Goody, Hammy, Bullitt Bench Press Race

Guest Bullitt

I've clearly been out of the running here for a while. I've been out of the gym for about a month or so...eh, looks like life is catching up with me! HAHA! My wife and I are expecting, so the countless doctors apts are killing me.

I'm hoping to get back in the gym next week. Only time will tell. I will get back to a 4-plate bench - it just might not be in the confines of this race.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hamil1km

• acorn

• CoC#3

• RPGoodfellow

Guest Bullitt
I've clearly been out of the running here for a while. I've been out of the gym for about a month or so...eh, looks like life is catching up with me! HAHA! My wife and I are expecting, so the countless doctors apts are killing me.

I'm hoping to get back in the gym next week. Only time will tell. I will get back to a 4-plate bench - it just might not be in the confines of this race.

This race never ends. The goals just get raised! :rock

Flat bench

1x4, 315 PR

2x5, 315 PR

-Rex

Edited by The Natural

Flat bench

1x4, 315 PR

2x5, 315 PR

-Rex

Nice job Rex!

Thanks Bullitt. I told myself a while ago that I'd work up to a heavy single (rare for me) once I could get 3x5 with 315. I'm about there, so next week I may put 385 on the bar and see how close I am to 405.

-Rex

Wiped myself out yesterday fabricating a bench for myself outside in the 105+ temp. Benched with it and my squat stands this morning then did grip work with SCT Bench and Skull smashers at the end of the grip workout.

Bench

5x135#,3x185#,3x245#

2x305#

1x345# skipped 2nd rep

SCT bench

405 x 6sec, 455# x 6sec, 555# x 14sec

skull krusher

6 x 170#

Grip work went well even though forearms felt tore up and tired to begin with. Closed my easy #4 and 2HPed 235# before work sets with Tim as witness.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Aaron and rex, good work!

Thx!

Really happy the bench and squat stands I made didnt even seem stressed with me doing the 555# iso.

- Aaron

Today i did seated press off the pins set at chin height and i did 220x5. No actual bench work today.

Tonights quick workout

I DID IT BOYS!!!!!

Bench

135x12

225x2

295x1

345x1

400x1 PR YES!!!! Went up smooth

Was gonna go for 405 it felt heavy unracking by myself so I decided to not try it since I was gonna try my first ever bend tonight.

Hmmm which gripper do I want for my prize :D

Guest Bullitt

No, no, no, you misunderstood. The gripper was for 2nd place. Sorry, you are now out of the contest. HAHAHAHAHA

Awesome job bruddah! I'll shoot you a check Friday for my half. I knew you were gonna get it tonight. Beast! What are you weighing right now? That's gotta be close to 2X bodyweight!

Thanks again!

Now I need to tackle my DL goal for this year since I haven't been doing DL for a couple months.

Congrats Hammy, 400 is a huge milestone!

Thanks AP! It was big for me anyway.

Thanks Rex

Good job Hammy!

Congrats Kris, thats a monster bench! :rock

Guest Bullitt

Today was week 9 doubles day: Full workout posted on log.

Warmed up with a light set of squats to get the blood pumping: 225X12

Bench:

135X8

185X2

225X2

255X2

285X1 (first one went up very easy. Got stuck right at transition point on 2nd and could not push past it. Little nudge from my spotter and it went up)

260X3 (same deal on 4th rep as 2nd rep with 285 :angry: )

Assistance lifts were all kept light. (incline bench, pullups, hammer curls)