Bullitt's Journal

Guest Bullitt

Yesterday was just a recovery day from the contest at Jedd's. Did some doubles with my 2.5 righty and didn't touch anything with my left hand because my forfinger tendon is on fire. Will be back to 20 rep squats tonight.

Things learned at Jedd's:

My vbar strength is better than I thought

Need to work on thick bar

Really need to work on pinch and thumb strength

Really really need to work on wrist strength

you also need to remember that you hadn't done the events before and hadn't taken any break in your training. not only does the event traing bring up your numbers, it gives you a better idea where to come in at. I expect you'll see a big jump in a couple of things if you actually rest fro GGC.

I think a lot of people neglect the thumb until they start competing.

Guest Bullitt
Dude, with that group up there, I would be glad just to complete the comp. I would be stoked that I didn't have a DNF out next to my name. All you guys did great.

Never been to a comp, but just the difference between this trip and the first trip to Paul's was night and day. I am gonna state now: The next comp you go to, you will blow it up. You will surprise yourself.....just not me. ;)

you also need to remember that you hadn't done the events before and hadn't taken any break in your training. not only does the event traing bring up your numbers, it gives you a better idea where to come in at. I expect you'll see a big jump in a couple of things if you actually rest fro GGC.

I think a lot of people neglect the thumb until they start competing.

All true. Thanks guys. I just hate finishing last. And I really hated not beating you in grippers Brent. Jerk! :angry:

:laugh

I had more fun than I have had since I had to give up hockey. Can't wait to do it all again in 3 weeks! :rock

Guest Bullitt

Back to the Squats n Milk.

Warm up:

Body weight lunges to rear and to side.

Kettlebell swings: 1X10 with 20lbs, 1X10 with 60lbs.

Squats:

135X10

185X6

235X20 PR

Pullovers on exercise ball: 1X20 with 10lb plate

Ham/glute raises on exercise ball: 1X15 w/35lb plate on belly.

Bench Press:

135X10

185X6

255X4

Strict Seated press (full stop, paused reps with pins at eye level):

135X10

165X6

200X2 PR

No pulling as my hands are fried from Jedd's still.

I had more fun than I have had since I had to give up hockey.
I didn't know you were a psychopath! I'll temper my comments in future! :cool

Guest Bullitt
I had more fun than I have had since I had to give up hockey.
I didn't know you were a psychopath! I'll temper my comments in future! :cool

:laugh:laugh:laugh

Not me Twig. I was an angel on the ice. :inno:whistel;)

Guest Bullitt

Good news, bad news, good news, bad news:

GN: Had the best pinch workout of my life last night. Was killing everything.

BN: Cleaning up I lifted a plate wrong and blew my lower back out again. They have me on anti inflamatory steroids, pian pills and ibuprofin 800mg.

GN: The Cissus and borage oil seemed to be working on my finger tendon a bit. This morning when I woke up, both my hands felt better than they have in months (yes, this was pre-pain pill). The anti-inflamatory steroids must be helping already and I'm hoping when this is all over, my left hand will finally feel almost normal again. It is my stronger pinch hand.

BN: I'm pretty stoned and in a crap load of pain. All locked up in the lower back. I'm just hoping it isn't another herniated disk.

Dang brother! I think the bad news out weighs the good news in that post! Sorry to hear that man. Here's to a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

Mike really sorry to hear this mate!!! Hope it's not too serious. Did deadlifting the other day aggrevate an old injury? :(

BN: Cleaning up I lifted a plate wrong and blew my lower back out again. They have me on anti inflamatory steroids, pian pills and ibuprofin 800mg.

GN: The Cissus and borage oil seemed to be working on my finger tendon a bit. This morning when I woke up, both my hands felt better than they have in months (yes, this was pre-pain pill). The anti-inflamatory steroids must be helping already and I'm hoping when this is all over, my left hand will finally feel almost normal again. It is my stronger pinch hand.

BN: I'm pretty stoned and in a crap load of pain. All locked up in the lower back. I'm just hoping it isn't another herniated disk.

Let's hope this passes quickly. Get well brother!

ever since My back injuries I wear a rehband belt no matter what I'm doing. I wear it everytime I'm in the gym and whenever I compete. It really keeps the lower back warm and lets the musclkes do their job. I've found it makes everything feel a lot more secure and I haven't had any "tweaks" since I started wearing it.

as for the finger tendon, have you tried sleeping with gloves or mittens on? I know it's goofy but, it does seem to help me with recovery.

BUMMER! I got your text this morning, bro - I called this afternoon and left a msg. I hope you heal up fast.

