13-02-2010

DO DEADLIFTS(No straps):

70(154) x10, x10

100(220) x3, x3

120(264) x3

140(309) x3

165(364) x1

190(419) x1

210(463) x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2KOluZkjE I locked it but I didn't manage to hold it all the way down...

Put my straps and tried a liitle more weight:

225(496) x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wcfrZK9MKE That was heavy... :fear

REVERSE GRIP BENCH PRESS:

I used two 20kilo plates to lift the bench a little higher so I could unload the bar from the stands...!

70(154) x10, x5

100(220) x5

120(164) x5

140(309) x3

150(331) x3

160(353) x2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32OHRhP9Ae4 Long time to do that but it felt good.

CABLE PUSHDOWNS: 4x10

Nice on those Reverse grip presses Manthos!! Do you normally do those with that wide of a grip?

You also had a few more reps in the tank bro! Great lift! :rock

Strong work on the DO deads :rock

Thanks mate! I really need to work my deadlift form though...it sucks... :trout:calm

13-02-2010

DO DEADLIFTS(No straps):

70(154) x10, x10

100(220) x3, x3

120(264) x3

140(309) x3

165(364) x1

190(419) x1

210(463) x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE2KOluZkjE I locked it but I didn't manage to hold it all the way down...

I used two 20kilo plates to lift the bench a little higher so I could unload the bar from the stands...!

70(154) x10, x5

100(220) x5

120(164) x5

140(309) x3

150(331) x3

160(353) x2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32OHRhP9Ae4 Long time to do that but it felt good.

Nice on those Reverse grip presses Manthos!! Do you normally do those with that wide of a grip?

Thanks Chris! Yes, that's how I do them and I feel more comfortable like this than regular grip!

I too believe I had a couple more reps but I take it easy because I stopped doing these for a long time and this was my first attempt after this pause period.

13-02-2010

DO DEADLIFTS(No straps):

70(154) x10, x10

100(220) x3, x3

120(264) x3

140(309) x3

165(364) x1

190(419) x1

70(154) x10, x5

100(220) x5

120(164) x5

140(309) x3

150(331) x3

Thanks Chris! Yes, that's how I do them and I feel more comfortable like this than regular grip!

I too believe I had a couple more reps but I take it easy because I stopped doing these for a long time and this was my first attempt after this pause period.

Cool dude, I usually put my pinkie finger on the notch when I do them! Very Strong bro!!

20/02/2010

Fast walking about 2kms.

I had a small accident today, fortunately it ended well without injury, but to all who Bench Press without a spotter or their set up is not how a proper set up must be....BE CAREFULL!!! At my case, I overstretched to unload the bar, I did my rep, but when I tried to put the bar back to the stands I couldn't stretch enough and I messed up...

70(154) x10

100(220) x10

120(264) x5

140(309) x5

150(331) x1

160(353) x1

170(375) x1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9UD0jBjVYY :help:trout

BARBELL BICEPS CURLS:

40(88) x10

60(132) x10, x8

Fast walking about 2kms.

Manthos!!!!!?? Please BE CAREFUL BRO! You're VERY lucky that's all that happened! Be safe and always have a spotter dude! That was scary to watch man.

However, Strong lift dude!! That's a ton of weight you're throwing up on reverse grip bro!

Manthos!!!!!?? Please BE CAREFUL BRO! You're VERY lucky that's all that happened! Be safe and always have a spotter dude! That was scary to watch man.

However, Strong lift dude!! That's a ton of weight you're throwing up on reverse grip bro!

Thanks Chris!! The big problem is that I can't find a spotter when I need one and I don't have a power rack to use for safety... :(

This keeps my progres back and stops me for giving 100% of my effort for this lift...Yes, today I was very lucky and also I'm very upset cause I can't work my bench like I want to do...Thanks again bro, I'll try to be more careful next time!

Strong stuff.And I have to agree also Manthos, that was scary when I saw that, a spotter is a must.

Thank you my friend! You're right, a spotter is a must, specialy for bench presses, but it is very hard to find one where I'm working out.

Thanks Chris!! The big problem is that I can't find a spotter when I need one and I don't have a power rack to use for safety... :(

This keeps my progres back and stops me for giving 100% of my effort for this lift...Yes, today I was very lucky and also I'm very upset cause I can't work my bench like I want to do...Thanks again bro, I'll try to be more careful next time!

Please,Just be safe Manthos.

Waow ! Manthos, this is scary !! Be carefull please ! Those poundages are really awesome.

It was a bad moment Joefey... Sure thing I will be more carefull next time...Thank you my friend!

20/02/2010

SQUAT:

70(154) x10, x5

100(220) x5

120(264) x5

140(309) x5

160(353) x2

180(397) x2

200(441) x2, x2, x2

GRIPPERS:

Nothing special to mention. Some misses with Joefreys MM1 replica and a few BFNs with my #3.5 both hands.

Nice squatting workout !

