Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

This is my active rest week for my bench plan. My kids are in town from Cincinnati for the week as well, so not a lot going on training wise this week. I'll hit the grippers a bit and do my two light bench workouts. Bent some steel to show my 13 yo son last night when we got home after a 13 hour drive to get them. Pretty happy with the bending. Was able to get a 5.25X1/4" round DU with single wraps the other day. Starting to get addicted. :D Probably going to pick up some G5 bolts to give a run if I get a chance this week.

Did get some cardio last night. Some 22yo punk showed up drunk at my house around 1:30AM, sniffing after my 17yo daughter who lives with me. After I caught him outside the condo, I explained how unhealthy his current pursuits were to his overall wellbeing. As I was walking away he waited until I was almost in the building and suddenly became very brave and mumbled something that he thought was clever. At which point I turned and asked him politely to repeat himself so I knew exactly why I was going to put him in the hospital. :laugh (Sorry, that was the best I could come up with at 1:30 in the morning after 13 hours in the car. He decided retreat was probably in his best interest and took off up our parking lot in a drunken half stumble, half run. I decided to have some fun and acted like I was going to chase him. Every time he would stop and look back, I would jog a few steps and go BOO! Fun times. :laugh

thats a fun way to get cardio in haha :D

Guest Bullitt

Week 5 of Sorin Bench Plan: This is active rest week. 50% of last weeks weight.

Bench: worked up to a few reps with 135lbs

Seated Press: 75lbs 4X6

Assisted Pullups (Tried to take 1/2 my 250lbs off by using my legs on a step stool to assist): 4X6

Hammer Curls (Used a 20lb kettlebell in each hand: 4X6

Hit grippers:

3.5: 2Xmiss

#3 for reps: One 6 rep set (parallel reps)

Lefty: Bunch of TNS partial reps with 3.5 and #3.

Edited by Bullitt

Stay the course Mike :D

Guest Bullitt

Had a good grip workout with my kids today. I posted a thread with the kid's hilights on the board. Here was my workout:

Grippers:

Right hand:

3.5Xmiss (3mm) (oiled it yesterday and it is all bound up. Need to get it worked in.)

#3: 1 set of 8 reps

Goody's HG300: 1X2 reps

Filed 2.5: 25 second over crush

HG350 X 1

Left hand (still just getting back into the left hand work due to the sore tendon issue):

HG200 1X12

HG250 1X6

Filed 2.5 1X2

#3 1XBFN

Eaton's 42.4lb Blob:

Righty: 1 high pull

Lefty: 1 solid lift

1 arm deadlift:

Righty (standard olympic bar):

185X1

225X1

255X1 (best part of video is son's commentary :D Love that dang kid!)

Lefty:

185X1

225X1 (sore finger tendon said stop here)

Great day. So much fun working out with my boy!!!! :rock

Nice work mate :) Your 1 arm deadlift video was great, looked like you were about to pounce when your son revealed your weight to the world wide web :D

Guest Bullitt
Nice work mate :) Your 1 arm deadlift video was great, looked like you were about to pounce when your son revealed your weight to the world wide web :D

Yea, the little turd was pretty proud of himself for that one. :D

Yea, the little turd was pretty proud of himself for that one. :D

Hahaha nearly spat out my orange juice when i read that :D

Guest Bullitt

Thursday, week 5 of Sorin Bench workout. Still on active rest. Everything 50% weights. Next week the weight gets serious as we push toward 300lbs.

Bench Press: worked up to 135Lbs

Incl: 115lb 4X6

rows: 115lb 4X6

Hammer curls with 20lb kettlebells: 4X6

Tonight did some bending. Very happy with the results. Went to the hardware store. They did not have any grade 5 6" bolts, so I bought some 60D nails and some 1/4" X 5" and 1/4" X4 1/2" regular grade bolts. When I got home tonight, I was able to DU all 3 with single wraps.

Gave the 5/16" X 6" bolt a shot DU, but could not budge it. Also, could not budge the 1/4" square CRS stock that I have. Getting the 60D and the shorter bolts let me know I am improving. Still haven't been able to DO anything. :blush Working on shoulder flexibility so hopefully it will come.

Guest Bullitt

Monday week 6 of Sorin Bench Press Plan: Weighed in at a svelte 247lbs this morning. Energy level was ok, but I was pretty stiff from yesterday's 14 hour car ride. I'm also not used to working out in the morning, but I had today off work, so I gave it a shot. No problems with any of the lifts.

Bench (paused & explosive):

BarX20

95X5

135X4

155X2

185X2

205X2

225X2

Work Sets:

255X2

230X4

Seated OH press:

145X6X6X6X6

Bodyweight pullups:

247X6X6X6X6

Hammer curls with 35lb plate in each hand. 4X6

I also hit the grippers. The strength seems to be coming back pretty quickly in my left hand. Here is an attempt at my #3 off hand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmJESCQ_isE

Guest Bullitt

Did some more gripper work this afternoon because I didn't do much this morning. Tried something a bit different. Wanted to see how many singles I could do o my #3. Set stopwatch running and did a close every minute. Got 23 singles. Missed on 24 by 2mm. Goal was 20, so I'm pretty happy with result. :D

Guest Bullitt

I was inspired by Climbers 125 rep squat session to do some squatting tonight. I haven't gone heavy on squats at all since my back surgery, and before that I always went for lower weight (around 225) for higher reps because my back has been messed up for a long time. Well tonight I pushed it a little bit and set a new PR. Not much of one compared to some of you big squatters, but I did it raw and had no pain, and helped me get over a big mental fear barrier concerning my back. Then I hit a PR on grippers too! :D

Squats:

Bodyweight (250)X10

Holding a 25lb plate in each hand X10

Holding 60Lb kettlebell X10

135X10

185X10

225X5

275X1 PR

310X1 PR

Grippers:

HG200 X1

HG250X1

#3 X close PR, paper thin, paper thin, close

Righty: worked on speed and explosiveness

HG200X1

HG250X1

Filed 2.5: 5 singles with as much speed and explosiveness as possible. Made them click as loud as I could.

