Noob Race To C.o.c. 2.5!

Electron

Never tried it. I do know that the position of the gripper before the set makes a world of difference for me. If the gripper in the closing hand is even 1/8" further down my hand (i.e. extended beyond the pinkie tendon), it can make for a no-close. It's to the point where I almost want to tattoo a little line there for reference.

That's not a bad idea... I generally just make sure that the very last bit of my pinkie bone is touching the very last bit of the gripper... if that makes sense. I know some people say split the pinky on the gripper handle, but I find that my pinkie slides off the last 1/2 inch or so on the close using that method.

Yeah, that's a critical part of the set. I'm just referring to the handle in the palm of the hand. Sometimes it looks a bit askew in my hand, but if I can get those handles lined up right with the pinkie and the pinkie tendon, it just closes significantly easier than if I just wing it.

Nice work Benjamin and really hardcore looking gym you got there, slide and everything :)

ahaha yeah after adding the slide to my routine my strength has gone up :grin:

Never tried it. I do know that the position of the gripper before the set makes a world of difference for me. If the gripper in the closing hand is even 1/8" further down my hand (i.e. extended beyond the pinkie tendon), it can make for a no-close. It's to the point where I almost want to tattoo a little line there for reference.

That's not a bad idea... I generally just make sure that the very last bit of my pinkie bone is touching the very last bit of the gripper... if that makes sense. I know some people say split the pinky on the gripper handle, but I find that my pinkie slides off the last 1/2 inch or so on the close using that method.

Yeah, that's a critical part of the set. I'm just referring to the handle in the palm of the hand. Sometimes it looks a bit askew in my hand, but if I can get those handles lined up right with the pinkie and the pinkie tendon, it just closes significantly easier than if I just wing it.

I could be wrong in saying this, but I have to put it a little higher in my palm to get a wide set b/c my hands are so small (sub-7 inches)

Nice work Benjamin and really hardcore looking gym you got there, slide and everything :)

That gym (bad word filter)ing rules!!! Have you have a problem with any of your equipment due to exposure? Reason I ask is that I've had to keep all of my stuff outside too. I repaint the power rack every couple of weeks with spray paint. Keep my plate tree and weights covered with a tarp and secure with bungee cord. My bars are in a closet :)

That gym (bad word filter)ing rules!!! Have you have a problem with any of your equipment due to exposure? Reason I ask is that I've had to keep all of my stuff outside too. I repaint the power rack every couple of weeks with spray paint. Keep my plate tree and weights covered with a tarp and secure with bungee cord. My bars are in a closet :)

Thanks man :) Everything beisdes the Flat weight bench has been out there for almost 3 years no problem so far besides a little rust.

I ended up moving most of my stuff indoors. I did manage to maintain a DL platform outside, but if rain is in the forecast, I bring the stuff inside.

I ended up moving most of my stuff indoors. I did manage to maintain a DL platform outside, but if rain is in the forecast, I bring the stuff inside.

Mine is outside and has been for a year or so... but then again it looks like a couple of boulders have been dropped on it.

finally got my 2.5 with my off hand. happy to finally knock that one off. need to get the lefty caught up a bit. i feel like my right is a good day away from getting my ghp 6 i've struggled with forever.

Edited by bubba29
  • Like 1

Finally getting consistent with my C0C#3. Closed it with both hands tonight. Camera work and positioning needs a lot of work. Many thanks to Aaron C. for his recent coaching.

http://youtu.be/2GYOTMFg4e4

• Like 3

Finally getting consistent with my C0C#3. Closed it with both hands tonight. Camera work and positioning needs a lot of work. Many thanks to Aaron C. for his recent coaching.

Nice job on the #3 closes and congrats on getting consistent

Yep.

I just realized I have some ugly looking wrists (or at least that's how it looks in that still shot).

http://youtu.be/2GYOTMFg4e4

Nice job man!

That's pretty quick progress! Congrats! Are you going to train for the CCS to get that cert?

Thanks! My 2.5 is pretty close to my 3, hence the rate of progress. I'm definitely going to train for the CCS cert. I just started being able to close a 2.5 CCS, so probably another 3 months, I'm guessing, but it's hard to say.

Nice job man!

Thanks!