Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Found some old videos on my mobile from 16th april.

#2 left hand

#2.5 right hand attempt

I will try to get some new videos posted soon. Managed a nice PR on the #2 right hand today, 10 reps.

Damn you guys are making some good progress! Great job on the 2.5 TNS, patrick.

Just did max attempts last night and I'm 1/16th away from shutting the damn thing from an MMS.

Finally seeing progress again so that's nice.

Been squatting tons lately. My squat max has been increasing by a lot, from failing at 135x1 to doing 160x30 now. I'm trying 175x30 tomorrow.

Started the 20rep program a while back and it's awesome.

Been squatting tons lately. My squat max has been increasing by a lot, from failing at 135x1 to doing 160x30 now. I'm trying 175x30 tomorrow.

Yori, Congratulations on your C0C 2.5 and squatting progress!!!

I've been able to consistently mms the 2.5, and I'm thinking your Vulcan will help a lot on the sweep for closing ccs. The last time I tried ccs, I was a few millimeters off. This past weekend, I was able to mms the Vulcan at L13, so I'm hoping doing some high volume at L11 or L12 will help close the deal.

Everyone seems to be making great gains! I've been able to get a close on the 2.5 for the past 3 weeks but only once with the right hand then every other attempt is a slight miss. Been doing 1 heavy grip session then 1 back off high volume session each week. Not really feeling beat up so going to switch it up and do 1 heavy grip sesison and 1 semi heavy grip session each week for 2-3 weeks and see how that feels. My left is definitley much stronger than my right but I can't set the gripper properly in my left hand so it's difficult. I can set the RB adjustable good in my left hand though.

Question: If I'm getting just a close on the 2.5 once each week should I try and get a GHP 6 for my next goal gripper or just go straight to a #3 as my next goal?

you did 175 pounds x 30 reps in one set? don't you weigh around 150 pounds? that is an impressive feat. not sure i would make it out of the rack after a set like that. after is am done with my current cycle, i am gonna get back on the the 20 reps squat stuff.

I've been able to consistently mms the 2.5, and I'm thinking your Vulcan will help a lot on the sweep for closing ccs. The last time I tried ccs, I was a few millimeters off. This past weekend, I was able to mms the Vulcan at L13, so I'm hoping doing some high volume at L11 or L12 will help close the deal.

Thanks Martin. Glad to hear your plan of action, and that the vulcan is helping. If you're only a few millimeters off CCS, you're probably just a perfect set away from shutting it.

I'll be looking forward to the video!

you did 175 pounds x 30 reps in one set? don't you weigh around 150 pounds? that is an impressive feat. not sure i would make it out of the rack after a set like that. after is am done with my current cycle, i am gonna get back on the the 20 reps squat stuff.

I haven't done 175x30 yet, but I'll be attempting it tonight. Ever since I got a male roommate who likes working out, I've been more competitive in my lifting and have been making quicker gains.

After I max out by seeing how many reps I can do at 200 next week, I'm going to lay off the squats for 2 months and concentrate on more upper body stuff, mainly AW, grip, and pull ups.

Thanks Martin. Glad to hear your plan of action, and that the vulcan is helping. If you're only a few millimeters off CCS, you're probably just a perfect set away from shutting it.

I haven't done 175x30 yet, but I'll be attempting it tonight. Ever since I got a male roommate who likes working out, I've been more competitive in my lifting and have been making quicker gains.

After I max out by seeing how many reps I can do at 200 next week, I'm going to lay off the squats for 2 months and concentrate on more upper body stuff, mainly AW, grip, and pull ups.

you could easily keep one set of 20 rep squats in a week and i suspect you would get some nice results from that in terms of whole body development.

Everyone seems to be making great gains! I've been able to get a close on the 2.5 for the past 3 weeks but only once with the right hand then every other attempt is a slight miss. Been doing 1 heavy grip session then 1 back off high volume session each week. Not really feeling beat up so going to switch it up and do 1 heavy grip sesison and 1 semi heavy grip session each week for 2-3 weeks and see how that feels. My left is definitley much stronger than my right but I can't set the gripper properly in my left hand so it's difficult. I can set the RB adjustable good in my left hand though.

