Frank's Log

Magnus

Thursday, 12/4/09

Woke up with a nasty sore throat today, so wasn't planning on doing any lifting, but got the urge to go for a new max dead.

214 x 2

264 x 1

314 x 1

364 x 1

414 x 1

500 x 1 - PR! Felt really, really good. Perfect form all the way up.

Looks like it was worth the attempt after all. And, my knee didn't bother me once, which I'm really happy about.

Oh my, Frank is finally a man!....so quit cryin about your throat. I bet chuck norris dosent wine about a sore throat and knee probs, o that's right he dosent get any of that.

Thanks, guys :rock

Oh my, Frank is finally a man!....so quit cryin about your throat. I bet chuck norris dosent wine about a sore throat and knee probs, o that's right he dosent get any of that.

Rofl...awesome :laugh

Grippers:

Right hand:

#3 x 1

#3.5 x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x 1

BBE x miss (?)

BBE x 1

#3 x 10

Left hand:

Feeling a little off tonight, for some reason.

#3 x 1

#3.5 x close/very close miss (couldn't tell)

#3 x 3

#3 x 2

BBE x VVN

BBE x VVN

BBE x VVN

#3 x 6 + 4 forced reps

#3 x a bunch of wide-set singles.

Edited by Magnus

Frank,

When you say #3 x 10, exactly how wide do you open it? All the way? And bang it back closed? Or ru stopping and replacing it in your hand ten times with no rest. Put a link up if you have a vid of how you do the high reps with the #3, I'm just looking to see this because it seems so hard to do such high reps. Also how often do you test your self with a credit card for the #3? Since you were talking of certing a wile ago.

Rico

Frank,

When you say #3 x 10, exactly how wide do you open it? All the way? And bang it back closed? Or ru stopping and replacing it in your hand ten times with no rest. Put a link up if you have a vid of how you do the high reps with the #3, I'm just looking to see this because it seems so hard to do such high reps. Also how often do you test your self with a credit card for the #3? Since you were talking of certing a wile ago.

Rico

I do them like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_h7yXbmzM

I actually haven't done any CCS in a while. I was close to CCSing my #3.5 for a while there. I'll have to try that again in my next workout.

Frank,

Rico

I do them like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_h7yXbmzM

I actually haven't done any CCS in a while. I was close to CCSing my #3.5 for a while there. I'll have to try that again in my next workout.

Strong, I'm gonna post some #3 closes here as soon as I film them and you can tell me how I can improve or what I may be doing wrong with my set. I'm not so much of a setter so its not a strong point for me

Rico

Dang, haven't had a solid workout for a while now.

Thursday, 12/10/09

Barbell rows:

314 x 8

314 x 8

314 x 6 drop set to 214 x 3,3 cluster

214 x 12 + 3

Tricep V-bar pressdowns:

Triceps feeling lame today.

50 x 8, 50 x 8, 50 x 8 cluster to warm up.

100 x 8

100 x 8 drop set to 50 x 10

Friday, 12/11/09

Was gonna do shoulder press today, but got talking to Luke about BP, so turned it into a bench workout instead.

Benchpress:

235 x 5

265 x 1

305 x 1

315 x 1

331 x 1 - PR

305 x 2

305 x 2

305 x 1

285 x 3

285 x 3

285 x 3

Strict side raises:

40 x 8 - pause at the top

40 x 8 - no pause but strict

Edited by Magnus

Thanks, guys!

Reading the GC results made me wanna do some DO axle pulls.

2-3/8" axle:

Warmed up, then worked up to...

304 x 1 + long hold - PR!

304 x 1

Finished off with some singles/shrugs with 250.

Around when I pulled 384/barely missed 404 on Climber's 2" axle, I could barely even get this off the ground, so to pull it for 2 relatively easy singles is a nice PR. I'd like another go on Chris's axle to see what I could do on that, now.

Ironic that I've been training only 100% grippers again, and this is the 2nd time I've set a big PR after training only grippers. Well what do you know...amazing for something that's so boring, useless, yada yada...

Edited by Magnus

Guest Bullitt

Thanks, guys!

Reading the GC results made me wanna do some DO axle pulls.

2-3/8" axle:

Warmed up, then worked up to...

304 x 1 + long hold - PR!

304 x 1

Finished off with some singles/shrugs with 250.

Around when I pulled 384/barely missed 404 on Climber's 2" axle, I could barely even get this off the ground, so to pull it for 2 relatively easy singles is a nice PR. I'd like another go on Chris's axle to see what I could do on that, now.

Ironic that I've been training only 100% grippers again, and this is the 2nd time I've set a big PR after training only grippers. Well what do you know...amazing for something that's so boring, useless, yada yada...

Dude...

That is sick. :bow

What first got me into grip training was shrugs. At about the 315lb mark with an olympic bar, my pathetic grip had trouble holding on with a DO grip...

Ordered some heavy grips from ebay, and since I didn't know about the GB or anything grip, I did like 3 sets of 10 reps or something. Couldn't even close the hg200.

After just a couple weeks my grip in the gym saw dramatic improvements. Shrugs weren't a problem anymore, and that's just from grippers.

Thanks Mike!

Luke, that's preposterous. Everybody knows that grippers don't give you any functional hand strength. You must've imagined it.

2hp:

On my 48mm setup.

120 x 1

140 x 1

170 x 1

200 x 1

206 x 1 - PR

TTK:

13lb x 20, both hands - PR

16lb, "choked" to parallel (stacked weights under the plate side until the tubes were parallel)

6 reps lefty, 1 rep righty (right hand died here for some reason).

10lb, 10 reps both hands

Edited by Magnus

Thursday, 12/17/09

Deadlifts:

114 x 10

164 x 10

214 x 5

264 x 1

364 x 1

414 x 1

506 x 1 - PR

Dumbbell hammer curls:

50 x 5

70 x 8

70 x 8

70 x 8

Reverse flyes:

50 x 10

50 x 10

50 x 10

Hey Frank good job on the DL, PR

Rico

Thanks, guys! Not a huge PR, but if I can keep it up week to week, that'd be great. So far I've added 21lb since October 20th.

Edited by Magnus

Sunday, 12/20/09

5-10s + weight:

+10 x 1, L&R

+16 x 1, L&R

+20 x 1, L&R

+26 x 1, L

+30 x 1, L - PR

Did something with the TTK after that. Don't remember what.

Inch handle:

166 x 1, L

166 x 1, L

166 x 1, L

Monday, 12/21/09

Barbell curls:

114 x 5

114 x 3

165 x 5

204 x 3

204 x 3

144 x 8

144 x 8

124 x 8

Barbell lap curls:

104 x 8

104 x 8

Hammer curls:

50 x 12

Already did heavy HCs a few days ago, so I kept it light.

Benchpress:

Lousy bench day. Worked up to 315. Still not feeling 100% since my last heavy bench day.