Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Right hand gripper work. Tried to hit the big grippers first to work on my set with heavier grippers. Set got more and more comfortable as the workout went on. Starting to figure out where my sweet spot is with the new technique Goody showed me.

BBE: 3Xmiss (closest about 1/4" or less)

3.5: 3Xmiss (1/3" closest) - This one is harder at the end than BBE but easier to set (go figure).

Then I did kind of a desending set. Did each close every minute, so about 50 seconds rest between the closes.

HG350 X 1

HG300 X 1

CoC#3 X 1

Then I waited a couple minutes and did two over crushes with my filed 2.5.

2.5 X 2 X 10 sec.

Nice gripper workout!

Great work, Mike. That BBE will fall quickly, bro!

Guest Bullitt

All kinds of fun stuff today. Let's see if i can remember it all.

Blob 42.4lb:

Right hand:

3X1

1X2 (2nd one not a full pull)

1X1 3 finger

1Xmiss - face Was pretty fried by this point

Left hand:

3X1

1X2

2X1 3 finger

1X1 face

Grippers:

Righty: 1Xmiss with BBE

Lefty: 1Xmiss with #3

Back superset on perfect pullup bar with rotating handles(no rest):

Pullups X 11 (PR)

Inverted Rows X 10

Face pulls X 10

Rested a couple minutes and did barbell shrugs:

1X10 with 205lbs

2X10 second SCT shrug holds with 310lbs (all the weight I had)

Crucifix

25 second static hold crucifix with 20lb kettlebell in each hand.

Forearms are fried. Love it! :D

Nice work Mike!

Guest Bullitt
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger :devil

I said that over and over to myself for 14 years with wife #1. It was a lie. ;):laugh

Edited by Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

Bench today. Wanted to make a run at reps with 225.

barX20

95X10

135X10

225X10 (PR)

SCT Bench with 310lbs (all I got) and wife pressing down hard on the bar. Hey, gotta make do with what you got. ;)

SCT X 15sec.

Bench today. Wanted to make a run at reps with 225.

barX20

95X10

135X10

225X10 (PR)

SCT Bench with 310lbs (all I got) and wife pressing down hard on the bar. Hey, gotta make do with what you got. ;)

SCT X 15sec.

Congrats on the PR Way to improvise on the SCT lol. You should be knocking on 300lbs door

Guest Bullitt

Grippers:

Just did right hand. I have some pretty bad soreness and some swelling in my left, so i let it be today.

BBE: 2Xmiss

3.5: 1Xmiss

#3: 5X1

HG300: 1X1

HG350: 1 rep with 8 second hold, then when it started opening I BFNd it 3 times. Killer. New level of gripper pain. :D

Grippers:

Just did right hand. I have some pretty bad soreness and some swelling in my left, so i let it be today.

HG350: 1 rep with 8 second hold, then when it started opening I BFNd it 3 times. Killer. New level of gripper pain. :D

How close on the Elite?

Guest Bullitt
Grippers:

How close on the Elite?

About a cm. Setting was easier. Strangely enough, I got the 3.5 about the same distance from closing. Gonna rest up with no gripper work all weekend and give it a run Monday or Tuesday again.

Edited by Bullitt

Grippers:

How close on the Elite?

About a cm. Setting was easier. Strangely enough, I got the 3.5 about the same distance from closing. Gonna rest up with no gripper work all weekend and give it a run Monday or Tuesday again.

A couple days off will be good, three or four would be better :D I know you won't be able to do that though :tongue

Guest Bullitt
Grippers:

How close on the Elite?

A couple days off will be good, three or four would be better :D I know you won't be able to do that though :tongue

Master Po, Grasshopper will wait until Tuesday to grip again. :fear Promise. :inno

Guest Bullitt

Leg day:

Still going light on the squats until I have full confidence in my lower back. Feeling much better though.

Sumo style with 60lb kettlebell X 10

Box Squats with pause:

135X15

185X10

235X7

Ham/glute raises on exercise ball: 2X10

Finished up with some wrist work

wrist curls

reverse wrist curls

levering in all directions with 8lb sledge

Guest Bullitt

Bench: All reps except first two warmup sets were performed with ultra strict form, a pause at the bottom, and an explosive press -

Warmup:

BarX20

95X5

135X2

155X2

175X2

190X2

205X2

Work sets:

215X2

190X4

Seated press (military): Haven't done these in a while so I kept weight low. Again, very strict form, only lowered to eye level, pause, and explosive press -

Warmup: BarX20

Work sets:

95X6 (too light)

115X6

115X6

115X6

Pullups: Bodyweight (248 as of workout)

4X6

Hammer curls: Used 25lb plate with handle on these. Moving center of gravity out past your hand 3" makes these much harder and works a little wrist strength into equation:

4X6

Nice work Mike :cool

Guest Bullitt

Crap day on the grippers. Apparently taking time off doesn't help. Took 3 days off all gripping and was weaker on the grippers than I have been in a long time. :angry:

Attempted TNS of my easy #3 (missed by about a cm)

BBE X miss (further away than I have been since I got it)

Easy #3: miss, close, close (even the closes were weak and slow)

BBE: 3 BFNs and called it a day.

