Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

You and me both

• Like 1

12oz curls are technically a workout 

• Haha 1

That's what I'm talking about. Living the highlife. Very cool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Get Strong week 4

Loadable Dumbbell Level Lifts 3x2 per set
Left 
82 x2
84 x 2
85 x 1 
83.5 1 
82.5 x1 

Right
82 x2
84 x 2
85 x2
83.5 x 2
82.5 x 1

Level Negatives, 
Left
83 x 5 
85 x 5 
86x 5 

Right         
83 x 5
85 x 5 
86 x 5 

RGT Holds 
74.25 x6 sec
74.25 x  6 sec
74 x8 sec

Right
75 x 7 sec
75 x  8 sec
75 x 6 sec

RGT Thumbless Deadlifts
81 x  2
82 x 2 
83 x 2 

Right
82 x  2
84 x 2 
84 x2 

NN2&3/8 5x2

180x 2
185 x 2
187.5 x2 
192.5x 2
195x 2 

Chest Krusher 3 springs held out further 3x10 

Horseshoe bender circuit 2x8.... Making great progress with new movements..  Thing its put little size on my traps

Sledge Rotations 2 sets of 10 each way

With loadable dumbbell one issue i have with some sets... Collars loosen in between reps and that can make it real hard... Decided to put pillow under it. So much easier. Will do this from now on. Don't think it adds assistance.. If i find it is, i will stop.

Hardly got snow still had to go out twice to plow. Taking it easy rest of day and listening to music.

• Like 3

just did 15 minutes of yoga and 5-10 minutes of swing with 5lbs indian clubs.. My shoulders are getting tight and i need to make it a point to start using these things and maybe doing more stretching for upper body.

• Like 4

great workout and you still had to plow snow ❄️ 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

great workout and you still had to plow snow ❄️ 

luckily it wasn't alot of snow, but 3 houses are for old people, and the rest is commercial property. So it needs to be done.

this morning i was 174.6lbs... So maybe gained a pound or two.. I actually am looking leaner then i was even a couple months ago. Doing something right but been trying to bulk up. I upped my calorie intake and i still can't gain weight.  

Guess i'll start eating even more...🤣As it is I need two @holes to keep up with my mouth. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Heres my new system for inch deload.. Dont mind the mess, my parents sewage has back up like 4 times in two months.. After paying a guy to fix it last year.  We had to get our excavator and fix part of it a month ago and now that dudes gotta come back and re dig up their yard again and replace even more pipe. 

• Like 4

going to work on my times on the C2 for now on. Mondays will be HIIT 500m 1 min rest Wednedsay will be solid state and Friday   250m 1 min rest.. Did 5 min warm up and 3 rounds this morning, 5 min cool down

I averaged 2:08 pace... Dont know if thats good or not, but got heart going a bit. I can manage about 20-30 seconds at a pace of 1:49-1:55... Would like to maintain that pace for 500m. Typically I go between 2:30-2:55 when im just rowing.

then 20mins yoga, lots of twists 

*edit* I realize this might make make it even harder to gain weight. But my numbers are going up again every week. So I'm not going to care about gaining or losing weight as long as i dont get fat, start stalling or feel like im not recovering properly. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Way to be ,killer workout

Edited by John Knowlton

Found this on the job today. These are the kind of brick my grandpa could stack 6 going the other way and pick it up. Like the ironmind stacker. Firebrick, almost twice as heavy as regular brick.

There’s an old time mason still around that claims he could do it and my dad said he saw him do it.  I still find it hard to believe. But I’ve posted pics before his arms where huge.

My ultimate grip goal is to lift 6 and chug a Miller High Life, his beer of choice.

B2D104AE-0CE7-4389-B3BC-5295F8946DF6.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

Get Strong Phase 1 Test passed

Chest Krusher 4 3 bottom 1 top springs reps of 1 and 2... Moving the springs from bottom to top makes a huge difference in resistance. 

RGT 1 Rep

Left

88.5x1

90x1

88x1

87.75x1

87.75x1

Right

89x1

87.5x1

88x1

87.75x1

87.75x1

NN 2x5 pinch

132.5x3

135x3

137.5x3

140x1 solid rep 1 crappy one 

137.75x3

Singles

145x1

147.5x1

Last couple weeks now i've struggled w/inch deload.. had to two other hand for assistance... Next week i'll add the weaker resistance bands.. Its ok, i think its because we upped the RGT numbers by a few lbs and added NN pinch singles

both left and right hand to 3 inches

5 seconds, 5 seconds, 7 seconds... 

Inch 3x3 negs both hands... Every week i try to use less fingers with the assisting hand.