BFN's with 3.5 BOTH hands ! You sure are on the way the get a good balance between both hands. I neglect too much my left hand. :online

Nice squatting workout !

BFN's with 3.5 BOTH hands ! You sure are on the way the get a good balance between both hands. I neglect too much my left hand. :online

Yes Joefrey I try to keep them close but it seems I'm stuck and I don't improve at my grippers at all. All this time from the day I started grippers till today, I realized that involving too many exercises in my training routine keeps my crushing strength low. I mean I tire my body with heavy loads and that stops my grip progress. I saw that when I was in Leros and didn't have access to heavy weights, my grip strength was much improved and now, back home, that I work heavy Snatches, Deadlifts, Bicep curls, C&Js, it doesn't feel so good and I can't succeed in a decent griper workout... Every time I catch my grippers, my hands feels so sore and my #3 is the hardest gripper I can close...and that happens for many months now without improvement.

Yes, but even if you don't improve, I don't see you step back! Few people can be strong in a wide range of activities at the same time. When I look at your workouts and see how hard you push them, less gripping power at the present time is understandable. When I performed powerlifting routines, back in 2008 and 2009, my grip didn't improve fast even with a well-considered planning. Now, due to lower back problems (osteoarthritis and hyperlordosis :cry ), I only perform short workouts with KB (4 to 5 a week), so I can make consistent progress with grippers (I like them so much ! :tongue )

From time to time, maybe you have to put aside some parts of your training for a short period of time and concentrate your efforts on a specific activity (olympic weightlifting, grippers, ...), go through plateaus then switch to another activity.

You're a talented and skilful weightlifter, so I have no doubt you'll reach the goals you've set !! :mosher

Edited by Joefrey

I've had the exact same issues Manthos! I now do days I just work grippers only. It has helped me a lot...Course I'm nowhere near your strength on these :blush

Yes, but even if you don't improve, I don't see you step back! Few people can be strong in a wide range of activities at the same time. When I look at your workouts and see how hard you push them, less gripping power at the present time is understandable. When I performed powerlifting routines, back in 2008 and 2009, my grip didn't improve fast even with a well-considered planning. Now, due to lower back problems (osteoarthritis and hyperlordosis :cry ), I only perform short workouts with KB (4 to 5 a week), so I can make consistent progress with grippers (I like them so much ! :tongue )

From time to time, maybe you have to put aside some parts of your training for a short period of time and concentrate your efforts on a specific activity (olympic weightlifting, grippers, ...), go through plateaus then switch to another activity.

You're a talented and skilful weightlifter, so I have no doubt you'll reach the goals you've set !! :mosher

I totaly agree with you Joefrey... I must sacrifice some parts of my training so I can imrove at grippers, this is true. I don't feel right about that because I like working out all around but if I want an MM1 certification till the end of the year, I must do it...We'll see.... And thank you very much for your kind words my friend!

I've had the exact same issues Manthos! I now do days I just work grippers only. It has helped me a lot...Course I'm nowhere near your strength on these :blush

You don't need grip strength Chris............... You're the king of Bench....! :tongue :tongue :bow

You don't need grip strength Chris............... You're the king of Bench....! :tongue :tongue :bow

HAHA, Thanks dude, grip is very challenging to me! I've been doing core lifts (bench,squats,pulls,cleans) since I was 15 yrs old! Never once worked grip, so it's like a new drug for me :rock

24/02/2010

KETTLEBELLS:

Very strange Kb day today... Even now I'm writing this, I can't understand what exactly I was doing!

So...some swings with my 32kg, then some Bup presses with that both hands, then some C&Js(??) with my 56kg,then some snatches -I think those were snatches- with that 56kg, then some snatches -those were snatches- with the 32kg and at the end some Bup presses again with the 32kg...... :whacked :whacked

After this Kb parody I did some good(!) front levers with my 8kilo sledge hammer.... Here is a vid of my 1st set of 2 reps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rwgMtA5FU

The length, from metal to bottom, 80cm.

I didn't know what else to do and left....strange day today.... :unsure

Edited by MANTHOS

24/02/2010

KETTLEBELLS:

Very strange Kb day today... Even now I'm writing this, I can't understand what exactly I was doing!

So...some swings with my 32kg, then some Bup presses with that both hands, then some C&Js(??) with my 56kg,then some snatches -I think those were snatches- with that 56kg, then some snatches -those were snatches- with the 32kg and at the end some Bup presses again with the 32kg...... :whacked :whacked

After this Kb parody I did some good(!) front levers with my 8kilo sledge hammer.... Here is a vid of my 1st set of 2 reps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rwgMtA5FU

HAHAHAHA, I hate when I have those days Manthos! Awesome work on the sledge!

24/02/2010

KETTLEBELLS:

HAHAHAHA, I hate when I have those days Manthos! Awesome work on the sledge!

Thanks Chris....You're right about grippers...it's like a drug!! :yikes