit - 5 ea x 10 sets - 40 min run - 25 regular pullups (sets of 5)

Lots of riding, some running and calesthenics the last few days.

09/26/11

Ride to Mt Tabor, 50 weighted pullups at the top (sets of 5), ride home (1hr 20mins), Ring work and handstands after

• 2 weeks later...

10/7/11

Boxing and wrestling - 2 min rounds w/30 secs of rest - one of the bosses came in and boxed and wrestled with us tonight - left hooked him good and submitted him w/an arm bar (he thought he was cool so I had to)

10/8/11

2hrs 15mins on the bike, 200 pushups and 200 ring rows (sets of 20 & 15 circuit style), 50 pullups

10/9/11

2.5 hrs on the bike

10/10/11

45 mins of swimming intervals

Also pretty much did the full splits today (front to back style), a goal for a while. Still need some time, but all the stretching is paying off

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of cycling, swimming, handstands, parallette, ring work and stretching (lots of stretching) over the last few days.

10/7/11

Boxing and wrestling - 2 min rounds w/30 secs of rest - one of the bosses came in and boxed and wrestled with us tonight - left hooked him good and submitted him w/an arm bar (he thought he was cool so I had to)

10/8/11

2hrs 15mins on the bike, 200 pushups and 200 ring rows (sets of 20 & 15 circuit style), 50 pullups

10/9/11

2.5 hrs on the bike

Nice on the pushps rows and ups...that's a real workout right there

Thanks man.

Pullups/handstands/ring work, swimming, running and cycling.

Lots of pullups and 2.5 hrs on the mtn bike (34 miles 2500' climbing) today

• 1 month later...

Still training hard - hope everyone else is doing good

11/28/11

Crossfit style circuit - 25' walk on hands, 25 pullups, 1 mile run w/hills x 5 sets in 1 hr 27 mins

• 1 month later...

Lifes good - been working out like a champ. Hope ya'll had a good Christmas and have a happy New Year!

12/29/11

100 pullups, 200' walk on hands, 100 abmat situps (totals - done sets of 5-15 circuit style), 44 min road run with dog.

12/30/11

20 rep squats (Bar, 95, 135, 185), Elliptical (15 mins @ 20 elevation), 25 toes to bar and 30 mins hard hill walking on treadmill.

High rep squats felt good.

Still hanging in the high 240's - mid 250's depending on the day - been here a long time. I feel good and my pullups and other exercises are still slowly getting better so no worries.

01/01/12

45 min run and double KB snatches - worked up to an ugly single w/the 40kg bells.

• 2 weeks later...

Been doing a lot of wrestling and boxing the last few weeks - more people interested at work.

Yesterday

10 mins elliptical, 30 mins of free standing handstand pushup & walking over obstacle practice (weight plates to start), 50 pullups, neck bridging & a 55 min road run w/the dog

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday

66 mins of running on the trails at Mt. Talbert

Today

Loaded up 1500lbs of sandbags and kettlebells and hauled them up 4 1/2 flights of stairs to their new home at the work gym. 1 hr 44 mins on the mtn bike aftwards

• 1 month later...

3/6/12

Skip rope 5 mins

Tabata w/ring supports (dunno real name - hold the top of a dip position) - tougher than it sounds

Sandbag push/pull - partner drill - push 200lb sandbag on carpet 50', pull it back. Partner gets to rest, but must hold a 100lb bag on shoulders x 4 rounds

Light OHS

Pack 200lb sandbag down 4.5 flights of stairs then back up.

1 hour bike ride.

03/7/12

Wrestling w/two buddies - 90 sec round - fresh guy for 90 sec more - rotate out for 90 x 6 or 7 rounds (forgot)

45 min run later that afternoon

03/08/12

Crossfit 12.3 (24" box jump x 15, 115lb pushpress x 12, 9 x toes to bar - as many rounds as you can in 18 mins) x 7 rounds. Switched to leg raises after first round - toes to bar kill me after a few rounds (I guess thats the point, no?).

1 hr 10 min hard ride on the bike a few hours later.

Wanted to try it with a buddy for fun - top guys are in the 12-13+ rounds.