Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

He is certainly a big lad. Have you seen Vano sukhashvilli? he is climbing up the grippers very fast

Yeah i always look at how others train etc might learn little something. He is another that i see only mms from but strong mms yes, more guys doing #4 mms now.
  • Like 1

He has done a lot of block set work with the #3.5 but I agree, studying others has helped me a lot. Hope to see some videos soon from you mate

He has done a lot of block set work with the #3.5 but I agree, studying others has helped me a lot. Hope to see some videos soon from you mate

I am getting new camera for christmas, will be putting up a bunch of new videos after that.
  • Like 1

Paul, I totally forget to tell you about a member here who is Roman. He is young and is the only one besides Nathan Holle to close a GhP 9. Here is his video

He did close the #4 easily and also inverted way.

This video is also great to watch doing pull ups at his bodyweight plus using IM pads

That shows how strong his grip is

I think you mean Italian? Anyway, strong as hell this guy yes.

Sorry I only meant he was from Rome. Not Romania!

• Like 1

Paul, I totally forget to tell you about a member here who is Roman. He is young and is the only one besides Nathan Holle to close a GhP 9. Here is his video

He did close the #4 easily and also inverted way.

This video is also great to watch doing pull ups at his bodyweight plus using IM pads

That shows how strong his grip is

I think you mean Italian? Anyway, strong as hell this guy yes.

Sorry I only meant he was from Rome. Not Romania!

Err not as it needs to be done. Still something to aim for.

Today did 16 reps 5 x 5kg, 8 reps 3 x 10kg, 12 reps ccs HG400 then 16 20mm block. Need to chalk all my plates when i get chance, textures are far too inconsistent.

I decided i was going to get a titan telegraph key to try bring up my thumb weakness and then thought why not get a secret weapon as well. Out of all the kinney equipment i feel those two make the most sense. Certainly don't think i could just use them to ccs #4 but could be worth putting into routine. As said, a routine based around heavy negatives in my opinion is not the best way to go but may be able to use it in different ways and maybe i am wrong and negatives on that will help a bunch as thats type of machine i have never used (i certainly won't be doing loads with it from the off though).

Also got some more grippers. Hopefully can train monday and do six 5kg pinch. Will chalk plates tomorrow. Got new camera.

• Like 1

The grippers i ordered were zenith #2, #3 and #4, ghp level 8, level 9 plus block, bbse, and bbge. I also got one of those electric measuring things people asked me to get.

I also got one of those electric measuring things people asked me to get.

Digital calipers?

I decided i was going to get a titan telegraph key to try bring up my thumb weakness and then thought why not get a secret weapon as well. Out of all the kinney equipment i feel those two make the most sense. Certainly don't think i could just use them to ccs #4 but could be worth putting into routine. As said, a routine based around heavy negatives in my opinion is not the best way to go but may be able to use it in different ways and maybe i am wrong and negatives on that will help a bunch as thats type of machine i have never used (i certainly won't be doing loads with it from the off though).

Also got some more grippers. Hopefully can train monday and do six 5kg pinch. Will chalk plates tomorrow. Got new camera.

It should be a good year for you, Paul.

Good luck.

I also got one of those electric measuring things people asked me to get.

Digital calipers?

If that's what others use then yes, i just put electric tape measure in and found them.

It should be a good year for you, Paul.

Good luck.

Thanks. I hope.

Ended up doing grip late last night as actually not off work monday. Had to chalk plates as i was doing itband only managed air with the six 5kg's. It will go with the right conditions. After that did 70 total break reps (break the floor then put it back down) alternating each hand with five 5kg, first half two fingers. After that did 15 reps ccs HG400, 18 20mm block set and some deeper. Hopefully get my zenith #4 for next workout, will probably move on to that. Didnt film as had bit of a crisis night with a car crash and a lost cat. Need sort more light for garage yet too.

After hearing about the espn deal i decided i will try arm wrestling. Is annoying as two years ago i wanted to try it but was told was high risk for injury with no money so didnt bother. Now the money is there is worth the risk. Just done a load of wrist stuff and partial pull ups so far, can do 40 or so. Not been able do grippers again yet, forearm joints been bit wrecked from work. Left thumb has some kind of injury to outside of it and am bit ill at mo.

What ESPN deal?

9 event series of WAL on primetime slots in 2015. Last one is half million dollar prize pool.

Got zenith #4 delivered, ccs'd it 6 times an did some rep's deep set. This is after load of arm wrestling training. Should be able to do a triple fresh. Great gripper to work with for me at mo.

• 2 weeks later...

Did zenith grippers again today (after arm wrestling training), did no sets, 2 reps on #4 then 25 #3 and 50 on #2. Davids #4 was definately easier, i almost ccs'd that one off hand after a comp and a ton of grip training including a load of other gripper sets.

Arm wrestling training is starting to get going, my table not arrived yet but started lock and load type training and keeping up the wrist stuff. Did 36kg hammer grip dumbbell preacher hold today which wasnt too bad and am working my way to 45 seconds v-grip pull up hold (121kg bodyweight). Not really fresh at any point but putting work in.

Paul-

Do you have anyone to pull with? They all say it's the best way to advance.

Have not looked, get injured everytime i arm wrestle so plan is to condition myself to it for a year without pulling anyone. Will work the motions on the table with bands and pulleys, do tabletop curls, iso pull up holds, one arm rows, wrist stuff etc

I lost to my dad, brother and even my mother till i was 16, then i beat everyone i faced till someone in college who couldnt get there arm anywhere near straight due to an old injury. Spent ages trying to finish him but just couldnt straighten his arm (didnt know of injury at the time) and eventually got injured. Had tendon pain for about 9 months after, shooting pains all up my arm, couldnt do any pull ups, rows, curls etc this injury has been a problem for me with grippers ever since as they stress the same spot, then i further aggrivated this arm wrestling on proper table after wsh comp and was same again for about 8 month. Also had a lot of wrist pain, for nearly 3 years i couldnt do a wrist curl with either arm pain free if i used a dumbbell or barbell, only plate wrist curl was ok and had bad injury to left wrist a wsh also. Just want to be smart and do all i can to prevent injury as is very dangerous sport and any arm injury makes my job nigh on impossible.

Edited by Paul Savage

Paul, don't you find it a risky endevour now that you want to focus on CCS #4 a the same time? Apparently not but with your history you just summoned up and the impact of heavy gripper training you seem to be asking for problems to happen. Just a personal opinion though, since you are a contender with a realistic chance on certing with focused training. It's not that you have a deskjob. Your work also costs recovery which you will need very hard if you want to succeed.

Paul, don't you find it a risky endevour now that you want to focus on CCS #4 a the same time? Apparently not but with your history you just summoned up and the impact of heavy gripper training you seem to be asking for problems to happen. Just a personal opinion though, since you are a contender with a realistic chance on certing with focused training. It's not that you have a deskjob. Your work also costs recovery which you will need very hard if you want to succeed.

Possible positives out weigh possible negatives with both arm wrestling and my job. Both have possible negatives but many positives can come with. I am sure the #4 cert will come in time no matter what sport i do or what work i do, i will find a way.

Well, be safe and good luck!

Thanks

Possible positives out weigh possible negatives with both arm wrestling and my job. Both have possible negatives but many positives can come with. I am sure the #4 cert will come in time no matter what sport i do or what work i do, i will find a way.

Well, be safe and good luck!

Thanks
Everybody needs to do things their own way. I didn't mean to be negative or anything btw. I hope it works out well, like I said, you have a realistic chance on certing. Cheers!