Still not working my left hand as it is still sore and swollen.

Guest Bullitt

What a difference a few hours makes.

Was P.I.S.T. after this morning's workout, so I grabbed my #3 when I got home from work and tried another TNS. It felt much better than this morning and I actually got it down under a cm. So, I thought, I haven't tried my 3.5 in a while and gave it a go. I really wish I would have tried it first and fresh. Got it closer than I have ever gotten the 3.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyYUmCXIjaU

After that I did another attempt at 3.5 and got it the same distance out.

I still felt strong, so did the following:

7 parallel reps with filed 2.5. (PR since I filed it)

18 second overcrush with my #3 that gave me trouble today. (PR)

I am apparently no good at grip in the mornings.

What a difference a few hours makes.

Was P.I.S.T. after this morning's workout, so I grabbed my #3 when I got home from work and tried another TNS. It felt much better than this morning and I actually got it down under a cm. So, I thought, I haven't tried my 3.5 in a while and gave it a go. I really wish I would have tried it first and fresh. Got it closer than I have ever gotten the 3.5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyYUmCXIjaU

After that I did another attempt at 3.5 and got it the same distance out.

I still felt strong, so did the following:

7 parallel reps with filed 2.5. (PR since I filed it)

18 second overcrush with my #3 that gave me trouble today. (PR)

I am apparently no good at grip in the mornings.

Nice job man!

Nice attempt, it won't be long after you get your set dialed in.

Guest Bullitt

Kind of walking on air right now. John, I finally understand what you mean by getting my set dialed in. I was deadlifting tonight and after my first two warmup sets I looked over and saw my 3.5, so I chalked up and gave it a try since it went so well yesterday. I don't know if the light deads are the perfect warmup or what, but I got the best set of my life, the gripper stayed right in the pocket and Bam! I can't be 100% sure they closed because it wasn't on video, but if they didn't touch, they were within 1/16th. Not much shaking. It almost seemed as easy as my #3 with my usual crappy sets. Anyway. I'm going to grip again Friday or Saturday and will try to catch it on video to show you guys. I would have videotaped this one but I kind of did it on a whim and I didn't feel like messing with the camera as the power supply was charging and I had no idea it would be that good. I tried a second time after my next set of deads, but could only get it to between an 8th and a 1/4.

Anyway, also had a good day deadlifting. I haven't deadlifted in a while because I hurt my back doing them several weeks ago. I wanted to make sure my back was completely healed. I don't need to go under the knife for a 3rd back surgery. Great day (for this old man) pulling.

All were done DOH.

60 Lb kettlebell (sumo style) X10

105X8

185X3

225X1

275X1

310 (all the weight I have) X2 (PR)

Started up with 3rd rep, but it felt extra heavy and I figured why push it, so I aborted.

Kind of walking on air right now. John, I finally understand what you mean by getting my set dialed in. I was deadlifting tonight and after my first two warmup sets I looked over and saw my 3.5, so I chalked up and gave it a try since it went so well yesterday. I don't know if the light deads are the perfect warmup or what, but I got the best set of my life, the gripper stayed right in the pocket and Bam! I can't be 100% sure they closed because it wasn't on video, but if they didn't touch, they were within 1/16th. Not much shaking. It almost seemed as easy as my #3 with my usual crappy sets. Anyway. I'm going to grip again Friday or Saturday and will try to catch it on video to show you guys. I would have videotaped this one but I kind of did it on a whim and I didn't feel like messing with the camera as the power supply was charging and I had no idea it would be that good. I tried a second time after my next set of deads, but could only get it to between an 8th and a 1/4.

Anyway, also had a good day deadlifting. I haven't deadlifted in a while because I hurt my back doing them several weeks ago. I wanted to make sure my back was completely healed. I don't need to go under the knife for a 3rd back surgery. Great day (for this old man) pulling.

All were done DOH.

105X8

185X3

225X1

275X1

Started up with 3rd rep, but it felt extra heavy and I figured why push it, so I aborted.

good job!

All were done DOH.

105X8

185X3

225X1

275X1

Man that's fast progress :rock Looking forward to this weekends attempts :cool