Extensor bands

good pump with sidewinder and sidetwister... My left index knuckle started aching yesterday... Gotta watch that one.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 5

great workout

• Like 1

250 sledge swings 125 each side

100 30lbs

50 1hand 8lbs

50 1hand 10lbs and

50 2h 16lbs

will do some stretching tonight when i get home from dinner.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

250 sledge swings 125 each side

100 30lbs

50 1hand 8lbs

50 1hand 10lbs and

50 2h 16lbs

will do some stretching tonight when i get home from dinner.

Can you elaborate on the sledge swings? Might be obvious but I'm trying to envision. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

Can you elaborate on the sledge swings? Might be obvious but I'm trying to envision. 

I've got a huge tire and i smash it with my sledgehammers.  I do a few different styles, 1 hand, regular swings, wood chopping.... Sometimes i'll just go out and do 100 as fast as possible. Sometimes I'll  go slower and do more reps.. It all depends.

Really gets the heart going, and its a full body workout. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I've got a huge tire and i smash it with my sledgehammers.  I do a few different styles, 1 hand, regular swings, wood chopping.... Sometimes i'll just go out and do 100 as fast as possible. Sometimes I'll  go slower and do more reps.. It all depends.

Really gets the heart going, and its a full body workout. 

That's great, was hoping that was what you meant. I find that sort of exercise is missing from a lot of standard strength routines. The classic lifts tend to skip training that ability to apply force through the transverse plane, which in life - whether you're a manual worker or into sports or combat - is a demand that occurs quite frequently. 

Chopping, sledging, shovelling, loading, throwing, striking, wrestling... To varying degrees they all require the body to rotate at the core. 

Edited by Gripperer
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

That's great, was hoping that was what you meant. I find that sort of exercise is missing from a lot of standard strength routines. The classic lifts tend to skip training that ability to apply force through the transverse plane, which in life - whether you're a manual worker or into sports or combat - is a demand that occurs quite frequently. 

Chopping, sledging, shovelling, loading, throwing, striking, wrestling... To varying degrees they all require the body to rotate at the core. 

yeah, I like things that make it easier for me to work... Sledge swings have made mixing concrete easier, digging, smashing things..... I actually get compliments when people see me using a sledge.🤣

Only did 20 minutes of yoga and mobility this morning.

We are remodeling a house built in late 70s early 80s... Normally these  are nice and clean. This house is sooo dusty, im prone to to dry eye because of my eye surgery and my eyes are killing me. Also been getting weird rashes on inside of elbows from dust... Again this is stuff that happens when I work on houses built before 1920...

So long story short no rowing, sinus is screwed up and I don't feel good, and normally I can push through things.. Tonight I will.

• Like 2

KEEP MOVEING FORWARD ( A beer will clear things up)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

KEEP MOVEING FORWARD ( A beer will clear things up)

I’ll keep moving forward all right. No beer though, I think I’m sick or got a sinus infection from this job.

That's not good, I hope it clears fast

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

That's not good, I hope it clears fast

Thanks, took your advice and altered it a little.. Bourbon, tea and honey, and my secret ingredient.

Concept 2, easy 25minutes and I think 4600m. 

• Like 1

My Big Brother used whiskey tea and honey with lemon 

• Like 1

Get Stong phase 2.. going to start next week but still did it today

WD Orange Spring+2rubber band 1 rep 

1-1,1-2,2-1,-2-2,2-3,3-2

Then CROM Left 1-1x2 Right 1-1x2 MISS

orange again3-3+1 rubber band 3x3

Lever 14lbs

26"x3

27"x3x3

26"x3

DO   w/IMP 2F

6x3/16 round-4 seconds Twice

7x3/16 square- 8 seconds

6x3/16 swuare 9 seconds

Reverse w/suades

60d-11 seconds

2- DR 6 3/4x1/4 20 seconds and 17 seconds

6"x1/4 1min 5 seconds i think.. I recorded and uploaded to youtube  not quite sure i got it to 40 degrees. But might have.

60dbrite 3x7seconds iso all I can do is kink these 

60dsnap 4:30... I chest crush these to snap, takes longer but it gives my forearms a good pump

Sidewinder and sidetwister high reps

Real good workout. Its strange, 1-1 on CROM doesn't feel much harder than where I'm at on orange spring, but my right hand just doesn't have it yet. There is a whole different feel to this spring. I feel like it will help more with the initial kink than the orange spring.

Starting to get a good feel for DO.. Was talking to this girl on tinder yesterday, told her I bent steel..Had to block her.. I think she thought i was into some real crazy stuff and I felt like I was reading "50 Shades of Blacksmith"😮   I feel like i need to go to confession now. There are some real crazies out there. 

*edit* didn't even realize what song was playing . Was listening to Dr. Hook album on Spotify this morning.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4