Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Awesome News! Tentacle - Totally Jealous

My battle with the 2.5 is taking me much longer than I had thought. Started in April ..WoW

Seems like I have been stuck at about 5 mm for the last 6 weeks or so. Actually thinking about taking a couple weeks off just to give my hands a break.

I don't know what it is but the 2.5 seems like such barrier for me where the #2 came pretty quick.

Maybe I will order a GHP6 and train some with that.

Anyone recommend a good IM TUG to strengthen the pinky for this level of strength. I am currently playing around with closing my IM Sport and Trainer with my bottom two fingers Inverted.

EMAN

Awesome News! Tentacle - Totally Jealous

My battle with the 2.5 is taking me much longer than I had thought. Started in April ..WoW

Seems like I have been stuck at about 5 mm for the last 6 weeks or so. Actually thinking about taking a couple weeks off just to give my hands a break.

I don't know what it is but the 2.5 seems like such barrier for me where the #2 came pretty quick.

Maybe I will order a GHP6 and train some with that.

Anyone recommend a good IM TUG to strengthen the pinky for this level of strength. I am currently playing around with closing my IM Sport and Trainer with my bottom two fingers Inverted.

EMAN

Thanks man! I bet you'll get it soon too.

I recommend the IMTUG 5 for your pinky and ring fingers, it should be at a perfect level for getting the #2.5, and it feels very different from doing a 2 finger inverted close. (As in, a lot more natural.)

The GHP6 will almost certainly be harder than the #2.5, so I'm not sure if you should get that one yet. It'll be a great bridge to the #3 for sure though.

Congrats man!! whats next?

Just updated my goals, so check them out below! I'm working on full body strength for the rest of the year.

Congrats Yori, great work.

Thanks man! Great job on your progress on the #3! I can't see the video from my phone but it sounds like you kinda smashed it CCS!

Yori - congrats on the close!!! Was it MMS or CCS?

I FINALLY GOT MY #2.5 CLOSED LAST NIGHT!

Did it for one rep right handed. This #2.5 feels like it'd rate in the early 130s, but that's progress that I grinded away at for half a year.

Felt great to finally be able to hold that damn thing shut. The close was solid, and not one of those "uh, I think the handles touched" ones.

As soon as I can do it more consistently I should be taking a video of it.

Thanks for all the support from everybody on here!

Sidenote: this close was done right after I made a new squat PR of 175x30reps last night in my ongoing mini-competition with my roommate.

I almost didn't make it, but yelling "light weight baby!" seems to really help.

was this 175 for 30 consecutive reps? if so, that is impressive at your weight.

Bubba:

Since I don't have access to an actual rack or even a barbell, all of my squats are done with cables.

No doubt that it would be a lot damn harder to do the real thing, but even then I think my contraption is still better than a smith machine (allows for 3D movement instead of being limited to a single plane).

I do go below parallel for every rep, and the 175 measured on my dynamometers is actually damn near 175lbs.

PS. I plan to max squats on a barbell, so I can see how my current training transfers. The main thing to me is that I suck at this lift, but I'm getting much better.

Edited by TentacleGrip

MMS! CCS is still a long way for me, haven't been able to even get the #2 with it yet.

It's not something I train at all, but perhaps when I start mashing the #3 it's something to train.

MMS! CCS is still a long way for me, haven't been able to even get the #2 with it yet.

It's not something I train at all, but perhaps when I start mashing the #3 it's something to train.

He's being modest... I saw him TNS it last night! :P

Edited by hellswindstaff

Bubba:

Since I don't have access to an actual rack or even a barbell, all of my squats are done with cables.

No doubt that it would be a lot damn harder to do the real thing, but even then I think my contraption is still better than a smith machine (allows for 3D movement instead of being limited to a single plane).

I do go below parallel for every rep, and the 175 measured on my dynamometers is actually damn near 175lbs.

PS. I plan to max squats on a barbell, so I can see how my current training transfers. The main thing to me is that I suck at this lift, but I'm getting much better.

i encourage you to get under a barbell. it is very difficult to reproduce this exercise and the positive results from it. do you have access to any free weights?

Yuri... did you ever have your 2.5 rate by chance?

I had been working with one that feels in the high 130s, but had to sell it.

Recently got another one, and this one probably rates in the low 130s. Perhaps 5 lbs lower than the last one.

Bubba:

i encourage you to get under a barbell. it is very difficult to reproduce this exercise and the positive results from it. do you have access to any free weights?

I do not. I know what you mean but I'm just having to work with what I currently got.

Recently got another one, and this one probably rates in the low 130s. Perhaps 5 lbs lower than the last one.

Bubba:

I do not. I know what you mean but I'm just having to work with what I currently got.

i understand....we all gotta do what we can. i have a bunch of homemade grip stuff that is not the same as training with the real thing. but much like your deal, i believe it will make me stronger.

Bubba:

Cool. Congratualations again. Perhaps it's time for an "Intermediates Race to C.O.C. 3" thread?

• Like 1

Cool. Congratualations again. Perhaps it's time for an "Intermediates Race to C.O.C. 3" thread?

I've been trying to MMS that sucker for months - everytime I test it, I come within a couple millimeters. I'm hoping the Vulcan from Yuri will give me a boost in the TSG performance, but we'll have to see. My 3 is only about 12#'s RGC higher than my 2.5.

I've been trying to MMS that sucker for months - everytime I test it, I come within a couple millimeters. I'm hoping the Vulcan from Yuri will give me a boost in the TSG performance, but we'll have to see. My 3 is only about 12#'s RGC higher than my 2.5.

Do you have a hard 2.5 and an easy 3?

Sounds like it, maybe a 137lb #2.5 and a 149lb #3?

Martin, do you have an RGC or did you get the rated elsewhere?

I can close the 2.5 with my right hand mate but I'd love a challenge for my left hand, I just close the 2 with my left so I'll definitely go for it.

This will be fun!

I can close the 2.5 with my right hand mate but I'd love a challenge for my left hand, I just close the 2 with my left so I'll definitely go for it.

This will be fun!

Hey man, nice talking to you and thanks for joining. I'll be continuing this race with both hands til I can consistently close the 2.5 from a block set. It'll still take a while.

In the meantime, let's have fun with this!

Sounds like it, maybe a 137lb #2.5 and a 149lb #3?

Martin, do you have an RGC or did you get the rated elsewhere?

Yeah, Rich RGC'd these for me earlier this year:

#2.5=138.6

#3=149.8