Question: If I'm getting just a close on the 2.5 once each week should I try and get a GHP 6 for my next goal gripper or just go straight to a #3 as my next goal?

I don't know what your 2.5 RGC's at, but it seems like a number of folks who bought 2.5's in the past year or so are getting ones that run high (mid to high 130's). So I think the 3 should be the next goal. My 3 is only 10#'s away from my 2.5 and I'm pretty close to getting an mms close on that.

you could easily keep one set of 20 rep squats in a week and i suspect you would get some nice results from that in terms of whole body development.

That's a good idea. I just need to turn it down because everything else I've been doing has taken a back seat to it. Doing 1 set of 20 per week would be good for maintenance and development in upper body.

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY GOT MY #2.5 CLOSED LAST NIGHT!

Did it for one rep right handed. This #2.5 feels like it'd rate in the early 130s, but that's progress that I grinded away at for half a year.

Felt great to finally be able to hold that damn thing shut. The close was solid, and not one of those "uh, I think the handles touched" ones.

As soon as I can do it more consistently I should be taking a video of it.

Thanks for all the support from everybody on here!

• Like 4

Did it for one rep right handed. This #2.5 feels like it'd rate in the early 130s, but that's progress that I grinded away at for half a year.

Felt great to finally be able to hold that damn thing shut. The close was solid, and not one of those "uh, I think the handles touched" ones.

Sidenote: this close was done right after I made a new squat PR of 175x30reps last night in my ongoing mini-competition with my roommate.

I almost didn't make it, but yelling "light weight baby!" seems to really help.

That is great. I am so happy for you. I haven't had that feeling with grippers for a long time. It certainly is a great feeling when you shut that goal gripper.

Great job Yori!

Congrats! well done. Keep working hard and the #3 will fall.

Congrats man!

Sidenote: this close was done right after I made a new squat PR of 175x30reps last night in my ongoing mini-competition with my roommate.

FEELS LIKE A PEANUT!!! PRs always seem to always come in waves.... no progress for a while and BOOM PRs all over the place! Congrats man!!! That rules!

That is great. I am so happy for you. I haven't had that feeling with grippers for a long time. It certainly is a great feeling when you shut that goal gripper.

It's definitely a great feeling. Thanks for your kind words, man.

Great job Yori!

Thanks Nathaniel!

I feel closer to it than ever! Once I'm more consistently and easily closing the #2.5, I'm considering shooting for the MM0 with Joe's easy #3.

Congrats man!

Thanks very much man!

FEELS LIKE A PEANUT!!! PRs always seem to always come in waves.... no progress for a while and BOOM PRs all over the place! Congrats man!!! That rules!

Thanks for coming on this journey with me man. We still got higher goals to achieve! Hope my PRs come in waves too. :grin:

Good work dude, congrats on the close!

I'm still working on that ghp6 myself...

I recently got access to a gym and manus grips to go with it, so I'v taken grippers very easy now for few weeks. Hoping to make some gripper gains via gaining more base strength.

It's definitely a great feeling. Thanks for your kind words, man.

Great job Yori!

Thanks Nathaniel!

I feel closer to it than ever! Once I'm more consistently and easily closing the #2.5, I'm considering shooting for the MM0 with Joe's easy #3.

Congrats man!

Thanks very much man!

Thanks for coming on this journey with me man. We still got higher goals to achieve! Hope my PRs come in waves too. :grin:

Don't sweat it man. I'm glad that you are on it with me too ::end of bromance::

Good work dude, congrats on the close!

I'm still working on that ghp6 myself...

I recently got access to a gym and manus grips to go with it, so I'v taken grippers very easy now for few weeks. Hoping to make some gripper gains via gaining more base strength.

i am with you...the ghp6 seems way harder than my 2.5. the day i close that thing i will call it my bitch and demand that it cooks me a nice steak dinner. it owes me at least that much.

• Like 1