Arnolds Sorinex Mighty Mitts It's On!

1stCoC

I have a question:

everywhere was announced that the weight of the monster - 500 pounds.

In the final the protocol the same - 550 pounds.

Where is it?

I have a question:

everywhere was announced that the weight of the monster - 500 pounds.

In the final the protocol the same - 550 pounds.

Where is it?

I think that is a mistake in the spreadsheet. We've always been told it was 500 pounds. Richard Sorin can verify.

Wade

Sorin's Monster Barbell weighs 500 pounds.

Anyone who can even break that sucker off the ground is a grip beast IMO.

Some results that I thought were very impressive:

Jedd with 7 in the medley and how easily he lifted both blobs at once.

Andrew lefty tossing that York hub up so easily.

Mark Felix with 70'5" in the double inch carry. First place by over 10 feet!

I have not watched any footage of the wrist roller. What was that like?

Also, how did the scoring for the monster deadlift work? "Redx2" "Green" "Blackx3" etc.

Found Jedd's video of the wrist roller. Very cool rig. It looks like they had a hard time convincing Jedd to stop!

There were quit a few legit guys trying for the dark horse about a dozen had an initial dyno squeeze from 90 to 120 kilo which gave them" a chance" to try several other pieces that were there "pre event". There was a huge am. strongman that said he would try but didn't show in time. All were quite pleased with the darkhorse. He "could" have piled up near 5000.00 if he had actually won when it was all said and done.A shame Laine Snook was not in the building he would have been most welcome. Several asked about the millstone (weighed 150), and what pattern was on the 160lb. Circus Bell it was our "mustache logo camo pattern". The blobs were both "Fatmen" first generation Yorks. I had a call from "the powers that be" today and said they were VERY pleased on how the Mighty Mitts was received by the crowd and organizers of the Arnold's Expo. R. Sorin

Bolded: AWESOME news!!!

Richard, I bet you guys setting up a booth to give people the opportunity to touch what was up on stage was a contributing factor to the amazing crowd this year. Otherwise, they would not realize or understand the amazing feats of strength taking place. Thanks again.

There were quit a few legit guys trying for the dark horse about a dozen had an initial dyno squeeze from 90 to 120 kilo which gave them" a chance" to try several other pieces that were there "pre event". There was a huge am. strongman that said he would try but didn't show in time. All were quite pleased with the darkhorse. He "could" have piled up near 5000.00 if he had actually won when it was all said and done.A shame Laine Snook was not in the building he would have been most welcome. Several asked about the millstone (weighed 150), and what pattern was on the 160lb. Circus Bell it was our "mustache logo camo pattern". The blobs were both "Fatmen" first generation Yorks. I had a call from "the powers that be" today and said they were VERY pleased on how the Mighty Mitts was received by the crowd and organizers of the Arnold's Expo. R. Sorin

Bolded: AWESOME news!!!

Richard, I bet you guys setting up a booth to give people the opportunity to touch what was up on stage was a contributing factor to the amazing crowd this year. Otherwise, they would not realize or understand the amazing feats of strength taking place. Thanks again.

yes I think that was a great idea as well!

Someone did ask a bit back what was the levels black, red, yellow, etc mean in relation to the Monster Bell. There was a very keen eyed judge stageside that on every full or partial trial attempt measured ANY height the Bell was actually pulled to by refering to a marker post set behind the bell. This gave a chance for a a partial pull to be counted for overall placing. The Bell weighs 500lb. (to the .oz) but has built in options for internal loading if "in the years to come" require it. R sorin

• Like 2

Just pulling 500 on a regular Oly bar is something to be proud of, let alone a fat bar!!!

I am currently uploading the video that I took of the crowd on day two (it took em a while to find it on my camera - sorry for the delay). Just wait until you see this. It is amazing.

Guys, please check out this video showing the MASS of HUMANITY that was watching the Mighty Mitts stage at the Arnold. I'd estimate the size to be at least 1.5 times what I remember from 2010.

It is still amazing to me...

I thought I went slower, but being nervous I hurried it abit more than I should have. What a spectacle.

Jedd

This is a new world record of all time! Does anyone confirm or refute!

This is a new world record of all time! Does anyone confirm or refute!

Also, at what distance would a turn be required to keep going? Did Felix turn twice?

I'm pretty sure he did anyway.

Please check the mark set by Big Rich the first year, if that doesn't exceed Felix's carry ,then Felix has the farthest I ever heard done. In my minds eye I remember Rich carrying the bell through 2 turns as well and dropping them well down the course to the 3rd turn. What DOES give extra interest to the feat is how hard it is to slow momentum and turn( they both were not given the extra distance that a turn requires in a final measure). They both said IF it was in a straight line the distance would be qite a bit further( I agree)..yikes! In any case both stellar performances!R Sorin

You know I thought so! We are so busy during the contest getting it ready and moving there is little actual time for us to follow the numbers as things progress thank goodness at the show we have recorders and some very reliable people to keep up with that part of it! At 76"4 with two full turns that high mark may stand for quite a while!I am glad to have seen the two best with my own eyes. R Sorin