Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Today was week 9 doubles day: Weighed in at 250 even. Well rested and felt great.

Warmed up with a light set of squats to get the blood pumping: 225X12

Bench:

135X8

185X2

225X2

255X2

285X1 (first one went up very easy. Got stuck right at transition point on 2nd and could not push past it. Little nudge from my spotter and it shot up)

260X3 (same deal on 4th rep as 2nd rep with 285 :angry: )

Assistance lifts were all kept light. (incline bench, pullups, hammer curls)

I keep getting stuck at the same dang spot. Strong to there and after a slight nudge it goes the rest of the way. Very frustrating.

Afterward I messed with my new 1" vbar from FBBC. Pulled 252lbs righty, 220lbs lefty.

Today was week 9 doubles day: Weighed in at 250 even. Well rested and felt great.

Warmed up with a light set of squats to get the blood pumping: 225X12

Bench:

135X8

185X2

225X2

255X2

285X1 (first one went up very easy. Got stuck right at transition point on 2nd and could not push past it. Little nudge from my spotter and it shot up)

260X3 (same deal on 4th rep as 2nd rep with 285 :angry: )

Assistance lifts were all kept light. (incline bench, pullups, hammer curls)

I keep getting stuck at the same dang spot. Strong to there and after a slight nudge it goes the rest of the way. Very frustrating.

Afterward I messed with my new 1" vbar from FBBC. Pulled 252lbs righty, 220lbs lefty.

Nice work buddy!

Guest Bullitt

Today was the last singles day for the Sorin plan. Weighed 250 even. Felt good before the workout, but was not able to get it. Stuck at the same point that i got stuck at on 2nd rep with 285. 295 would have gone up, but not 300. Not today anyway.

I think I'm just fried from moving still. Even though we moved everything over the weekend, we have still been moving furniture around and boxes, etc all week. Gonna take a week off, rest up and come back at it fresh. Still happy with the program. I was stuck at 265 - 275 for 4 months. This got me to around 295 in 2 months.

Took my anger out elsewhere. After bench pulled 275 around 2" on my new FBBC vbar and then pulled a new PR in the deadlift. Not much for you guys, but I did all the weight I now have: 380lbs. That is a huge jump up for a guy who has always had a bad back and had two back surgeries 2 years ago. My previous best was 310 for a double. Did it DO too which was nice.

I will bench 300... or die trying. :rock

Today was the last singles day for the Sorin plan. Weighed 250 even. Felt good before the workout, but was not able to get it. Stuck at the same point that i got stuck at on 2nd rep with 285. 295 would have gone up, but not 300. Not today anyway.

I think I'm just fried from moving still. Even though we moved everything over the weekend, we have still been moving furniture around and boxes, etc all week. Gonna take a week off, rest up and come back at it fresh. Still happy with the program. I was stuck at 265 - 275 for 4 months. This got me to around 295 in 2 months.

Took my anger out elsewhere. After bench pulled 275 around 2" on my new FBBC vbar and then pulled a new PR in the deadlift. Not much for you guys, but I did all the weight I now have: 380lbs. That is a huge jump up for a guy who has always had a bad back and had two back surgeries 2 years ago. My previous best was 310 for a double. Did it DO too which was nice.

I will bench 300... or die trying. :rock

Nice job Mike!

Guest Bullitt

Thanks again guys. Had a good workout today.

Well, I established today that I was either worn out from moving or I have a serious mental block with 300.

barX20

135X8

225X12 PR by 2 reps

That tells me 300 shouldn't be the problem it has been. All the 1 rep calculators say that equals 310 - 324. I need to rest up and give 300 a go fresh Wednesday or Thursday. Very happy with the 20% gain I got from the Sorin plan even though we did NO high rep work at all. Singles, doubles, and quads every workout. Great transfer.

After this I set a PR for my off hand on the new Vbar:

Righty: 262

Lefty 242 PR

Superset the vbar lifts with Barbell and reverse barbell curls.

Then I went out on the deck with some some 1/4" stock I had left over and attempted my first scroll. Not exactly a work of art, but it was fun.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124932338...1121_675007.jpg

Edited by Bullitt

Nice work Mike :rock

Guest Bullitt

Thanks John.

Just an overall body workout tonight. getting ready for deads n milk, which Hammy and I are starting Friday.

Squats, bench and rows. No earth shattering numbers.

I won't be posting any of my gripper workouts as I am one of Wannagrip's Guinea Pigs in his new program. If this is the preparation for KTA, I can't imagine what the real deal is like. HAHAHAHAHA Ouch!!!!

sounds like you just need to take some time and work on that bar path and groove with just the bar or under a little weight...

missing at a sticking point and with a tiny nudge from a spotter and it blowing up usually means you're just out of the groove enough to stick ya when pushing close to our 1rm...

groove work groove work groove work..

i stopped counting reps with the bar after 17,000 and have already acrewed over 2k with the new form work I've started...

achieving the "mastery phase" of a lift takes years.. so the more work the better to engrain perfect form and technique into your system to help you focus on nothing but pushing that heavy shit up brutha!

300 will go based on those numbers..

