Mephistopholes's (bobby's) Training Log

Mephistopholes

Thanks man! Haven't been pulling quite as much as i would like lately though... Think I'll drop back a few pounds next time.

I think I could hub a deep dish York if I had access to one. The Yorks I have though are real shallow at the hubs and I can't pull them... Yet. Also much wider than the ironmind hub.

Btw, saw you pulled 47(?) first time on the hub? Excellent dude! I remember it Took me maybe a bit over a month of twice a week training to do 45 for the first time, and I freaked out. Haha

Yeah, I pulled 46.9 first time around.

It was mostly due to Zach's advice during warm up, and since people have been asking me what the specific advice was I will be making a short video on this (once I get my hub).

Thanks man, and I hope to catch up to you soon.

Ah nice.

Well, keep at it, it's more a matter of diligence than anything.

Friday 3-22-13 at the YMCA

Axle Push Press - 105 x 3, 130 x 3, 155 x 3, 180 x 4 singles, 2 attempts cleaned but no press.

Bench press - 95 x 5, 135 x 5, 175 x 3 (5 sets)

Anvil Horn -

Left - 92.5 x 3, 107.5 x 3, 122.5 x 3, 137.5 x 2 (8 sets)

Right - Same as Left

Dumbbell curls - 35 x 5, 45 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 5, 50 x 5.

Today went well, considering I haven't slept all damn week. Haha. Next time I'll go for more push presses and increase the bench press weight. Yes, I realize the weight I benched today was pretty light, but I haven't done it in months, so I thought it would be best to start light today and work back into it, rather than be incapacitated sore tomorrow.

Saturday 3-23-13 at Home/YMCA

Pops Grip Machine (all bands on) - empty x 5, 35 x 5, 55 x 3, 80 x 3, 100 x 2 (8 sets).

(skipped 2HP today)

Card tearning - 40 cards, quick and easy.

Full deck, too slow, messed up and wound up tearing at one end instead of the middle.

44 cards, alright.

40 minutes on stationary bike.

Today was alright, just skipped on the 2HP to save my skin this week and let it heal a little more....

Been super busy today and forgot to update this until now.

Weight about 214 today. Trimming some fat.

I think running around with this puppy is helping. Haha

Edited by Mephistopholes

Nice with a new buddy :D May I ask what race/male or female? Today I met my coming buddy for the first time! A male Golden Retriever I will pick up week 18. Can't wait to get to know him! I'm obviously excited!

• Like 1

Nice with a new buddy :D May I ask what race/male or female? Today I met my coming buddy for the first time! A male Golden Retriever I will pick up week 18. Can't wait to get to know him! I'm obviously excited!

Ah nice! Goldens are great dogs.

The puppy I adopted is a mix... Australian Cattledog primaily, and something else in there, because he looks like a cattledog, but they don't come in white. Haha. He's super sweet and pretty smart.

Those Australian cattle dogs are supposed to be really smart and have lots of energy. Good for running with you.

Those Australian cattle dogs are supposed to be really smart and have lots of energy. Good for running with you.

Yes and yes. Haha. A few days in and he's already mostly figured out housetraining.

I don't even run, but I've been running around the house (literally) with him, playing and what not. He's pretty happy to run. And then after, to sleep in my lap.

• Like 1

Sounds like an adorable dog, i'm happy for ya, dude!

• Like 1

Monday 3-18-13 at Home/YMCA

Bottom-up Squats - 120 x 5, 10 x 3, 210 x 3, 250 x 3 (8 sets)

Axle 1/4 Squats - 345 x 3, 435 x 3, 525 x 3, 585 x 2 (5 sets)

Hise Shrugs - 215 x 10, 290 x 10, 330 x 10, 380 x 10, 380 x 10.

Grippers

Left - T x 5, #1 x 5, #1.5 x 3, (attempt) SM x 3 attempts, forced closed at end and held. #2 x 2, 1, 1, 1.

Right - T x 5, #1 x 5, #2 x 3, (attempt) GHP6 x 3 attempts, forced closed at end and held. #2.5 x 3, 2, 1, 1.

Well, squatting went well today, grippers were sub-par. Part of the problem was, when I got home, about to start my gripper workout, my puppy started puking, so I had to deal with that crisis first... about an hour later I was able to get to the grippers, but that just kinda messed up my whole rhythm. Couldn't close the GHP 6 today, again. ugh. but, it was very close. In lieu of all that, I opted not to go to heavy today and just work on grippers I can close.

I'll put up some puppy pictures soon... just gotta get them on the computer.

Wednesday 3-27-13 at the YMCA

Axle Military Press - 90 x 5, 115 x 3, 140 x 3, 165 x 1, 165 x attempt, 165 x 1, 165 x 1, 165 x attempt.

Rolling Thunder -

Left - 120 x 3, 140 x 3, 160 x 3, 177.5 x 2, 177.5 x 2, 177.5 x 1, 177.5 x 2. 177.5 x 2, 177.5 x 1, 177.5 x 1, 177.5 x attempt. (7 good working sets)

Right - 120 x 3, 140 x 3, 160 x 3, 177.5 x 2 (7 sets) 177.5 x 1 (8 sets total)

Axle cleans - 155 x 3, (not enough energy today)

Barbell one arm presses - 40 x 5, 50 x 5, 60 x 3 (5 sets)

Today was torture. haha. I'm sick with some kind of nasty sinus infection and exhausted, so I really didn't have the energy today, but I did what I could, and considering the conditions, I think I did okay. I think next week I'll add 2.5lbs just for the right hand...

Started to do cleans today, but really was not feeling it, so I just finished up with some light one arm barbell presses.

But seriously, I use a neti pot to clean my sinuses out, and this morning I was so clogged up that when I did it, it looked like a whole damn raw oyster slipped out from my nose and into the sink. Yeah.

And I just noticed I've been on this site for a year and 1 day! I've come a long way since I first got on here, I think, and I definitely owe everybody a big THANKS for making such an awesome strength community here, and for all the good advice I've received along the way.

Edited by Mephistopholes

Notice that I made a press, missed one, then made two more....

Well, the cute girl who works at the Y on Wednesday mornings came over and talked to me after that failed attempt... Can't say that didn't help at least a little. Haha

• Like 1

Hope that truck is alright. You get better too.

Haha thanks man.

How's your back doing?

Not too hot. I'm taking 3 weeks off of spinal loading exercises now. Hopefully this'll get me feeling all brand new.

Not too hot. I'm taking 3 weeks off of spinal loading exercises now. Hopefully this'll get me feeling all brand new.

Oh man, hope you're okay.