Arnolds Sorinex Mighty Mitts It's On!

1stCoC

Great to see various pinch feats represented in the medley. Must have been a slippery plate for the hub lift. How much did the grind stone weigh?

Guys you would not believe the number of people watching the event the 2nd day. I am confident in saying that there were just as many people watching us as there were the strongman contest and also the bodybuilding competition from what I could tell.

I was wondering about that. That is pretty impressive.

The contest looks like it was awesome! Great job guys.

That is also some of the coolest equipment I have ever seen at a grip contest.

Thanks for posting all the pictures Wannagrip! That barbell is HUGE.

Anyone know if the things on Mark Felix's wrist were actually wraps?

Andrew Durniat - Medley

Wade Gillingham - Medley

Guys, big deal if they were using wraps. Look where they are placed - it's way high up on the wrist. That high, it's probably more like a sweat band on the wrist.

Guys, big deal if they were using wraps. Look where they are placed - it's way high up on the wrist. That high, it's probably more like a sweat band on the wrist.

not knowing anything about grip sport, what is the problem with using wrist wraps? do they somehow increase your grip strength? is it cheating? is it an unwritten no no?

Wraps can be used to brace the wrists. Bracing the wrist adds stability that can help a gripper close or leverage event. Not sure about pinch. Jedd was there though and knows his stuff. I trust him if he says the wraps were not being used like that.

The videos are excellent.

The wraps were nothing to be worried about with this contest.

By worried, I am saying that there was no reason to stew over people wearing them. They didn't really factor into any lifts the way they were used.

Jeremy Hogg - Medley

Medley - Chad Woodall

Tex Henderson

By worried, I am saying that there was no reason to stew over people wearing them. They didn't really factor into any lifts the way they were used.

i guess i am wondering why anyone would be concerned with the wraps. could it help on sledge stuff? i have yet to hear a reason why the use of them would be frowned upon. remember, i am just an inexperienced, uninformed newbie.

Scott Styles answered your question above, maybe you missed it.

that wrist roller looked like something from a cartoon. crazy.

any idea how much weight was on it at the end?

is there any chance at all of a score card with events, people, and the weight/reps/time they got?

thanks to the sorinex crew and richard and bert for putting this all together. people had complained last year that it was all thick bar, they listened and there were some nice pinch feats. it's cool to see an event evolve like this.

I forgot to say. congrats to malcolm for getting the wild card.

The Mighty Mitts was just GREAT and right there on center stage with super cool events! This was a monumental weekend for grip no doubt.

I didn't know Dennis Rogers was going to be there too. Great great stuff! :rock

Wraps can be used to brace the wrists. Bracing the wrist adds stability that can help a gripper close or leverage event. Not sure about pinch. Jedd was there though and knows his stuff. I trust him if he says the wraps were not being used like that.

ok, i could buy wraps helping in leveraging. could you explain how they would help on grippers?

Better foundation for work. I do negs with wrapped wrists sometimes. It sure doesn't add anything to your grip.

Thanks for all the videos you guys! Keep them coming.

Here is Big Rich's Medley

• Like 1

ok, i could buy wraps helping in leveraging. could you explain how they would help on grippers?

I do not know why wraps can help, but they can. Ironmind even states in their cert rules that you are not allowed to brace the wrist with the off hand.

http://www.ironmind....les_for_Closing