Guest Bullitt
sounds like you just need to take some time and work on that bar path and groove with just the bar or under a little weight...

missing at a sticking point and with a tiny nudge from a spotter and it blowing up usually means you're just out of the groove enough to stick ya when pushing close to our 1rm...

groove work groove work groove work..

i stopped counting reps with the bar after 17,000 and have already acrewed over 2k with the new form work I've started...

achieving the "mastery phase" of a lift takes years.. so the more work the better to engrain perfect form and technique into your system to help you focus on nothing but pushing that heavy shit up brutha!

300 will go based on those numbers..

Thanks man. I'm going to lay off the max singles for a while and go to higher reps to hopefully do exactly that while on a DL program for the next 6 weeks. Hopefully I come back that much stronger on the bench and then make another run at 300. :rock

I am one of Wannagrip's Guinea Pigs in his new program. If this is the preparation for KTA, I can't imagine what the real deal is like. HAHAHAHAHA Ouch!!!!

Oink oink! :D

That sounds extemely cool. :rock

Guest Bullitt
I am one of Wannagrip's Guinea Pigs in his new program. If this is the preparation for KTA, I can't imagine what the real deal is like. HAHAHAHAHA Ouch!!!!

yes, but also extremely painful. :cry:laugh

Hammy and I were going to start a 6 week program of DO deads n milk today, but decided against it since we are fatiguing our hands in Bill's experimental program. So instead, we are going to be doing Squats and milk for the next 6 weeks. Day 1 was today:

Squats:

135X10

225X20 followed immediately by 20 pullovers on exercise ball.

Seated press (full stop reps from the pins at eye level):

135X6

175X6

175X5

Bent over rows:

175X8

225X8

225X8

30 minutes and I am toast. :rock

yes, but also extremely painful. :cry:laugh

Hammy and I were going to start a 6 week program of DO deads n milk today, but decided against it since we are fatiguing our hands in Bill's experimental program. So instead, we are going to be doing Squats and milk for the next 6 weeks. Day 1 was today:

Squats:

135X10

225X20 followed immediately by 20 pullovers on exercise ball.

Seated press (full stop reps from the pins at eye level):

135X6

175X6

175X5

Bent over rows:

175X8

225X8

225X8

30 minutes and I am toast. :rock

Nice workout !

Lucky, son of a gun :D

Guest Bullitt

John, if you could feel the pain in my hands you wouldn't think I was so lucky :laugh .

Day two of squats n milk:

Sumo DL with 60Lb KB 1X10

Squats:

135X10

230X20 followed immediately by:

- 20 pullovers on exercise ball

- 10 ham glute raises on exercise ball with 25lb plate on belly.

Have done hundreds of closes this week doing this new program and wanted to see where I was with my top end gripper strength so once i caught my breath, I gave my MM2 dup (160#) a go without any chalk and was able to close it. Harder than usual and I really felt it in my forearm, but it closed. Pretty happy I was still able to get it after all of todays closes.

Bench:

135X8

225X8

225X8

225X7 (missed on #8)

Bent over rows:

One arm rows X8 each hand with 60lb KB to warm up.

Barbell:

225X8

225X8

Edited by Bullitt

Quite a workout! :rock

Is your MM2 dud harder than the original MM1?

Guest Bullitt
Quite a workout! :rock

Is your MM2 dud harder than the original MM1?

Yea, it's definitely harder. Not a ton, but harder all the way through the close. Especially the sweep.

Several CCS closes with both hands (left 2.5, right my #3).

Then I hit my 1" vbar:

Right: 267lbs PR

Left: 227lbs PR

Good work on the vbar man! :rock You'll hit that 300 before you can blink an eye. :cool

Guest Bullitt
Several CCS closes with both hands (left 2.5, right my #3).

Then I hit my 1" vbar:

Right: 267lbs PR

Left: 227lbs PR

Good work on the vbar man! :rock You'll hit that 300 before you can blink an eye. :cool

Thanks Ben. Very happy with the progress. This was after my gripper workout, so I think I have a few more lbs in the tank fresh. Plus my skin is pretty tender from Wannagrip's experimental gripper program. Appreciate all your coaching and encouragement bro!

Guest Bullitt

Yesterday was just a recovery day from the contest at Jedd's. Did some doubles with my 2.5 righty and didn't touch anything with my left hand because my forfinger tendon is on fire. Will be back to 20 rep squats tonight.

Things learned at Jedd's:

My vbar strength is better than I thought

Need to work on thick bar

Really need to work on pinch and thumb strength

Really really need to work on wrist strength

Guest Bullitt
Awesome job at Jedd's man.

Thanks bro. I just have to keep reminding myself that it was a tough field. I keep going back and forth between happy that I did so well and bummed that I came in a distant last. :laugh

I learned a lot and just need to build on that for GGC and Gripmas! :rock

Plus it was great meeting everyone. Great bunch of guys!

Dude, you are going to be lifting a 50# blob and closing that #3 in no time! :rock

Dude, with that group up there, I would be glad just to complete the comp. I would be stoked that I didn't have a DNF out next to my name. All you guys did great.

Never been to a comp, but just the difference between this trip and the first trip to Paul's was night and day. I am gonna state now: The next comp you go to, you will blow it up. You will surprise yourself.....just not me. ;)