Goody, Hammy, Bullitt Bench Press Race

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Goody, Hammy, and I are racing. Losers buy winner standard gripper of choice. No video needed. We are all men of Strength & Honor. Well in my case, the strength part is suspect. :blush

Anyway, post your progress here guys. Max, bench workouts, taunts, challenges, whatever you want.

Goody:

Current max: 365lbs Goal: 400lbs

Hammy:

Bullitt:

Current max: 275lbs Goal: 305lbs

Good luck !!!! :rock

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hamil1km

• acorn

• CoC#3

• RPGoodfellow

Goody, Hammy, and I are racing. Losers buy winner standard gripper of choice. No video needed. We are all men of Strength & Honor. Well in my case, the strength part is suspect. :blush

Anyway, post your progress here guys. Max, bench workouts, taunts, challenges, whatever you want.

Goody:

Hammy:

Bullitt:

Why do you get the easy one? ;)

Good luck guys.

Michael

Edited by mwhities

Guest Bullitt

Goody:

Hammy:

Bullitt:

Why do you get the easy one? ;)

Good luck guys.

Michael

Because I am old, decrepit, and need all the help I can get. :(

They will probably get to 450 before I get 305. :laugh

BTW the 365 for me is an estimate since I just got extra weight and just got my new heavy duty bench together last night so I can have a go at a true max. Not as easy to test my 1rm without a spotter :D

I'll try to get a max attempt in by monday to get a good idea

Guest Bullitt
BTW the 365 for me is an estimate since I just got extra weight and just got my new heavy duty bench together last night so I can have a go at a true max. Not as easy to test my 1rm without a spotter :D

Understood. Actual max for Hammy is 350lbs (because that was all the weight he had and his bench was only rated to 310lbs). 365lbs was estimated. Once you have a true max, we can play with the final number if 365 is out of whack.

Edited by Bullitt

Understood. Actual max for Hammy is 350lbs (because that was all the weight he had and his bench was only rated to 310lbs). 365lbs was estimated. Once you have a true max, we can play with the final number if 365 is out of whack.

HAHAHAHA NO 400 is the number. I'm up for it. Who knows I may do 400 next week

Guest Bullitt

HAHAHAHA NO 400 is the number. I'm up for it. Who knows I may do 400 next week

I meant we might have to raise it. It never goes down. :laugh

Guest Bullitt

Did inclines today. Haven't done these in a long time. Didn't push it and warmed up more than usual.

BarX20

75X15

135X10

175X8

Because I am old, decrepit, and need all the help I can get.

Hey! What's this talk about being old and decrepit! You're not much older than me! :angry:

Just kidding! Good luck with the bench press race. :D

Guest Bullitt
Because I am old, decrepit, and need all the help I can get.

Hey! What's this talk about being old and decrepit! You're not much older than me! :angry:

Just kidding! Good luck with the bench press race. :D

Trying to fill these pups with a false sense of security. ;)

Thanks Todd. Well that gives me hope then, cause based on your BP goal, you can still push some serious weight! :rock

Edited by Bullitt

I plan to hit 400 soon, as well. I started taking upper body stuff seriously again about eight weeks ago, after months of irregular training. It's going well. This past Wed, 295x5, 300x5, 300x7. Could have done 300x9 on the last set. I'll see how you guys progress.

-Rex

I'm after a bigger bench this year aswell it's always been my worst lift by far probably because i have never cared much for training it, my best is 145kg (319lbs) i'm after 160kg (352lbs) by the end of the summer, possibly 180kg(396lbs) by the end of the year. Good luck to everyone !

Thanks Todd. Well that gives me hope then, cause based on your BP goal, you can still push some serious weight! :rock

You definitely have plenty of hope Mike. I know several guys that are 50+ and still benching some big weight. My hope is to continue making small gains every year for at least the next decade.

How often do you do your bench workouts? I've found that once every 9 days is optimal for me.

Guest Bullitt

You definitely have plenty of hope Mike. I know several guys that are 50+ and still benching some big weight. My hope is to continue making small gains every year for at least the next decade.

How often do you do your bench workouts? I've found that once every 9 days is optimal for me.

I was benching 2 - 3 times per week when I was doing deads and milk (replaced squats with deads). I tweaked my lower back a couple weeks ago. Now I'm doing once a week. I hadn't benched in years. Took it back up about 3 months ago.

Lots of guys looking for new BP PRs. Maybe we should open this up.

Bench today from my workout

Bench

10x135lbs

2x245lbs

1x335lbs

1x360lbs PR

6x300lbs

Had some more in the tank after 360lb lift but was too worried to try more without spotter.

Guest Bullitt

Bench

10x135lbs

2x245lbs

1x335lbs

1x360lbs PR

6x300lbs

Had some more in the tank after 360lb lift but was too worried to try more without spotter.

Nice workout bro. My bench workout today:

BarX20

95X10

135X10

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

First time I have done 5X5 with 230.

Bench

10x135lbs

2x245lbs

1x335lbs

1x360lbs PR

6x300lbs

Nice workout bro. My bench workout today:

BarX20

95X10

135X10

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

230X5

First time I have done 5X5 with 230.

getting stronger. Everything feel better with a little extra warmup?

Guest Bullitt

Yea. Helps. Still a little sore because i think I have the beginning stages of tendonitis. The extra warmups feel like they wear me out a bit, but the pain in my upper and lower bicep seems to be a lot better. Didn't wear me out too much since i was able to get 230 5X5. :)

Bench

10x135lbs

2x245lbs

1x335lbs

1x360lbs PR

6x300lbs

You need a spotter system Hammy or someone is going to find you a week too late under a pile of weight! Either boxes on the sides of the bench, pillars of poverty http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/safety.html or chains hanging from something built above.

Something!

Bench

10x135lbs

2x245lbs

1x335lbs

1x360lbs PR

6x300lbs

You need a spotter system Hammy or someone is going to find you a week too late under a pile of weight! Either boxes on the sides of the bench, pillars of poverty http://www.geocities.com/fightraining/safety.html or chains hanging from something built above.

Something!

HAHAHAHAH. I haven't used a spotter for a while. Adds an element of danger and gives me incentive to not fail. Only problem is I could do at least 1 more rep on most sets andmore weight on a 1RM if I had one cause I could push it more. As it is now I can't push to total failure.

Well I decided to do couple sets of closed grip bench tonight cause I haven't done them in a while and I wanted to zap the body a little more than the workout this morning

10x225

10x225

Video'd a set of bench tonight with encouragement from Bullitt .... This is in honor of Ronnie Coleman

YAH BUDDY!!!

300x8reps PR

Guest Bullitt
Video'd a set of bench tonight with encouragement from Bullitt .... This is in honor of Ronnie Coleman

YAH BUDDY!!!

300x8reps PR

Now that's what one of the funniest things I have ever seen. :laugh

Nice work too.

I'm going to get a chest workout in tonight. I'll post it up later/tomorrow.

Good stuff, Hammy! Hilarious!

Any chance I could join you guys in a race to 400#? I got 7x275# yesterday so I would have some catching up to do. :D

- Aaron

Guest Bullitt
Any chance I could join you guys in a race to 400#? I got 7x275# yesterday so I would have some catching up to do. :D

- Aaron

What's your max Aaron?