#3 X1 fast as possible

3.5 missed by 1/8"

Edited by Bullitt

I was inspired by Climbers 125 rep squat session to do some squatting tonight. I haven't gone heavy on squats at all since my back surgery, and before that I always went for lower weight (around 225) for higher reps because my back has been messed up for a long time. Well tonight I pushed it a little bit and set a new PR. Not much of one compared to some of you big squatters, but I did it raw and had no pain, and helped me get over a big mental fear barrier concerning my back. Then I hit a PR on grippers too! :D

Squats:

Bodyweight (250)X10

135X10

185X10

225X5

275X1 PR

310X1 PR

Grippers:

HG200 X1

HG250X1

HG200X1

HG250X1

Filed 2.5: 5 singles with as much speed and explosiveness as possible. Made them click as loud as I could.

#3 X1 fast as possible

3.5 missed by 1/8"

Really happy for you about the back being better - Oh nice squatting too :rock

Squats:

Bodyweight (250)X10

135X10

185X10

225X5

275X1 PR

310X1 PR

Grippers:

HG200 X1

HG250X1

HG200X1

HG250X1

#3 X1 fast as possible

3.5 missed by 1/8"

Impressive. Just think after all that gripper work you still only missed your 3.5 by a small bit. Strength and Endurance is flying high for you!

Guest Bullitt

Week 6 of Sorin Bench plan: singles day. Weighed in at a slim and trim 250.4lbs ;) . Felt great other than a slightly stiff left shoulder due to sleeping on it wrong. All the bench reps were paused and explosive as possible. New PRs on a couple things. I know this is a bench centric plan, but my back strength is going through the roof! Took 59 minutes to complete.

Bench Press:

barX20

135X6

155X1

185X1

205X1

245X1

Work sets:

270X1

235X4

Incline bench:

195 X 4X6reps PR by 10lbs

Bent over Barbell Rows (strict form with full extension and squeeze at the top):

225 X 4X6reps PR by 25lbs

Was pretty burnt by this point so I did the hammers with a 25lb plate in each hand with strict form and a hard squeeze at the top of each rep.

Hammers: 4X6 reps

Week 6 of Sorin Bench plan: singles day. Weighed in at a slim and trim 250.4lbs ;) . Felt great other than a slightly stiff left shoulder due to sleeping on it wrong. All the bench reps were paused and explosive as possible. New PRs on a couple things. I know this is a bench centric plan, but my back strength is going through the roof! Took 59 minutes to complete.

Bench Press:

barX20

135X6

155X1

185X1

205X1

245X1

Work sets:

270X1

235X4

Incline bench:

195 X 4X6reps PR by 10lbs

Bent over Barbell Rows (strict form with full extension and squeeze at the top):

225 X 4X6reps PR by 25lbs

Was pretty burnt by this point so I did the hammers with a 25lb plate in each hand with strict form and a hard squeeze at the top of each rep.

Hammers: 4X6 reps

Nice work on the PRs!

Guest Bullitt

Best workout I have had in a while. Week 7 of Sorin bench plan. Monday doubles day. Weighed in at 252lbs. Felt strong as heck and stronger as the workout went on. In the middle of it, my wife walked in with my new toy from Aaron (BBE adjustable and I gave that a couple squeezes as well. Felt great on the bench. Was able to really get a good leg drive and finally felt tight throughout the press. 300 needs to look out! :rock

Bench (paused):

BarX20

135X5

155X2

185X2

205X2

225X2

Work sets:

265X2 PR (very easy. Had 1, maybe even two more reps in me)

240X4

Seated OH press ( strict form and paused)

135X5

Work sets:

155X4X6 reps PR

Pullups (bodyweight + 10lbs) = 262lbs 4X6 reps PR

Hammer curls with 35lb plate in each hand: 4X6 reps

So, as I said above, my wife walked in during my last set of weighted pullups with my new BBE adjustable from Aaron. My forearms were fried from the pullups, but I had to try it. It is set at 3/16" mount and calibrated at 159.65lbs. Would have liked to take a little while to rest up, but today is my wife's bday and I had to get ready to take her out to dinner. I was fried and am really happy with this one. Didn't think I would even get close.

Here's the video and a still of the close:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdgNb0SHiNg

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq8/mri...stable15965.jpg

Edited by Bullitt

Well your just being a PR show-off today, aren't ya? :D

159 is a big close, bro :rock

Guest Bullitt
Well your just being a PR show-off today, aren't ya? :D

159 is a big close, bro :rock

Thanks bro! It was a good day. I can't wait to hit that thing fresh.

Guest Bullitt

Did some squats and hit the grippers one last time before MM1 on Monday.

Squats: Warmed up and did a 20 rep set with 225

Then I tried out the new BBE adjustable set at MM2 specs.

Got 2 really solid closes and then on 3rd attempt did an overcrush / negative on it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiMKbr3dsA0

On my 4th attempt I tried out a CCS close on it. Actually got closer than I thought I would. I would like to try this fresh after MM1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jed_8QegxpU

Gave it a shot lefty but didn't get very close. Closed my #3 lefty then missed it by 1/4". Shut it down at that point.

Feel really good about the MM1 on Monday. Will rest up until then. I guess I'm as prepared as i can get.