Road To Coc#4 - Time To Get This Done!

Paul Savage

Yeah, I Agree with Matt... My wc is miles away from my no.4 ...and my pro is much harder than any no.4 I own... Makes them feel easy :)

Sam: I'm still waiting for your 3.5 cert? Been a long time since your no.3 ;)

Paul, no offence mate, but you have been talking about this 4 cert for ever and have came up dry.

Hopefully I am wrong this year.

Stirring the pot I see lol. I do think you should cert on the 3.5, just in case injuries get the best of you, at least you'll have cemented your legacy!

Paul, no offence mate, but you have been talking about this 4 cert for ever and have came up dry.

No need to root against someone who is systematically working toward a goal. Think of how many people set a goal to close the #4 and scarcely make any progress. Paul has the chops to navigate injury and responsibly train toward what appears to be a realistic goal from him.

Go Paul go.

• Like 6

No need to root against someone who is systematically working toward a goal. Think of how many people set a goal to close the #4 and scarcely make any progress. Paul has the chops to navigate injury and responsibly train toward what appears to be a realistic goal from him.

Go Paul go.

Agreed and let's face it, this is the 4 we're talking about. It's not like it happens over night. It can take decades of training.

Something like that yeah, was twigs so he might have a reading. I have two 4's that close to my wc myself.

Sam - Hopefully you are but remember how difficult this is for anybody, nevermind myself who started only being able to close the trainer. It's a lot to gain and a very hard feat. Also, the rule changing has meant it's much more difficult now. I would have certified years back if it was old rules.

• Like 1

Something like that yeah, was twigs so he might have a reading. I have two 4's that close to my wc myself.

Not trying to stir the pot, but two #4's that are close to a World Class?

Is that a narrow or standard?

Edited by Sam Scott

It's a regular wc and trust me is mega hard, they just freaky 4's.

I thought the 4's maxed out around the 230 rgc mark...in which case if you trained with this particular 4 I would put you in good stead for closing pretty much anything that is thrown at you certificate day.

Can't see either of the hardest ones i have being in 230's, only if they the same at 1 inch off to the close. An that one of twigs was rediculous.

There's no point working with these kind of grippers as is too much resistence. Too easy to get injured and too much pressure on the palm, gets bruised and then you can't train. Instead i plan to train with reps on coc 3 for a while then move to coc 3.5 when it very easy, then go to coc 4 when i feel ready.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally back training grippers today. Manged my RB330 with credit card then did 40 short range reps on #3. Video's are linked on facebook, add me is just my name. Profile picture is avatar off here. Also check out my youtube channel and hit the subscribe button as posting up a lot of videos showing all my training. Building up to some big grip feats and big lifts in the gym too.

Ended up doing more grippers today, put my 3.5 in choker decided build up reps with that, did 3 sets of 7 then 13 credit card on #2.5 and 57 clickers on #3. Also managed to close grip bench two 20kg each side on smith for 50 reps this morning. Videos on my channel.

Did yet more grippers today. Up to 15 clicker reps from choker with 3.5, hand to hand tossing 80lb dumbbell with fat gripz extremes for 31 reps, pinch hold three 15kg for a minute and also showing how i do extensors. Videos on my channel.

Cheers bud. Going to try hang snatches with it.

I started because the rack at this gym is terrible to lift the bar off of and my mrs who trains with me has a bad back so couldnt help but actually really liking it. I have shoulder niggles so i have go narrower grip than nost and think the smith is a lot safer. I can train heavy on my own with little risk of injury. Going to start doing heavy declines and weighted dips now to try bring up my chest and take some shoulders out my benching. Trying to even up my deltoids and bring up side and rear to the front so its not so overpowering.

Managed 30 clickers on the choked 3.5 last session, also 50 clickers from mms #3 off hand. Also did 10 reps barbell row 140.5kg no belt. Videos on channel. Also posting up sarahs training again, she is trying to rehab her back and do somewhat of a transformation physically. Has been back training with me for a while.

#4 gripper cert plan

Ok so my plan for grippers working towards the 4 at the moment is..

Warm ups upto a medium/heavy ccs single

Choked clickers

Mms reps

Clickers

When i came back to grippers i found that i was once again strong through the sweep but weak at the close so decided to do a lot of clicker reps working the point in which i usually fail the 4 ccs (1/16th to 1/8th of an inch). These clickers allow me to use the heaviest resistance for the longest period of time. Why the choker? I find it makes me stronger from the parallel position which should keep good speed up to the close. As for now i will be doing ccs upto #3 then clickers with 3.5, mms reps with #3 then finishing with clickers on the 3. These will gradually go up till i'm using a 4 for the choked clickers etc

• Like 1

Did grippers yestersay, didnt feel great so took it fairly easy, 16 clickers 3.5 and 40 clickers on #3 from ccs (did same with #2.5 left). Did a little workout at the night time with some plate curls, fat gripz and pinch as well. Also did 150kg/330lb barbell row x 10 and felt really light, want to go to 200kg/440lb on them.

Videos on channel.

Amazing crush work Paul, the 4 will be yours soon. You made that 3 CCS look like an afterthought

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Yeah #3 ccs never going to be an issue.

Managed 3.5 choked for 40 clickers last workout, will move up to super elite now. Also did three 20kg and a 10kg each side for 10 reps on bench press yesterday. Videos on channel.

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Moved up to choked super elite for the clickers, which i just did 3 sets of 5 with as was a bit fried coming in so didnt want to push it. Unfortunately have been even more fried since then and hands have not been upto anything extra beyond work. I have also had a holiday but again this week back have had a massive load in work and the boxing i have done as part of new routine has made my hands and forearms really sore / don't have a day off till next friday so might be a while yet. Managed the 200k rows, actually did 202.5kg x 10. Videos on channel.

• 2 weeks later...

Update

Did super elite for 10 clickers choked today, also closed it off hand and then did 14 and 12 wide reps on #3 chalkless right and 7 reps #3 an 16 reps #2.5, again wide chalkless. Also back training legs hard, did four 20kg and a 10kg each side for 10 reps on hack squats yesterday, plan to go up to six 20kg a side for 10 before long with grippers between sets. Moving up to #4 soon.

Videos on channel.

• Like 1