Heal up Mike!

Guest Bullitt

Thanks everyone. Seems to be feeling a bit better today. I am able to stand up pretty straight. Yesterday I was a crooked ol man. :( I think it just needs a week or so to heal up and I should be OK. It was stupid how I did it. Did my pinch workout and then was not paying attention to my back position afterwards. Was just cleaning up and picked up a 35lb plate funny and pop. Bizarre. Anyway, I will heal up in time for GGC. Can't miss that! :rock

I am supposed to drive and see my kids this weekend in Cincinnati. We will see how that goes.

Brent, where did you get your rehband belt? I will pick one up before I do anything else.

Thanks again everybody.

Sounds like a lumbago to me.

Hope you heal up soon man.

Edited by FrankyBoy

Guest Bullitt

Thanks for the well wishes everyone. I had to drive 9 hours yesterday so that didn't help, but at least it doesn't feel any worse. :(

Wearing a neoprene back brace to keep it warm and stable for the trip. Just gotta get it better by the 19th. :rock

Guest Bullitt

Back starting to feel much better. Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. Did a pressing workout last night:

Strict Seated Press, dead stop reps with pins at eye level:

BarX15

135X10

185X6

205X1 PR

225Xmiss

215X1 PR

Close grip bench:

135X10

205X9 PR

235X3 PR

Then did some pinch work with my 42.5# blob and some plates.

Back starting to feel much better. Thanks for all the well wishes everybody. Did a pressing workout last night:

Strict Seated Press, dead stop reps with pins at eye level:

BarX15

135X10

185X6

205X1 PR

225Xmiss

215X1 PR

Close grip bench:

135X10

205X9 PR

235X3 PR

Then did some pinch work with my 42.5# blob and some plates.

Nice work! Hitting PR's with a bum back lol

Guest Bullitt

Good workout yesterday. A bunch of everything. Wanted to test my back out. Didn't go heavy on squats or deads for fear of re-injury. Just wanted to start getting some strength back so I'm ready for GGC on the 19th. Wore belt for everything except ham glute raises.

Warmup:

sumo deads with 60lb KB: 1X10

kettlebell swings:

1X10 with 20lb KB

1X10 with 60lb KB

Squats:

135# 1X10

185# 1X10

Ham/glute raises on exercise ball:

bodyweightX15

Grippers:

BBEadj @ ~ 163#

1Xmiss (1/4")

1X? (may have touched. if not, was within 1mm)

1Xmiss (1/8")

5X1 with #3

1"vbar:

R/L

97.5#

167.5#

217.5#

Right only:

252.5#

275# PR

Blob work (Eaton's 42.4# blob):

3 solid pulls with each hand

Then did some DO deadlifts with blob work in between sets:

DL: 135# 1X10

blob: 2X1 each hand

DL: 205# 1X6

blob: two fingers and thumb 1 each hand PR

DL: 255# 1X3

25lb block weight: Did holds for time. Pinched with 1 finger and thumb width wise and length wise. Pinched on slanted surface.

Sledge levering. Taped a 2.5# plate to my 8lb sledge and did 5 levers each arm. Then did some simulated weaver stick stuff with it.

Back held up OK. My pinch is getting much better. :)

Edited by Bullitt

Good workout yesterday. A bunch of everything. Wanted to test my back out. Didn't go heavy on squats or deads for fear of re-injury. Just wanted to start getting some strength back so I'm ready for GGC on the 19th. Wore belt for everything except ham glute raises.

Warmup:

sumo deads with 60lb KB: 1X10

kettlebell swings:

1X10 with 20lb KB

1X10 with 60lb KB

Squats:

135# 1X10

185# 1X10

Ham/glute raises on exercise ball:

bodyweightX15

Grippers:

BBEadj @ ~ 163#

1Xmiss (1/4")

1X? (may have touched. if not, was within 1mm)

1Xmiss (1/8")

5X1 with #3

1"vbar:

R/L

97.5#

167.5#

217.5#

Right only:

252.5#

275# PR

Blob work (Eaton's 42.4# blob):

3 solid pulls with each hand

Then did some DO deadlifts with blob work in between sets:

DL: 135# 1X10

DL: 205# 1X6

blob: two fingers and thumb 1 each hand PR

DL: 255# 1X3

25lb block weight: Did holds for time. Pinched with 1 finger and thumb width wise and length wise. Pinched on slanted surface.

Sledge levering. Taped a 2.5# plate to my 8lb sledge and did 5 levers each arm. Then did some simulated weaver stick stuff with it.

Back held up OK. My pinch is getting much better. :)

Nice workout!