Arnolds Sorinex Mighty Mitts It's On!

1stCoC

Book tearers be aware, "Tearing a phone book is the feat" but there may or may not be a bit of a flair added to completion the feat! Hint... I might suggest to "be prepared" to tear in positions other than 'typical" waist high in front of your body! R Sorin

Book tearers be aware, "Tearing a phone book is the feat" but there may or may not be a bit of a flair added to completion the feat! Hint... I might suggest to "be prepared" to tear in positions other than 'typical" waist high in front of your body! R Sorin

Oh yeah - hanging upside down from a chin up bar :glare:

Hey Chris- Have you seen me do that in Dennis Rogers' "Grip and Rip" DVD?

Hey Chris- Have you seen me do that in Dennis Rogers' "Grip and Rip" DVD?

You don't think I thought that up all by myself do ya? I can just see big Rich up there hehe!

The tear will be as stated torn in half but hand and arm position as relative to the body may or may not be changed or an extra vital point be awarded for "difficulty and showmanship". I will announce this to the competitors Thursday night so everyone" is aware" at the same moment.

As a bright note Jeremy Hogg came in last night and is resting prior to visiting our facility. He will be traveling up to the Arnolds with us. He arrived at 12 am last( after 25 hour flight) night fit and "strong looking as a bull". He is a veteran of many strongman battles with the best in the world. We are very pleased to have him. Now the only spot to fill is the magic "dark horse" slot. If the dark horse "WINS" the overall show I will throw in an extra thousand personally to that prize! Richard Sorin

Yeah, talk about world class grip events. Richard, etc. did a great job. That barbell is out of this world...literally.

First a very big thank you to Jim Lorimer, Dr. Terry and Jan Todd, and the entire SORINEX crew - Richard, Bert, House, Cyborg, Adriane, and the rest of the guys I'm missing the names of but not forgetting! Also Dennis Rogers, the Slater Crew, and the rest of the UT crew that helps score, track, and time. This event grew up this year and stood on its own. Still a part of strongman but we werent a side show to rush through during event changes. This was a contest. This was mainly due to Richard taking the reins and putting together the contest as well as funding it. Richard is a pationate man about grip and a MAJOR influence on me developing my grip many years ago. It is really neat to see him bring grip to this large of event and i'm very proud to have been a part of it the last 3 years. This contest has gotten better every year and this year it has proven to be the pinacle of our sport. I will do whatever I can to get back next year stronger than the last.

I posted an image of the placings on facebook.com/grippersuperstore It was very tight at the top with 1 point separating the top 3.

1. Rich

2. Tex

3. Felix

4. Andrew

5. Wade

6. Chad

I dont remember how the rest shook out. I think it went Jedd, Odd, Jeremy, Malcom.

Wade

• Like 1

CONGRATS to ALL!!!

Impressive showing Wade!

Way to Go!!! :rock

If I could get the stupid gallery bulk upload to work I could share a boatload of pictures. I have a tech support call in on it. :angry2:

Are there any shots from the contest?

Are there any shots from the contest?

Yeah, as I mentioned in this thread. I am having computer/gallery issues right now so I cannot upload the pictures.

I will do a full write-up on DieselCrew.com as soon as I can, but I have been playing major catch-up all day today. At this point I have only been able to upload a few videos.

I can't say enough about how much Richard Bert and the rest of the Sorinex personnel have done to put Grip up in front of as many people as possible. Wade spoke of the Pinnacle of the sport, and he hit the nail on the head. Guys you would not believe the number of people watching the event the 2nd day. I am confident in saying that there were just as many people watching us as there were the strongman contest and also the bodybuilding competition from what I could tell. And like Wade said, we were our own separate entity this year and not just what happened between strongman events.

A huge undertaking on the part of Sorinex and a huge honor for me to be part of it.

Videos will be posted below...

First off, here is my promo where I tried my best to thank Sorinex for all they have done. Looking back I should have also thanked Terry and Jan Todd as well as Mr. Lorimer and Arnold for allowing the Mighty Mitts comp to take place.

Here is my run through the Medley.

More to come. Wade's Medley is uploading right now.